Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How does the merge account work? I am trying to have the mobile account ported to steam but every time I try to request an account merge code on mobile it fails to get the code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Unlucky7 posted:

How does the merge account work? I am trying to have the mobile account ported to steam but every time I try to request an account merge code on mobile it fails to get the code.
There was a fuckup from the devs (the UID and password fields were somehow reversed apparently, so if you tried putting everything into the "proper" field you'd get an error back :lobcorp:) so they seem to have taken the whole system down for maintenance to fix it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

To anyone familiar with Ruina's EA cycle, this is about what I expected when people started having problems.

Glad they're addressing them. Also glad for another 20 pulls of stuff. :dance:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Infinity Gaia posted:

The mirror dungeon drops a ton of EXP tickets. Also people have found out that you can't get shards out of it anymore after your 5 weekly special runs, which means Limbus has the dubious honor of being the actual stingiest gacha I've ever seen. Even the absolute depths of the depths gacha have some sort of repeatable way to get rolling currency, and Limbus not only doesn't but also prevents you from grinding the stuff for the guaranteed drops in any kind of reasonable timeframe.

...what gachas have you played that lets you infinitely grind gacha currency? I've never seen one because if you did that you'd have a subset of players who would grind for years. All I've ever seen are one time rewards and daily/weeklie/monthly stuff.

Also someone on reddit analyzed the prices and funnily enough, the game cost's for a 10 roll is around 13$... which sadly enough is cheaper than most gachas which hover at 31~$. And packs seem decent.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Making my way through chapter 3 and while nothing's as outright hard as Aira was I am semi-consistently ending fights with 1 Sinner dead.

Anyway, it's interesting to see something approaching actual prejudice in the City, even if City prosthetics are way more high-powered than our ones in our world.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

...what gachas have you played that lets you infinitely grind gacha currency?

Every game I've played would give you some currency in exchange for doing dailies—the Lunacy equivalent. Just giving Egoshards on their own is already kinda weird.

Since you can't get more egoshards outside of the five weekly clears it limits you to a maximum of 25 boxes of 1-3 random shards each (or you can pick someone but it's only 15), and given the importance of improving your IDs via using thread... The pulls are less costly, but I'm going to have to see how the experience plays out as a battle pass only user, myself. It feels like we're gonna run out of Lunacy... maddeningly quickly. :v:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Account merging works now. I was able to put my rerolled android account into my steam account. :toot:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The free Lunacy and ticket pull just got me G Corp Gregor and Seven Ryoshu.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Game is interesting but it sure does crash a lot on my phone. Shame it doesn't remember where you were in a fight when it does.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

w corp mersault is no joke

e: he took 8 damage, too

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Colin Mockery posted:

Account merging works now. I was able to put my rerolled android account into my steam account. :toot:

Glad to hear it. I'm in iOS update jail on my phone (it still only shows version 1.0) but I'll link it asap.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Went back and did the Aida fight fast enough to get the EX Mission done, which also got me the more general chapter stuff. That gave me enough for another pull, and that got me Shi Don Quixote!

Anyway, I feel like I should ask: How have the stories made you feel about Gregor and Rodion (as the leads of chapters 1 and 2)? What intrigues you about the new lore?

For me, the interesting thing is that the Identity Story's narrator calls the Sinners "Children". Honestly the tone makes me wonder if Carmen is watching/narrating them.

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Unlucky7 posted:

Has anyone else ran into an issue on mobile where you try to go to the Canto 1 map but it just goes to a black screen with the background music still playing?

Yes, this happened to me as well. The solution that I found was, and I kid you not, to change my computers Region Format to Japan. I've heard that the US also works, though.
Note that this is for the computer, I have no clue how to fix similair issues on mobile.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

On mobile you just change the System Language to English and that fixes it pretty much every time, I've heard.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I love this horrible gremlins so much, especially Sinclairs first real big moment in the second chapter.

Also the AU stuff with the Identities has some interesting shared lore for the skins with the same names (or similar names).

