Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm curious how much of what Red does will be attributed to the presence of the Moloch Buster or blamed on us. Also, good to see that MC&D still don't know where our hideout is after we turned the one agent into a red smear, the chicken is safe from them for another day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

It is pretty funny that people are attributing the random low-level scrub hero punching far above their weight class to the powerful artifact belt they're wearing, getting it almost exactly backwards.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Randalor posted:

Won't lie, I'll never get tired of hearing that our low-level rear end is still powerful enough to make MC&D agents poo poo their pants in terror at what we can do. Also, gently caress MC&D for wanting to reduce everything into "products".

Do we know what the Superevent is, or was that just MC&D's term for the original event that made the Lords?

Also, do we know when the Dreamlands collapsed? I'm wondering if that may have been the "event" that led to the Holy End and Hell End (have we seen any mention to MC&D being a massive entity in Heaven End, or even that MC&D even still exists there?)

Iirc, the superevent had something to do with us doing the cultpartments quest twice and the glitches caused by that, mc&d found us as the only surviving thing in the zone of effect, which is why we became a product they're interested in. I'd look it up in my archive document but I'm not sure my phone can handle it... It was getting a bit laggy on PC.

Edit: Yeah, checked my archive, it's when we glitch out the basement the first time at the Cultpartments and the Zenith Noon. After we get exited from the beach party scene, we're in containment at Emain Ablach.

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 1, 2023

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

taiyoko posted:

:sbahj:

I wonder why the fact that the tyrant child can manipulate gravity is so unsettling to Yan'tir? Is this not the same power that Hunter uses? Is MC&D not aware of just how powerful the Lords are? Is gravity manipulation incredibly rare among the magic abilities? I think I remember there being other "oh poo poo" reactions to our use of gravity powers, at least.

maybe they aren't aware that d-21 is the actually-literal walking black hole that imploded the base

Yan'tir just got a real big hint

also BA: the third party view of [____] was chefkiss.gif; just perfect way of showing how much we've changed cause uh.... ya that just hadn't come through from the POV narrative (which is appropriate idk that we're really aware of how different we are at this point)

also x2: y'all are missing the biggest thing: red just connected the Holy and Hell Ends

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Dr_Gee posted:

also x2: y'all are missing the biggest thing: red just connected the Holy and Hell Ends

How so? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm honestly blanking on what connection you're referring to.

Is it the Nuclear Arcade?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pumpinglemma posted:

It is pretty funny that people are attributing the random low-level scrub hero punching far above their weight class to the powerful artifact belt they're wearing, getting it almost exactly backwards.

:allears:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Randalor posted:

How so? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm honestly blanking on what connection you're referring to.

Is it the Nuclear Arcade?

Pretty sure it's this:

Since it shows that she knows who the Giant of Light and Helara are.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

taiyoko posted:

Pretty sure it's this:

Since it shows that she knows who the Giant of Light and Helara are.

Oooooh okay. For some reason I thought those were from before the Lords became Lords.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Just a 1-am-insomnia thought:

What if the White Belt makes it so not even the Sunburners recognize Red?

Just like, "huh, you look an awful lot like Burner, that's wild."

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
This also seems to be (unless I've forgotten or missed something, which is very possible) our first explanation for why the weird backrooms-y yellow moldy glitch moments have been happening.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Randalor posted:

Oooooh okay. For some reason I thought those were from before the Lords became Lords.

that is also correct. like, as best i remember we don't know if like, this is a wholly different reality, a later time point where there was a sort of, idk, loop, or whatever. i just thought it was very interesting b/c whenever the tourmaline text box has shown up there's been a Heaven/Hell End mashup of some form or another and poo poo Gets Real (good, usually)

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Carcosan Festival Knight was one of the entities that escaped after our breakout from the MC&D facility right?

Actually how many days did we spend on the Bloody Megalith walk? It seems kinda surprising that the entities are still roaming about but I guess they’re just trying to capture us instead of doing any damage control.

Also that was a really cool reaction between the Oilstained Shield and Burner huh. We know from the encounter with the Traitor that she and the Giant of Light had a history together so I guess it would make sense it reacted to Burner as well. AFAIK Helara is the Giant of Light.

