Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I'm C497720635. Please be my friend. :ohdear:

I only have G Corp Gregor uptied to level 2 right now, but now that I've started farming the Mirror Dungeon, I'm hoping to uptie the rest of my 000s at some point too.

Also, big thanks to everyone who's been posting about the lore, I appreciate it a lot. I couldn't get through Lobotomy Corp because it was too hard for me, and I'm bad at paying attention to cutscenes, but I really like the setting and Project Moon's general style, so getting things in a format I can consume when I'm not busy trying to play the game helps a lot.

EDIT: Also the weekly missions expire in 22 hours so if that means Thursday (or Friday KST, I guess) is when the new week starts, it might be worth grinding out all 5 of your mirror dungeon runs before it resets, if you haven't yet.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I'm holding onto my shards for as long as I can, til we have a better idea of the economy, but if you've gotten, like, G Corp Gregor and his EGO there's probably no reason to hold onto his shards

its likely the rodion banner is next?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
We posting friend codes? Mine is G911629813

studio mujahideen posted:

I'm holding onto my shards for as long as I can, til we have a better idea of the economy, but if you've gotten, like, G Corp Gregor and his EGO there's probably no reason to hold onto his shards

its likely the rodion banner is next?

Also relevant to shards: if you go to the inventory menu you can see the egoshards' item name and it specifically says season 1. Meaning hoarding egoshards now in the hopes of having enough to buy some future Gregor identity/EGO on release is probably out of the cards.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I'm just burning all my shards for Uptying immediately, because if the game doesn't do something to make the economy there reasonable then I'm not sticking around long-term anyway. Remember, if you're joining now when even if you throw absolutely everything into uptying then you'll have more than someone that joins later, between the 20-pull "sorry the servers went down" pull and the prereg rewards. If you can't just fling all your extra gifts into Uptying now and still build up a reasonable stockpile for later things, then the game economy is hosed and it's doomed anyway, so why plan for the long-term?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It only costs 20 thread to uptie to level 2, and 100 (total) to get to level 3. If each Mirror dungeon averages 10 Ego Shards from picking the 5 random boxes as a reward, then you should be getting on average 50 thread per week just from that.

So that's on average 2 weeks of farming to max out a character's uptie level, before any extra shards you get from pulls.

That doesn't seem too bad, honestly? I haven't done it yet, but two weeks is way more generous than any sort of "you need to pull the exact character again several times from the gacha" nonsense that I've seen in other games.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Been enjoying the game a lot: If anybody wants a random well-off whale on their friends list for 6th slot Support abuse, I'm M677099310.

TeeQueue posted:

To anyone familiar with Ruina's EA cycle, this is about what I expected when people started having problems.

Glad they're addressing them. Also glad for another 20 pulls of stuff. :dance:

Also I wanted to ask here in General: Is it just me or is the name of a certain boss' crew mentioned in late Chapter 2 kinda... familiar? :hmm:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Einander posted:

I'm just burning all my shards for Uptying immediately, because if the game doesn't do something to make the economy there reasonable then I'm not sticking around long-term anyway. Remember, if you're joining now when even if you throw absolutely everything into uptying then you'll have more than someone that joins later, between the 20-pull "sorry the servers went down" pull and the prereg rewards. If you can't just fling all your extra gifts into Uptying now and still build up a reasonable stockpile for later things, then the game economy is hosed and it's doomed anyway, so why plan for the long-term?

