Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
There is more content in any Garfield minus Garfield than any prickly city.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Biden Makes Secret Trip to the United States

Ted Rall posted:

President Biden received praise for secretly traveling to Ukraine to offer his support. Meanwhile, people in beleaguered American cities like East Palestine, Ohio, site of a toxic train derailment, have not seen hide nor hair of him.

First Dog on the Moon: Robodebt – turns out it was unlawful and that some people may or may not have known

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

The piss tears are real

"Can we get much higher"..... "Higher!"

I look forward to the comic ending in missile detonation!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Stiglich: The most dangerous bigotry is when you say "whites should not associate with blacks" and then a bunch of people decide that they would rather not associate with you.

Korner Kelly: White to work state.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Imagine being the two faces he had to label

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Brawnfire posted:

Imagine being the two faces he had to label

He should have labeled a third because who the hell is that black guy supposed to be?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"I can't believe they took me off the rice bags!"
"Aren't you Clarence Thomas?"
"I'm not wearing glasses, tho."
"Yeah, but you've got a mustache."
"I seem to have a fu-manchu of sorts."
"This is really doing my HEAD in!"

*all heads laugh*

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am impressed at the preservation efforts of Washington’s and Lincoln’s heads. Those morticians earned their keep.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

yes, JK Rowling, who suffered the terrible injustice of... people getting mad at awful things she's said while she still continues to make boatloads of cash off of Harry Potter.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Place your hero's tender necks upon the altar of a better tomorrow.

But oh, hey, guess it was Dr. Seuss that the kerfuffle I was talking about the other day came from. Thanks for confirming, Tom!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

But really when I think about how easily you could fill this uhh graveyard(?) with stupid bullshit right wingers "cancelled"

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Have we reached peak Branco?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Branco has been good lately although lol at him pretending like he didn't support every neocon

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

JamesBont posted:

Have we reached peak Branco?

No, although this is the third appearance of spelling blocks after a looooong gap.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ben Garrison posted:

First of all, I want to say I hold no malice toward Scott Adams, nor do I wish his business to fail or his revenue to decline. Scott is a public figure who wants to attract more attention to himself as a ‘persuader’ and influencer. He has every right to say unpopular things and leverage his First Amendment right of free speech. He should not be punished by having his popular comic strip, ‘Dilbert,’ cancelled as a result. Scott knows newspapers are dying, and being canceled by them improves his brand by making him a victim of cancel culture.

Adams talked about a poll which revealed nearly half of black Americans thought it was not OK to be white. This is not surprising. Joe Biden himself stated white Americans were on their way to becoming a minority in America and it was a ‘good thing.’ Really, Joe? How is that good exactly? Joe claimed to be a uniter, but he has done all he can to divide the country and racial division is always pushed by Democrats. White people are consistently demonized by Democrats and corporate media. Why is the poll surprising? It should be expected.

Adams stated on his YouTube broadcast, “If nearly half of all blacks are not OK with white people—according to this poll—not according to me, then that’s a hate group.” He then said white people needed to stay away from black people because such animosity was impossible to fix.

Race relations may be impossible to fix, but Scott may be missing a larger perspective. In America, it’s legal to hate others. Hate speech is legal too. It’s OK to be white, and it’s OK for black people to hate white people and vice versa. It’s a prerogative based on freedom. What’s not free or legal is acting upon that hate with violence toward other races. That is against the law. We are a Republic based on the rule of law and the equal application of the law. Our justice system must be blind toward race. That’s why when we see the statue of Lady Justice holding up her scales, she appears blindfolded. Justice is meted out based on facts and evidence—not on hate. If we had an equitable rather than equal justice system, it would then be based on race and hate. White folk would be convicted more frequently simply because of their race, while black people would be freed no matter how damning the evidence against them might be. This is already happening. A great many Soros-funded prosecutors let criminals go free simply based on their appearance—not the evidence.

The Marxist, woke ideology infecting our country uses equity to deepen the race relations divide. They want us all fighting against each other instead of uniting together as Americans. We must recognize the ‘Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity’ mantra for what it is: DIE.

Unfortunately, critical race theory and ‘woke-ism’ have become too deeply ingrained into corporate America as well as our political institutions, schools, military, the court system, and especially the mainstream media.

Anyone who dares raise facts or statistics that paint favored races in a bad light is instantly branded a ‘racist.’ Then comes the attack on their ability to make a living. Social media bans them. They are shunned and even banks are willing to close their accounts. They are canceled. De-personed. Demonized. Scott Adams must have been aware that his comic strip would be widely dropped, but since newspaper viewership continues its sharp decline, perhaps it’s his way to retire it while he continues to say controversial things that attracts more attention to his online presentations.

Good luck, Scott.
Garrison has had a minor feud with Adams over the past year or so regarding some covid issue. Vaccines, probably. So I expected this cartoon to be some crowing over Adams’s misfortune. Chalk it up to my own underestimating of racism’s power to overcome any animosity between two white dudes.