TheMaskedReader
Aug 14, 2022
Just read through this entire thing and holy poo poo, it's so good. Can't wait for the next update.

To offer a contribution - It seems like, for all that MC&D are still dangerous and powerful, they're balancing on a knife's edge. They've lost Kaigen, Deimos seems to have gone rogue, the Dreamlands are exploding or are uniting against them (Ulthar and Sauber), and they're undermanning entire sectors in the hope of finding a miracle weapon/product that'll bring everything back to dominance. Now, this only makes them more dangerous - A cornered animal is most desperate, after all, and they could very easily turn it all around...but they seem as vulnerable as everyone else in this world, given the right levers.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm also absolutely enjoying the juxtaposition of our character becoming more powerful, but still struggling with their anxiety. Especially since their anxiety isn't unfounded, either. We may be strong enough to uproot trees with our bare hands now, and are entirely capable of terrifying others with our gravity, but there are still plenty of things out there that will absolutely murder us if we encounter them unprepared, and plenty more that can if the dice fail us at a critical moment.

I feel so hard for them when their Disquiet tries to take control, I was assigned that trait at birth too. So all the more I hope for them to someday find their Heaven End, or at least some kind of peaceful end where they can get some goddamn therapy and live their best life. Even if they have to find the power to overthrow Smercia to get it.

I'm kind of curious how much BA has in like, lore docs and character notes, versus all of our going "red string conspiracy board" trying to connect things back to previous entries versus "I pulled it out of my rear end". 🤣

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I've heard of many GMs that had intricately detailed plots, who then threw out said plots because the poo poo the players were making up was far more entertaining than what the GM had come up with.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
I really hope BlackAugust does a Q&A or something at the end of this adventure. I'd love to know more about how things were planned, what arose spontaneously, what kind of things might have happened that we avoided or missed, etc.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Princey posted:

I really hope BlackAugust does a Q&A or something at the end of this adventure. I'd love to know more about how things were planned, what arose spontaneously, what kind of things might have happened that we avoided or missed, etc.

Yesssss

TheMaskedReader
Aug 14, 2022

taiyoko posted:

I'm also absolutely enjoying the juxtaposition of our character becoming more powerful, but still struggling with their anxiety. Especially since their anxiety isn't unfounded, either. We may be strong enough to uproot trees with our bare hands now, and are entirely capable of terrifying others with our gravity, but there are still plenty of things out there that will absolutely murder us if we encounter them unprepared, and plenty more that can if the dice fail us at a critical moment.

I feel so hard for them when their Disquiet tries to take control, I was assigned that trait at birth too. So all the more I hope for them to someday find their Heaven End, or at least some kind of peaceful end where they can get some goddamn therapy and live their best life. Even if they have to find the power to overthrow Smercia to get it.

I'm kind of curious how much BA has in like, lore docs and character notes, versus all of our going "red string conspiracy board" trying to connect things back to previous entries versus "I pulled it out of my rear end". 🤣

I am surprised that there isn't like, a fan note-place/discord beyond this thread, LOL. It definitely would be a lot easier to catalogue all the 'red string conspiracy board' stuff that way.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
maybe but part of the fun of this thread is that there's an ambiguous element of co-creation. IIRC, way WAY back in the thread BA mentioned something about gleaning ideas from our discussion

i've really enjoyed the quasi roleplaying element of posting in the thread; makes it unique to anything i've been in here. the "wait do y'all remember when [thing]?" discussions are part of that and the ambiguity of *not* having a super-doc and just going on memory amplifies the fun of it for me. being wrong about something is part of the fun

if we spun up a meta thread/discord i think we'd risk losing a bunch of that

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i agree

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I just want to get even more swole and gently caress with Deimos as much as possible tbh

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
A noble goal.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Marluxia posted:

I just want to get even more swole and gently caress with Deimos as much as possible tbh

Just own Deimos so thoroughly he turns into a corn cob.

