Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Vanguard Deploys Very Special Weapon Finders to Neptune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
New build/mod system sucks rear end unfortunately

The little goobers only give you cooldown on one specific ability, and they stuck with the old elemental affinity concept where void goober gives you class energy, arc goober gives you melee, and solar goober gives you grenade

So Arc Grenade Builds are forbidden, because Arc is the Melee Subclass in Bungie's mind

The elemental goobers give you Armor Charge (the new version of charged with light) but there was a glaring omission -

Stasis Shards do not give armor charge, and there is no mod that makes them give armor charge. In other words, no new version of Elemental Shards

Stasis is dead in PvE. They actually nerfed it lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

New build/mod system sucks rear end unfortunately

The little goobers only give you cooldown on one specific ability, and they stuck with the old elemental affinity concept where void goober gives you class energy, arc goober gives you melee, and solar goober gives you grenade

So Arc Grenade Builds are forbidden, because Arc is the Melee Subclass in Bungie's mind

The elemental goobers give you Armor Charge (the new version of charged with light) but there was a glaring omission -

Stasis Shards do not give armor charge, and there is no mod that makes them give armor charge. In other words, no new version of Elemental Shards

Stasis is dead in PvE. They actually nerfed it lol

It’s bad

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

There is a thing in the guardian ranks that says it unlocks more mods once you do some nightfalls. There could be more to unlock in the other ranks too, but who knows.

First thing I did was accidentally make a load out with whatever I had equipped when the mission loaded, then after carefully looking over everything and equipping mods in every slot I went to save it and... accidentally hit x to equip the blank load out instead of holding square to overwrite it. Probably won't make that mistake dozens of times in the future!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The elemental goobers give you Armor Charge (the new version of charged with light)

Which mod is this? I know there’s one that gives you armor charge when picking up an orb of power, but I couldn’t find on that’s “void breaches/fire sprites, etc give armor charge”

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Is it shadowkeep bad or curse of Osiris bad

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Panderfringe posted:

Is it shadowkeep bad or curse of Osiris bad

Curse of Osiris didn’t even pretend to offer complexity so not that bad, but on the other hand maybe worse since it’s a regression and CoO was at least better than vanilla?

Maybe I won’t care once Strand is unlocked.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
neomuna looks cool and the worldbuilding and changes in the tower are v cool

calus' stupid villain chat is fun

so far titan strand feels completely undifferentiated from anything else. boring subclass

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

dodgeblan posted:

calus' stupid villain chat is fun

so far titan strand feels completely undifferentiated from anything else. boring subclass

Kidding me? It feels fantastic to levitate dudes into the air and mid-air ora ora them.

Titan strand owns.

lmao I also couldn't look away

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

dodgeblan posted:

neomuna has convinced me, beyond what any lorebrain could otherwise convince me of, that The Collapse happened at the peak of 70's chic interior design.

i don't hate it!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SgtSteel91 posted:

Which mod is this? I know there’s one that gives you armor charge when picking up an orb of power, but I couldn’t find on that’s “void breaches/fire sprites, etc give armor charge”

Looks like it's a seasonal artifact perk. It's only for Solar, so at least they're equal in that regard

However, Stasis requires you to sacrifice one of your two Aspects slots in order to generate Shards, and Shards don't do anything that Arc Goobers already do, and there are no mods to further enhance Stasis Shards. It's no bueno

Buildcrafting is going to be the Topic of Note for the next several weeks. There's... not really anything to build into? The mod system is incredibly wide & shallow, even counting the locked mods

I also don't love the concept of 'oh I picked up an Orb/Goober, I better hurry up FAST to the next group of adds while the timer is still active'
Reminds me of Diablo 3 trying to time CoE ring rotations

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Is HOiL still worth a grab out of the vault?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

LionYeti posted:

Is HOiL still worth a grab out of the vault?

It's still good, not OP like it once was

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I also don't love the concept of 'oh I picked up an Orb/Goober, I better hurry up FAST to the next group of adds while the timer is still active'
Reminds me of Diablo 3 trying to time CoE ring rotations

Oh... oh no. Not again :smith:.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
why did they do the same mistake as Europa where they put the one landing zone in a non combat area away from the actual zones

guarantee we're going to be running in and out of the typhon imperator (exact opposite the landing zone) a million times

except this one's maybe worse, because it's up on top of a giant cliff like the artifact's edge zone on nessus, so you gotta do a big drop before you can actually get going

e; all the zones look real cool. haven't done much exploring but v. pretty

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So Arc Titan was nerfed at the end of Plunder, nerfed again halfway through Seraph, then they obliterated HOIL, and now buildcrafting doesn't even let you get extra grenade energy unless you're solar. Is this the most nerfed build of all time?

