Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just waiting to see if the Shenhe/Ayaka rumors are true or not before I start throwing out wishes. Because I hear that Inazuma's awkward government princess is a pretty strong cryo character and I dunno who I should go for right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
They had the banners on the patch preview stream, so yeah, Ayaka/Shenhe rerun is confirmed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh sick, maybe I'll throw a 10 roll on each banner or 20 on one and hope for more Collei constellations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish I had Gorou because finding crystal marrow on my own is tough

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Man, I just finished the last Jeht quest so far and how the hell do Rana and Scaramouche get Visions for their moments and Jeht didn't right there? Especially Rana, she just, like, decided to travel and got a Vision from it.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Captain France posted:

Man, I just finished the last Jeht quest so far and how the hell do Rana and Scaramouche get Visions for their moments and Jeht didn't right there? Especially Rana, she just, like, decided to travel and got a Vision from it.

I'd say Rana risking her life and almost dying to the blight only to have friends work with nature spirits to save her is the sort of ordeal that could definitely help tilt the scales

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Coolness Averted posted:

I'd say Rana risking her life and almost dying to the blight only to have friends work with nature spirits to save her is the sort of ordeal that could definitely help tilt the scales

It was the gods or whoever taking pity on you and ensuring that, at the least, you won't have to spend another 20 hours saving this one person again

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zenostein posted:

It was the gods or whoever taking pity on you and ensuring that, at the least, you won't have to spend another 20 hours saving this one person again

Less jokingly, it's a running theme how capricious the issuing of Visions seems to be. There are many, many humans who have both ambition and willpower to see their dreams through who never receive Visions, while sometimes Visions are given seemingly more to save someone's life than to actually reward any determination on their part, like Fischl or Kujoh Sara.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Meowywitch posted:

I wish I had Gorou because finding crystal marrow on my own is tough

The interactive map has you covered. Failing that:
and just follow the spines.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm either not clicking with Hu Tao's playstyle or I'm just so used to how brain-dead I could play as Ganyu that the rest of the game feels hard again. Even without using reactions and trash artifacts on Ganyu I can just melt everything in the overworld without getting hit, but when I switch to Hu Tao I feel like I'm doing four times as much effort to do half the damage and constantly wasting food/revives/running back to statues

When I first asked for advice people told me to go to Keqing or Alhaitham team, if I'm just playing overworld and story and stepping foot into Inazuma for the first time is that the play? I don't mind grinding out materials for either of them for the next couple days.

I think I might've been spoiled on so easy Ganyu makes the game that I don't know how to play melee anymore

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hu tao isnt an overworld character. Shes a hard content/boss killer thats gated by a time check.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hu tao pretty much needs a shielder unless you're very good at the game. and also yeah she's clunky to play in overworld.

Kale
May 14, 2010

DancingShade posted:

I think the upcoming banners are absolutely fantastic. The best I could have asked for.

Zero risk of wasting any primos I'm saving for the hydro archon in 4.x.

I've C6'ed all the characters on the banner besides Collei who I'm not that interested in building at all atm and Dehya is going on the standard banner so I can possibly get her on lost 50/50's or just the acquaint faint tokens I pick up along the way by levelling characters and various other methods. I'm curious to see how she actually plays though and if it's anywhere near what all the doomposting says or just kind of peculiar. As banners go probably more interested in trying to get Ayaka Constellations this time around for a focus. Honestly for me though my method is to just keep a threshold of 20K primos as often as possible and just do one or two rolls a day until near the end of a banner and then make a final decision based on where I am in the pity rate or gut feeling and see what happens. That way if there ever comes a just must absolutely have it perfect click sort of character I have that stock pile. I'm sure most peoples method is to just hammer the x10 pull button the moment the banner goes live at least until they get the 5 star though.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 27, 2023

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah pretty much every burst-focused on-field carry is tuned for bosses/abyss/domains/etc. If you have halfway decent gear you'll obliterate overworld stuff in the first few attacks (or even just from the setup from the supports...) and have squat for energy for the next pack. It's a little frustrating if you tend to focus more on overworld stuff but ah well. Also Hu Tao is loving poo poo to actually play anyway even if she does a trillion damage.

Quad Geo with Itto does quite well outdoors admittedly, but that's mostly because a well-geared Albedo can basically solo everything while off field. :v:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
You just make water happen on something and then hutao at it until it dies, which is usually quick enough that it isn't really worth the time to set up for.

