Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

eSports Chaebol posted:

The galaxy brain take: the I/P issue is fake because there are only Khazars and Sea People so it’s nobody’s rightful land

https://youtu.be/-evIyrrjTTY

Land ownership is bullshit but at the same time please don't disown people of their land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

kiminewt posted:

https://youtu.be/-evIyrrjTTY

Land ownership is bullshit but at the same time please don't disown people of their land.

The whole unspoken goal of occupation though is that, as much as the status quo is untenable, if Israel holds on long enough, there will be a new status quo that can be defended on the grounds that changing it will be disowning innocent people again. Especially once all the refugees from 48 are dead. I don’t even necessarily disagree that that logic will hold in the future; I just think it makes it more urgent to do something soon (which also won’t happen)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Actually no one has any claim other than Walkin Pheonix as the last remaining Roman emperor.
I am sorry but those are the rules.

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

eSports Chaebol posted:

Especially once all the refugees from 48 are dead.
This reminds me of probably the single most incredible argument I occasionally see from supporters of Zionism: that Palestinian refugees need to "get over" what happened "so long ago" (i.e. still within living memory) and just identify as citizens of Jordan/Syria/etc. and stop all this "Palestine" stuff.

This coming from people propounding a narrative of two thousand years of exile and perseverance.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Enver Zogha posted:

This reminds me of probably the single most incredible argument I occasionally see from supporters of Zionism: that Palestinian refugees need to "get over" what happened "so long ago" (i.e. still within living memory) and just identify as citizens of Jordan/Syria/etc. and stop all this "Palestine" stuff.

This coming from people propounding a narrative of two thousand years of exile and perseverance.

the cutoff for empathy is june 1945

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."
You tend to see a lot of MEMRI stuff roaming the Internet, so I feel it's only responsible to spend some more time and effort looking at what's being said, currently, across Israeli media and politics. I'll update this with screenshots if it gets deleted.

https://twitter.com/FMaklada/status/1623664098922708992

https://twitter.com/judash0/status/1624000308966744064

First tweet in thread is by Israel Hayom (large free daily) political reporter, Yehuda Schlesinger. He also appears on Israeli news TV etc. The Tweet has a video of the girl with her brother trapped under rubble and says:

"In what delusional, disgusting and crazy culture does a little girl, buried in rubble, think that she will only be helped if she becomes a servant?!

Horrible."

The girl is actually saying a common phrase in Syria, the equivalent of "I will be at your service". This is pointed out in a next Tweet by Fadi who implores Yehuda to delete the Tweet and says "If you've even had a whiff of a Syrian accent you will know this phrase".

Yehuda responds by saying by essentially asking "What's the problem with saying there's child abuse in this culture?".

----

This is a modern form of blood libel following the common format in Israel of: "Arabs do not love their children as we do. Arabs exploit and abuse children as nothing. Their culture is disgusting. [We are forced, therefore to kill them]."

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64784053

loving hell, bit of an over reaction that.

Any excuse for ethnic cleansing i guess.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Holy poo poo, NPR has this guy on and he's a settler in the west bank and he's denying the violence is happening (the response) is happening at all, and denying they even came from settlements
E: this is insane and I'll have to find a link.
"It's all their own fault"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w172yfch4jcjpf1
I think this is the link. I'll check back later

E: at my computer, yes this is the link. I know you locals are rolling your eyes but rarely out here do we get it so straight from the tap like thus. Not since I was a kid and at conservative Hebrew school

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 28, 2023

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Imagine trying to compare this to BLM

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Oh, there is some weapons grade incitement to race war going on. This from Arutz Sheva (the settler news network) in an op-ed blaming the Huwara pogrom on Likud for not being anti-Palestinian enough (so the settlers had to do it themselves, I guess?)

quote:

If the terrorist gets neutralized before trial, and certainly if he has been executed, hold the corpse in custody until all Israeli prisoners of Hamas are freed. Include a pig in each terminated terrorist’s morgue drawer. Publicize to prospective Arab murderers that each of their bodies will lie with a pig corpse, perhaps for years, perhaps forever, depending on Hamas.

quote:

But remember: the rioters did the wrong thing. They all should be given fair trials and, if convicted, should be given suspended sentences and promise not to do it again.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/368068

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 1, 2023

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Ah yes, pork, the secret Mohammedan kryptonite! Surely they'll give up their fight for basic human rights if a pig could be involved!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Israel basically just doing open genocide right now and no one will do anything about (just like all their other genocidal actions against Palestinians).