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
seemed like there was something fishy going on with the keys in the first mission... did anyone try backtracking to open some weird doors?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pirate Jet posted:

So Arc Titan was nerfed at the end of Plunder, nerfed again halfway through Seraph, then they obliterated HOIL, and now buildcrafting doesn't even let you get extra grenade energy unless you're solar. Is this the most nerfed build of all time?

Arc is the Melee color, silly

With your hands

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I just did a monoelement build with siphons, +weapon damage, and the armour charge timer extensions for an easy set it and forget it kind of thing. It's a lot of orbs, feels decent enough for now.

Stasis bow is pretty cool and more strategic than ticuu's brainlessness. Still waiting to see how quick strand is to unlock, I've found some doodads to throw in a poo pond somewhere to get aspects of whatever once that's unlocked.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

It shows that Bungie doesn’t actually design intentionally around youtubers, as this effectively removes the need for anything like a build video

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I don't get where all this chat is coming from with regards to grenades and grenade builds, there's still a lot of the same options that were available before. Your ground pickups may not be as potent or multitargeted as 48 hours ago but you can still buildcraft into, again as an example, lots of grenades, without too much trouble.

I'm doing the legendary campaign on Arc hunter which means I'm getting no extra perk support from the artifact right now and playing this subclass feels 100% identical to WQ and it's still ferociously powerful - moreso now that I can easily break all shields. There has never been a moment mid-encounter so far where I needed an ability and didn't have it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I wish one of these characters would tell me what the loving Veil is!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
this kinda sucks rear end for me, the person who likes space magic and hates guns, but there's still plenty of subclass/exotic combos that loop their ability uptime without having to rely on wells and well mods. hunter is probably the best off here: you don't have to care about cooldowns with gyrfalcons void, liars handshake or assassin cowl arc, or young ahamkara solar (at least in content where you can oneshot things with knife trick)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Can't you just go all in on orbs and grenade kickstarts? Is there an internal/hidden cool down cause if not it's pretty easy to get the three orbs to activate it again.

Also wondering just how much stat the bonus is when armour charged, if that helps at all

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Panderfringe posted:

That's the neat part! If there's no rules, then it is whatever the writers want it to be!

I think the only rule is that it is shaped by the one with the strongest will?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

It's a thing you wear over your face OP.

Nimbus is whack.

The Just Cause 2 grappling hook is awesome.

The NeoLuna graphics seem kinda flat? The road textures seem not that great tbh.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the problem is that matching color wells gave 10% ability charge to everything, while subclass doohickies recharge only one ability and orbs of power recharge jack poo poo. also, bountiful wells is RIP and everything is slot-locked anyway, so in the old system you could pop 5 wells out of a grenade kill or whatever and now you can't.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Reiterpallasch posted:

the problem is that matching color wells gave 10% ability charge to everything, while subclass doohickies recharge only one ability and orbs of power recharge jack poo poo. also, bountiful wells is RIP and everything is slot-locked anyway, so in the old system you could pop 5 wells out of a grenade kill or whatever and now you can't.

And even if you could, that grenade kill would only recharge your class item or melee in most cases

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm still downloading 87 gigs lol but is the missile origin perk any good? The guns on light.gg look kinda buttcheeks though the seasonal bow looks cool. Shame about Stasis though.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Also shout out to Shadow Legion Centurion from quest step two, first guy in the universe to use Strand

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Are you picking up unstable energy again?
Uh… How often does that happen???
TOO OFTEN!

Got a good chuckle out of me.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Oooh dangerous content for the destiny thread

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

mission 4: double tormenter in a tiny room, ow

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

oh, I was sad they took out the ace of spades plaque on the ground near zavala, but they did even better

now there's a whole Cayde-6 statue bust with a eulogies from several characters

and a rooster hanging around

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

mission 4: double tormenter in a tiny room, ow

Void hunter wins again. :smug:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Dammit, finally remembered what the Cloud Striders remind me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdtcK1Qs2K4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FlapYoJacks posted:

Void hunter wins again. :smug:

Can't wait to get hone from work so I can slam some void orbs with the Ruinous Effigy on my void hunter.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seems like you can't be higher than rank 6 upon login.

Pirate Jet posted:

It's a relic! That's all they said.

Reiterpallasch posted:

Orbs can recharge nades, melee, and all abilities now. Getting stupid uptime on solar abilities. Then class ability recharges them too.

RBX fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The codpiece stayed on.