I mean, I have nearly 100 gregor shards, and I still have like 5k lunacy banked. its not completely out of the window that I could hit 400 before the end of season one, thats what I mean

probably not though, but imo its worth being somewhat cautious, especially if we get more free draws for maintenance stuff

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

If we're doing friend codes, mine is L197211059

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
X369627650 is mine, I've got some pretty good stuff.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
My code is I958412922. I don't have any Rank 3 OOO Identities but I do have a bunch of Rank 3 OO ones-Seven Yi Sang, WARP Faust, LobCorp Faust, Liu Meursault, Kurokumo Hong Lu, LCCB Assist Manager Ishmael, Mariachi Sinclair, Blade Lineage Outis and Liu Gregor.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
Y006771403 over here, still getting my upties in order
are y'all just dumping all of your boxes on thread?? how do you have so many tier 3s

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

MetaMeme posted:

Y006771403 over here, still getting my upties in order
are y'all just dumping all of your boxes on thread?? how do you have so many tier 3s

I went the aforementioned whale-rear end "buy all the monthly bundles immediately because the game came out in the last 3 days of February right before they reset" route, and got pretty lucky on some of my pulls on top of that.
Between the preregister bonuses and maintenance payouts, along with the guaranteed 3* beginner pulls, I've made exactly 20 'deca-extractions' so far and I am only missing... two tier 3s, two EGO, and Mexican Sinclair. :v:

And of course the missing ones include one of my most-desired t 3s (WARP Quixote) and my most-desired EGO (Ardor Blossom Star for Ishmael)

EDIT: Oh wait I misread that, THREAD, upties to tier 3. Yeah so my upties are like... I've burnt off a bunch of shards from Gregor stuff because I got all of his items natural from pulls, so I was able to get an easy 200-ish thread that way. Plus the thread boxes from the battle pass paid out really well in terms of RNG for me.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 1, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

...ended up doing one more pull and got W Corp Mersault, who given is the Sinner I'm most interested in is probably a sign to keep the account.

Should I be building by status given I have no EGOs besides the basic ones? I think I have the units ofr Rupture stacking...

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Ariamaki posted:

I went the aforementioned whale-rear end "buy all the monthly bundles immediately because the game came out in the last 3 days of February right before they reset" route, and got pretty lucky on some of my pulls on top of that.
Between the preregister bonuses and maintenance payouts, along with the guaranteed 3* beginner pulls, I've made exactly 20 'deca-extractions' so far and I am only missing... two tier 3s, two EGO, and Mexican Sinclair. :v:

And of course the missing ones include one of my most-desired t 3s (WARP Quixote) and my most-desired EGO (Ardor Blossom Star for Ishmael)

i have both of those and would be happy to trade :v:

Addendum: Inquistors suck rear end and genuinely feel legitimately unfair some times; like I genuinely have no idea what i'm supposed to do when they just roll 3 heads 6 times and you go from 130 HP to 20 and then immediately follow up with their second attack to instantly kill a sinner 100-0 in mirror dungeon
like, in LOR that's maybe 20 minutes of farming another book or 0 seconds of restarting the abnormality so i can laugh it off, but having a 50 minute mirror dungeon run and also permanent progression just get hosed on RNG feels really bad

MetaMeme fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 1, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How do you use a friend's Identities/EGO, anyway?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

...ended up doing one more pull and got W Corp Mersault, who given is the Sinner I'm most interested in is probably a sign to keep the account.

Should I be building by status given I have no EGOs besides the basic ones? I think I have the units ofr Rupture stacking...
You should be aiming to coordinate your team's skill colors and EGO requirements. If you don't need a color, see if you can cut it out of your team comp entirely. For instance, I've managed to cut out both red and green from my team, which has done a lot to tighten up my color chains and has enabled me to use EGO on the regular.