This makes the cartoon all the more terrible, as what initially looks like Adams wrongly keeping Dilbert away from black people is actually Adams correctly keeping Dilbert away from those angry black people who are just never happy with anything. I’m dying inside!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: “How can I make this person look like the hero in my comic?” *draws them with a cone head, red faced and scowling as they desperately try to pull someone away from trying to be friends with black people* “Perfect! It’s so clear this is the good person here!”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Edit: double post

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah, and now Scott is getting even more salty about being cancelled, in ways that pretty much are "well if you're going to say I'm a racist, might as well pull off the mask":

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1630186244327227393

edit: I think a white guy saying "I identified as black for several years" is possibly the most blindered, priveleged thing I've ever heard, it literally stunned me in how offensive and idiotic it was

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 27, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In case anyone is wondering or slightly on the fence about him having some African diaspora heritage or something, nah, it's straight up because "blacks have it easier"

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1630244325128044547

Fired by callous racists yet again for pretending to be Black at work.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm completely convinced that Adams did this so he can claim that his lovely comic that nobody cares about anymore got canceled by THE WOKE OUTRAGE MOB, rather than because it's a lovely comic that nobody cares about anymore. Now he can rake in that sweet right wing grift. It's like intellectual insurance fraud.

(but also he 100% believes what he said)

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Guavanaut posted:

In case anyone is wondering or slightly on the fence about him having some African diaspora heritage or something, nah, it's straight up because "blacks have it easier"

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1630244325128044547

Fired by callous racists yet again for pretending to be Black at work.

Ah yes, that famously unsuccessful demographic "white men".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So if we're supposed to hate all black people, does that include white guys who identify as black for all the many social and economic perks? Hate them too or are they all right

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
So Scott Adams is saying that white people should stay hell away from black people - such as himself. :hmmyes:

You know the old phrase - "around Scott Adams, never relaxms."

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pancho Jueves posted:

Did you know they're being forced to use a bunch of intermediaries in the justice system just to own slaves now? White men have it hard!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm completely convinced that Adams did this so he can claim that his lovely comic that nobody cares about anymore got canceled by THE WOKE OUTRAGE MOB, rather than because it's a lovely comic that nobody cares about anymore. Now he can rake in that sweet right wing grift. It's like intellectual insurance fraud.

(but also he 100% believes what he said)

I was surprised that Ben Garrison was willing to just tell people how the scam works

Ben Garrison posted:

Scott knows newspapers are dying, and being canceled by them improves his brand by making him a victim of cancel culture.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Dilbert scooting around the office saying "What is vertical, my N****?" while the Boss ticks his diversity hire sheet.

What an age we live in.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pancho Jueves posted:

Hey, you don't see a White History Month, do you? Just ignore the fact that there's a history or pride month associated with pretty much every flavor of White People possible.

And I don't see any colleges or big companies getting government bennies for enrolling/hiring more white people, do you? Where's OUR affirmative action? Check and mate, libs :smuggo:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on politics red in tooth and maw – Former and current PMs at odds over Northern Ireland protocol" After Goya.

Telegraph:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I kind of like the art for the bridge troll one. Reminds me a lot of the Rankin and Bass The Hobbit.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Home affairs minister Clare O'Neill who is also handling cyber security. Federal government to rewrite cyber laws after Optus, Medibank hacks (ABC).

Wilcox:

Knight:

Senator Lidia Thorpe's protest at the Mardi Gras.

Spooner:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Pants Donkey posted:

Garrison has had a minor feud with Adams over the past year or so regarding some covid issue. Vaccines, probably. So I expected this cartoon to be some crowing over Adams’s misfortune. Chalk it up to my own underestimating of racism’s power to overcome any animosity between two white dudes.

This makes the cartoon all the more terrible, as what initially looks like Adams wrongly keeping Dilbert away from black people is actually Adams correctly keeping Dilbert away from those angry black people who are just never happy with anything. I’m dying inside!

without labels i don't know what this is trying to say

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Adams having a normal one on twitter, claims the cancelation is evidence that not wanting to associate with him is the mass delusion of those who cannot understand his point, then he all like "this is why I identified as black for a few years" lordy be

For additional comedy ups, he retweets the snide pseudosupport of doug tennapel, a parallel headcase who now spends hours a day making sure everyone knows how not mad he is about being similarly dropped from creative projects for being an actually kind of crazy homophobe and transphobe. He's not mad at all and definitely doesn't constantly google his name

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Staluigi posted:

doug tennapel
That's a name I've not heard or thought about in a while

Hundreds of liberals so mad at me (they're just out of frame, you can't see them)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Perilous situation by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Kap from Spain
"Pssst, original editions of Roald Dahl's books. Very illegal!"

Charlie Hebdo

Should we give Pierre Palmade to Ukraine?

This piece is a joke on the attempts to de-extinct the dodo. Here they caricature various French figures saying "A gene from..." and showing it is being taken to construct the bird. Macron is saying "I have wings, but I don't fly!".

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

the_steve posted:

Hey, you don't see a White History Month, do you? Just ignore the fact that there's a history or pride month associated with pretty much every flavor of White People possible.

And I don't see any colleges or big companies getting government bennies for enrolling/hiring more white people, do you? Where's OUR affirmative action? Check and mate, libs :smuggo:
On this latter part, there was https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initiative_200 that stood in WA of all places for 20yr.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jimmy Margulies

I finally caught up with the thread! Gotta ask, is there an award category for "most behind the times?" because shouldn't this have been published in November? Of 2020?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Bolling is so good.