I'm actually a little sad that it seems like the only fan art that's happened in this thread have been my lovely memes.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

For all the might of your bubbly lungs, you can't help but gasp, sweat, and make weird sounds. This is because you're running through a heating disaster, dragging Red by her nearly-broken arm as ruby pollens scorch your cheeks and you crash through firegloss foliage. You just survived something neither of you had any business escaping, and now you're lost to the overgrowth of the weird mall-maze whose ravine you're navigating. You just need to get ahead of whatever spell Red fired off and hide away from the stinky death silks and prying eyes of whoever might have noticed what's happening. Don't think! You leap through a set of sliding black doors that are sizzling with garnet vines and detour down a long slope hall whose carpet is giving way to glowing orange mosses. At the bottom you see an exi̠̗̻͓͍̜ͥͅt̰̣̥͚͈ͣ̎ͅ ͇̞͕̳̼ͨ͐ͦō͈̯̙̉ͯ̿̄u̲̬͂̓ͦ́̓̾t̲̽̂ͧͮͯͣͭ

̸̨̧͌́̕͘͢͝ ̶̵̴̡̇́͟͝͞ ̢̡ͤͩ͏̷́͟͠͝ ̶̿̎҉̢̀͢͢͡͡ ̴̏̉͆͏̵̧͘͢͜͏ ̷̶̢̡̉͆̏͟͝͞͞ ̛̓̍ͣ̇̕͢͡͞͏̸̧n̛̉ͣͣ͂́͘̕͢͟͠͞o̎̿ͬͥ̒̀̕͘͏̴̨͘̕t̷̡̛̾ͭͮͪͨ̀̀́͞͏ ̴̷̡̉̌ͣ̓̈́ͮ͘͘͘͝͠a̷̷̧̨ͦͩͯ̇ͯ̀́͜͟͠ ̴̴̡̎̎͛̾͛́̚̚͜͢͞͠l̴̴̨ͦ͌ͯ̈́̊ͬ̊̀͘͘͞͞o̷̷̸̶ͬ̿ͦ̾̋ͨ͌́̚͠͏͟t was known about the Ghost City, but there was just enough dangerous lore between them all to piece together the survival kit basics. They were all walking hand-in-hand, painfully aware that their reduced numbers were still more than enough to be a provocation. They just had to make it to the other end where the Backup who radio'd them waited in safety. Don't look at the silks. Don't inhale the lemonrot of spices and incense. Don't move with a beat to the distant carnival dirge. Do not look at or desire all the lovely costumes conspicuously hanging from yellow silkbraid ropes. Don't walk too funeral-slow. Don't chat and make merry. Don't be rude when you have to press through a thicket. Do not, do not let go of the hands of your procession. Don't listen to the rare chant of royal yellow sermons. Oh it was enough to make her want to puke, not helped by the sheer molded humidity of the waterlogged airs. What disturbed her most was that the Wanderers had showed a clear understanding of the terrible malformation of place and space they were witness to. They'd gone through something like it before. Laughed at the Ghost City's terrible mistake- it had tried to 'go behind itself' to escape the end, and only succeeded in becoming trapped forever in the nightmare of its own spinning dance of never-alive, never-dead. The Emperors had smiled and said- like its forever chasing its own tail in and out of could-be.

It was still Cassandra's problem to survive. Vincent's gauntlet was painfully cold, but its reassurance was a needed through the foggy-rot mists. One wrong step and they'd be tormented in the funeral festival. Burner was at the head of it all, stressing her broken powers to a limit by ripping through the airs with a nuclear force both strong and weak, a tiny mutilation that helped reality to distinguish between the wish-mall and the gaping wounds of the yellow rot. The Wanderers held and helped her as they led the hand-hold chain, some of their awful holy confusing the festival walkers into a passing friendly greet of what must surely be Mythos royalty and their slave faithful. Nobody is looked in the eye, or the blank where they should be. The only hesitation comes when the nuclear path reveals that they'll have to fully breach the unplace in brief to pass; down a slope hall and out through the doors of a game room. All that has to be done is hug to and look at the walls to make it out. It's simple. Easy easy. Burner leads after the discussion ends, holding the hand of the Lord of a Lordless Land, stepping slow into the yellow of somewhere behind it all and͢ ͜s͟ḩe͏ ̷t̷ưr҉n̵s̸ ̷h̵e҉r̴ ̧f̧a̵c̵e͠ ͢t̵o̵ ͟l͠ǫo̧k͏ ͡f̸o̡ŗw̵a̕r̵d̴ ̢a̢n̴d̸ ̷r̛éa͢ĺi̶z̧es she's holding someone else's hand who is leading her, but that can't be, so she looks back and sees she's holding her own hand but that can't make sense, because she's looking forward because her hand is being pulled but when she looks she sees herself but that can't make sense because if she's behind herself, and if she's in front of herself, that means she's actually standing in the exact same place as herself herself, and Moonlight is pulling her forward and the Eighth Lord is waiting for her to guide the way so that means to guide him, she has to trust Moonlight to pull her through the gap, where she can look back at herself where she looks forward at herself and then she realizes,