Also I guess occasionally you have to feed her, unless you get lucky with her burst (Or use xingqiu instead of yelan, his not terribly amazing heal is plenty adequate to keep her alive). I donno, if I have her out in the overworld I just hit stuff with her spear, maybe actually use her skill if there's some ruin stuff or something with a lot of health.

Also yes, you should probably not just stand there and let a monster eat your face, that's sub-optimal.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm either not clicking with Hu Tao's playstyle or I'm just so used to how brain-dead I could play as Ganyu that the rest of the game feels hard again. Even without using reactions and trash artifacts on Ganyu I can just melt everything in the overworld without getting hit, but when I switch to Hu Tao I feel like I'm doing four times as much effort to do half the damage and constantly wasting food/revives/running back to statues

When I first asked for advice people told me to go to Keqing or Alhaitham team, if I'm just playing overworld and story and stepping foot into Inazuma for the first time is that the play? I don't mind grinding out materials for either of them for the next couple days.

I think I might've been spoiled on so easy Ganyu makes the game that I don't know how to play melee anymore

As a polearm charge character, Hu Tao benefits from a perfectly spherical battlefield on a flat plane. Al and Keqing are less bothered about that. Al's multivariable burst is especially nice for overworld work.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Asimo posted:

Yeah pretty much every burst-focused on-field carry is tuned for bosses/abyss/domains/etc. If you have halfway decent gear you'll obliterate overworld stuff in the first few attacks (or even just from the setup from the supports...) and have squat for energy for the next pack. It's a little frustrating if you tend to focus more on overworld stuff but ah well. Also Hu Tao is loving poo poo to actually play anyway even if she does a trillion damage.

Quad Geo with Itto does quite well outdoors admittedly, but that's mostly because a well-geared Albedo can basically solo everything while off field. :v:

Unless they ever have another world level ascension quest again and decide overworld enemies can now be floor 12 abyss levels now it's probably always going to be that way in the overworld for non-elite enemies at least yeah. That hasn't been a thing since 1.X though.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Asimo posted:

Speaking of Albedo, I was using Zhongli/Albedo/Diluc/Bennet to farm the Mondstadt talent domain during the bonus event, and even with a decently built Diluc getting in melts, Albedo was still easily out damaging him with 20k non-crit hits. I know Diluc has dropped WAY off meta, but even that is pretty ridiculous. Please mihoyo, fix crystallize so I can run my favorite nerd in all of my teams.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I hope the hydro archon is actually that cute (and that she has a huge loving sword)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Meowywitch posted:

I hope the hydro archon is actually that cute (and that she has a huge loving sword)

I'm down for the greatsword wielding large hydro slime

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl-1vedkSMQ

Kale
May 14, 2010

No wonder the Aranyaka quest line is so long, it's basically the regional world quest series for every rainforest region that launched in 3.0. I've gotten to roughly 60% exploration across the rainforest in February since starting to focus exclusively on Sumeru again just by doing these quests and exploring the areas they take me too. In Inazuma each island kind of had it's own unique regional quest series like cleansing the Sacred Sakura tree, repairing the Mikage Furnace or dispelling the Tataragami and I don't even recall these being a thing during 1.0 and the Mondstadt/Liyue chapters at all.

I mean each region of the rainforest still has it's own world quest series too, they're just unlocked via the Vanarana Aranyaka Part II series and then eventually feed back into that one again so it's still kind of a first of it's kind in a way.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you want to use Hu Tao in the overworld, you'll want a shielder and/or a healer that only heals for a little bit at a time instead of in huge bursts. Xingqiu and the craftable Prototype Amber are good options for that at the 4 star level. I used Hu Tao/Xingqiu/Ningguang/puzzle solver for overworld exploration early on and it served me pretty well.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Kale posted:

No wonder the Aranyaka quest line is so long, it's basically the regional world quest series for every rainforest region that launched in 3.0. I've gotten to roughly 60% exploration across the rainforest in February since starting to focus exclusively on Sumeru again just by doing these quests and exploring the areas they take me too. In Inazuma each island kind of had it's own unique regional quest series like cleansing the Sacred Sakura tree, repairing the Mikage Furnace or dispelling the Tataragami and I don't even recall these being a thing during 1.0 and the Mondstadt/Liyue chapters at all.

I mean each region of the rainforest still has it's own world quest series too, they're just unlocked via the Vanarana Aranyaka Part II series and then eventually feed back into that one again so it's still kind of a first of it's kind in a way.