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
On chapter 2. I've DMed groups that have the same propensity to eschew the plan and get their murder on at the drop of a hat. It's great.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Welp, apparently my cool 000 crew with color synergy makes triggering the single EGO pull I got impossible.

code:
meursault			3x envy		2x gloom	1x pride
hong lu				3x envy		2x lust		1x gluttony
sinclair			3x gluttony	2x wrath	1x pride
ryoshu				3x gluttony	2x pride	1x lust
heathcliff			3x wrath	2x gluttony	1x envy

yi sang (reserve)		3x pride	2x wrath	1x envy
Is the meursault EGO (req 3 sloth, 1 gloom, 2 pride) a total waste with this composition? Would I be best dropping down to 00 characters to be able to online it, or just ignore it for now until I find a better synergy? Or am I fundamentally misunderstanding something because lol I have no idea what I'm doing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I've made it into chapter 2

God bless these glorious morons.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Is there any reason not to take the fastest possible path through a dungeon? It seems that EGOs only appear at "event" rooms, not normal combat rooms.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

The Lord of Hats posted:

I've made it into chapter 2

God bless these glorious morons.

Hah chapter 2 had me laughing and I can't believe the mariachi actually plays into the plot.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Is there any reason not to take the fastest possible path through a dungeon? It seems that EGOs only appear at "event" rooms, not normal combat rooms.

Seems like it so far to me.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Having just finished Ch1, yeah this is a Project Moon story for sure. Can't wait for the game to try and sell me on the best worst persons.

...that is, if I resist the urge to reroll for an EGO instead of these identities.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I was looking in the dispensary and went man, i could really use kurokumo ryoshu with my team, and outis ego looks so cool
then i did the 10-pull and both were in it. ok.

It also took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that support passive existed. Remember, if you have a UT3 identity, and you're not actively using a different one on that sinner, you should have the UT3 one equipped for the support passive.

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015

Junpei posted:

Went back and did the Aida fight fast enough to get the EX Mission done, which also got me the more general chapter stuff. That gave me enough for another pull, and that got me Shi Don Quixote!

Anyway, I feel like I should ask: How have the stories made you feel about Gregor and Rodion (as the leads of chapters 1 and 2)? What intrigues you about the new lore?

For me, the interesting thing is that the Identity Story's narrator calls the Sinners "Children". Honestly the tone makes me wonder if Carmen is watching/narrating them.

In the scene you get for maxing lobcorb Faust the narrator says "she once worked for the company where my children resided".

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If I jump in when I get home anything I should know? Do we need to reroll?

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As soon as Yuri mentioned she used to be a nugget I know she was doomed but it still hurts a bit because she was cool. :(

Zotix posted:

If I jump in when I get home anything I should know? Do we need to reroll?

You don't have to but it couldn't hurt, since it's so quick and easy.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

It's a gacha, some rerolling is advisable. In this case, for once, there's no sensible approach to a tier list or anything, just try to beat EV on your starter pulls and get something nice for your favorite if you have one. It's quick at least - guest account, skip tutorial, pulls, delete account from the in-game menu. Only rough spot is that as of last night guest accounts weren't saving on client close and there's a 7-day Grace period on deleted linked accounts, so it's going to be tougher to keep a stable of candidate accounts while you keep fishing unless you do the multi-instance emulator thing.

Personally I called it good as soon as I beat EV with both Ryusho and Rodya 3*s included, but part of me wishes I'd kept trying to add Don to the list. Don is great.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Faust's ex-LobCorp Identity's third skill is bonkers. +8 modifier, 2 coins, and it gets more power if she wasn't hurt last turn so if you get it turn 1, after a turn where she won all her clashes or, in a dungeon/Abno fight, you had her focus on attacking one-sided (and she has some Haste on another skill so she can pick her clashes fairly easily then), she can get that really consistently.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Thread common amongst the characters in that I can use Thread that I purchased with Gregor's Egoshards on, say, Ishmael?

Speaking of Greg, while he is awesome, I think I need to start rolling on the Standard Banner a bit more to try to diversify a bit.

I love these violent idiots, but I need to brush up on my literary references. I only know who half of what they are from, if I am being generous.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Account merging seems down again?

I'm just about to finish chapter 1 and liking it! I think I'll probably want to play this on the computer if I have access to one just because all the text is so tiny.

Is there a way to farm threads for uptying or should I be redeeming egoshards?

Edit: Forgot to update :negative:

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 28, 2023

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The only other source of threads besides converting shards appears to be a small handful from the (paid) battlepass.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

RoboCicero posted:

Account merging seems down again?

I'm just about to finish chapter 1 and liking it! I think I'll probably want to play this on the computer if I have access to one just because all the text is so tiny.

Is there a way to farm threads for uptying or should I be redeeming egoshards?