oh wait,

this is what I had a dream about. I had a dream about me having a dream about myself, and we both knew it was real. I was right. All of the dreams I had were right, because they were all happening at the same time inside of the splitting Sun. Of course. Of course. That's why everything about this moment makes sense, because I'm finally here with myself in the exact same moments and motions as myself. We're Me. Once I take one more step, there will be no more Moonlight, and there will be no more Lord Impossible. Both will be true, and neither will be true, and both-neither and neither-both will be true, and that won't stop being true even after I take this step and suddenly I'm just leading him by hand, and suddenly I'm just being led by their hand. Because none of those states will stop being true, I, We, will never be able to unhear me. I think I finally know what's happening.

They can't see my tears or hear me laughing; I stumble a step and shake, fighting to compose as I suddenly remember why I chose to do this. The 8th Lord whis͏̶̡͏͕̬͚̱̜͘ṕ̶̵̗̘͎͚͈͢͝e̸̸̛̛͔͙͉̜r̸̢̛̜̣̙͢ͅs̡͏͇͎̞͝ ̷̨͔͉̳͢t̡̺̠͘o҉̥͍͟ ͈̀m̡̘e͘ͅ

a̧̐͆͊̍̊ͨ͗̔̚͏̵̸̵͟͝҉͟r̓͂̌ͦ̂̊̉́͢͢͟͞͏͘e̴̸̸̡̨͊ͧ͗͑͊̃͠ ̷̉̾̿ͬ́͏̢y̆ͪ҉҉ǫ̈́u okay? Red stumbles as if she was holding onto something, and almost drops her sword as she shakes and drags the wood blade with a weird motion. You stumble over some dead yellow silks and hop out of the doorway back to the overgrown path, holding Red's arm as she composes herself and inspires you back into the lead with a point of her blade and re-heft of her silkslashed shield. Right. Gotta get the hell out. You tie flaps as you manic back into a crazed scurry with the dryad pulled along, her pace now much more assured as she helps guide you away from certain passes. You glance into one little boutique arcade, watching as it glows nightmare colors from ambient nuclear energy powering them from the flowers and red grasses radiating it. Your suit is feeling kind of... zingy? Static shocky? Clicky? You can't pay it much mind, but it occasionally discolors to strange violet hues when you pass by particularly unstable areas of growth. Red does an amazing job of avoiding the radiance, but there's only so much she can mitigate. You're only halfway through this mess, and the growth isn't stopping! Your suit keeps flashing purple more and more... what is that clicking?? You have to escape the nuclear growths. Your supreme confidence since Red joined is now challenged. You have to save her and yourself.

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][30%]

You look up. Wait! Of course! The growth began from where Red cast her spell. It's spreading out from there, so you need to go up as high as you can! There's already a ton of grass, moss, and vines growing up the watery stones, so you can powerclimb out and get ahead of the growths! You shout to Red over the hum of the glowing grasses - get on! It's awkward, but you truly are strong enough now, you know you can carry her out of here! Your Counselor positions on you like a lunatic, riding the Buster's case and clinging to your shoulders. You look up and grunt, bending down as you prepare a power-dash leap up a wall next to an atomic cafe. Not a problem with your strength, right? Look at this, Red.

Six-Pack Subscription posted:

ST 30 = Monstrous = Autoclimb @ 30 = Etc

See? Now yo-

However: Soaking wet stone. Slippery disaster potential. -10 to the check.

Oh. Well, that's still pretty much automatic su-

Also: Nuclear death plants growing irregularly. Another -5 to the check for come-and-go grips among all that slippery wet chemical rock.

