Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

I finally caught up with the thread! Gotta ask, is there an award category for "most behind the times?" because shouldn't this have been published in November? Of 2020?

You can make your own categories, but there was an attempt in the last thread titled "Worst Cartoon That Could've Been Published 20 Years Ago."

Kellies voting is delayed a couple days due to irl time conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Adam Zyglis

Dave Granlund

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What is this even supposed to mean? Is it a racist joke about black parents being neglectful? Is it just a joke about social media and am I reading too much into it? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY HERE?

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What is this even supposed to mean? Is it a racist joke about black parents being neglectful? Is it just a joke about social media and am I reading too much into it? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY HERE?

"SOME GIZMO" as the only point.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The cartoon is titled "New Age Romance", which is probably a hint as to the intention here.

Youremother posted:

"SOME GIZMO" as the only point.

Essentially, it's this. "Look at how silly it is when people have romance these days. They might use NEWFANGLED SYMBOLS in TEXT BASED COMMUNICATION instead of asking a girl's father for permission to court her."

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
https://news.yahoo.com/dilbert-scott-adams-racism-controversy-elon-musk-explainer-223420490.html

quote:

Adams said his comments last week were "hyperbole."

"This was hyperbole, meaning an exaggeration. When I said Black people were like a hate group... it wasn't because I hated anybody. In fact, hate wasn't even part of the conversation, was it?" he exclaimed.

:dafuq::dafuq::dafuq::dafuq::dafuq::dafuq:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is really good.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Cyanide & Happiness joins in on the Dilbert Dunking.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

How exactly does Soros fund prosecutors? :confused:

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Feb 28, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jew gold 'BLM Marxism'

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
My favourite using-Dilbert-to-dunk-on-Scott moment was from last year, when someone used his pompous response to the Mar-A-Lago raid as the basis for a Dilbert comic:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

axolotl farmer posted:

The same way they keep a well-paid stable of crisis actors to fake all those mass shootings.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

Chip feels very strongly that the umpa loompas should be enslaved pygmy's.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 28, 2023

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Branco’s a fan of the classics, I see.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

People like Ramirez going “Where was the regulations, Biden?” after pounding the drum that climate change is fact, industry shouldn’t be chained by regulation by the evil BIG GOV etc is such pandering bullshit I can feel my brain turn to mush when I see it

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Ok, so if there were less regulations, a train full of death and cancer would be less likely to derail because?

Or because private companies are very good with cleaning up when they cause environmental distasters, like Union Carbide in Bhopal, or Hooker Chemical in the Love Canal, or Chisso Corporation in Minamata.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Not pictured: lots of dead fish, each labelled "company that pollutes the environment and kills people"

A (potentially) GC.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tomorrow Ramirez will run the same cartoon but the clouds will be labeled Debt.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The virus leak thing is frustrating because A) claiming something without evidence doesn’t magically make you right if you get lucky B) making such baseless claims is also dangerous because of the impact it can have on things (eg the drugs Trump toted as miracle cure that did NOT have the supply ready for such distribution) and C) the conspiracy theory was that it was not a leak but an intentional plot by China, something that is now picking up steam again.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

I'm gonna be mad all day now

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

I wouldn't be so scared of a robber that just soiled himself. Must be his first time, "the toy gun and CRIME sweater cost a bit but if this works then my family will eat tonight... uh oh, here comes the diarrhea! I shouldn't have eaten from that dumpster, drat it!"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

The virus leak thing is frustrating because A) claiming something without evidence doesn’t magically make you right if you get lucky B) making such baseless claims is also dangerous because of the impact it can have on things (eg the drugs Trump toted as miracle cure that did NOT have the supply ready for such distribution) and C) the conspiracy theory was that it was not a leak but an intentional plot by China, something that is now picking up steam again.
And D) the solution touted is usually somewhere between that we should stop all trade and diplomacy with China and that we should stop investigating viruses and presumably the wider world around us and let God/Nature/the good light aliens who fight the reptile lizards take care of everything.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nenonen posted:

I wouldn't be so scared of a robber that just soiled himself. Must be his first time, "the toy gun and CRIME sweater cost a bit but if this works then my family will eat tonight... uh oh, here comes the diarrhea! I shouldn't have eaten from that dumpster, drat it!"

Eh, I'd be way more scared of a robber who soiled himself, since he's either way beyond caring about that, and as such more likely to be beyond caring about your life, or just straight up mentally ill. In either case, he's way more likely to just shoot you than a guy who can actually conceptualise and care about going to prison.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

Ok, so if there were less regulations, a train full of death and cancer would be less likely to derail because?

Or because private companies are very good with cleaning up when they cause environmental distasters, like Union Carbide in Bhopal, or Hooker Chemical in the Love Canal, or Chisso Corporation in Minamata.

It makes perfect sense if you just believe in the invisible hand of the free market. The government is incompetent because they don't have a financial incentive to do anything right. So we have to leave everything up to private industry, who do have a financial incentive to do everything right. What? No, of course they wouldn't just cut corners to save on costs, that's illegal.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pants Donkey posted:

One agency (Energy I think) says they believe it came from a lab leak, all other agencies disagree. The one agency doesn’t even have high confidence in the conclusion they came to, and they also insist it was still not man made.

I wish the media was a bit more careful about their headlines. It’s possible it was a lab leak, but far from definite, and there remains a lot of disagreement on that subject.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
It’s funny. Jim Davis is a really close friend to Mike Pence. The Garfield comics canonically take place in Idaho. Pence has a bunch of Garfield cartoons/birthday cards hand-drawn for him by Davis in his office. They probably believe a lot of the same things. But Davies is smart enough to keep his head down, count his money, and make sure that his product is as middle of the road bland as possible.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

axolotl farmer posted:

"Hooker Chemical in the Love Canal" is my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2023/feb/27/dilbert/

New one from Bennett, Imgur hates my phone so here's the link

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell: EU’s Ursula von der Leyen meets King Charles – The president of the European Commission visited Windsor Castle during her UK visit to finalise talks on the post-Brexit Northern Ireland trade deal"

Telegraph:

Brexit latest news: My deal 'takes back control', says Rishi Sunak

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Northern lights visible over the UK for second straight night

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

axolotl farmer posted:

Campaign donations. Conservatives are against unlimited campaign donations from only certain people.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every single cartoonist in publication lining up to dunk on Dilbert is insanely funny. You can tell they've been waiting for this for a while.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Fister Roboto posted:

Every single cartoonist in publication lining up to dunk on Dilbert is insanely funny. You can tell they've been waiting for this for a while.

When you come for the king you better not miss, and it's a lot easier to hit when the king is an old washed up racist.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Nenonen posted:

I'm just glad he was labeled as CRIME. I would have no loving clue what was happening otherwise.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies nomination:

Worst Overall, Most Opposite of Reality

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

the_steve posted:

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2023/feb/27/dilbert/

New one from Bennett, Imgur hates my phone so here's the link

Ooh, that's about as good as Bennett gets now, so just in case anyone ignored the link:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I’m a little ashamed I can name all four characters