Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBX posted:

This is straight out untrue

Are you saying 400>500? Because lol. The rest is still true, but I'm glad others are not feeling the difference tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Having played with the mods a bit more it definitely doesn't seem much worse for ability regen, if not better. Could use seeking orbs though and an elemental primary seems a lot easier to pull off than kinetic since you can just go all in on a single element. Curious about the elite-rank mods though, might help with some of the general complaints.

As someone that used DIM but not with loadouts it's also pretty great to have it in game, though having to cycle through names, icons, and colours is a pain in the rear end.

Has anyone logged out yet? Is there a queue to get back in at all? Release day seems relatively flawless so far.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So uh is anyone else getting a crash any time they try to view their commendations? I’m on PS5 and it’s definitely a “crash if you do this” kind of bug

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Pierson posted:

Finished the campaign and have some thoughts that are basically 'I did not like this campaign much'.

Second-act bad-ends are a thing that can be done well but the way they implemented it here feels like the worst kind of "hey we won" "oh wait no we didn't". We're sitting around after the big W and then Ghost serenely floats away and turns it into an L. A Halo Reach-style last stand with Caitl at the entrance where we just straight-up fail as solemn music plays would have felt better than this. I was excited about descending into an Ishtar Collective facility and finding out what the gently caress the Veil was since Ishtar lore is crazy but the Veil is not at all explained and whatever it did to the Traveller Zavala is acting like it's Dead For Real so I guess the coming year is gonna be about that.

It sucks that Calus got turned into and went out like a chump. Jovial nihilist Calus who wrote fanfiction about us and wanted to see the end of the universe was infinitely more compelling than the rear end in a top hat second-string goon he got turned into at Haunting and continued to be here. Not even a good final scene with Caitl after what we saw in Duality. RIP Emperor, I wanted to grow fat from strength with you but then you became a dull henchman. It even sucks to fight him, he is a souped-up Colussus with infinite adds who then turns into a souped-up Gladiator and the arena is catwalks over deathzones so they can have a reason to make you use Strand, so any kind of physics fuckery and you're dead unless you can pull of a half-second grapple.

I have no thoughts about Nimbus, they are a non-entity. Bring Finch to Neptune and have him be dazzled at Neomuna.

The new guns are great, the new strike rules, I love Strand, the Tormentors are fuckin scary, D2 will continue to be D2 and I enjoy playing D2. But this campaign was closer to Beyond Light than Witch Queen.

kinda sounds like it's a shadowkeep-level trash campaign.

christ. i was right about everything.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Panderfringe posted:

kinda sounds like it's a shadowkeep-level trash campaign.

Simmer down you big baby.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there no way to transmog exotics into looking like normal gear? Am I going to be stuck with this gaudy rear end Dragon's Shadow model clashing with whatever the rest of my gear looks like? I just wanna look cool...

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Just wear blues or blow da mods?

Also what the hell is up with nimbus’ chest. I get a mid drift but its like the wrong part of his polygons are sticking out and its uncomfortable

Better cloud mans imo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nimbus looks like he’s using the rig of someone wearing a chestplate. Maybe the lots of skin look was a late decision?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there no way to transmog exotics into looking like normal gear? Am I going to be stuck with this gaudy rear end Dragon's Shadow model clashing with whatever the rest of my gear looks like? I just wanna look cool...

Nope. Exotics can only look like themselves or their ornaments. Get used to being a hideous clash of trash and pick the ugliest shaders you can find

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Playing Dares of Eternity:

"Bungie should let Destiny make fun of itself more often."

*Poochie-rear end Silverhawks wannabe hoverboards into a fight.*

"Not like that."

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Nimbus is the most annoying character holy poo poo.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
So I completed everything possible a F2P can do.

Once again you get access to the first 2 two campaign missions and Legendary mode. New though is actually giving you a taste of the new mechanics, probably to tempt those weak of will into buying.

You can apparently get previous seasons weapons as world drops now? I got a new Carbine which was locked behind Spire previously. This MIGHT mean that anyone and everyone will be able to complete any unfinished weapon patterns if you are able to get the weapon to drop with Deepsight but that's probably a sub .01% possibility considering everything.

I am only seeing 1 craftable world drop, the Heavy Grenade Launcher. There are like 4 or 5 patterns that are still classified so maybe that will change but I'm not holding my breathe.

My only comment on the campaign is this motherfrucker calls our tech antiquated or wahtever but those are clovis breay door s you poo poo

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

My thoughts so far:

+Warlock Strand subclass seems fun from the little previews you get in the campaign.
+The grapple ability is surprisingly pretty decent. I appreciate that it can hook onto nothing at all so its not too dependent on terrain.
+I like the new seasonal exotic. Don't think its quite on par with a Trinity Ghoul, but few things are, and it is fun to use.
+New patrol area and strike are fun.
-It really feels like they had an outline of a story and never bothered to actually expand upon the keywords for it. What is the Veil? Who knows! Guess I'll be waiting until next season's lore books to figure out what the hell it does, or did.
-It is so incredibly mean to make the first non-binary person in your game the most annoying character possible. I'm not even sure why they act like a goofy teenager; you figure signing up for a job that'll kill you in a decade is something that would exclude frivolous or immature candidates, or at the very least, they should have a character arc where they shape up and mature.