Are you on iOS? We do not get the update until tomorrow so I imagine it would work then.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
...and now the game turns into a roguelite. Does... Project Moon know how Gatchas are supposed to work? You aren't supposed to make them this good!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

gently caress, the enemies heal every turn in chapter 3 :negative:

Looks like I'm going to have to grind a bit more on the mirror dungeon to overpower their drat heal.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Unlucky7 posted:

I love these violent idiots, but I need to brush up on my literary references. I only know who half of what they are from, if I am being generous.

Yi Sang

No chance you were getting this one unless you speak Korean--Yi Sang was a Korean poet, who wrote the short surrealist novel The Wings, which does open with the line "Have you ever seen a stuffed genius?". The viewpoint character is never named, which is probably why Yi Sang is named for the author, as opposed to a character.

I'll be honest, even if I knew Korean fluently (as opposed to not at all), this book would probably be beyond my ability to properly communicate. But it's significant in the literary history of Korea.

Faust

This one you probably got, because the German legend of Faust is ingrained in our culture to the point of being an adjective! In the legend, the scholar Faust trades his soul to the demon Mephistopheles in exchange for knowledge, worldly power, and earthly pleasure. The ending of the story varies--in some, he's able to redeem himself in the eyes of God, in others a deal's a deal, off to hell with you, that was a stupid bargain to make. Kind of depends on the teller's theological bent.

This is the kind of attitude that fits well in the city, and with someone who made a bus engine that eats people. Faust is a "knowledge at any price" kind of person.

Don Quixote

Another case where the namesake character is the titular character of their work, The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha, written by Miguel Cervantes, is an early 17th century novel about a man who read so many chivalric romances that he became obsessed with their ideas and decided to live them out himself, with a general demeanor and point of view that was out of its time even then, and was probably never a real thing. He's so caught up in his ideals and story that he's basically detached from reality. It has at varying times been interpreted as a comedy--because he is humorous, as social commentary--all that talk of chivalry and how people act has to be saying something, and as a tragedy--a good (albeit misguided) man fighting against a cruel and uncaring world. Like Faust, he also has an adjective--quixotic!

Ryoshu

Ryoshu's name comes from Japanese short story The Hell Screen, in which a warlord commissions an artist to paint a folding screen depicting the Buddhist Hell, and takes the artist's daughter captive as collateral to make sure it is done. The artist puts his everything into the piece, including torturing assistants to death as reference for the piece. Things get increasingly terrible, and eventually the artist's daughter is killed as inspiration for the piece, which the artist finishes before committing suicide. What a cheerful tale about art!

Ryoshu isn't named after the artist, she's named after the warlord (iirc). The kind of person who would want such a vile piece of art, though she seems the type to make it herself.

Meursault

Meursault comes from the French novella L'Etranger by Camus--or The Stranger, in English. That Meursault is a settler in French Algeria, and a very cold and generally indifferent person--he puts people off at his mother's funeral when he doesn't show any particular grief, doesn't really bother to remember exactly when it was that she died, and then goes and hooks up with a woman like a day later. Various things happen in the first half of the book, which comes to abrupt stop when Meursault kills a man--his internal monologue at the time being about how hot it is outside and how the sun is in his eyes.

The second half consists of his trial--which is less about the facts of his case, because he doesn't deny the shooting, and more about judging him as unfit for society because of his lack of compassion for his dead mother. It's a lot about how he is viewed and judged by society at large. He is sentenced to death, and berates a priest who is arguing for clemency on his behalf. As he lies on death row, he thinks about how, all told, he's happy.

What I'm saying is Meursault is definitely going to up and do something horrible out of absolute nowhere at some point.

Hong Lu

Hong Lu comes from Dream of the Red Chamber, an 18th century Chinese novel by Cao Xuequin. It's also known as The Story of the Stone, because the framing device is about a stone that is reincarnated as a human to learn about human existence. The bulk of the novel is about a rich noble family, and their slow decline from the height of their fortune over the decades.

Kinda like with Yi Sang, I can't really say a whole lot about this one, but it's a Chinese classic.

Heathcliff

Heathcliff comes from Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte. That Heathcliff is an orphan adopted by a rich family. The story has a lot of interpersonal drama that's kind of hard to summarize, especially given that I haven't personally read it. But the upshot is that there's a lot that makes Heathcliff come to resent the class divide between him and his adoptive siblings (he's in love with Catherine but look, I can't really get into all of this), and basically winds up fueled purely by spite and revenge.

