Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Al! posted:

pnutty in my mouuuuuth
pnutty in my mother fuckin mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

D-Pad posted:

Wow I have never seen that video and that is an extremely good video of a tic tac. I guess it could be a bug but it doesn't look like any bug mistaken for UFO I've seen before. That's an incredible tic tac video.

Is it the Beaver Creek video? It's not available for me to watch.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Al! posted:

pnutty in my mouuuuuth
pnutty in my mother fuckin mouth
better eat the rooti like the groceries

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

thank you, that's a lot less weird than i remember, but the wayback machine doesn't seem to show signs of meddling

i did find that i'd retweeted a screenshot of the original clickbait picture though and it's way better than the one they have now

fake edit: lets timg that bad boy

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

nice, drink enough of those and you'll have a sighting no doubt

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

if you chug imperial stout you deserve it

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
the p'nutties dig the nibs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dwVnShT0k

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I never understood why "kill whitey" was controversial

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

so if one of you decided to attack what you thought was a grey on a back patio of a bar/restaurant last night with a knife that was me so be more careful next time.

Also sorry for shoving you through a wall but you were really in a rage!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lol you met riot bimbo in a dream

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This Nat Geo series is really good. Learning a lot.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I'm waiting for the Nat Geo series on archons

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

im saint germain posted:

I'm waiting for the Nat Geo series on archons

Landru Was Right

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1630533511168794627

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Unsurprisingly too dumb to get on board with the official balloon explanation

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's pretty cool that a senator is putting this in writing... I just wish it was a different senator

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it's pretty cool that a senator is putting this in writing... I just wish it was a different senator

the thing that makes me most skeptical is that it's this idiot talking about it

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Lol you met riot bimbo in a dream

it definitely sounds like me, but i was busy driving a car, getting instructions from my dead/ghost grandma, and spying on Ukranian/American forces in a football stadium in ukraine

a ukranian officer was chasing me and trying to shoot me and i was teleporting around like loki and taking pics of their forces + equipment + stealing american passports so i was way too busy to be knifing j'rooti

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Politico article Rubio links to is written by Ryan Graves.

quote:

[...]

I am impressed by the recent whistleblower protections enacted last year to encourage more pilots and others to come forward, and I support the fresh push by Rubio and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) for full funding of AARO. Given the stakes, Congress also needs to fund grants for more scientific inquiry of UAP.

Above all, we need to listen to pilots. Military and civilian pilots provide critical, first-hand insights into advanced UAP. Right now, the stigma attached to reporting UAP is still too strong. Since I came forward about UAP in 2019, only one other pilot from my squadron has gone public. Commercial pilots also face significant risks to their careers for doing so.

New rules are needed to require civilian pilots to report UAP, protect the pilots from retribution, and a process must be established for investigating their reports. Derision or denial over the unknown is unacceptable. This is a time for curiosity.

If the phenomena I witnessed with my own eyes turns out to be foreign drones, they pose an urgent threat to national security and airspace safety. If they are something else, it must be a scientific priority to find out.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Marco may be an rear end, but UFOs should not be a partisan issue

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

let all birb

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

youre in luck because ufos are a foreign policy issue, and of course there's only one foreign policy allowed in the establishment regardless of party alignment

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Been sacking off work reading this blog post, kinda interesting

https://1001dusks.wordpress.com/201...control-system/

Widening Vallee's control system theory to non-UFO high strangenesses

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hooplah posted:

youre in luck because ufos are a foreign policy issue, and of course there's only one foreign policy allowed in the establishment regardless of party alignment

Are...are we the Daleks?

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012
Apparently the airspace over st Petersburg (Russia) is close or was closed because of a uap. Got it from the swedish news.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

show me the fukkin black triangle vids lil marco

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

DrHub posted:

Apparently the airspace over st Petersburg (Russia) is close or was closed because of a uap. Got it from the swedish news.