Overall, mixed feelings. I guess it's disappointing in the sense that I thought Witch Queen was them getting their act together a bit, but I guess its more like an anomaly.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Basic Poster posted:

Just wear blues or blow da mods?

Also what the hell is up with nimbus’ chest. I get a mid drift but its like the wrong part of his polygons are sticking out and its uncomfortable

Better cloud mans imo

Nimbus chest sponsored by tren, don't forget to cycle off!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

So uh is anyone else getting a crash any time they try to view their commendations? I’m on PS5 and it’s definitely a “crash if you do this” kind of bug

Yes, very repeatable too

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I guess that all makes sense. Thanks all.

Gotta say tho, I was pretty excited to be in a cool neon city but it's uh..Not very vibrant so far. I'm early on so IDK if that'll change but so far it doesn't deliver visually what they hyped up.

Yeah I agree. I'm not digging it so far.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If it's any consolation regarding 'big bosses get lame once they show up in the actual gameplay' then you may be happy to hear that none of the big 3 writers were asked to generate ANY Xivu Arath content for LF or even TFS... Could just mean they have someone on the actual bungie payroll handling it but it's still super weird

and a bad sign, since the contracted writers do Very Good Work and the Bungie Staff Writers are.... less so

Wait who are the big 3 writers

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

No. You see, it's very important that you are able to easily identify what exotic the sweat who just headshotted you from across the map as soon as you respawned is wearing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i want to stuff nimbus in a drat locker

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
Lmao doing my bounties in the edz because numona is tuned pretty g drat hot for day one. Id like to pick up a bounty without having a spawn rate of 30 mobs per second per meter.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
Also Im fully convinced nimbus is voiced as an homage to anime strongbad

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Headlong is a lovely mission. It’s made even worse being a Titan with the worst of the strand classes

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
ok bungie you got me with this one-

after you beat the campaign you can unlock more transmat points for neomuna in the hall of heroes and liming harbor, so the two areas you'll be going to most often and the harbor was furthest from the original spawn, completely negating my earlier complaint.

well played, I guess

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I think this was an overall weaker campaign than Witch Queen, but the boss fight with Calus at the end on legend difficulty is an absolute loving banger.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA2GP-Xmbvg

Have fun.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Why number red italics when shoot tormentor mans?

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Hello. I have not played since very beginning of shadowkeep and a friend has asked me to come back for Lightfall. I have been watching story catchups and reading posts and am very overwhelmed with where to start. Apparently there is a bundle I should wait for? I'm someone who likes to play along with the story so the idea a lot of it is now gone forever seems lovely. Is there like a welcome back here's what to do/farm for uniques or whatever? I''m sure there have been some must have guns drop since ive been away. I think my dudes are 1350 ilvl. Is PVP squished so i can do it in any gear?

help!

e: is there still a huge amount of FOMO stuff? I already play WoW so won't have as much time to dump long term.

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 1, 2023

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

queef anxiety posted:

Is PVP squished so i can do it in any gear?

Yes!

... no one is pvping right now probably because they are campaigning but give it a day or two

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

life_source posted:

Yes!

... no one is pvping right now probably because they are campaigning but give it a day or two

That is good news, I like the PVP regardless so glad I can jump in

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

queef anxiety posted:

That is good news, I like the PVP regardless so glad I can jump in

Bungie hates new players and just redid a big portion of the UI it took me several years to be able to reliably find things in.

But yeah come on in. Water is equally lovely for everyone right now

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Shadow legion, shmadow legion

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Light Fall has ruled so far, happy with all the UI changes even if it throws me for a bit. poo poo is good.

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009

Weebly posted:

Headlong is a lovely mission. It’s made even worse being a Titan with the worst of the strand classes

holy poo poo you are not kidding.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

its all nice on rice posted:

Nimbus is the most annoying character holy poo poo.

And you just know its some writer's self insert original character do not steal they expect everyone to love unconditionally.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The clip of someone asking John Carpenter “what the hell happened with Escape From LA” except it’s me asking Joe Blackburn “Witch Queen was great what the hell happened with Lightfall”

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
it is the END of the LIGHT...................................... now check out this radical teen with quips and a flying skateboard sword

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I really wanted the story to be something other than sad-sack characters overcoming their trauma and learning to trust their friends, and I got it, but it’s Nimbus.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

The clip of someone asking John Carpenter “what the hell happened with Escape From LA” except it’s me asking Joe Blackburn “Witch Queen was great what the hell happened with Lightfall”

Witch Queen was great but the people who made it thought it was a detective story, so there’s already a clear disconnect between directorial intent and the product.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lightfall is literally a daytime soap opera on that weird TV channel that none of the major networks owned.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
That was trash lol what is wrong with Bungie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Missions are the same quality as any other D1 or D2 campaign but the plot is certainly... not there

I wonder what they were talking about when they said 'We realized we needed another chapter to wrap things up, so we added The Final Shape'

Like what story beats were there here that they needed a whole new $60 game to sel- oh