Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hahaha I thought I got all the seasonal weapons but I need one more Firefright, and the game goes down for maintenance before reset tomorrow

thank god I work a mostly pointless job I hate

e: well I'm glad nightmare containment is going away because I never want to do one ever a-loving-gain

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
you know, the traveler being gone is weird

like you don't really notice it's not there, until you do notice, and then you're like 'woah'

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Bleck posted:

Any rundowns on Trials of the Osiris? I'm expecting to hear "oh, that's going away tomorrow, so you won't be able to get the cool bird armor, sorry."

endgame PVP mode that happens every week. You buy a pass from Saint and the more wins you get, the better rewards you get off of it. Get 7 wins in a row and you "go Flawless" and get to go to the lighthouse and open a chest there.

There's no SBMM and because it's loot oriented it basically turns into a slot machine hooked up to a meat grinder; sometimes you're the meat, sometimes you're the guy with the 2x4 pushing it in.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I really hope that launch goes smoothly tomorrow, I wanna remod all my poo poo and get to murdering asap for more guns

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/shroud/status/1629911875550085121?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Wonder how bad the new player experience is going to be tomorrow

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wonder if they just picked up 20 bounties and were like "now what???"

Not that the new player experience isn't a mess - but it might actually be better tomorrow with guardian ranks supposedly acting as a bit of a "this is what you should be doing."

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Ordinarily I'd agree, but the upcoming mod overhaul has me thinking twice.
I mean, maybe I'm being naive but the fact that there's a huge overhaul coming makes me assume they probably accounted for it.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
I haven't played properly since the end of... the forsaken seasons? I did get beyond light on sale and played a bit of it, but bounced off as I think Witch Queen was already out and I had no idea what I was doing.

Anyway, is Lightfall going to be a good time to get back into the game? Or will I need to buy the old xpacs and go through them for must-have exotics?

And how does getting Stasis work, will I need to complete Beyond Light?

Oh yeah, and is the transmog system still completely stupid, I have no idea what the current state of the art is and there are too many seo articles floating around to figure it out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, Lightfall is a good time to jump on board. It’s a lot better than jumping on board a week ago when there were 4 different seasons live and a lot of the stuff you would be learning would be about to get radically changed

Yes, you have to complete the Beyond Lifht campaign and a bunch of grinding to unlock Stasis

Transmog is a bit less stupid than it was at launch but still pretty stupid

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Transmog is now: You have a cosmetic tab that lets you apply any ornament to any armor, excluding exotics. You can also turn unlock any armor you've collected as an ornament through a special currency. (You can only get 10 of these per class a season)

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
What's the deal with that limit anyway? I was trying to whale out and just buy the synth pack in the store and it only lets you buy one. Pretty stupid imo

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

What's the deal with that limit anyway? I was trying to whale out and just buy the synth pack in the store and it only lets you buy one. Pretty stupid imo

I was going to say “to sell more” but if they only let you buy one pack that is indeed enormously stupid. Maybe there’s a performance issue with too many universal ornaments and instead of solving it they went “if we make acquisition slow enough nobody will ever see this isssue”

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bleck posted:

Any rundowns on Trials of the Osiris? I'm expecting to hear "oh, that's going away tomorrow, so you won't be able to get the cool bird armor, sorry."

The bird armor should be the armor next season, and they're also adding in the option to focus the old sets so every trials set ever should be available.

Since trials is LL enabled they don't turn it on for a few weeks at the beginning of a season. The earliest it'll return is the week after the new raid debuts, but I could see them making that IB week (especially because they're moving this to 3 times a season) and having trials return the week after.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

and now, nothing for a bit

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kith posted:

and now, nothing for a bit

A whole day to finish the Diablo 3 season thank you, Bungie.

