Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Fagtastic posted:

Jeez I hope opplopolis can live up to all this setup. I'm friggin here for it tho.

The characters themselves pointing out how lame and cliché the computer simulation explanation is gives me hope that the actual explanation will be something cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

one of the characters already explained that Marvedyne is a trap to pursue. :v

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Timelets

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I think Opplopolis is more of a "it's the journey not the destination" kind of thing. I don't think I've read a single story in my entire life about a grand, central, revolutionary mystery that actually gave an answer or a satisfying answer in the end. And if it is influenced by Pynchon's work, then that's all the more likely

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

what no things were finally getting gay

this is the worst time to step off the ship

Buddy there will be some ups and downs but I promise things are going to get so unbelievably gay

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
reminder that in two days we run out of Opplopolis for eight weeks, I don't make the rules I just post the comic :v:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

reminder that in two days we run out of Opplopolis for eight weeks, I don't make the rules I just post the comic :v:

At least then I can start sharing it with other people, since it'd be weird to recommend a comic you haven't finished reading yet and I don't want to get ahead of the thread!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

okay I couldn't leave this idea alone

click for huge (2480x1718)

Lmao

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

After Gondolin Falls

By Meg Randall.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

Finally, the main cast have noses. Except for the Slime King, because that would look weird.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

i'm not that familiar with the band but i assume this is the album that contains No Scrubs?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Amazing, who did these?

Heathcliff + Helmets

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thank you! And I'd been waiting for this strip lmao

"I guess that all makes sense,"
"I HAVE LEPROSY!!"

also I'm glad everyone liked Chakodust!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Hatebag posted:

Chako has the highest hit rate of any comic being posted currently. I hope she defeats all her sapient food enemies. I also love every stardust comic

Here's the most chilling part. Those sapient food entities are not her enemies. Those are her friends.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Stardust the Super Wizard

Chick Counterfly
Jan 9, 2023

by Hand Knit

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:swoon: I'm in love

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joseph Cubed empties his tommy gun into Straiza, blasting the vampire through the window of the restaurant! He jumps in through the broken window, ignoring the screams of customers who think they just saw him gun down a man!

Read right to left:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Stardust sitting and waiting for the villain to kill 2000 people, because otherwise the ironic punishment wouldn't be deserved

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Honestly, that’s a pretty mild punishment on Stardust’s part. Just a quick execution, no eternal torment or anything.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It is I, the "Demon". All bow down to the "Demon"!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what happened to Max.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

well they they never made The Goofiest Movie so we just don't know

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This thread is the best.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Boba Pearl posted:

This thread is the best.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Who would win in a fight, Jimmy or Chako?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If Stardust was actually a force for good

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

We're getting there, Saki. We're getting there.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Technocrat posted:

Who would win in a fight, Jimmy or Chako?

Chako for sure

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Chako would somehow intercept Jimmy between leaps and eat him in his incorporeal form or whatever. And just because she's hungry too, she wouldn't even be aware there was a fight going on

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

I think about This Island Earth every time I see Stardust

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Stardust might be the dumbest comic I've ever read. So not only does stardust just sit around twiddling his thumbs up his rear end while the villain kills 2000 people; but the villain also recognizes stardust, which means he knows how powerful he is, and knows that he'd get beaten instantly by him when he showed up.
God drat what a garbage comic.
(This is not meant to discourage posting it)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hey! He's flying through space on accelerated light waves in his special spacial tubular while 2000 people get killed! That's faster than light speed bub!

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Stardust is basically a series of secular Chick tracts

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

drat horror queefs posted:

Stardust is basically a series of secular Chick tracts

Accurate in spirit, otoh Jesus never showed up to crush the life out of the Dark Dungeons DM with his bare hands

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

We should get some Fantomah in this thread too, if Stardust is such a hit. The first ever female superhero, and it's only slightly less nonsensical than Stardust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Accurate in spirit, otoh Jesus never showed up to crush the life out of the Dark Dungeons DM with his bare hands

We're all the poorer for it :sigh: