Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

:crossarms: Based on what, Mr. Musk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just recently noticed I can't click on embedded videos on tweets

Normally they would just load on whatever site/page I'm on and they'd play

Now they pop up in a new tab and play there

Just a hilariously bad end user experience

Thank you lord musk

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Are there any famous chuds named Alfred or something? So we can trick Elon that he would really own the libs if he named his new AI Al in his honor?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he stole this one too

just goes to show you can't accuse Elon Musk of making anything himself

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Maybe Elon's twitter account is already being run by BasedAI and (lacking access to any kind of conventional weapons) it's trying to kill us all via second hand embarrassment?

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

kazil posted:

lol he stole this one too

just goes to show you can't accuse Elon Musk of making anything himself

Surely that picture was created in the hope that Senpai Elon would steal it? It's like the perfect Elon bait, it's his exact lame sense of humor and it's fluffing his sense of importance as a powerful thinker and memer.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Of course they have patches for Orange County, one of the few places I've seen skinheads in SoCal.

Also, the bootlicking is incredible.

I'm sure "HH" just means heavy handed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Offler posted:

Surely that picture was created in the hope that Senpai Elon would steal it? It's like the perfect Elon bait, it's his exact lame sense of humor and it's fluffing his sense of importance as a powerful thinker and memer.

of course

I do like that his one attempt to actually make a meme (the spider-man IRA one) he couldn't even be bothered to go to a meme template website that puts your text on the pictures

He really is a 50 something year old man trying to be a cool kid

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Raced AI: The only thing AI to be endorsed by Stormfront and the GOP

I wish one of these rich motherfuckers would work on a better virtual assistant rather than AI. Siri is a good start but I want ScarJo’s voice in my ear while she takes care of everything.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Heh heh heh, "based" you guys! Ha, this is so easy! Everyone finally loves me, and it's all because of this one little word! Hey, everyone! I'm "based"! Isn't that based?! Ha! Ha ha! Everyone! Everyone? I'm, based?

Guys?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Songbearer posted:

Heh heh heh, "based" you guys! Ha, this is so easy! Everyone finally loves me, and it's all because of this one little word! Hey, everyone! I'm "based"! Isn't that based?! Ha! Ha ha! Everyone! Everyone? I'm, based?

Guys?

It's like he's stuck in the Captain Pike beepy chair from Star Trek only instead of Yes and No, he can only respond with Based, Woke, and Cringe.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
That's "sleep on the floor for Elmo" Esther

https://twitter.com/BlakeTapper/status/1629977902103117824

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Guys?

You can read this post in the voice of any MST3K actor or actress and it works.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Steadiman posted:

yeah but this one is BASED! you see?

sidenote I really, really hate the word "based". It's such a stupid word and I still don't fully get what it's supposed to mean, nor do I care to learn

That’s pretty lazy bro. All you have to do is open up a dictionary. It’s right there between bartle skeet and bash.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Goddamn, he is so loving lame !! That meme would be a lot funnier if instead of a dog, it was a giant dick and pair of testicles. He's so bad at this. Oh wait, I forgot he didn't make it himself. Never mind. Good job stealing some stupid poo poo eloin. It's what you're good at.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

are people seriously still falling for this

there's not that much video of elon talking vaguely about crypto so the scam keep rehashing this one video endlessly

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Weelon! where are we at with basic AI?

You're kidding me. You said you were looking into it! Have you done anything besides Twitter yourself the past few days? time is money! Bing AI is eating our lunch right now!

Yes, I saw the doge meme. Look, Elon, whether your "meme game is strong" is beside the point here. Your meme game doesn't pay the bills. KKKai does. If we don't have a fully-functioning chatbot fawning over Hitler and shouting racial slurs into the void by next week, the Mercers are going to have my nuts in a vice!

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

repiv posted:

there's not that much video of elon talking vaguely about crypto so the scam keep rehashing this one video endlessly

Dude’s entire persona is pretty much what a bad deepfake looks like anyway so yeah it tracks.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

repiv posted:

It worked on me. When I saw Elon's face, I instinctively went to punch my monitor, but my hand slipped and I bought $24,000 of titcoin.

hold on I just got an email containing an "important message about your titcoin account". I'd better look into this....

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bobcats posted:

Dude’s entire persona is pretty much what a bad deepfake looks like anyway so yeah it tracks.

At least the people deepfaking Elon to make it sound like he's talking about Bionicle and Overwatch or who his favorite My Little Pony was are succeeding in making him sound like a human being, which is more than actual Elon can muster.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1621544497388875777

So when is this happening

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Today

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

as soon as twitter gets some ad revenue to share!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Looking into it .

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I swear at one time the “read the rest of the conversation on Twitter” with the users avatar next to it meant there were more tweets in the thread by the same person.

Lately I click it’s all replies.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
lol isn’t Musk like a decade late to the game? Don’t most creators make the big bucks from actual direct advertising deals with actual businesses, merch sales, Patreon and Twitch subscriptions, etc.

You can still certainly make money from ad sales but Twitter’s actual engagement is dog poo poo from memory so…

Edit: The only creators I can think of that actively benefit from Twitter are fanartists so I guess Musk wants to bleed more money to attract creators that were already on the platform?

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 1, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

jeffreyw posted:

lol isn’t Musk like a decade late to the game? Don’t most creators make the big bucks from actual direct advertising deals with actual businesses, merch sales, Patreon and Twitch subscriptions, etc.

You can still certainly make money from ad sales but Twitter’s actual engagement is dog poo poo from memory so…

Yeah, with twitter ad sales way down, and musk just generally being incredibly cheap, it's highly unlikely most, even "successful" "creators" will see more than a dollar or two a year from this, if that. Make it hard for people to actually get that cash to their bank accounts as well, and a lot of people may not even bother redeeming it if it's just a few cents or what not.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Make it hard for people to actually get that cash to their bank accounts as well, and a lot of people may not even bother redeeming it if it's just a few cents or what not.

usually platforms won't let you cash out small amounts at all, e.g. for youtube you need to make $100 before you can get any of it

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I'd be surprised if you can cash out at all. At best it'll be some scam cryptocurrency that you can sell at a shady exchange. Most likely it'll just be Twitter Coins you can use to pay for the monthly sub or give emoji stickers to other users or whatever.

E: can you imagine new Twitter complying with international tax laws and providing tax forms and poo poo? No way, not happening. There will be no real money involved.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

apparently the rev share system is actually live, at least for some users?

initial results are not promising though lol

https://twitter.com/kevinbparry/status/1630198853050695685

https://twitter.com/kevinbparry/status/1630344784907755525

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

dr_rat posted:

Yeah, with twitter ad sales way down, and musk just generally being incredibly cheap, it's highly unlikely most, even "successful" "creators" will see more than a dollar or two a year from this, if that. Make it hard for people to actually get that cash to their bank accounts as well, and a lot of people may not even bother redeeming it if it's just a few cents or what not.

Also the idea of handing your personal and banking info over to a notoriously insecure platform that has repeatedly just given user data to second rate “journalists”, and where employees can even read your private messages, seems like an insanely bad idea.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

repiv posted:

usually platforms won't let you cash out small amounts at all, e.g. for youtube you need to make $100 before you can get any of it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Watch him call his Closed AI "ELAIN".

Also wouldn't a "Closed" AI be really poo poo because it infers a limited training sample? Yes, I know, Elon being involved means the answer is "Yes"....

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the AI will be trained only on the culmination of mankind's culture and knowledge - that is, musk's tweets.

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also wouldn't a "Closed" AI be really poo poo because it infers a limited training sample? Yes, I know, Elon being involved means the answer is "Yes"....

it's closed in the sense that you absolutely cannot see behind the curtain, but you can be sure it is furiously scraping the entire internet irrespective of any attempts to stop it

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
copyright? i'll copy it all right

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He's going to call it Skynet thinking he's clever and abandon the idea in 3 months when gets bored of it like he did Pravda.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He's going to call it X

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Data Graham posted:

He's going to call it X

No, X, the everything app, has been delayed by 3-5 years while his focus shifts to AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It'll be called ChatGOPT

His private version that he'll use as his digital assistant will be called Grimes