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

PT6A posted:

Ah yes, pork, the secret Mohammedan kryptonite! Surely they'll give up their fight for basic human rights if a pig could be involved!

It's wild to see people who also have a pork prohibition using the 'we'll coat the bullets in pig fat!' level of racism

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Jaxyon posted:

It's wild to see people who also have a pork prohibition using the 'we'll coat the bullets in pig fat!' level of racism

It's about expressing hate. It's almost like they don't care that there's an exception for consuming pork if it's the difference between life and death.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Argas posted:

It's about expressing hate. It's almost like they don't care that there's an exception for consuming pork if it's the difference between life and death.

This exception also applies in Judaism, and in neither religion would it apply to this ghastly threat because proximity to a pig is not itself prohibited. If there's any Sharia issue here it's the indefinite postponement of the body's proper Muslim burial.

It's not supposed to be "haha we are making you violate your religion via your corpse," just a grievous cultural insult (more grievous because it functions in both cultures) and very literal dehumanization.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Civilized Fishbot posted:

This exception also applies in Judaism, and in neither religion would it apply to this ghastly threat because proximity to a pig is not itself prohibited. If there's any Sharia issue here it's the indefinite postponement of the body's proper Muslim burial.

It's not supposed to be "haha we are making you violate your religion via your corpse," just a grievous cultural insult (more grievous because it functions in both cultures) and very literal dehumanization.

I know that these types of bullets were previously advertised with the idea that the shooter is making a Muslim violate the pork prohibition so there's an aspect of sadism in it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah but that was a US thing at the height of post-9/11 melting down. Huge goyim thing.

As a jew, even non-practicing, first thing I think of hearing that of israeli jews is "folks you have to know that isn't how it works"

Second is, "well, not that surprising, bigots gonna bigot"

Idk about devout muslims but in the Talmud I'm pretty sure it says "don't breed pigs to be safe" but like you could have a pet pig and give it all the cuddles and be fine, and that's before people murdering you shoving pig carcass into your morgue slot. Why are these jews even having all these pig carcasses?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
yes, it doesn't as a religious violation if its forced or necessary for survival. there even were fatwas for crypto-muslims in spain in the 1500s that said they were allowed to drink alcohol and eat pork if it preserved their safety

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Argas posted:

I know that these types of bullets were previously advertised with the idea that the shooter is making a Muslim violate the pork prohibition so there's an aspect of sadism in it.

Yeah, iirc there were actually one or two companies literally putting this stuff in their advertising post-9/11, real despicable mask-off poo poo.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

You would think Jews would know from just, like, introspection that pork-fat bullets wouldn't deter the IDF. Are they going to hand over Jerusalem if Muslims start pelting them with water balloons filled with bacon grease?

It's just pure racial hatred. I mean it was when Americans did it too, but here they don't even have the Americans' excuse of being so stupid they could really think pork is Muslim kryptonite

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah but that was a US thing at the height of
Idk about devout muslims but in the Talmud I'm pretty sure it says "don't breed pigs to be safe" but like you could have a pet pig and give it all the cuddles and be fine, and that's before people murdering you shoving pig carcass into your morgue slot. Why are these jews even having all these pig carcasses?

Talmud is fun stuff

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The deputy mayor of Toronto talkin' about that IHRA definition of 'antisemitism'. Real disappointing poo poo.

https://twitter.com/McKelvieTO/status/1631759467581693952

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Mister Speaker posted:

The deputy mayor of Toronto talkin' about that IHRA definition of 'antisemitism'. Real disappointing poo poo.