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012
God I love checking in on D1 https://i.imgur.com/TMNTZFb.mp4

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

death cob for cutie posted:

hahaha I thought I got all the seasonal weapons but I need one more Firefright, and the game goes down for maintenance before reset tomorrow

thank god I work a mostly pointless job I hate

e: well I'm glad nightmare containment is going away because I never want to do one ever a-loving-gain

I was one short on finishing the Ikelos sniper pattern, I had the energy and everything I just needed to log in and buy one more sniper and I just...forgot. And now I'm out of town and can't play until next week. :cry:

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I didn't catch that it's a 24 hour downtime. I was 94% to a Vangaurd reset midway through a strike to get the weapon for my last Seraph title requirement when it went offline.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

3DBlast posted:

God I love checking in on D1 https://i.imgur.com/TMNTZFb.mp4

I've never played Destiny 1, but I get the impression that it was filled to the brim with grindy rng based bullshit and that people's fondness for it is a form of Stockholm syndrome.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a fun Twitter thread

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1630253285050335238

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ponzicar posted:

I've never played Destiny 1, but I get the impression that it was filled to the brim with grindy rng based bullshit and that people's fondness for it is a form of Stockholm syndrome.

but enough about destiny 2

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

ponzicar posted:

Year 1 had hilarious things like Purple engrams decoding into blues.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destiny_thememe/status/1630204318652731392?s=46&t=A5CzhvHtH6M74paddBU17Q

Destiny 2 Lightfall: Play As Intended (Experience Pain and Suffering)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

literally same. Well I guess did get Gjallarhorn and the catalyst over the weekend. But otherwise same.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Much respek

I saved up 2M of bounties because Legendary Campaign is gonna be delightful with some o them mods active

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Remembered the 24 hour downtime so I focused all my Crucible engrams this morning.

Between last season and this I focused close to 100 engrams for the gun I want and got 1 (one) close to usable roll.

Hmmm

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I never got the crucible boots to drop for my titan. lmao

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1630252298948554753?s=46&t=A5CzhvHtH6M74paddBU17Q

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Patch notes are out, tons of good poo poo.

Note: Weapons that already have an existing anti-Champion behavior (i.e. an Artifact mod, an intrinsic anti-Champion capability, or the ability to apply another subclass keyword that stuns a Champion type) will not be granted the anti-barrier behavior from volatile rounds.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hell,

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/update_7_0_0_1

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Patch notes are out, tons of good poo poo.

Note: Weapons that already have an existing anti-Champion behavior (i.e. an Artifact mod, an intrinsic anti-Champion capability, or the ability to apply another subclass keyword that stuns a Champion type) will not be granted the anti-barrier behavior from volatile rounds.

yeah that's consistent with previous behaviour, that an exotic w/ intrinsic anti-champ couldn't double up with the seasonal mods

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

This should help idiots like me

quote:

Champions can now be stunned with various elemental verbs:

Barrier Champions are weak to:
Shots from a player with the Solar radiant buff
Void volatile rounds
Strand unraveling rounds

Overload Champions are weak to:
Arc jolt
Void suppression
Stasis slow

Unstoppable Champions are weak to:
Arc blind
Solar ignition
Stasis shatter
Strand suspend

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

lol that literally the only mention of Gambit in the patch notes is in the localisation section.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
Aw dang, had a lucky red border drop or two over the weekend and thought I was going to be able to squeeze in completing the Drang pattern. But that would have required logging in today, didn't realize there was going to be downtime. Ah well!

Also oof, there's that HoIL nerf we all knew was coming. Guess that means I can go back to my traditional Actium War Rig/Sweet Business for the campaign playthrough!

El Cid fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 27, 2023

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Everything looks great but it seems wild that Chill Clip deals with the two most annoying kid of champions trivially. Like, I'm not complaining because I love my Deliverance and it just got even better but it is a choice to make that particular perk even better.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

im happy that they've outright stated that most well mods will now make orbs instead, allowing a majority of well builds to easily be turned into CWL builds.

Also they finally loving fixed Khepri's Sting, sweet.

bungus posted:

Claws of Ahamkara will not provide an additional melee charge when equipped to a Strand subclass.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bungus posted:

Deepsight has been removed on existing weapons that do not have a pattern available to unlock.

This one also sucks, I was looking forward to that moderate headstart when VoG and LW weapons became craftable

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

no updates or reworks for nothing exotics or swap super exotics. pathetic

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

With Lightfall we really get the opportunity to expand on what The Witness really is from a musical standpoint. There will be sudden bursts and sudden shifts to show you that The Witness is not really in control.

:thunk:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lmfao no mention of a new PvP map in the patch notes? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that sure is a HOIL nerf, not like it wasn't deserved but that's a gigantic loss of power for arc/void/stasis titans