Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Blue Footed Booby posted:

A shocking number of people can't reliably keep > and < straight.

When I was a little kid I was taught that the alligator's mouth eats the bigger number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

When I was a little kid I was taught that the alligator's mouth eats the bigger number.
:hai:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

elf help book posted:

Pac-man, but yes.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I actually just started giving Outer Worlds another shot recently after I gave up super early on in my first play through. It's definitely much better with 60fps, but still pretty average. I wonder if that upgraded version will be on game pass.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it like, vaguely scratches the itch if you want another FNV-like game and it plays a lot of the right notes (like there being a ton of solutions to quests) but the whole thing just feels off, and weirdly joyless.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

webmeister posted:

Looks like Truberbrook and Sudden Strike 4 are this month's Games With Gold

Also Lamentum. I've never heard of any of these games.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Never heard of Lamentum, but Truberbrook and Sudden Strike have been on my watchlist for quite some time now so I'm glad I waited. For me, this is a great GWG.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

John F Bennett posted:

Never heard of Lamentum, but Truberbrook and Sudden Strike have been on my watchlist for quite some time now so I'm glad I waited. For me, this is a great GWG.

Truberbrook sounds interesting even though I have no idea what type of game it is.

Also Merge & Blade is on GP which I don't know anything about.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

btw, my Auto Redeem is back up for Monthly Game Pass so hopefully everyone else's is too.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it like, vaguely scratches the itch if you want another FNV-like game and it plays a lot of the right notes (like there being a ton of solutions to quests) but the whole thing just feels off, and weirdly joyless.

Yeah, I didn't really get into the exaggerated corporate misery theme park setting. It was passably fun, though getting to the end felt like an obligation.

Outer Wilds never held any appeal for me, after three starts I gave up.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Outer Worlds is basically a rough draft for an open-world RPG/immersive sim and not actually enough to make a full game with. Even with its relatively short length it ran out of steam quickly, though the outlines of some good ideas were there. I'm tentatively excited for TOW2 with a bigger budget/more resources.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Riven posted:

Game Pass is basically "Forza Horizon Pass" for me right now and I'm so in love with it that I have one undriven road that I cannot find with a gun to my head. Even asked my wife (who excels at hidden picture puzzles) to help me with the last three and she can't find the last one. The achievement pops when you have four left which would be great if I gave a flying gently caress about achievements but I don't, I want that last road dammit. The achievement actually made me mad because it said "Drive all the roads in Mexico" and I was like wait did I miscount or miss something? Oh nope, you're just a lying liar xbox.

I don't know if this is of interest to you, but there's a discount on the DLC for 4 and 5 going on for the next week, I think.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Outer Worlds felt like they ran out of money about three planets in.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

A shocking number of people can't reliably keep > and < straight.

This sounds dumb af, but I think it’s partially caused by people learning them as “greater than and less than”, but on a keyboard they’re laid out left-to-right as “less than and greater than”

And tbh if you don’t work with something that involves numbers, you probably don’t use them all that much

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I know the loot system looks bad but this seems kind of extreme.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Riven posted:

Game Pass is basically "Forza Horizon Pass" for me right now and I'm so in love with it that I have one undriven road that I cannot find with a gun to my head. Even asked my wife (who excels at hidden picture puzzles) to help me with the last three and she can't find the last one. The achievement pops when you have four left which would be great if I gave a flying gently caress about achievements but I don't, I want that last road dammit. The achievement actually made me mad because it said "Drive all the roads in Mexico" and I was like wait did I miscount or miss something? Oh nope, you're just a lying liar xbox.

:laugh: What number of roads does it say in stats?

You should check the guide here https://www.trueachievements.com/a344791/ride-and-seek-achievement for some roads you might've missed and try the 0 brightness trick.

I actually found the achievement easier in this game as they made the roads driven a bit more visible than in previous games.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Gamepass monthly rewards are back

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

SpiderLink posted:

I don't know if this is of interest to you, but there's a discount on the DLC for 4 and 5 going on for the next week, I think.

Oh I saw that but already bought it last week. Oh well.

And I found the road! It was a single dash of the dashed trail in the far north-east corner of the map.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Just now finding out that launching a GamePass game on PC is good for 50 points a day, a solid 10x the points you get on console.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SpiderLink posted:

Do you know if this dlc was included in the ultimate version or whatever? I bought the ultimate upgrade when it first dropped.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Do y'all know if xbox supports streaming privately to one person natively? I'm guessing not. If not, can you stream to a channel on discord?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It does not. A convoluted workaround if you didn't want to invest in a capture card is to use the Xbox -> Windows PC (or Xbox -> OneCast on macOS) streaming option and then capture that window with Discord.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1630913034314039296

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

liquidating inventory before they cancel the S :hmmyes:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Quantum of Phallus posted:

liquidating inventory before they cancel the S :hmmyes:

Hell yeah now I've got a collector's item!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll buy a $150 series S just because I think it looks cute. I can make it a dedicated Dev mode box

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

BurningBeard posted:

Do y'all know if xbox supports streaming privately to one person natively? I'm guessing not. If not, can you stream to a channel on discord?

Can't you just use the Xbox Twitch app to stream and only tell one person the URL?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
As far as I can tell every time I've streamed to twitch it's been a private stream.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the s is an excellent game pass box, and an excellent backwards compatibility box. recommend. i love my x though

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/TrueAchievement/status/1630902571626897408?s=20

:thunk:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

New info on that Perfect Dark game everybody's already forgotten about?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

An announcement that gets a lot of hype and goodwill but the release ends up being disappointing to nearly everyone?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Can't you just use the Xbox Twitch app to stream and only tell one person the URL?

Latency on twitch is pretty bad in my experience. I'm trying to replicate the share play functionality that Playstation has. That's pretty much straight peer to peer and as long as you've got good upload it's smooth as hell.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

lol no mention of the alleged Starfield show coming before June. And if they're making a special Starfield show it won't be at their June show, so that sets Starfield's solo show somewhere in August/Sept. perhaps. Game for holidays? Or 2024.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Starfield showcase in April. Game launches mid June. Don’t know why that’s so hard to comprehend.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Not that I'm really hoping for it or anything but its the only thing I can think of that's a "Goldeneye type announcement."

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Space Cadet 3d Pinball. 3d Space Cadet Pinball. 3D Pinball - Space Cadet.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Beastie posted:

Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Not that I'm really hoping for it or anything but its the only thing I can think of that's a "Goldeneye type announcement."

I dont think the game in development hell where the lead developer has left the studio is going to be announced, OP.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I didnt know that I just picked something that was announced a hell of a long time ago, like Goldeneye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Weren't they remaking a bunch of the old id games. Did Quake 2 remake ever come out?