Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The report button and feedback thread exist for a reason, they're not here to pat your rear end when your lovely posts go over like a lead balloon.

Unbelievabley soft poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

edit. responding to previous page

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

The report button and feedback thread exist for a reason, they're not here to pat your rear end when your lovely posts go over like a lead balloon.

Unbelievabley soft poo poo.

It's one thing to get dunked on for a bad take, but I agree with EMF that the responses were overly hostile for such a benign post, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to bring that up publicly. They've made efforts to be a less abrasive poster.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Since Horny was banned the posters started displaying more Ruthless Aggression

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
If I had to pick between the two I'd probably say horny posting can come back because I don't post horny anyway and this way there's something to prevent me from posting aggro.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If EMF has a million friends, then I'm one of them.
If EMF has one friend, then I'm that one.
If EMF has no friends, that means I'm dead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

If EMF has a million friends, then I'm one of them.
If EMF has one friend, then I'm that one.
If EMF has no friends, that means I'm dead.

rip

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

If I had to pick between the two I'd probably say horny posting can come back because I don't post horny anyway and this way there's something to prevent me from posting aggro.

Horny posting sucks and you can tell by how frequently the horniest posters across the forums get themselves banned because they just can’t stop talking about it and wanting to make sure everyone knows exactly what makes them so horny.

It sucks even more in a subforum about people fighting in their underwear because that already naturally leads itself to people being objectified and goons just can’t be trusted to know where to draw the line.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bans on horny posting should never be lifted.

Also, everyone should just be friendly and cool with each other while either ignoring the posters you don't like or having rational and calm discussions.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Bans on horny posting should never be lifted.

ya

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Ornate Jackets are currently in possession of Vince McMahon, to whom our friend is currently the Waylon Smithers of. We’ll all receive them once the Saudi deal is finalized and EMF is announced as the new Raw General Manager.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Eat My Musc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:popeye:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

emf likes cody.
That's enough of a difference for me.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

What I want out of PSP is what I'm getting.

:)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

lol.

MJeff my friend I swear i’m not as bad as you think, I am really sorry my posts bother you, i’ll try to see what I can do to not mess up the AEW thread anymore for you.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

lol.

MJeff my friend I swear i’m not as bad as you think, I am really sorry my posts bother you, i’ll try to see what I can do to not mess up the AEW thread anymore for you.

Don't bow down to corporate Wall Street deep state pressure.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

lol.

We're not friends. Don't do poo poo like this anymore,

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't think Tony Khan is cut out for this. He's funny but like in a trainwreck way in every venture he's ever done. like the moment that made me like him was his proto cm punk press conference meltdown where he was cussing and saying he had more money than jim crockett or whatever, that poo poo was hilarious, and i guess my hope that he leans into being a weird touchy rich kid is coming true but, I don't know I thought it'd be funnier. Helwani was right TK gave a lovely interview and now he's embarrassed or something and doubling down. Just take the L Tony. It's like when he got so mad at being called a Dog Fucker. That insult should have no effect on a billionaire believer in dog fuckin abstinence.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m here for that, would be cool. Is the booking actually headed there? Feel like if Keith Lee, Miro, Swerve, Andrade, etc were booked better we’d have tons of great matches for MJF’s reign. I think Miro sucks but I know ya’ll like him so I threw him in there too.

Darby is great, would like to see him win the big one. Giant rear end belt on that little spooky boy.

Or keep doing it and I'll call you a loving moron and get probed, I guess.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

We're not friends. Don't do poo poo like this anymore,

Or keep doing it and I'll call you a loving moron and get probed, I guess.

I really am not seeing why that poo poo is so divisive for you. Making fun of Tony Khan comes off maybe mean spirited in the first post but I didn’t intend it to be. I don’t want you or anyone to get probed, I think any probe for any of this would be really dumb hence I asked if I can do anything to lower the intensity in there.

