Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
croup's watching the skies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

500 good dogs posted:

gbs china thread ftw

my favorite era of that thread was when it had an ik that quite literally said it was okay for him to be racist because he had a chinese girlfirend

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

my favorite era of that thread was when it had an ik that quite literally said it was okay for him to be racist because he had a chinese girlfirend

o_O

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's the perfect defense really

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3971965

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shumagorath posted:

OP is mad I made fun of him until he got thread banned from the Google Stadia shark tank thread in loving Games.

Making fun of stux will cause him to read your entire post history; everyone should try it.

e:
Now that I've caught up with the thread: I am mad that government middle management graft perpetuated the perfect conditions for a zoonotic-origin virus to spawn (housing multiple species together in unsanitary conditions, one or more of which is a known coronavirus reservoir). I am mad Xi himself seems to have been complicit in the coverup that let the virus get out of control. I still am, because had those wildlife markets been closed like the top-level government ordered instead of kept open on the DL, we might have been spared four million deaths. I'm also mad that people on my side of the globe have had 18 months to figure out basic mask-wearing and still can't seem to manage even that.

My ex's family is Chinese Canadian and found the same things equally gross.

Shumagorath posted:

Obviously the blender thing was sarcastic, but abattoirs are not nice places, and there is a specific market in Wuhan named as a possible origin due to unsanitary conditions allowing animal viruses to swap genetic material and become covid-19. If it were just pigs (for example), or even pigs next to vegetables as some guy thought I failed to understand earlier, this would not have happened.

Anyhow, I'm going to do my daily 50pts of Mandarin. You guys feel free to continue making poo poo up.

Lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

watchin this poo poo through tiny glasses with a handle like some derby debutante rn

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

In my humble opinion, getting the thread shut down (even requesting it to be "gassed") is, quite literally, defending russia. Maybe not the prescribed intent, but as many posters have said, in this incredible hosed up world and situation, the thread was a way of coping with the insanity.

that dude is so cool.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this is why it's okay for me to be misogynistic (woman wife)

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

coping with insanity (giving myself brain damage by watching video after video of people dying in horrible, violent ways)

some of us like to stay up to date!!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

yeah im not sure where he's finding an official soviet death count from chernobyl of any sort with 42. it's 31 for direct deaths and then various projections for stochastic cancer etc

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

In my humble opinion, getting the thread shut down (even requesting it to be "gassed") is, quite literally, defending russia. Maybe not the prescribed intent, but as many posters have said, in this incredible hosed up world and situation, the thread was a way of coping with the insanity.

Lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

why is gassed in quotes

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lmao incredible

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I love that sa rn is literally that twilight zone episode where they say commies are invading over the radio and a whole suburb burns itself to the ground in a panic while scientists take notes

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

I love that sa rn is literally that twilight zone episode where they say commies are invading over the radio and a whole suburb burns itself to the ground in a panic while scientists take notes

lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

something something man's inhumanity to man *post office explodes* woah-ho NELLY ted come over and get a load of this poo poo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

lmfao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Can a mod post the votes on this thread pls

And the holodomor thread too

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

really queer Christmas posted:

Can a mod post the votes on this thread pls

And the holodomor thread too

thanks for reminding me to vote 5

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
people have said for a long time containment threads don't work but from the amount of gbs post that have appeared in cspam i can definitively say it do

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

people have said for a long time containment threads don't work but from the amount of gbs post that have appeared in cspam i can definitively say it do

"containment threads dont work" is a psyop to keep up the containment threads

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i told you so posted:

im not perma'd and never have been

soo....then you're how are u?

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023
lets keep it to the state of the forums rather than getting hung up on identities. now that i have azathoth's attention, however, maybe you can tell me how you came to feel that genocide denial was cool and good in cspam

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
It's time to confess something: I'm t-man

This may come as a shock to many of you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i told you so posted:

lets keep it to the state of the forums rather than getting hung up on identities. now that i have azathoth's attention, however, maybe you can tell me how you came to feel that genocide denial was cool and good in cspam

we're the joker, and the joker finds messed up things like that funny

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

war of the worlds but instead of everyone freaking out and a few people dying of a heart attack, everyone just yells at the mods to do something about it

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

we're the joker, and the joker finds messed up things like that funny

then maybe you should try being funnier!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i told you so posted:

i like genocide denial because..... its a cool thing to do

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023

Homeless Friend posted:

i like genocide denial because..... its a cool thing to do

i dont think so tim!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
sheeeeit my b ad 'its a fun thing to do' is the reference

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i told you so posted:

then maybe you should try being funnier!!

no, that doesn't make sense. that's not a response to what I said. sorry but that's a bad one.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i told you so posted:

oh are you the person behind the fascists of SA twitter?

anyway you can stop bugging me, im not an admin anymore i dont have to give a poo poo about you

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the only genocide denier mod cspam had was Flavius

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

oh are you the person behind the fascists of SA twitter?

i thought that ended up being guy dude or whatever their name was

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i told you so posted:

its cool and good no matter where it happens

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023
honestly dont know how long i can keep this up going after az feels mean spirited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023
mf just retired