Whatever. You need to do this power dash and pr-

-5 for a stupidly imbalanced load. You're strong enough to carry it with no slowdown, doesn't mean physics is going to ignore you thrashing about with that unstable a stunt-carry.

Dammit!!

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%]

Okay okay okay. Easy easy. You can do it. You have to do it, or you're both going to melt down here! You have to get out! You leap, grab onto scalding hot red moss, feel the pollen singe and the waters cool your grip, and you...

(ST - Powerclimb) 30(-20!!) - [2]+[5]+[2] = 9 - Success [By 1]!

Focus. Let Red's weight hang off of you. Let the case slip out of place and resettle further down. Let your pack crush into your neck as she clings on, the solid of her mask pressed by your crown. Inhale bubbling hot airs, and then its the mania of dashing with a predator's deathswift, then running up the wall, then grabbing hold and clambering. Face through a waterfall. Over flowers that whistle with microspears of steam. Up great curtains of willow-weep yellows that glow when touched. Through squishing feet-thick carpets of sloughing warm mosses in a brilliance of garnet glitters, casually exploding into clouds of heat when they strike the ground. Red holds on and on, draping out her gift to you as an umbrella for you both along with the shield. Soon you feel bare hot rock, and you dare to look and see you've reached the fifth floor, high up enough you won't look down. You scale sideways until you find an open-air portion you can climb onto; the growths seem to be stopping here, but they're still fighting to slowly overgrow all of the fifth with only the top level left clear. You don't have time to think further than that as you resume race to find a way to the sixth floor. There's so many fires now, burning in dozens of places beneath, radiant with chemical or nuclear discolorings. The air will be viledead soon, and you need to get ahead of that fast. You're racing again. Down to the other end again. Brave with the emerald heart of Counselor strength again.

ANXIETY: [ X ][20%]

Ok. It's ok. You can think clearly, because she's here. This is easy! Just like Camp. You need to use the Silver Mind, and you can clearly divine the way out. You present your hand to the air, the gemscar glinting in the redlit gloom. You inhale and think through it, the Silver reflecting its glitter through the wish-structure.

(!PSI ESP β) 11 - [3]+[6]+[3] = 12 - Failure [By 1]!

...wait, poo poo. You can't get a full read, because of the nuclear magics now ruling the place! But, it did work enough in that you know which direction to go in, just not what's ahead or how to get around it. A compass is better than no insight at all, so you grab Red's hand to make flight down the halls. You race past one little wish-kiosk that has a whole cathedral-booth design with stained glass freezers with ice cream, and nearly race to yank it open and grab some for you both; but you can already see red wives and yellow molds warring inside the blue case. poo poo. Red's magic is working some crazy synergy with the Backup's wishmight. You peek over the side; yup, you can see that new waterfalls are slowly opening up, some pouring magma, while other dribble exotic chemical streams. It's time to exit, and the compass takes you to the stair access up to the next floor. You charge in, slamming into a wall, almost falling over as Red helps you steady and you arch the corner to leap up the bluestained stairs.

But someone is already there. Bleeding, burnt, clutching the neon railing to pull themselves upwards in support as they twist and pull something from their jacket. A pause, a beat, because you recognize what she is, but you don't realize she recognizes who you are. An Agent. Dressed so finely in the weave of her fire-high Grade. She's hesitating because she's too scared to think, because here you are dressed ridiculous in a chemical-reeking goof suit and staring like an addled victim. She's trying to make her body act, but her organs are screaming - fear is made of ice. Then, Red moves once, half-raising the shield, and the Agent named Cassandra warms enough to act on terror instinct. What she pulled from her jacket was not a gun, but a wand array, a little wheel jagged with too many violent focuses to help overdrive her relationship with fire to something terribly unhealthy. The star rubies set into the piece make the first conversation, and all you see is a weird spackling of tiny twinkling red-white lights before your vision crashes. The light is curving! You throw your blindsight out, which tells you that the bent light is gathering, narrowing into a-

(Cassandra - Overdraw + Star Ruby Stream) 16(-2) - [4]+[6]+[2] = 12 - Success.
(Zolty Zuit - Zolty!) 12 - [4]+[3]+[6] = 13 - Failure!
(Doomed + Failed Zolty + Solar Shroud = x1.3 Light damage)

6d = 26 damage!