I’ll figure out a way to post better, and if I can’t i’ll just stick to another thread.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Starting to think a lot of our high quality trolls have been serious posting the whole time and oh no

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hey let’s not do this poo poo in this thread or any other. If you have a problem with a poster, either ignore them or solve the problem in a way that you can both coexist without tanking a thread.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
oh okay this is where the message in the aew thread came from

idk if emf has been trolling or seriousposting but my issue really isn't with them in specific, especially since they're just now starting to post again. there's just a range of people across all the wrestlethreads who think that high praise of wwe/making GBS threads on aew is really funny and it got pretty old for me years ago. the cornette nicknames like 'weepy wangman' are really old, and a few people went over the line w/ their shitposting when the whole thing w/ vince's sexual assault lawsuits and settlements started resurfacing in the news. where are people even getting their wrestling information from where they're talking about tony khan loving dogs as if we're all supposed to know that's a thing people are accusing him of doing to try to score points or w/e

i just want people to post about what they genuinely feel about the shows and think the threads would be more readable if they were that instead of having a half dozen people who try to stir poo poo up when they post. it's not an AEW vs WWE thing -- i don't care if someone likes watching wwe in 2023 and would enjoy reading people seriousposting about doing so (i've tried to give it a shot in groupwatches w/ friends on discord here and there over the last few years and it's just Not Enjoyable + i'd love to hear what people are getting out of the show in 2023, but that just doesn't seem like what people are doing). the gimmickposting or whatever you wanna call it that leads to constant arguments because someone wanted to casually say how nobody in aew's women's division is as good at wrestling as anyone in wwe or w/e is just not enjoyable to read, and putting them on ignore and trying to move on doesn't help b/c someone will just take the bait (or one of the other people who love to start poo poo will just carry it forward). it'd be fine if it was funny, but it's like there's a checklist people have to go down every week and people racing to hit those marks at a run as soon as the show wraps every wednesday

i liked reading the aew weekly threads and the live threads but the negativity and the fighting led me to drop the live threads + every week it takes me longer and longer to bother to read the weekly threads, even though SA is my major source for wrestling news. i'd like nothing more than to clear out my ignore list and enjoy reading the subforum proper again, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anytime soon if this is where the mods stand on what's allowed and what needs to be pushed back on.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just to clear the record, it's that Tony Khan wanks dogs. A Fulham fan did a mock flag that said that and Tony saw it on Twitter and called it disgusting and told him to never bring it to a game which then Streisand effected Tony Khan wanks dogs with Fulham fans who loving hate him because he's not good at owning a football club.

Also just read whatever posts you personally think are bad and killing the sub in this voice: https://youtu.be/-sbFhOeqTzY

It's what I do and it makes them really good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He doesn't do that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I genuinely feel the Wangman is conducting himself Weepily

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flatluigi posted:

oh okay this is where the message in the aew thread came from

idk if emf has been trolling or seriousposting but my issue really isn't with them in specific, especially since they're just now starting to post again. there's just a range of people across all the wrestlethreads who think that high praise of wwe/making GBS threads on aew is really funny and it got pretty old for me years ago. the cornette nicknames like 'weepy wangman' are really old, and a few people went over the line w/ their shitposting when the whole thing w/ vince's sexual assault lawsuits and settlements started resurfacing in the news. where are people even getting their wrestling information from where they're talking about tony khan loving dogs as if we're all supposed to know that's a thing people are accusing him of doing to try to score points or w/e

i just want people to post about what they genuinely feel about the shows and think the threads would be more readable if they were that instead of having a half dozen people who try to stir poo poo up when they post. it's not an AEW vs WWE thing -- i don't care if someone likes watching wwe in 2023 and would enjoy reading people seriousposting about doing so (i've tried to give it a shot in groupwatches w/ friends on discord here and there over the last few years and it's just Not Enjoyable + i'd love to hear what people are getting out of the show in 2023, but that just doesn't seem like what people are doing). the gimmickposting or whatever you wanna call it that leads to constant arguments because someone wanted to casually say how nobody in aew's women's division is as good at wrestling as anyone in wwe or w/e is just not enjoyable to read, and putting them on ignore and trying to move on doesn't help b/c someone will just take the bait (or one of the other people who love to start poo poo will just carry it forward). it'd be fine if it was funny, but it's like there's a checklist people have to go down every week and people racing to hit those marks at a run as soon as the show wraps every wednesday

i liked reading the aew weekly threads and the live threads but the negativity and the fighting led me to drop the live threads + every week it takes me longer and longer to bother to read the weekly threads, even though SA is my major source for wrestling news. i'd like nothing more than to clear out my ignore list and enjoy reading the subforum proper again, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anytime soon if this is where the mods stand on what's allowed and what needs to be pushed back on.

i'm sure you do or used to post about wrestling and wrestling news but the majority of your posts i can remember are just bitching about people posting in w/e way you don't like. report them or ignore them, and if your reports dont work then it means unfortunately the current moderation team disagrees with your views. i use the ignore list, its awesome. i report people like every other day, it's awesome. sometimes they get in trouble and i smile deep inside, and sometimes they don't. other than that, just post about the kind of things you want to see talked about, or try and start a conversation or something. if one of the people on your poo poo list are getting quoted and the center of attention for a little bit, come back later. or dont but generally the aew threads are about the shows, previous or upcoming, with some tomfoolery in the mix. well thats how i see it anyways :razzy: and i've certainly had my complaints

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

He doesn't do that.