This poo poo destroyed british politics for a generation lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/yddatg/status/1632134835245285376

https://mobile.twitter.com/yddatg/status/1632219292195344386

I'm not exactly sure this is true

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The outrage is going to spread the message even further, that is quite the effective poster in the end.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mister Speaker posted:

I'd laugh if the ad were placed, for example, by Satmar Jews, who reject the legitimacy of Israel on religious grounds. I disagree with that group on a number of levels, but I don't think there's any way to claim they are either anti-Semitic and/or not Jewish.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

PT6A posted:

I'd laugh if the ad were placed, for example, by Satmar Jews, who reject the legitimacy of Israel on religious grounds. I disagree with that group on a number of levels, but I don't think there's any way to claim they are either anti-Semitic and/or not Jewish.

Oh, zionists will find a way. I took some photos of a protest that some of the Neturei Karta bigwigs attended. Some of the comments they were getting from zionists were heartbreaking; one older woman stuck her finger in this young guy's face and said "you should have been sent to the gas chambers first" or something to that effect. It really is just about using religion as a cover for hatred.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-733395
https://twitter.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1632299430987571202
https://twitter.com/AnshelPfeffer/status/1632300937220960256

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i wonder if there's any overlap between the settler pig rustlers and those weirdo American evangelicals that convert and deliberately seek out settlements to join

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i wonder if there's any overlap between the settler pig rustlers and those weirdo American evangelicals that convert and deliberately seek out settlements to join

that one guy from brooklyn that was on video stealing that family's house a couple years back definitely gave off epic bacon vibes

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Also the white South Africans who suddenly find the wisdom and beauty of the Torah just in time to move to a settlement.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

judging from the words of that (translated and also mostly paywalled) haaretz article the air force pilots are protesting the governments judicial reform, right? the article said the word the pilots used was "coup" which is language ive seen in english language reporting.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't know how much people in this thread pay attention to any of the other politics going on in Israel, but even aside from the whole crimes against humanity thing, Israel's national politics seem to be pretty much a trashfire.

Basically the current "controversial judicial reform" is getting rid of judicial review, which is one of the key aspects of an independent judiciary, and an independent judiciary is kind of one of the core aspects of the concept of modern democracy. Trying to gut it is a pretty big deal, and a severe powergrab. Part of the deal is even giving Netanyahu's party the authority to appoint judges, which is big because they have a very shaky hold on the legislation otherwise, so it gives a new dimension to how much they can control the country's government.

Put it into even more specific contest, Netanhayu is just a really corrupt guy (bribes, fraud, that kind of thing), he bounced out of office last time on charges of corruption, and he only narrowly squeaked out of those charges on a plea deal (that I think he's currently in violation of?). He has a lot to gain by gutting the judiciary so he doesn't have to risk legal consequences again. Netanyahu also has a number of similarly corrupt allies that have the same to gain from gutting the judiciary.

I think I've seen other headlines of people associated with the army protesting or indicating that they don't support the reform or might go against the government if they go through with it. It seems like good odds of some kind of poo poo kicking off if Netanyahu doesn't back down, but god knows what form that would take.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I assume there's also a lot of friction between the IDF and the ultraorthadox parties in the current government

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I dunno about that, the leading religious parties have shown themselves to be entirely mercenary and hardly ever let any supposed principles stand in the way of graft.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

i say swears online posted:

I assume there's also a lot of friction between the IDF and the ultraorthadox parties in the current government

Right now the IDF only cares about one thing and it starts with "I" and ends with "ran".

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

By popular demand posted:

I dunno about that, the leading religious parties have shown themselves to be entirely mercenary and hardly ever let any supposed principles stand in the way of graft.

so they're gonna make orthodox kids serve? I bet not

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not in great numbers, but I could definitely see them signing on a symbolic number of recruits if that significantly increased their political power and thus possibilities for skimming off the treasury.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
lol

https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1635015779992367106?s=20

Love the reply guys trying their best to make up reasons why this is totally different from BDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Where were these champions of enlightened capital and Jewish morals in the last two decades?

Not that I'm not pleased they actually do something now but still.