Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
This must be one of those "he's rich he can't be a psycho! he's just eccentric!" because holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm just surprised he blew up his cash cow. For years he was able to make an absurd amount of money by following this formula:

Be a racist without being too loud

And he still hosed it up. What a loving maroon. Racists can never keep it zipped can they, goddamn. silent generation my rear end.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

E the Shaggy posted:

Imagine ever liking Dilbert.

I learned about Dilbert existing from Leisuretown, when he had to change the in-comic Dilbert Hole to different characters because Adams or his publisher C&D'd him. I thought "sounds like an rear end in a top hat", looked at one strip, thought "what an rear end in a top hat" and ignored it from then on.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My dad: "The woke left are cancelling you for saying anything these days!"
Also my dad: "People are stupid for saying covid does not exist, of course, it does, Hamas dropped vials of it out of commercial airlines over white cities but our scientists FOOLED THEM by creating the vaccine"

(all economists are fash, prove me wrong)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

learnincurve posted:

Also my dad: "People are stupid for saying covid does not exist, of course, it does, Hamas dropped vials of it out of commercial airlines over white cities but our scientists FOOLED THEM by creating the vaccine"

Richard Wolff?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

learnincurve posted:

It's always a good idea to do the opposite of anything Scott Adams says and in this case it's pretty obvious that you must kill your father

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's always a good idea to do the opposite of anything Scott Adams says and in this case it's pretty obvious that you must kill your father

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
WITH SALSA!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

CBD Corndog posted:

also never forget the time scott adams said he watched his step-son die instead of helping them because there is no fixing troubled young men:

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1544679513870647296

I wish I was dilberts stepson

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

sounds like the layoffs over the weekend was more like 200 than 50, or 10% of the staff

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1630244325128044547

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Can we get to the part where Elon signs Twitter over to Christoph Waltz?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Can we get to the part where Elon kills himself

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Doonesbury is the comic we deserve.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

CommieGIR posted:

Doonesbury is the comic we deserve.

I grew up learning politics thru Bloom County.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Can we trade Scott Adams for Douglas Adams?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

I think bad things about Scott Adams

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I really wish someone would respond to "I Identify As X" defenses with "what actions have you taken to overcome what prejudices other than just invoking it as a magic word?"

But that would be an actual debate and the shithead is not there for a debate, they're there to get off on outrage.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1629955108590219264

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Oh this is good.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I’m sad this wasn’t that “dilbert murders everyone” YouTube from a while back. Appears it’s gone :smith:

Not gone!

https://youtu.be/flWuvkNWuS4

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 28, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Someone see if Daniel Stern, Chris Elliott and Larry Miller are willing to redub this. Turn it into the canon ending for the Dilbert TV show.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

A fellow computer toucher once told me a joke about 12-15 years ago that whenever he would find Dilbert funny was the time he knew he had to quit his current job and look elsewhere. I kinda of agreed since that strip's writing was generally pretty drat lame even for corporate world jokes.

It is now the future. Elong Musk claims this his favorite strip ever, funny and insightful, while Scott Adams killed his cash cow by dropping any pretense of not being racist. And he's also claiming he used to pretend to be black whenever it was socially beneficial?? What in the blazes.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

incoherent light posted:

he looks a little like Mr. Anderson, whose trailer those boys were whackin' off in

This is a disgusting post.

Never end a sentence in a preposition.

(If you weren't setting up a Do America call and response, I'm sorry.)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

And he's also claiming he used to pretend to be black whenever it was socially beneficial?? What in the blazes.

I can't even fathom what Scott Adams even means when he says he identified as black because he seems to think that saying it did actually make him black. You can't just say it to people and then have them treat you as if you are black, that's not remotely how it works.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

he's making fun of trans folks by cheekily saying he identifies as X. it's not rocket surgery.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Buce posted:

he's making fun of trans folks by cheekily saying he identifies as X. it's not rocket surgery.

Wow, that would be a pretty loving lovely jab especially for someone in extreme hot water and at a risk of losing it all.

Which would be on brand for Scott Adams, I guess.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Buce posted:

I don't know if that's how it started and he's pivoted when he realized how bad that sounds, but he has been offering genuine-sounding, completely-batshit extra details that make it seem like he really thought he was living his life as a black man for a long time just by saying he identified as black.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Magnetic North posted:

gently caress that stodgy prescriptivist poo poo, end your sentences in whichever way you think will best communicate your ideas to your audience.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

I can't even fathom what Scott Adams even means when he says he identified as black because he seems to think that saying it did actually make him black. You can't just say it to people and then have them treat you as if you are black, that's not remotely how it works.

A reminder for the folks at home: Scott "Dilbert" Adams is/was a big fan of The Secret and - at least once upon a time - was happy to say in public that he could literally change reality via the power of thinking about poo poo.

So if he says that he identified as black for several years, I totally buy that he said that and expected to be black when he believed it.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'i identify as an attack helicopter' etc etc

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1630295206716227585

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Twitter vendor non-payment current lawsuits:

https://www.plainsite.org/tags/twitter-vendor-nonpayment/

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
gently caress yeh i want that home

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

whats in the abortion room

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

hemale in pain posted:

whats in the abortion room

whatever was in there, it's not there anymore

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Magnetic North posted:

The rules of grammar have evolved. It's now grammatically correct to end a sentence with a preposition. This is because many sentences that purposely avoid doing so sound awkward as hell.

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1630370951110991872

Probably a DW Swerving rather than a Telsa malfunction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"a tippeth of the cap to you sir doge of the coin" - elon, probably