Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Coming soon: The Boys get big timed hard https://twitter.com/filmupdates/status/1618746893231869952?s=46&t=3WhSSVj4vCTuf4lGqQAb_Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
me whenever i hear any entertainment news: "how will HH joke about this?"

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I miss 'Carl Calls His Cousin'. Very noticeable as it was nearly half of 'The Flagrant Ones' weekly content. And I'm not going to watch Carl play video games.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Another Bill Walton podcast? Yes please.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Another Bill Walton podcast? Yes please.

Will they address real Bill's views on the homeless?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Oh no, Andy Daly is going off on his own. Wish him luck, hopefully it won't be a paid subscription, can't really imagine paying for it and CBB world.

quote:

Dearest CBB World occupants,

While I usually write with good tidings and fantastic news, it is with great sadness and the heaviest of hearts that I must announce that Andy Daly is no longer going to be hosting his shows on CBB World.

Andy took some time off for his hiatus, and contacted me last week to say that, after several years of doing the show for various entities, he was looking forward to the opportunity to start his own thing, with no boss other than himself (and his GOD, of course).

When we started this endeavor a little over a year ago, I wanted to do something harkening back to the early days of podcasting, where friends supported friends, and we all had a good time together.

In the spirit of that, I've told everyone involved that if they wanted to leave for any reason, I'd be happy to support them and not hold onto their shows. No strings attached.

So "Bonanas For Bonanza" IS returning... but you'll have to follow Andy to his own little pasture on the internet to hear it. (I certainly will!) There will be more details to come about this soon.

What does this mean for you?

Well, we wanted to give you enough time to catch up on the show if you're behind - so the back catalogue will continue to be available through the end of February. After that, the Andy Daly Podcast Project feed will be taken down for both Legacy and Maximus.

We know there are certain subscribers who are here largely for Andy, and may have been hanging on waiting for him to return.

For all of you, we want to assist you in any way we can - if you would like to cancel your subscription and get a prorated refund, it's not a problem. We want to make sure you feel happy with your purchase here, and want to go overboard in making sure you don't feel like you've spent a penny you didn't feel good about.

If you're one of these people, please write to contact@cbbworld.com.

For the rest of you, we have not been lost for new content! We've been ramping up production on more CBB Presents episodes. You may have noticed we've only taken one week off since October!

In fact we just added a brand new CBB Presents limited series on Tuesdays, hosted by Dan Lippert: Walton On Walton! It's the "after show" to the real Bill Walton's new telecast. First episode is out now!

And "College Town," which started out as a CBB Presents, is going strong as a new weekly show with its own feed (some of you don't know it has its own feed - make sure to go back to cbbworld.com and follow it! It comes out every Tuesday and it's hit its stride!)

And we have more surprises in store coming down the proverbial pike -- including the "Crisis on Infinite Bang Bangs," which will be a multi-part epic of its own.

Andy has promised he'll come back to do certain surprises with us, and of course he'll continue to be on CBB proper.

So, while we are saying "au revoir" to The Andy Daly Podcast Project (like a true city slicker!), I'm confident CBB World remains the most fun corner of podcasting.

With kind and warmhearted admiration,
S. Aukerman

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Oh no, Andy Daly is going off on his own. Wish him luck, hopefully it won't be a paid subscription, can't really imagine paying for it and CBB world.

I imagine it will be a subscription thing. Seems little point to do it otherwise.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, he's probably just going to do a Patreon. Seems like that works out well for Gourley and Rust. I'm happy to pay for both because those and Man Dog Pod give me so much joy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Speaking of, did Patreon try and remove direct downloads from their feeds again? I'm trying to download old actionboyz and it looks like all the links are gone and I can only listen on the patreon page.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Speaking of, did Patreon try and remove direct downloads from their feeds again? I'm trying to download old actionboyz and it looks like all the links are gone and I can only listen on the patreon page.

I am experiencing the same. You can still download files via rss feed though.

Edit: they moved it https://twitter.com/catscastpod/status/1620765019708456961

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Ben Rodgers of Action Boyz (and the Night Wolf on CBB) has a new podcast coming out. The Rodge Tapes.

]

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I tried giving College Town another listen, and the beginning has Brett's dog barking the background like one other episode I listened to.

Meanwhile, Walton on Walton has been fantastic.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
woah, the boys are using the forever dog studios now, i know that place from double threat!!

e: god drat it, they got me, lmao

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 21, 2023

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I need to go wash my hands so I can put them in my mouth after the show

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Snooze Cruise posted:

e: god drat it, they got me, lmao

"It's all the same, it's the same poo poo; Every. Time."

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I don't know if anyone gives a poo poo or needs to hear this, but The Sloppy Boys podcast is loving fantastic. I've spent the last month or so catching up on their backlog and it's excellent. All three of them are hilarious, but Kalpakis is one of the funniest mother fuckers alive.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
What issss up

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I subscribed to the Flagrant Ones bundle months ago and have been listening to new episodes, but wasn't sure how to tackle the backlog. I decided over the weekend to start from the 2020 NBA season's suspension, which has been great. A lot of fun hearing them flail for a while trying to figure out what to talk about with the season (and the world) coming to an abrupt halt, and a lot of "oh yeah, I remember when 'flatten the curve' was a thing that didn't happen." It's also a bit disorienting to hear them talk about "Well, I guess businesses in LA are reopening" and having to remember "Oh yeah, my binge of one-hour episodes just covered like 3 months of real-time."

