Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

also extremely handsome

His beard is actually very fail and patchy. He looks better without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

I'm all for more teams on the grid, especially one that isn't just a B-team buying poo poo from a larger team which seems like it's a sizeable chunk of the grid at this point.

Apart from Haas, who else does this?

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
All of them except RB/Merc/Ferrari/Alpine

FakeBlood fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 27, 2023

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

MakaVillian posted:

I dunno, I also enjoyed Binotto repeatedly saying "we are aware we're making mistakes" while continuing to make the exact same mistakes.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FakeBlood posted:

All of them except RB/Merc/Fertari/Alpine

Yep.

Aston Martin use pretty much the entire rear end of the Merc under the bodywork, including gearbox and suspension. I think Williams now use the gearbox after years of Claire Williams (I'd take her gearbox etc) refusing to.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Who cares about DTS, my 5 year old watch it and here and there I catch a glimp of pretty race shots and dumb conversations with f1 people an you just lol at it and that's it. There is not a lot more to it then that in my opinion

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Monstaland posted:

Who cares about DTS, my 5 year old watch it and here and there I catch a glimp of pretty race shots and dumb conversations with f1 people an you just lol at it and that's it. There is not a lot more to it then that in my opinion

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Monstaland posted:

You shouldn't let your 5 year old on the forums

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I don’t want to look for a long time, does anyone have the league code for fantasy?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Monstaland posted:

Drive to survive is good and entertaining and everyone should watch it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It does a good job of reminding you of some of the past lols and doesn't at all mention that most of the races were 2 hour promenades.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Bip Roberts posted:

Then you have leagues like MLS that are just Ponzi schemes where basically whole source of revenue for the established teams is the entry fees from expansion teams.

Apple may have bailed them out, very lucky for them. fake it until you make it (see also Haas)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I'm an idiot who watched the entirety of last season, why would I want to relive it via DTS

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Which episode is the one where the track is struck by a missile in the middle of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, leading to a fiery explosion that claims the life of two marshals and famed driver Roman Grossjean, and we get to relive Crofty's iconic call, "AS GOD AS MY WITNESS THAT CAR IS BROKEN IN HALF," followed by an emotional Will Buxton comparing the fragility of the peace process in the Arabian desert with the fragility of human life when you are a race car driver.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i really hate all the "THEY'RE GLADIATORS, THEY"RE WARRIORS" bullshit in f1 and also other sports. no they're not. they drive a car or throw/catch a ball.

crofty sucks so much

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I'm an idiot who watched the entirety of last season, why would I want to relive it via DTS

The last season of F1 was better and more interesting than this season of DTS.

It's hard to be that bad.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the milk machine posted:

i really hate all the "THEY'RE GLADIATORS, THEY"RE WARRIORS" bullshit in f1 and also other sports. no they're not. they drive a car or throw/catch a ball.

crofty sucks so much
It was the "gladiators" journalists back in the 60s/70s/80s who argued against the safety measures that made this [mostly] not a death sport today. Journalists who called Stewart a coward because he said his job was to display his driving talent not his bravery

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

the milk machine posted:

crofty sucks so much

loving guy just screams.

As stupid as the fake commentary is in DTS, it's necessary because the main English commentators say nothing valuable for 2 hours.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

the milk machine posted:

crofty sucks so much

They are braver than the troops and cops op

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

They are braver than the troops and cops op

That’s a low bar

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Anyone make a fantasy league yet?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Anyone make a fantasy league yet?
Checo WDC

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zedd posted:

Checo WDC

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Leclerc WDC

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the milk machine posted:

crofty sucks so much

Instead of spending my annual F1 budget of £70 on some janky as gently caress and highly illegal TV streaming service I've VPN bought F1 TV Pro. Alex Jacques seems pretty dece on the F3 and F2 commentary and I am starting to think if I have to listen to Sky's resident fat-oval office-from-down-the-pub-darts-expert scream incorrect bullshit alongside their tenured dementia patient commentator for the red eye races for another season I'll be on a news story that ends with "before turning the gun on himself."

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i forgot how promising bahrain was last year

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Appreciate the optimism but I’m afraid we’re in for several more years of Max wdcs

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
yeah f1tv is great imo. i like being able to pull up a lot of old races too so I can hear the v10s when i want

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sab0921 posted:

Drive to survive is good and entertaining and everyone should watch it.

Agreed. I don't understand how anyone can dislike DTS for:

1. Actually bringing new people in to the sport beyond dumb neckbeards.
2. Making an awful and boring F1 season somewhat interesting.

Because we're <1 week away from 75% of us either missing the races completely and/or posting about how we fell asleep on the couch after 15 minutes.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol if you think DTS didn't just bring in more moronic neckbeards.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Residency Evil posted:

Agreed. I don't understand how anyone can dislike DTS for:

1. Actually bringing new people in to the sport beyond dumb neckbeards.
2. Making an awful and boring F1 season somewhat interesting.

Because we're <1 week away from 75% of us either missing the races completely and/or posting about how we fell asleep on the couch after 15 minutes.

DTS fans are noticeably deficiente in the passione department, OP. They typically post moronic poo poo about how Lando Norris is "poggers" or how Zak Brown is "cool and good" instead of being a fat boomer edgelord.

They do not respect the institution of F1 which is, of course, Scuderia Ferrari.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Kirios posted:

Leclerc WDC

Alonso to win a race this year. We're going to need a Lando version of :ferrari:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
watching DTS my wife pointed out how rough it must be for Zak Brown, who is america-fat, always having to be photographed with people who are at most europe-fat

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

the milk machine posted:

watching DTS my wife pointed out how rough it must be for Zak Brown, who is america-fat, always having to be photographed with people who are at most europe-fat

What level fat is otmar? He definitely has usa grown moobs.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Charles Leclerc posted:

DTS fans are noticeably deficiente in the passione department, OP. They typically post moronic poo poo about how Lando Norris is "poggers" or how Zak Brown is "cool and good" instead of being a fat boomer edgelord.

They do not respect the institution of F1 which is, of course, Scuderia Ferrari.

I got sucked into this dumbass sport by DTS so I will never let that grudge go

But I became an instant Scud bud the moment I saw the 2 most handsome drivers on the grid driving the sexiest car; it turns out it was a car so sexy hot it would regularly burst into flames.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

That's just the passione rising from within the car

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Bip Roberts posted:

What level fat is otmar? He definitely has usa grown moobs.

that’s a tricky one, born in europe but moved to the us as a kid. seems america-fat to me

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It happens if you get pumped full of corn syrup in your formative years

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Charles Leclerc posted:

I started watching F1 right before the Vettelreich when everyone hated Ferrari and Schumacher for making the sport boring. If only we knew back then what we knew now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

I started watching F1 rooting for Mika Hakkinen vs Schumacher, because my dad is a lifelong tifosi and having a friendly rivalry was fun. DTS seems fine to me, I don't get any elitism about new fans. They just want to see interesting people drive cars fast, and the show is that sort of "photoshopped reality" that does that for everything else we consume these days. Of course it doesn't get everything accurate, no "reality" tv does.