EDIT nevermind, the footage isn't related, loving redditors

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Is this national security line actually a legitimate concern or is it just a rhetorical strategy to get the military apparati to acknowledge more information?
There's something that really bugs me about the "protect are airspace"/uap is a threat rationale. We know these guys love their fancy toys and war room action and would love an excuse to shoot at what they think is a literal demon. Not to mention that we are once again allowing the king polluters to tell us about the danger we are in. If it's just a rhetorical strategy then fine, because I dont think the US military should be the lead organization/bottleneck on this, but defining the threat as a kinetic one is missing the problem by so much that I can only assume it's deliberate

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DrHub posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1630511645268094978

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

The closure of St. Petersburg airport is in no way related to recent NORAD and U. S. Northern Command operations associated with airborne objects over North America during the last month.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Is this national security line actually a legitimate concern or is it just a rhetorical strategy to get the military apparati to acknowledge more information?
There's something that really bugs me about the "protect are airspace"/uap is a threat rationale. We know these guys love their fancy toys and war room action and would love an excuse to shoot at what they think is a literal demon. Not to mention that we are once again allowing the king polluters to tell us about the danger we are in. If it's just a rhetorical strategy then fine, because I dont think the US military should be the lead organization/bottleneck on this, but defining the threat as a kinetic one is missing the problem by so much that I can only assume it's deliberate

Depends on what you mean by legitimate concern.

The true believers / career technocrats in National Security / empire management who take UAPs/USOs seriously absolutely think it is a legitimate concern for national security.

But there are definitely people who understand that the only way to get high-level attention and funding on the subject is to frame it in that context even if they don't personally subscribe to it. Academics chasing soft-money grants for research are the grizzled veterans of this sort of approach; slap the right keywords and kayfabe on a project proposal and DARPA will help keep the lab running and the phd students grinding.

Somewhere in-between those two poles are the Marco Rubios of the world. As a politician it is impossible to know whether he has any sincerely held beliefs about anything. But we can observe that he wants, desperately, to be seen as a "Very Serious Person" and, therefore, one of the last of the Very Serious People in the GOP. Presumably, he thinks the median suburban voter will want a VSP over a Trump, DeSantis, or whoever else. Because Rubio is also observably stupid, etc.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

little marco just wanted to bbe the president

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
He’s also extremely thirsty, which is highly suspicious. Do you miss your aquatic home planet, “Mario”??

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
not really UFOs but malleable memories https://www.simplypsychology.org/loftus-palmer.html

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

E Depois do Adeus posted:

If we accept the underlying premise that it is a fundamental duty of a nationstate to control access to the space within its borders, and that part of controlling borders is controlling the airspace above claimed land, then yes it is absolutely a legitimate concern.

Accepting that what we're seeing is at least partially nuts and bolts, aka not an entirely psychological phenomenon, then there is, by governmental logic, someone who is not authorized to do so so flying over any and all of the US with utter impunity whenever they want whenever they want.

That is literally an existential threat under their assumptions, because if they cannot control access and prevent someone from doing something they don't want, it puts their very notion of sovereignty at risk.

Don't interrogate this structure, since it obviously falls apart once you start examining it too closely, but yes under the logic of the people making the claim, UFOs represent an existential threat.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Just saw some canada geese violating US sovereignty. the missiles are in the air

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Azathoth posted:

Don't interrogate this structure

there is an inner logic
and we're taught to stay far from it
it is simple and elegant
but it's cruel and antithetic
and there's no effort to reveal it

Interrogate it every chance you get. With as big an audience as you can muster. Especially if you know, live, and/or work with people who swim in those waters. Identifying and working through the contradictions helps (at least IMO/IME) people begin to understand the limits of both liberalism (c.f. Frosted Flake) and scientific empiricism. The latter may still have its merits, but taking its primacy/superiority/etc. on blind faith is what NDT-brain is all about. And it's the kind of questioning/curiosity that naturally allows people to unwrap the diamond in their colon and start considering why it is that we seem to know so little about what is going on with all this poo poo.

(Az I know you weren't serious, I'm just running with it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Nichael posted:

the thing that makes me most skeptical is that it's this idiot talking about it

fr, rubio is the guy who can't form complete sentences without a script