Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Destiny for new players is really easy to get into.

- See man? Shoot man
- Number go up!
- ORB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The gun is good

The triangle is evil

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That wizard came from the moon

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SgtSteel91 posted:

The gun is good

The triangle is evil

Except triangle guns, those are good.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

Except triangle guns, those are good.

Unless the perks on the gun are poo poo, then it’s bad

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I can't wait to ponder orb.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Have they made an orb pondering emote? Seems like something they would do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GruntyThrst posted:

Have they made an orb pondering emote? Seems like something they would do.

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDdPnbENx3Y

haveblue fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 28, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

This is delightful! :allears:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Sorry so far:

Orb makes us immortal and stays with us in Chile
Orb decides to run away
Orb can’t run away and turns out, it’s a giant gun.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SgtSteel91 posted:

Raid speculation:

There's tones of Calus'/Cabal theme in it, maybe this is the 'kill Calus for realsies' raid?

If you really honestly want to know the final boss of the upcoming raid and so on. If you're really really paying attention you can figure it out yourself.

It's Nezarac. Nezarac is a Psion disciple, joined long before the cabal conquered them. Look at Nezarac Sin's helmet, and then look at the Psion model. I can't believe I never saw it.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
People should toxx for nezzie

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Traveler is not a gun, so much as an exotic trees rifle (Arborist)

Nelson Mandingo posted:

If you really honestly want to know the final boss of the upcoming raid and so on. If you're really really paying attention you can figure it out yourself.

It's Nezarac. Nezarac is a Psion disciple, joined long before the cabal conquered them. Look at Nezarac Sin's helmet, and then look at the Psion model. I can't believe I never saw it.

I think the Psions love and follow Nezarec but I don't think Nezarec himself is a Psion. The Psions are a relatively new player in the Darkness Army and Nezarec has been around since forever

chird
Sep 26, 2004

I quit D2 during the season where you get weapons where you could shoot a red ball to make a splosion (Seraph probably).

I was miffed at the content removal thing.

But mostly I thought my computer was too slow causing annoying frame skips when boosting in the air.

Buuuuut now I've got a good computer, I realize it still feels like it skips so I guess it's just meant to be like that? Like, maybe it's meant it be a Titan rocket boost effect or something but it's annoying compared to Warframe's smooth air movement.

Also I can't remember how anything works. I'd like to start a new character but all three slots have (what was) max level chars and I can't remember if deleting one is a big deal or not.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chird posted:

But mostly I thought my computer was too slow causing annoying frame skips when boosting in the air.

Buuuuut now I've got a good computer, I realize it still feels like it skips so I guess it's just meant to be like that? Like, maybe it's meant it be a Titan rocket boost effect or something but it's annoying compared to Warframe's smooth air movement.

If you're talking about the jerkiness when you've been launched from man cannons or similar high-speed antics, I think that's just the game's engine + latency causing problems when you move at high speeds.

You probably quit during Season of the Worthy.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

If you're talking about the jerkiness when you've been launched from man cannons or similar high-speed antics, I think that's just the game's engine + latency causing problems when you move at high speeds.

You probably quit during Season of the Worthy.

I think, when I'm a Titan and jump, it doesn't feel smooth. It felt like microstuttering. It might be in my head or something. I need to test it again but it's like shaky cam or a frame rate limitation. Warframe I get 144fps+ at all times.

Edit: yeah it was Worthy, with the bunkers.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

The gun is good

The triangle is evil

Need a fanart of big Calus head barfing up raid guns

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

If Calus is killable im gonna pull midnight coup out of the vault to do it to em

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Traveler is not a gun, so much as an exotic trees rifle (Arborist)

I think the Psions love and follow Nezarec but I don't think Nezarec himself is a Psion. The Psions are a relatively new player in the Darkness Army and Nezarec has been around since forever

the psions had an old religion/cult that worshipped 'shared thought after death' or something along those lines, it was very Witnessey is what I mean. They got rid of it before being conquered by the fat cabals. The psion who was spread the Vox Obscura messages was trying to bring it back- one of Calus' aides was a worshipper, but so is one of Caiatl's. So it wouldn't surprise me if that religion worshipped the Witness/had ties to Nezarec, but they mostly outlawed it and the psions joining the Darkness army are actually rejoining

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought Nezerac was a guardian/risen?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Azubah posted:

I thought Nezerac was a guardian/risen?

Nez pre-dates the great ghost fart

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I decided to go ahead and get lightfall and play day one as the architects permit me..was not planning on it at all and i'm actually excited!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bungie flip the switch goddammit

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sorry so far:

Orb makes us immortal and stays with us in Chile
Orb decides to run away
Orb can’t run away and turns out, it’s a giant gun.

Do NOT attempt to interpret the Orb!

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Nelson Mandingo posted:

there's zero chance nez being a psion was thought before like, last week

Not sure why we're putting spoiler tags on Destiny, but I'll go along with it

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I still remember my friend trying to get me through oryx raid from D1 when i just started playing and didn't really know how to do poo poo like jump yet. We did not finish.

Fast forward a few years and I joined a lfg for the leviathan a day before it was to be vaulted so i could get the acrius item out of my quest/inventory. I dont even know what happened, we finished in like 15 minutes? Skipping the entire raid somehow?!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You might have joined a group that already had a final boss checkpoint

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

drat really? They usually don't let "Extra Charge" exotics stack with a subclass bonus for an extra charge

That's cool

I think this might be the first time we have this specific interaction? Ophidia Spate was specifically for knives so no synergy with stasis shurikens, there's no way to get extra nades besides armateranium or starfire and warlocks didn't have melees with more than 1 charge unless you were using claws.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Flip the switch flip the switch flip the switch

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

9am PST right?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

MarcusSA posted:

9am PST right?

I mean, in theory but considering the average technical state of Destiny 2 if the game is at all playable before 4pm est I'll consider it better than expected.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I thought Osiris drank Nezarec

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Meiteron posted:

I mean, in theory but considering the average technical state of Destiny 2 if the game is at all playable before 4pm est I'll consider it better than expected.

My recollection is that Witch Queen was mostly alright at launch? I have to work during the day but I distinctly remember playing it as soon as I got home that day and never really running into any problems.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

arsenicCatnip posted:

I think this might be the first time we have this specific interaction? Ophidia Spate was specifically for knives so no synergy with stasis shurikens, there's no way to get extra nades besides armateranium or starfire and warlocks didn't have melees with more than 1 charge unless you were using claws.

People were up in arms about armamentarium + touch of thunder not giving you 3 lightning spikes

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roctavian posted:

I thought Osiris drank Nezarec

Just the bathwater

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

VanillaGorilla posted:

My recollection is that Witch Queen was mostly alright at launch? I have to work during the day but I distinctly remember playing it as soon as I got home that day and never really running into any problems.

Yeah Witch Queen actually had a really solid launch, I started it basically the minute of launch and only had to deal with a small login queue.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

9am PST right?

I suspect it won't be stable until like maybe 2pm CST

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Season trailer just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99jf-2uQ9rA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Small thing but it's cool seeing a whole fleet over the last city ready to defend it. Kinda wish the Almighty was still around and we had a mission to yoink it and zap the Witness into the sun.