HP: [ -6 / 30 ] [Pass-Out Risk!]
FP: [ 13 / 15.▒ ]

(HT - Do not pass out in front of your Counselor) 15 - [1]+[6]+[1] = 8 - Success!

What a beautiful sound. That rubescent twinkling and sheeting shine-song. Your sight comes back as the air fades out from ruby and blue, and you see that your suit managed to catch the beam before it redistributed its plasma magics directly into your entire drat body, which now feels superheated and halfway to sudden mass organ failure. You bark something incoherent from your flash-fried neurons and fall back into Red, who leans you with her shield before she pulls a fast one and allows you to gentle to the ground to steam off while she runs up the stairs. The Agent hesitates again at the white-belt Hero, not seeing a threat.

(Red's DX - Scoop 'Em) 14 - [4]+[6]+[3] = 13 - Success!

She isn't expecting to get hefted up by the oily shield, benched by the dryad before she throws her weight.

(Red's ST - Smash 'Em) 18 - [5]+[3]+[4] = 12 - Success!

You manage to come to your senses just in time to see the Agent smash into the floor next to you, crushed by the shield with Red's weight on top of it. She's saved by her suit and the mossy infestation across the floor, leaving her stunned and starred while the dryad drags you limping up the long flights of stairs. You're slow and stupid, nerves still fighting to remember their little light signals, so you just shamble-hop to the door where you fall out onto the glowlight carpet of the sixth floor. Red drags you a ways before she picks you up again, struggling with your case-weight, and your compass sparks back to life with the message that it's a straight shot down the long balcony that runs the top course of the pseudomall. You point and start to run weird like a newborn deer, your Counselor trailing with you as you pick up speed. Your lungs are cooled enough you can bubble them up again, and it takes you down to the other end. You come into another little dining corner, arrayed with candy-colored tables with an outview of the south beyond. Hey!

Way out to the south- is that a fire? Red flies to the rail and tree-hunches a look, then sitting down to quickly scribble on burnt paper. They're messy instructions and a vague map; 'SHORT SPLIT UP, I HANDLE DANGERS HERE LEAD AWAY, FIRE IS SIGNAL FOR SUNBURN BLOWOUT, FOLLOW THIS ROUTE, YOU PASS THROUGH IT WILL BE SAFE AND WILL DISTRACT THEM FOR ME TO PASS OTHER WAY, WE MEET DOWN AT POINT HERE, BE SLOW SAFE''

She points at the quick outline she made.

But- you don't want to split up! You can... totally handle... you lose steam and slump on a seat to cough from the photonic burn, and Red holds your hand in reassurance. She looks back down the long way you ran, and you can both make out the shape of someone coming your way. Is it the agent with the ray? The Knight? Backup? Red doesn't waste time, and picks you up to walk you to the stairwell that boasts an exit-from-structure sign, relieving you of the sealed Moloch Buster to have it smuggled. You just need to limp to the bottom floor; your Counselor gives you one last motion of hurrying care as she presses the paper to your pocket, touches your head, and then closes the door, leaving you in bluedim darkness.

[Lost temp access to 'Ashtheft' + 'Moloch Buster' + 'Oilstained Shield' + 'White Belt']

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][40%]

Dammit! You need to hurry then. Red can't get south far enough to guide you unless you help distract her other cultists while they have... a blowout? Ohhh you just want to be back with her; please be safe, Red. Cramped, tired, in pain, and feeling vaguely irradiated, you start to fling yourself down the colorful stairs while praying nobody else waits in the well as you grunt and lope. The temperature rises as you go further down, grasses shattering through the stone and glowing a killing orange. Your suit is sparking with purple flashes again, and your ruby burns are tingling painfully, so you make a real hurry to get out. You almost trip over some dead silks gummed up by atomic saps bleeding out of colorful woods, and finally make it to the bottom floor and exit. You stop to pant and wipe sweat from your hands, but you still slip grip on a rail with some mosses wet with chemicals and stumble down the las△△△

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TheMaskedReader posted:

Just read through this entire thing and holy poo poo, it's so good. Can't wait for the next update.

Thank you for reading and enjoying.

Princey posted:

I'll do something, but I can say right now that a lot of this process is a unique blend that I'm not going to be able to quite replicate again, one third majority of that being the voting design of the game.

