Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

500 good dogs posted:

the holodomor happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Using this as my daily affirmation for the week!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

e: and I'm srsly a lil baffled at the existence of the Holodomor thread tbh. What's the best case scenario for funny content coming out of that while Ukraine is getting devastated? Lemme just have some lols at these guys' compounding national traumas.

guys... stop making jokes. ukraine is a bisexual woman with mental health issues, and

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

some plague rats posted:

guys... stop making jokes. ukraine is a bisexual woman with mental health issues, and

this thread should be killed because jokes about mass deaths are bad, my thread should be revived because i need a place to joke about mass death

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I’m gunna stop making jokes just like Stalin stopped bread deliveries to Ukraine (to do a genocide) ((which happened))

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ha ha, i get the joke but its not funny. being flippant about historical horrors is doing the work of fascists online. you're giving cover to real russian nazis who want to destroy ukraine for the crime of wanting to be a part of western democracy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ukraine? More like no-grain thanks to stalin

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

some plague rats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH1h4ZFfsXA

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
some putin rats ate all the grain 🤣🤣🤣

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Three quarters of the loving world.

Jesus Christ.

Really goes to show who the real racists are.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Xaris posted:

some putin rats

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

What's the thread consensus on the moon landing? Did it happen?

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lib and let die posted:

soviets seemed to think so

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

that's where they accidentally sent all the grain

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Lib and let die posted:

the chimp will never tell

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

i told you so posted:

ha ha, i get the joke but its not funny. being flippant about historical horrors is doing the work of fascists online. you're giving cover to real russian nazis who want to destroy ukraine for the crime of wanting to be a part of western democracy

Let this be a warning to the thread, you're all enabling fascist propaganda by being flippant, unlike me who had never fallen for propaganda in my entire life because western democracies are naturally immune to propaganda

Its my natural immunity to fascist propaganda that lets me confidently proclaim that the Holodomor *definitely* happened

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Shame on anyone joking about this. One thousand holodomors upon your grain

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

paul_soccer12 posted:

I think the biggest Ukraine heads (who without exception couldn't find Ukraine on a map a year ago) don't realize that western democracy is a criminal enterprise

They'll never get to the "are we the baddies" stage even as a joke

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

i told you so posted:

of course it happened. it was a deliberate act on the part of the ussr as part of a broader imperialist program of ethnic cleansing aimed at ukraine

and now Russia is holodosomemore

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I will make this as clear as possible pls

They have a HOLODOMOR JOKES THREAD

holodomor
jokes
thread

if you are not aware of what the holodomor is, it was the

Holodomor Museum posted:
Holodomor is а genocide of the Ukrainian nation committed in 1932–1933. The leadership of the Soviet Union committed it in order to suppress Ukrainians and ultimately eliminate Ukrainian resistance to the regime, including efforts to build an independent Ukrainian state.

Regular communist efficiency did it and was satisfied in only a year, truly horrific

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
so how do you say this fuckin word anyway? halo-dome-er? HO-LO-DO-MO-ERR?

hey newsflash eurasia: there's vowels other than O!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

cspam! where jokes are still legal

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

did I got a lol out of you officer, if not I'll be on my way

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
You all think thi sis so funny but what if i made a post about how the irish potato famine "definitely" happened, not so funny now is it?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

nobody cares about the irish

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
british purposefully starved and genocided anyone they could. still would if they could.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

You all think thi sis so funny but what if i made a post about how the irish potato famine "definitely" happened, not so funny now is it?

the potato famine didn't happen though

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

british purposefully starved and genocided anyone they could. still would if they could.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Cuttlefush posted:

british purposefully starved and genocided anyone they could. still are but can only hit themselves now lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean "potato famine". Say that out loud. It sounds ridiculous! No one eats that many potatoes! It was absolutely made up as a cruel joke at the expense of the Irish and accepted as real history by dipshit historians like the ones who insist that the holodomor actu

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

when you think about it it was really catholicism that did them in

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

some plague rats posted:

I mean "potato famine". Say that out loud. It sounds ridiculous! No one eats that many potatoes! It was absolutely made up as a cruel joke at the expense of the Irish and accepted as real history by dipshit historians like the ones who insist that the holodomor actu

yeah they called it... something else. great hunger? big famine? doesnt have a cool name but everyone knows what it is.

i think americans started calling it specifically the potato famine

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Buck Wildman posted:

when you think about it it was really catholicism that did them in

no it was the british

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

some plague rats posted:

You will taste my shillelagh!