I did once

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Are you a vet, breeder, or other?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

yea ok posted:

i'm sure you do or used to post about wrestling and wrestling news but the majority of your posts i can remember are just bitching about people posting in w/e way you don't like. report them or ignore them, and if your reports dont work then it means unfortunately the current moderation team disagrees with your views. i use the ignore list, its awesome. i report people like every other day, it's awesome. sometimes they get in trouble and i smile deep inside, and sometimes they don't. other than that, just post about the kind of things you want to see talked about, or try and start a conversation or something. if one of the people on your poo poo list are getting quoted and the center of attention for a little bit, come back later. or dont but generally the aew threads are about the shows, previous or upcoming, with some tomfoolery in the mix. well thats how i see it anyways :razzy: and i've certainly had my complaints

i've intentionally tried to not post about it over the last year or so b/c i hate giving that impression, but what happened here is someone else quoted a bad EMF post and i just recommended that person to use the ignore list (and then a mod came in to threaten to punish me for doing so, which i was real confused about until i got pointed to this thread and saw that EMF flagged down a mod here to intervene). i only made that effortpost b/c i felt it'd had been long enough since the last time i did it, but if that's still all you think of me posting i guess it wasn't long enough?

either way, i don't really plan on doing it again now that i've said my piece + just wanted to weigh in in the first place because of said mod warning

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I used to post a lot about wrestling. I used to post whenever this conversation came up. I’ve been trying to stop both. Because clearly the place I want this to be isnt the place mods or a vocal plurality of the forum wants it to be. And that’s life. I can keep making enemies by having a different opinion or I can try and move on. Nothings really gonna change otherwise.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 28, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sometimes I feel like I am posting in a completely different forum than others based on how this place is described sometimes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Sometimes I feel like I am posting in a completely different forum than others based on how this place is described sometimes

the joy of a place where many different people can share their perspectives is that other people can read people describe what they see and experience and think "what the gently caress alternate world is that person living in"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The forums I post in is just nonstop positivity about TJPW, not sure what you grumpy people are up to

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wasn’t trying to even talk to the mods in the OG post just wanted to vibe check posting peers in a way that wouldn’t make the AEW thread annoying, like a side convo containment, I see now the issue is that a couple people don’t like it when I post the way I do and don’t like it if others engage with me either I apologize to them. If this thread is solely for talking to the mode and I caused this by breaking a rule i’m sorry do as you see fit with me and i’ll do something else next time I’m trying to start a vibe check, or better yet i’ll try not to start one at all, my bad.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This forum on the whole apart from the weepy wangman stuff (which is annoying but mostly a kind of joke, I think?) is a 1000 percent more positive about wrestling and wrestlers than most other venues.

You rarely see the seething hatred or open loathing for wrestlers at low skill levels, have had a bad match, or suit a different taste in wrestling that are commonly seen in other places.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I read every post as a tongue in cheek joke and assumed everyone else did and whoops nope.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I read every post as a tongue in cheek joke and assumed everyone else did and whoops nope.

Pretty much, yeah.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

I used to post a lot about wrestling. I used to post whenever this conversation came up. I’ve been trying to stop both. Because clearly the place I want this to be isnt the place mods or a vocal plurality of the forum wants it to be. And that’s life. I can keep making enemies by having a different opinion or I can try and move on. Nothings really gonna change otherwise.

I would love for this to be a forum where people are just cool and chill and funny but some posters are still destined to post like poo poo but not in a way that’s bannable or anything.

We’ve had some decently long stretches where no one loses their minds and no posts get reported because no one is posting like poo poo. It’d be great if it was like that all of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

years ago I used to get mad about the posts of others a lot - got into a bunch of arguments and tried to be part of the posting police

then I got old and stopped taking words an anonymous person posts on the internet about fake fighting (and pro wrestling) seriously because at the end of the day nothing they say actually matters

I recommend it, my blood pressure is lower and it lets me enjoy the joke posts more

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 28, 2023