Dr_Gee posted:

if we spun up a meta thread/discord i think we'd risk losing a bunch of that

Yes, some of the meta-intention is the design of coming across an immense lost game roosting on some decades-old forgotten pseudo-GameFAQs forum. A lot of the game has concepts of something that just isn't possible anymore / never was.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Of course the suit is clicking, that's just a natural part of it, pay it no mind.

I am not entirely sure what the gently caress happened with the lightworld burner there, getting looped into herself, but uh.okay.

what is happening on that picture at the end. it's not anything good is it.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
gently caress you physics! We do what we want!

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Regallion posted:

Of course the suit is clicking, that's just a natural part of it, pay it no mind.

I am not entirely sure what the gently caress happened with the lightworld burner there, getting looped into herself, but uh.okay.

what is happening on that picture at the end. it's not anything good is it.

i mean i don't know for sure but uh

probably not gonna be great, no

unless it's iron saint related cause iirc she's also hella yellow

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

How do you vent a suit anyways? Can you just rinse the radiation out?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oh wow

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
That STR check...

But that looks like an awful long split up on the map.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

habituallyred posted:

That STR check...

But that looks like an awful long split up on the map.

It looks long but it's both zoomed in and I'm pretty sure we covered longer distances in a day before. Besides, Red can (probably) look after herself. Granted, half the area may be a nuclear hellscape by that point, but she'll be fine.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think we all should focus on the important thing, which is the adorable doodle of the Tyrant Child and Burner.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PetraCore posted:

I think we all should focus on the important thing, which is the adorable doodle of the Tyrant Child and Burner.

:hmmyes:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/9P5bBlI.mp4

It feels like sliding. Trapped in a thick frictionless syrup, one second pulled taffy-long out into days. But the taffy has to snap, so you drop through with a gross chroma burst. Even though your bubbly lungs hold air infinite, the panic scrambles you so bad you end up screaming for a brief second from feeling suffocation. After the gasping ends, you drag your head around and slop off the invisible membrane, clawing at your body to confirm nothing is wrong. Where are you?

Behind.

The air feels like nothing. Exacting body temperature. But your suit still gets an occasional blip of orangey-purple; your suit that you can clearly see in perfect detail, despite there being no visible source of light. You come aware of where you are and look around, and your psychics silver flash out of the pain and give you clarity against the torment you see. You spin around first. There, this way, your shaking hands pressed to it- an infinite wall of unwell concretes, the wrenched backside of the immense mall spear-smeared upon a micron-thick plane. You can press as hard as you like, but there's not going to be purchase. You're going to have to dare first to look to your right, to your left, and realize how immense the distances involved are. It's simply wall from end to end, which means all you can do is turn around and be forced to face the overload again.

Just a quick peek to try to force any sense out of it. The hate isn't so hot and sweaty here, it isn't clogging the floors with boiled puke and rich foamy mildews. The floor... grass? It's grass. Soft and so slight with damp that you can barely get a sheen across your hand. It's grayish greenish, short and scragged, and you look up slow with the reflect of your silver to slowly cohese what's beyond. More grass, yes, right? Right, yes, grass? That's the problem. You look up and your eyes start to flicker to thousands of possible information points, dragged dozens of times a milisecond trying to capture the sense of a single data intake, and the overwhelm would seizure you into a brain dead collapse if not for the silver screening the overload by its reflection onto your neurons. You fall over and start to loudly spit, a chemetal sting slicing up your tongue. Euyughk! Again, look up, but this time, you'll have to use the gentle logic and first smoosh down into the grass until your eyes are smeared over the gentle plants. You think of dryads and how scary-lovely they all are. Okay. Look up, again, but this time do it very slow and sweep up from underneath, just below the information points that want to rip you up. You can see now, oh so limitedly. Just a sliver through that distort. It's... grass, going on grass, going on grass through an absolute pure of blue night. Endless? Yes, but, only to the left and right. Behind you is wall, to either way endless grass, but through that field and distortion you swear, you swear you swear that you swear you can see the outline of some distant CITY, one that is surely 10 YEARS DISTANT. Is that what it is? Is that what you're looking at? Of course you can't make it through the distortion to walk those warm night grasses, to make it to that awful horizon light decade-distant. Even now, echoing over the fields, you can hear the screams that quake through that final resting place.