I'm genuinely starting to forget the in game events explaining why we started on the Aranara quest. I've got a couple of the big ones done but still heaps left.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Lobsterpillar posted:

I'm genuinely starting to forget the in game events explaining why we started on the Aranara quest. I've got a couple of the big ones done but still heaps left.

We some how saw one and started chasing after them.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Lobsterpillar posted:

That one adventurer villager girl you meet on the way to Port Ormos named Rana gets withering sickness and sealed in some sort of field and the Aranara say that she can only be healed through some ritual involving the Festival Utsuva and banishment of their mortal enemy Marinara sauce and that it's all up to you to bring all the stray Aranara back to the village, solve the various major withering's across the rainforest and basically just get poo poo running properly again in the regions kind of like how the Inazuma island quests played out and with less getting owned by wide zones of Balethunder constantly in the process.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The later half of inazuma and onwards is filled with lots of anti-Hu Tao overworld content. Flying enemies and punishments for using pyro :argh:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It annoys me that Sumeru's overworld puzzle content is basically forcing you into a full-spectrum team. Dendro is needed for some, electro for others, pyro sometimes too, then there are the ones that need electro AND pyro, also anemo occasionally (though this is mainly in the desert).

I'm trying to run around with an awkward friendship team dammit, stop making me constantly swap characters to do puzzles.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I basically keep two main overworld teams - my "core" team (Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu/Ganyu) and then my gap fillers (Dendro Traveler/Zhongli/Yanfei/Jean)

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Yeah, I kind of feel they've all been like that. No matter what your team you'll occasionally need to swap out to get whatever your missing from archer/claymore/pyro/anemo/the local element/occasionally some random element. Its just the sumaru desert is the most recent one so its fresher than having to do it in Inazuma/Liyue. I was trying to work out why it didnt annoy me as much in Sumaru as it did in Liyue and I realised its because I got a PS5 so the load time to change teams is way less than it was on the PS4.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Asimo posted:

Yeah pretty much every burst-focused on-field carry is tuned for bosses/abyss/domains/etc. If you have halfway decent gear you'll obliterate overworld stuff in the first few attacks (or even just from the setup from the supports...) and have squat for energy for the next pack

I have this issue to some extent with my Wanderer team. While he can use his skill easily, he's very dependent on having Bennett/Faruzan's bursts up; his damage literally goes up by like 4x when they are (I think this is largely because he has very low base attack, so Bennet's attack boost makes a giant different - I think his attack goes from ~1700 to 2700). I could try putting more regen on them I guess.

My Alhaitham team is probably my highest overworld-friendly DPS, because it only really requires Shinobu/Xingqiu/Nahida's skills, rather than bursts.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 27, 2023

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

inazuma was pretty heavy on the electro puzzles and is probably pretty fresh in people's minds. i dont remember swapping my party around there much

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I've been using Yelan/Xingqiu/Bennett/Xiangling in the overworld and while it is an extremely burst-focused team that does jack poo poo if Yelan/XQ's bursts aren't up, those two feed each other so much with Yelan's C1 that it isn't remotely an issue, ever. The pyro characters are just there for occasional flavor.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
I use Raiden/Yelan/Bennett/Kazuha as my overworld team.

Great elemental coverage (occasionally need to swap to Nahida for dendro but that's it), great for exploration/movement with Yelan and Kazuha, self-sufficient in terms of healing, and kills anything that needs to be killed extremely quickly.

I might replace Raiden with Ayaka next patch for even greater mobility; we'll see.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Tried running an experimental team I call “just Raiden”

Works surprisingly well, does require a decent amount of food.

Why doesn’t Raiden have a special dish??

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Tried running an experimental team I call “just Raiden”

Works surprisingly well, does require a decent amount of food.

Why doesn’t Raiden have a special dish??

Raiden can't cook at all. You are literally not able to select her in the cooking menu.

Kale
May 14, 2010

According to the google document helper guide thing the umbrella sword from the breakout/item spirit event is pretty good for Shinobu if fully refined. Can anyone confirm this? It says that and Flower of Paradise 4-set for artifacts, which I would need to farm among some other Sumeru sets that I've only recently actually unlocked the domains for.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ganyu owners dont want you to know this. But yelan's charge shot kills timmie's pigeons just as well.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Ganyu owners dont want you to know this. But yelan's charge shot kills timmie's pigeons just as well.

Charges faster and she can reach them more quickly. Truly the queen of pigeon busting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tarezax posted:

Raiden can't cook at all. You are literally not able to select her in the cooking menu.

It's a joke to set her apart from her Honkai counterpart who is an exceptional chef. However they are both incredibly gay.