Junpei posted:

How do you use a friend's Identities/EGO, anyway?
Click support on the character's identity select screen.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
is anyone else having trouble getting past 3-17, because I think I might have found part of the problem, at least for me:

These guys resist Slash, and I've been trying to get through them with a team that had Kurokumo Hong Lu (monoslash), LobCorp Faust (2 Slash 1 Pierce), Blade and Lineage Outis (2 Slash 1 Pierce) on them.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

is anyone else having trouble getting past 3-17, because I think I might have found part of the problem, at least for me:

These guys resist Slash, and I've been trying to get through them with a team that had Kurokumo Hong Lu (monoslash), LobCorp Faust (2 Slash 1 Pierce), Blade and Lineage Outis (2 Slash 1 Pierce) on them.
That's a real problem when the vast majority of the high rarity units are slash-centric.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
My code should be S284836869. (Goddamn that's murder to read on a phone.) I've got Tingtang Gangleader Hong Lu, Rabbit Heathcliff, Blade Lineage Sinclair, and G Corp Gregor at max Uptie and Blade Lineage Yi Sang and Kurokumo Ryoshu at 2. No gacha EGO, sadly.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

You should be aiming to coordinate your team's skill colors and EGO requirements. If you don't need a color, see if you can cut it out of your team comp entirely. For instance, I've managed to cut out both red and green from my team, which has done a lot to tighten up my color chains and has enabled me to use EGO on the regular.

Click support on the character's identity select screen.

Hmmm... I've tried that and got a team with only Lust/LightBlue/Purple, which does work for chains but the only Ego I can use is Hong Lu's... which to be fair is an AOE which is useful.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Hmmm... I've tried that and got a team with only Lust/LightBlue/Purple, which does work for chains but the only Ego I can use is Hong Lu's... which to be fair is an AOE which is useful.
As I said, you need to coordinate it with your EGO rather than just cut it down to three colors. You need to identify what you don't need and cut that out of your comp rather than going full minimalist, then try to get at least two characters with a given color (ideally three for colors you need to a lot of your EGO).

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015
My code is P148054352. Got several 3 upties but got unlucky with the EGOs going to characters I have no identities on

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Ariamaki posted:

Speaking of which, IAP-wise, there are a ton of options. Some of the stuff they give is hard to quantify (like threads and level up tickets), while others are trivial (decaextraction ticket = 1300). It seems like the monthly lunacy batch is the best deal, assuming you're patient, which people probably aren't if they're spending money on the game. It's actually kind of even better than that because if you have any paid lunacy you get 2 1/10th cost extracts every day, which certainly encourages spending the 3 dollars. I'm not sure if there are any other differences between paid and normal lunacy.

I also have no idea how these compare with the battle pass. I don't know the icons well enough yet to even tell what they are when in grayscale, much less what they're worth.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Qrr posted:

Speaking of which, IAP-wise, there are a ton of options. Some of the stuff they give is hard to quantify (like threads and level up tickets), while others are trivial (decaextraction ticket = 1300). It seems like the monthly lunacy batch is the best deal, assuming you're patient, which people probably aren't if they're spending money on the game. It's actually kind of even better than that because if you have any paid lunacy you get 2 1/10th cost extracts every day, which certainly encourages spending the 3 dollars. I'm not sure if there are any other differences between paid and normal lunacy.

I also have no idea how these compare with the battle pass. I don't know the icons well enough yet to even tell what they are when in grayscale, much less what they're worth.

Speaking from experience with other games, and just looking at the numbers here, the monthly batches are in fact an excellent deal and work out to very good return on input. Likewise if you feel like you're likely to complete it, the pass is also strong: Combining both monthly trickle batches along with the battle pass basically totals up to an old-school MMO subscription, which is how I've always liked to think of it. Is it a game I would have been willing to support at that level back when subbing for a game was the standard? In the case of Project Moon content, for me personally, that's an easy yes.