Seaniqua posted:

I don't know if anyone gives a poo poo or needs to hear this, but The Sloppy Boys podcast is loving fantastic. I've spent the last month or so catching up on their backlog and it's excellent. All three of them are hilarious, but Kalpakis is one of the funniest mother fuckers alive.

It's a really good show. Hanford can't make a drink right to save his life. Tim is basically my boy at this point. And I don't have anything funny to say about Dutton, I talked to him after a show last year and he was super nice, totally ready to chop it up with the fans for as long as they wanted (I was the old crank who just wanted to get my poster signed and bounce. I let him down.)

I usually make the drinks to play along at home...as long as it doesn't involve a tiny pour from a $40 bottle of liqueur (I skipped last week's Brandy Crusta.) Though I did buy a $75 bottle of Laphroaig for the Penicillin cocktail, despite being used as a minuscule float to give the drink a peaty punch up front (that was worth it.)

EDIT: Episode 99, Hayes imagines Jay-Z hearing Linkin Park for the first time. "This is the greatest loving music in the world. This goes so hard! Imagine if I got to rap over this?...This makes me want to kill people!"

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 23, 2023

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Seaniqua posted:

He’s basically my boy by this point

Edit Hahahha beaten

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

It's a really good show. Hanford can't make a drink right to save his life.

What are you talking about? he’s the inventor of the Russian Root

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

What are you talking about? he’s the inventor of the Russian Root

He can make his own very innovative drinks* just fine. It's the IBA recipes that trip him up.

*The Russian Root is a Floor Drink.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Ice optional!!!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Always take the Ice Option.

This Friday's Sloppy Boys should be a good one:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i have never been so mad at a podcast then this episode of double threat where brett stops the clip before peter falk shows up >:I

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Speaking of Brett, it was a real worlds-colliding moment when he started interacting with the boys on Hollywood Handbook last week. Seems like it's inevitable for he and Kevin to start battling it out for the title of 'best producer slowly morphing into the third host based mostly on being made fun of'.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Brett was an Earwolf engineer for years, so more like world's rejoining.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
well, brett boham and engineer brett are two different people

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

:o

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
brett gave me a jello shot at the live nyc double threat show in october and that was fun

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Finally got Mystique and buddy my Cerebro 2 deck is cookin

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

That’s wassup

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
The latest Hollywood Handbook with the guys from Auntie Donna was hilarious. HH has always been a second tier podcast for me. Every few months I go through a cycle of remembering the podcast exists - finding an episode with I guest that sounds interesting and begin listening - asking myself "this is awesome, why don't I listen to this more often?" - become tired of the schtick after an episode or two, or even halfway through the first episode - forgetting the podcast for a few more months etc.

I think a big part of why I usually burn out so fast on the show is that the "Hollywood rear end in a top hat" persona a lot of guests adapt to keep up with the boys is often similar from guest to guest, so it gets a bit predictable. Or the guests never quite seems to be on the same level of aloof/sarcastic/whatever as the boys, so it never really clicks.

The episodes with the Auntie Donna guys though, every single one that I've heard have been a delight from beginning to end. On paper it sounds like the worst improv show ever - five guys who are all both argumentative and prickly watch Tiktok videos and argue semantics!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Andy Daly's Patreon is finally up.
https://www.patreon.com/AndyDaly

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m guessing he wasn’t making much money at all from CBB world because oof, those pricing tiers don’t scream value in comparison to that service for the listener. I want the best for him so I hope there’s enough people out there willing to pay up. I’m sad they’ve split up still, he was a decent chunk of CBB World but not big enough for me to spend the same amount of money on just his stuff going forward.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i bet Bonanza is just a scheduling hassle because Gourley, Daly, and Bamford are all very busy. but they just don't put out a lot of content and it is more expensive by the day to stay subscribed to all the people who do put out a lot of content

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I like Andy Daly a lot but yeah if he was going to do something like that I feel like he missed the boat by a mile and should have done it back when there was more hype around him and not every other earwolf podcaster was already fighting for the same patreon dollars. I don't have that much time to listen to podcasts anyway, so it's been pretty easy to find other things to fill the time with as so many of these guys have locked themselves away behind different paywalls.

I do feel like they deserve to get something for their work, but with so many free podcasts still out there in different genres, it's hard to justify paying for the same poo poo I've been listening to for a decade after most of the novelty has been wrung from it. I've paid for some here and there, with TFO being the longest one, but the more that have been paywalled the easier it's been to just decide it's not worth even worrying about trying to keep up with any of it instead of choosing between them.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I remember when people used to bitch endlessly about Stitcher Premium.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I remember when people used to bitch endlessly about Stitcher Premium.

People used to (and probably still do) bitch about cable TV packing in all these channels that "I don't watch, why am I paying for them?" And now we have 8 bajillion streaming services that we keep around for one single show and that all charge us $12 a month.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think its fine to complain both about numerous streaming services and cable packages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Stitcher wasn't just an expensive service, it was also a bad app. It probably is also still a bad app. Patreon subscriptions at least give you RSS feeds.