Stop looking!!

You roll and rip your head out from the tiny slipgap under the points of destroying sensations. There's nothing waiting if you keep pushing. Even if you succeeded, you'd be dead under the condemnation of so many years lost to the grassy distance. No, now your choices are the left and right, and the skill of your measuring blade. Back back back, so well behind the arcade's fresh nuclear. Red's spell was so powerful! You're so happy it isn't disgusting with hate here, because you can smile and think about her. You gotta get in front of all of this again, quickly and with hope, lest you end up trapped or climbing back out a week later. You walk sideways facing the wall, sword held so it drag-scrapes on grass and stone. Your other hand traces the concrete microns, but carefully, as some parts of its surface seems to be superheated despite showing no outward signs of radiated temperature. You stop at one part of the wall that's hot enough to scald you through your protections, and decide that will have to be enough. You sit down facing the barrier, focusing your endangered senses through the brain-cooking density of the Back. For a while you drift, finding center in the unease.

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][30%]

Are you nervous? Of course, but only a little. But that lack of nerve is the fog you need to fight; being behind something like this spreads you out as thin as the micron paste of the mall, leaving your emotions unreliable and your memories glassy. Yellow silks... you have to escape before that becomes a reality you suddenly notice and drown in. You mustn't notice other people's madness when in a place like this. Especially not here! The field, its grasses- it will send a wind 10 years hence to that skyline of light, it will tell what roams there your secret thoughts, and drat you to a bullet under the chin! No, no no no. Blank your mind stand up slowly. Facing the wall. Someone is at your back. No, that's not right. Nobody is at your back, and you know that's true because a distortion on the micron wall is colored like a grand red 8. There's nobody, someone you don't know, and that is exactly who left you with something that you're still not ready to mean. That single motion of the hand that explains something that tyranny doesn't understand.

They're nonaware of you, too. You, a shadow at their back, a sensation of gravity from the greatest possible distance. Your silver refuses to reflect the thoughts that this is all forcing you to have, saving you the feedback loop of neuron-cooking horror from understand too much with no context. You're standing right atop a secret supreme, but to look it in the face is to accept obliteration. A glassy vessel cannot hold the fires of the Sun. So your brain starts to operate again, working through the subconscious actions necessary to get out in front. You have to follow instincts, and they're only to find you an exit, not a safe passage. So you stand there in the grass, hand to the micron wall under that scalding 8, body tensing with a flicker as it prepares to escape the Back.

[ALT-F8]

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Some trust for the Tyrant. Manifesting won't give what it lacks, but perhaps it might learn something in it's own way.

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

I kind of want to glitch this with Red Right Hand and Tyrant, just because I'd like Tyrant and Red/Burner's powers to be more...aware/respecting of each other? I kind of feel like being in the Eight Lord's space (Our space?) might enforce that trust or respect, they did seem the type of person who was resolving some of the internal conflicts in Home.

TheMaskedReader
Aug 14, 2022

devildragon777 posted:

I kind of want to glitch this with Red Right Hand and Tyrant, just because I'd like Tyrant and Red/Burner's powers to be more...aware/respecting of each other? I kind of feel like being in the Eight Lord's space (Our space?) might enforce that trust or respect, they did seem the type of person who was resolving some of the internal conflicts in Home.
There's been enough glitches for now, IMO! The game's becoming dangerously close to unplayable!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
If anybody can ignore a problem, its Tyrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - Don't be ashamed. It's the only way to keep it together. I promise I really do know...

Use the Red Right Hand on the superheated part of the wall. [-? FP] - 5
With the Silver Mind, bounce your perception until it's forced out. [!PSI ESP Check 11] - 1
With the right wall angle, and a forced dodge, you could... [Avi's Question] [-? Bullets] - 2
...I know what will work. [Tyrant Manifest Check 17] - 16

(Tyrant Manifest) 20(-3) - [1]+[2]+[4] = 7 - Success [By 10].

See? It wasn't hard, and it wasn't unpleasant.
When you stand inside of
VOID, there's only one force that will keep you from dissolution.
Now watch.

...LOADING