MetaMeme posted:

i have both of those and would be happy to trade :v:

Addendum: Inquistors suck rear end and genuinely feel legitimately unfair some times; like I genuinely have no idea what i'm supposed to do when they just roll 3 heads 6 times and you go from 130 HP to 20 and then immediately follow up with their second attack to instantly kill a sinner 100-0 in mirror dungeon
like, in LOR that's maybe 20 minutes of farming another book or 0 seconds of restarting the abnormality so i can laugh it off, but having a 50 minute mirror dungeon run and also permanent progression just get hosed on RNG feels really bad

Admittedly I have only been seeing them in Mirrors so far because I am not in Chapter 3 yet, but I will say that preparing to use defense coins or throw EGO at them has been working well for me so far. It also helps that I'm not in a very Slash-oriented team apart from Hong Lu.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Decided to buy the extraction pack with the guaranteed OOO ticket, which got me WARP Don, and the other pull it gives me gave me LCCB Rodion (finally, I hadn't pulled any for her, I can actually use her Fourth Match Flame I got from the pass now)

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015
Well, great. Both the entrance fights in the third chapter's dungeon lead to a black screen after the cutscene, you'd think playing on steam would avoid this kind of thing.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I do really like that Don means that we literally can't ignore the suffering of the city. It's a really strong plot element for making the Sinners "heroic" rather than just another facet of the infinite capitalism misery.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I've started playing through mirror dungeons and I really don't like that I can't see any useful information when I'm adding sinners. No game, I do not remember every skill on every identity of my sinners, please don't ask me to.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, neat. If you read the Abno Stories during a fight, they're written by different Sinners. Like, here's one written by Ishmael:

And here's Heathcliff:

And Hong Lu:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
My code is P667723416

I focus on two dot identities since you can get more of them and the three dot ones aren't always substantially stronger.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

KobunFan posted:

My code is P667723416

I focus on two dot identities since you can get more of them and the three dot ones aren't always substantially stronger.

Yeah, it really depends a lot on what the current encounter needs.

SPEAKING of which, for those who don't know: When you're not in a dungeon, make sure to select your Friend Identity (from a person on your friend list) as one of the Sinners you are NOT planning to bring normally. Then select your usual party of 5, and you'll see the other Sinner has a red banner on them that says Support. This loads them in to a dedicated sixth slot, which can make a very big difference for some of the more annoying fights (2-18, 3-4, etc).

Junpei posted:

Oh, neat. If you read the Abno Stories during a fight, they're written by different Sinners. Like, here's one written by Ishmael:

I have been reading all of these as I go, and they are excellent, and I dearly hope we get to have a readable-at-will gallery for them eventually in the Theater section.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
My Code is B307667380

Got Gregor 000 and Don Quixote 000

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Decided to buy the extraction pack with the guaranteed OOO ticket, which got me WARP Don, and the other pull it gives me gave me LCCB Rodion (finally, I hadn't pulled any for her, I can actually use her Fourth Match Flame I got from the pass now)
Congrats, WARP Don is my MVP. Get her up to full threadspin ASAP since her kit basically revolves around her third skill.

Also, drat. 3-13 got hands.

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022
My code is G721934965; got a few OO's at uptie 3. Also, apologies if anyone got spammed with friend requests from me, I had several server errors while sending the requests and no idea if it sent multiples or not.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

FYI if anyone else got confused on how to select a friend summon, when you're choosing your team at the battle start screen, you have to hit the "Edit Team" toggle on the lower righthand corner (right above the "To Battle!" button) first to be able to edit your sinners' identities.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I saw "Today's Expression" during the Mirror Dungeon and I almost auto-choose it out of pure fondness. That's what TQ has done to me.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Not only do I not see an easy clear way to look at identity info like colors and passives when building a team or selecting identities, in some cases I'm not sure how to find them at all.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Friend code is H988932631. Taking it slow, but enjoying this quite a bit. Chapter 2 has been flawless so far, amazing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Not only do I not see an easy clear way to look at identity info like colors and passives when building a team or selecting identities, in some cases I'm not sure how to find them at all.

You have to long press on the identity menu to view the details. AFAICT there is nothing anywhere in the game that indicates you can do this and there's nothing in any of the other menus that needs a long press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You have to long press on the identity menu to view the details. AFAICT there is nothing anywhere in the game that indicates you can do this and there's nothing in any of the other menus that needs a long press.

:psyduck: