Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

okay I couldn't leave this idea alone

click for huge (2480x1718)

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Stardust the Super Wizard

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"You tried to destroy the heads of a great nation, so your own head shall be destroyed!" is my favorite Stardust quote. Even though there sure are lots of options to choose from.

edit: oh man this is also the one with "listen, you punks! this is a scientific grift" which could absolutely have been a Professor Farnsworth line

DACK FAYDEN has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Feb 28, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I hope Tredlocity is reading the thread. Maybe they'll pull a Keith Stack and invade for a week. I know Haus of Decline is/was a goon and I think Branson Reese as well. Plus we have Unwinder (Power Up) in the thread as well. Maybe if someone posts RPG World we can summon ianjq.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I’m not sure Fletcher Hanks knows what racketeering is?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Such a great panel.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bottles of rays

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Snake Maze posted:

Nobody knows what racketeering is

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Snake Maze posted:

Or rays either?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
De structo did nothing wrong

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
free structo

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dees Tructo, lmao, gottem

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Snake Maze posted:

I'm not sure he knows what quotation marks are, either.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Previously on Opplopolis: a sack, labelled "POTATOES".

Ahh, yes, I get it now. It's a walkthrough on how to get to Ash Lake.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Kinyras 2/2

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Snake Maze posted:

He knows as much about it as he does in being a good father and husband

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I think even the survivors are getting tired of Stardust's weird sadistic bullshit at this point

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

2001 + inception + planet of the apes

cool page

Tarkovsky's Stalker: the wish granter area, for me

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

x

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

The golems' designs also changed to varying degrees between this silhouette reveal and their formal introductions. Except for Brick and Mortar, of course.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Based on that foundation, I can only assume this takes place in the extended Control/Alan Wake universe.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Sonic stuff

Ah no never heard of it before. I also prefer the first year stuff for a comic. Not a fan of the 'cartoon character but hyper realistic' look in most cases

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I'm the dangerous mobster racketeer carrionman, even though the eldritch space god has effortlessly slaughtered everyone involved in the last several attempts, I reckon I've got a shot at taking over the u.s for nebulous reasons.

Listen up you mugs while I explain how my shitposting ray works

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joseph Cubed empties his tommy gun into Straiza, blasting the vampire through the window of the restaurant! He jumps in through the broken window, ignoring the screams of customers who think they just saw him gun down a man!

Read right to left:

Well that's it for Joseph Joseph Joseph, thanks for reading!
The reveal for this is the weakest asspull of the series imo, but it's forgivable because Joseph Joseph Joseph pulls it off with style

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Using his fiendish putting rays in vials ray, destructo prepares his horrible weapon

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

KC Green is ending FOA and will be starting a new single panel strip:

https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/1630634062644690944
https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/1630634065035403265

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

an excellent application of your humor ray

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Spoilers for some Plica/Mari sexytimes.

And also there's Saki with her insecurities.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

FOA never really quite hit with me compared to KCs other stuff so I'm cool with this

CyprianLatewood
Feb 27, 2023

by Pragmatica
KCs lifetime output already places him as the cartoonist of the millennial generation as far as I'm concerned, even better than Gary Larson. I'm just glad he keeps making stuff.

Does the way Fletcher Hanks draws his evil gangsters have a basis in some weird racial caricature stereotype I'm not familiar with or does it just give that kind of vibe?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

CyprianLatewood posted:

KCs lifetime output already places him as the cartoonist of the millennial generation as far as I'm concerned, even better than Gary Larson. I'm just glad he keeps making stuff.

Gary Larson, millenial? Bwah?

Ah, thanks vvvvvv

Rust Martialis has a new favorite as of 20:30 on Feb 28, 2023

CyprianLatewood
Feb 27, 2023

by Pragmatica

Rust Martialis posted:

Gary Larson, millenial? Bwah?

No uh I mean that he's the millennial Gary Larson but better, not that Gary Larson is a millennial.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Ya'll remember that at one point Lazerbot was posting on the forums after his comic, Tails Gets Trolled was discovered for the first time back in its day? He would come in and interact a bit and at the time he was running some contest where he would put your character in as a minor background character and goons rushed it to get some football player in. The page he shows up in has an absolutely classic panel featuring Chunky Kong

Anyway he got bored/annoyed by goons and GOT RUN OFF like so many others. Just some old goon lore for those keeping a list of notable creators that once posted on these cool rear end forums.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

fritz posted:

Kinyras 2/2

Wait, a halcyon is a kind of bird? poo poo, it really is.

Last time: it's the police.

Shinozaki responds by gibbering. Totally fair.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sleepless Domain

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

lol irl

It looks normal at first!

E: just noticed the first panel of Stardust shows the bad guy being thwarted. Truly Fletcher Hanks was a master of narrative suspense

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Feb 28, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The third panel is the very essence of Swan Boy