Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Lostconfused posted:

How true is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

i watched a ten hour loop of tidus laughing and thats why im communist

he does make very solid points about seizing the means of production

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Take it from me, brownguykiller88, making the Muslim world a better place was my full time job! I care very deeply about the Mohammedans, some of whom can even act white very quickly and learn to enjoy it!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

god i loving love anime, literally the only good thing on this cursed earth

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

wow america is so moral and cool unlike those russians and chinese

https://twitter.com/joeywreck/status/1629889944519835649?s=46&t=nuUxCS0ujXY6zmkVY9KHnA

anyways

Turns out if you wish the cops involved a long slow painful death the twitter algorithm instantly bans you for a week. Gonna have to get more creative in the future I guess.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

god i loving love anime, literally the only good thing on this cursed earth

what about warhammer

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

CODChimera posted:

what about warhammer

Warhammer is curse only fools willingly bear

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Al-Saqr posted:

wow america is so moral and cool unlike those russians and chinese

https://twitter.com/joeywreck/status/1629889944519835649?s=46&t=nuUxCS0ujXY6zmkVY9KHnA

anyways

Communists would have shot her

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChuckPfarrer/status/1630188206313418754

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al Saqr, can you be like one of those bored Jordanians who gets pity passed through Sandhurst and then recieves a cushy do-nothing job? Seems like a good sinecure, plus your mere existence is sand in the gears of the war machine.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Chuck Pfarrer regularly provides indications and warnings of his broken brain

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1630429464470355973

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ok, so what if we carry out a campaign to starve the civilian population of Crimea and then launched a ground war in order to liberate them? Sounds good?

lmao its very funny, to me, that Russia annexed Crimea in 2014 with, what, a dozen deaths total? but in order to 'liberate' Crimea Ukraine needs to launch a full scale invasion

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nix Panicus posted:

Ok, so what if we carry out a campaign to starve the civilian population of Crimea and then launched a ground war in order to liberate them? Sounds good?

lmao its very funny, to me, that Russia annexed Crimea in 2014 with, what, a dozen deaths total? but in order to 'liberate' Crimea Ukraine needs to launch a full scale invasion

Weird isn't it? Almost like they didn't want to be part of Ukraine.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I mean you can still just do a keyword search in any pro Ukrainian propaganda Twitter account for "SBU" and find dozens of posts with them bragging about violent forced conscription

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

A retired general who is now a chair on European policy analysis group. A literal armchair general advocating to escalate a proxy war into a full blown war.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"We had to destroy Crimea in order to save it"

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

mans couldn't even copy pasta some arrows to demonstrate his EU4 tactics

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Where has the vaunted Ukrainian spirit of resistance and eagerness for gorilla war been for the last eight years in Crimea? We have a good idea of what a modern insurgency looks like based on Iraq, Afghanistan, and Palestine, plus what a modern insurgency funded by hostile foreign powers looks like courtesy of Libya and Syria.

Given how much the Russians love genociding Ukrainians and how valiant the Ukrainian resistance is, where is the Crimean insurgency against the Russian slaughter factories that 100% exist?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

"We had to destroy Crimea in order to save it"

if we don't destroy crimea, then russia it could weaponize crimea by threatening to destroy crimea

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Presumably Ukrainian guerillas are going to be foreign volunteers, because Ukrainians that are most likely to be guerillas are fighting on the frontline right now.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

Where has the vaunted Ukrainian spirit of resistance and eagerness for gorilla war been for the last eight years in Crimea?

the answer you'll usually see is that the original population was already forcibly relocated so the current civilians are mostly occupiers. the answers to questions that follow that is where people say the really deranged stuff

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

cutting back to the media panel that is still allowed by the ukranian state on what should be done about the russians living in crimea after the Liberation, and uh

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

speng31b posted:

I mean you can still just do a keyword search in any pro Ukrainian propaganda Twitter account for "SBU" and find dozens of posts with them bragging about violent forced conscription

uhhh yeah i just found a twitter vid of what i think is pro-ukraine propaganda about a dude with no legs driving an army vehicle?
what the gently caress lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zodium posted:

you spent years of your life contributing to millions of deaths for money, and fifteen years later you're not sorry about it because you cleansed your soul working for less money afterwards. you are a monster. you get that right. that's monstrous.

I'd wager that "less money" is still many times the median wage for someone of that age too (if not significantly more than that)

I find that when people are vague about this stuff it's usually for a reason, because if they were actually making some modest amount of money like 30-40k or something they would have just said as much, instead of framing it relative to the (likely very high) military contractor pay.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

speng31b posted:

the answer you'll usually see is that the original population was already forcibly relocated so the current civilians are mostly occupiers. the answers to questions that follow that is where people say the really deranged stuff

So Russia casually relocated 2 million people with no major resistance from an isolated almost island over a single highway and nobody noticed?

The Russians are truly crafty opponents!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

CODChimera posted:

what about warhammer

warhammer is a fantastic hobby and game but only applies to complete whackjobs like me anime is alot more universal

Frosted Flake posted:

Al Saqr, can you be like one of those bored Jordanians who gets pity passed through Sandhurst and then recieves a cushy do-nothing job? Seems like a good sinecure, plus your mere existence is sand in the gears of the war machine.

you have to be a royal to get into the sandhurst dictator-deathsquad MFA program

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 06:23 on Feb 28, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

3 posted:

it's always fascinating to me how liberals will always tell people to deeply scrutinize all government narratives except for the american one, which as we all know, has never told a lie once in its entire history

i wonder if there's a specific term to describe this kind of selective animus, which always seems to be predominantly based on the race of the government in question

They think our propaganda is different because it's issued by "independent" news media organizations that aren't technically "state media"

It's pretty funny, given the vast majority of reporting by said "independent news organizations" is literally just some reporter quoting a US government/military official (or if they really want to be fancy, some NGO indirectly funded by the US government)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol of course the French are the modern military that (correctly) held onto divisions

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

comedyblissoption posted:

cutting back to the media panel that is still allowed by the ukranian state on what should be done about the russians living in crimea after the Liberation, and uh

I assume it was humanitarian aid and not plans to make sofas from their human skin & bones. Uh, right?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

it is really crazy how when i was younger i would see lukaschenko promising to destroy NGO's and be like "oh my god what a moster he needs to ve stopped" but now that i know better im like " Go off king Luka"

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Mercure blew up it's own pipelines.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
I hope Mercure kicks their rear end.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm from arnland and I say mort them all

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

Been reading some of this thread back and made a lukewarm observation

- cspam Ukraine thread: good at historic events, less good as current events, really bad at predicting future events.

Does that sound fair?

Actually we're excellent at history, good at current events and all predictions are ironic

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Take it from me, brownguykiller88, making the Muslim world a better place was my full time job! I care very deeply about the Mohammedans, some of whom can even act white very quickly and learn to enjoy it!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

oh my god an actual good Paul_soccer post

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hey china you cant fool us were not gonna let you pass a peace plan on OUR watch!!

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1630319155852312576?s=46&t=nuUxCS0ujXY6zmkVY9KHnA

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1630326519762436096?s=46&t=nuUxCS0ujXY6zmkVY9KHnA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Ned Price is a nerd who deserves a swirlie and to be locked inside his own locker