Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The microphones in our offices hybrid meeting rooms have really aggressive audio ducking and I don't normally have audio processing issues but the ducking is so distracting I feel like I can't follow what is actually being said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Killingyouguy! posted:

The microphones in our offices hybrid meeting rooms have really aggressive audio ducking and I don't normally have audio processing issues but the ducking is so distracting I feel like I can't follow what is actually being said

I enjoy a little aggressive ducking here and there.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

oldpainless posted:

If everyone just drove like me there would be no traffic problems

Same.

(I don't drive)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

the holy poopacy posted:

I'm going to guess that you moved to a substantially more suburban part of the metro? In my (US) experience that's usually where the difference lies.

I'm not really sure what that means. Further from the CBD? I'm further out now than the last place I lived, but about the same distance as the place I lived before that.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
It could mean he moved to Dandenong. That area is a magnet for the worst drivers in the country.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bargearse posted:

It could mean he moved to Dandenong. That area is a magnet for the worst drivers in the country.

Nah, I'm north of the CBD now.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
When all you want is an awesome, hot, deep bath and circumstances conspire against you and you end up wallowing in shallow, luke warm suds.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Bargearse posted:

I don't know, Northwest Tasmania has some strong contenders.

poo poo drivers, but in a way distinct from those in Melbourne.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I’m sure everyone else’s pet peeve will soon be “Australians showing up in threads, taking over and talking exclusively about local things”.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My preferred white bread at Safeway has an odd number of slices in it and it’s driving me nuts.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Henchman of Santa posted:

My preferred white bread at Safeway has an odd number of slices in it and it’s driving me nuts.

My roommate makes sandwiches with three slices of bread, and that drives me nuts.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Club life

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Everybody needs a thrill.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Debate bro youtube channels, regardless of their politics. They rarely if ever accomplish much other than justifying bad-faith alt right types by giving them a forum for their views.

The same thing happens every time: Talking points are recited. No one's mind is changed. Both sides come away thinking, "I totally owned [my opponent]!" and this becomes an article of faith regardless of what actually happened during the debate. It's just a complete waste of time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Even if I don't touch anything, sometimes my computer just decides my audio interface isn't gonna work. And everything says it still is, but the sound isn't going through my interface and through my headphones, it's coming out of the drat built-in speaker. FFS. Not touching a working setup is supposed to keep it from breaking.

I've tried everything I can think of so now I'm just sitting at my keyboard mad.

Like, it's hard enough to achieve a state of creative flow and record it, I don't need this poo poo

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Mar 2, 2023

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Iron Crowned posted:

My roommate makes sandwiches with three slices of bread, and that drives me nuts.

A double-decker peanut butter and jelly sandwich was one of my mainstays in highschool and college. Based on other people's reactions, it is not a common thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When there’s a blue link on a Wikipedia page and it just redirects you to the page you’re already on.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Iron Crowned posted:

The three bread technique is what made McDonald's a worldwide brand.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

jjack229 posted:

A double-decker peanut butter and jelly sandwich was one of my mainstays in highschool and college. Based on other people's reactions, it is not a common thing.

But why? Did you not want the peanut butter mixing with the jelly?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Bread is a cheaper fill-you-up food than peanut butter, would be my guess.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

credburn posted:

When I did it, it was two layers of peanut butter and jelly. Like PBJ conjoined twins

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Bread
Peanut butter
Jelly
Peanut butter
Bread
Peanut butter
Jelly
Peanut butter
Bread

Its a pro sandwich for the adolescent set but the configuration doesn't offer much to adults

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

credburn posted:

It was this (making it an equivalent of somewhere between 1.5 and 2 normal sandwiches):

Manager Hoyden posted:

Bread
Peanut butter
Jelly
Peanut butter
Bread
Peanut butter
Jelly
Peanut butter
Bread

Its a pro sandwich for the adolescent set but the configuration doesn't offer much to adults

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I was a fat kid, so add cimmamon and sugar into that triple decker pbbbb&jjj and we're golden.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
It seemed like once a year I would get this great idea to just mix the jelly with the peanut butter in the jar ahead of time, and every time it was a disaster, but each time I thought, well I must have done it wrong and this time it'll be awesome.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pretty sure I remember that concept being sold in squeeze bottles in the 90s and it also kinda sucked.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

FFT posted:

Pretty sure I remember that concept being sold in squeeze bottles in the 90s and it also kinda sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You guys know this exists, yes?

https://www.smuckers.com/peanut-butter/goober/goober-grape

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

That's probably what I'm remembering, actually.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I never understood if you were supposed to refrigerate those or leave them out.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I never understood if you were supposed to refrigerate those or leave them out.
Probably pretty shelf stable, could go either way. The packaging doesn't say "refrigerate after opening".

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I can never see the word "goober" and not think of the time my mom spit on her finger, stuck it in my tongue and told me it was a "cum goober"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Goons getting owned by their parents

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

credburn posted:

I can never see the word "goober" and not think of the time my mom spit on her finger, stuck it in my tongue and told me it was a "cum goober"

The gently caress

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

credburn posted:

:chloe:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

credburn posted:

your mom straight nasty

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

credburn posted:

a "cum goober"

How is your mom?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Anybody who tells me to get an e-reader. Nope, sorry, part of my love of books is them being books. An e-reader will never replace a used book store. Let me read my books, you're being the same kind of person who sees me with headphones on the bus and asks what I'm listening to. It's you, now. I'm listening to you. Part of the giant noise canceling headphones is an explicit "don't talk to me please" signal rear end in a top hat. I know where I'm going, I knowish everyone who rides the same bus, my music is mine, please don't be the guy going "so what kind of music do you like, where you going? Weather eh? I'm just being nice by making small talk" cuz no you are not you are loving my morning.

Peeve may or may not be inspired by a bus woman sitting right next to me when there were plenty of empty seats and interrogating me. Lady I have enough poo poo going on, I don't care one poo poo what you do or where you are going or what media you like, I don't want to tell you, take the many hints, stop chattering, please, please, it isn't friendly

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 11:53 on Mar 4, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

credburn posted:

Ugh I meant she stuck her finger in my ear, not on my tongue, that's loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

An actual pet peeve.
I catsit for a neighbor sometimes when they're gone, but it's incredibly annoying how their parents will just suddenly swing by to do something or other while they're gone, and let the cat in/out etc without a mention.
Which means I have to start looking around to double check if he's just hiding or not. Sometimes they'll feed him as well, meaning he suddenly gets a lot more food in a day than he's supposed to.