Ishmael

I probably don't have to explain Hermann Melville's Moby Dick to you--it's the archetypical story of Captain Ahab's obsessive quest for revenge that is ultimately meaningless, and only serves to ruin him and all others who come into his orbit, sailing the Pequod, a whaling vessel, after the white whale that took his leg. In the end, Ishmael is the only survivor of the voyage, left to narrate what happened.

Rodion

Rodion comes from Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. It follows the story of Rodion Raskolnikov, an impoverished student who devises the perfect crime, which only he has the moral fortitude to commit, as the victim of the murder (and it is a murder, besides a robbery) is an elderly pawnbroker who is clearly deserving of a foul end, and he is clearly deserving of that money. He does the deed (with an axe) and immediately has a breakdown over killing someone, whoops.

There's a lot more that happens, obviously, but it's ultimately the story of what carrying that guilt does to Rodion and how it twists him.

Emil Sinclair

Demian, the Story of Emil Sinclair's Youth, by Hermann Hesse, is a German novel. It probably will not surprise you to learn that it's a coming-of-age-story. It also touches on gnosticism and themes of duality. This is another one I can't comment on all that much, because I haven't read it, and I strongly suspect that no summary I can find is going to do it any kind of justice. It looks like book-Emil does eventually overcoming superficiality and reaching true self-realization, though. Good for him!

The only self-realization our Emil is likely to do is realizing how good he is at murder. Sorry, kid, that's The City for you.

Outis

This one's a little oblique--in the Odyssey, by Homer, there's a point where Odysseus and his men are captured by the cyclops Polyphemus. Odysseus tricks Polyphemus and blinds him, and when Polyphemus asks his name, Odysseus gives his name as "Nobody", so that the cyclops' cries of "Nobody has blinded me" lead others to think him mad. "Nobody", in greek, transliterates as... Outis.

He then goes on to brag to Polyphemus about his real name as he escapes. This is a bad idea, because Polyphemus's dad is Poseidon, and so everyone winds up cursed, and the rest of the Odyssey can happen. Way to gently caress it up, Odysseus.

Gregor

This is another obvious one--Metamorphosis, by Franz Kafka. One morning, Gregor Samsa wakes up to find that he was been transformed into a monstrous vermin, a giant hideous beetle. Previously he had been the only one supporting his parents and sister, but having lost this stability, they actually have to, y'know, grow as people and fend for themselves. This also coincides with them increasingly resenting Gregor as a burden and neglecting him (despite all he had done for them before). Eventually, recognizing that he is unwanted, Gregor allows himself to starve to death, and is basically forgotten entirely by his family.

The parallels present in our Gregor are pretty clear, even beyond the superficials of the buggy bits. I'd say it's a well-done take on the character.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Lord of Hats posted:

Literary references

Can't believe I did not recognize Meursault, considering that I read The Stranger in high school.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Is it advisable to convert all of my shards to threads right away? I know this is extremely short term, but the boost from uptied identities seem huge and you'll be able to grind for them in mirror dungeons over the long term anyway?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I absolutely love how they nailed Don Quixote, both "constantly referencing his idols" and "beating up everyone he deludes himself into being justified" are core parts of his character in the first book at least.

...also please someone convince me not to reroll for EGO. I kinda feel like my battles are aimless just putting out identities who more or less do the same status. With Gang Leader Hong Lu or G Corp Gregor for damage. And maybe starting with a specific EGO will give me more motivation for team building.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

iirc the server problem 2x10s they gave us were 24 hours only, so probably you're not gonna have as much luck rerolling if you're off to a decent start already. That's the best I've got to offer, it's quick and painless enough that if there's something you really want to push for rerolling this early is almost pure upside. Did I miss a link for passing friend codes around already? N324370361 here, click on the Limbus Company banner in the lower left to access your profile-y stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Marluxia posted:

gently caress, the enemies heal every turn in chapter 3 :negative:

Looks like I'm going to have to grind a bit more on the mirror dungeon to overpower their drat heal.

if you were running full slash to power through 2-18 like I was you'll hit a brick wall on chapter 3
I've been managing to get EX clears by pivoting to full blunt and uptying my 00s:

oh, and if you haven't, get some whale friends and use their supports. It's Real Nice