Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Before Mando started, it was said to be "around" five years after Endor. The time is a bit weird, but it does make the Book of Boba Fett flashback less odd, and the development of Nevarro make better sense. If this bumps up the start of Mando from 5 years after RotJ, to 3 years, that then reduces the time Boba was with the Tuskens. Not that it reads as spending 2-3 years with the Tuskens either really, but it makes better sense than 4 years with them.

4 ABY - Battle of Endor
5 ABY - Boba Escapes Sarlacc/Battle of Jakku
7 ABY - Tusken camp attacked and Boba goes solo again
8 ABY - Mando starts/Boba saves Fenec
9 ABY - Mando season 2, Grogu leaves
10 ABY - Book of Boba "present" day
11 ABY - Pick up a year or so after Boba

This would put season 3 seven years after the Battle of Endor, which is about in line with how it seemed to be now anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When we needed pablo most, he fell silent

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Looking around, he says something similar in another interview but it’s more overtly about the real-world time gap between Mando S2 and BOBF

https://twitter.com/andorlorians/status/1630658879372533769?s=46&t=6uHy7m8nJqBOox1aatRkog

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Favreau: Hey pablo, does it make sense in the continuity if grogu was with luke for 2 years?
Pablo: *Thinking about how much andor owns* Yeah sure, whatever

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So it again falls to abysmal reading comprehension.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Haha, wtf. The 2 years doesn't make any sense with what we've seen at all. It feels like a few months at most.

edit:

Cross-Section posted:

Looking around, he says something similar in another interview but it’s more overtly about the real-world time gap between Mando S2 and BOBF

https://twitter.com/andorlorians/status/1630658879372533769?s=46&t=6uHy7m8nJqBOox1aatRkog

Oh, that's not the same thing at all.

Going to listen to the actual interview now.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Star Wars TV Megathread:

HootTheOwl posted:

Somehow Grogu returned

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay so do I just have to watch episodes 5 and 6 of Boba to get caught up with where Din is?

Sort-of. Manderlorian Season 2.5 is made up of episodes 5, 6, and 7.

Episode 5 is a standalone Manderlorian episode, and arguably the best one ever made. This is only the case with half of Episode 6, though. Everything involving the forest planet is solid entertainment, and ends on a good note. If you watch these two bits, you've probably got all the good stuff and satisfying point to jump into Season 3.

The parts of Episode 6 set on Jakku, and all of Episode 7, are the ending of Manderlorian 2.5 - but this stuff doesn't really 'work' without the rest of the Boba Show as context. And the show is very bad. Episode 7 is easily the worst Manderlorian episode, to date. So this is all pretty skippable, but can flesh out the plot if that's what you need.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 28, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, I basically already know that Grogu chose to stay with Din rather than do the Jedi training, I figure that'll be enough context to jump into season 3.

E: I also never finished Obi-Wan, how did that one end up? Worth going back to?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, I basically already know that Grogu chose to stay with Din rather than do the Jedi training, I figure that'll be enough context to jump into season 3.

You need to see him get his shiny new Phantom Menace ship too though.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Waffleman_ posted:

Obi walks away into the desert.

No.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Under no circumstances should anyone watch Obi-Wan.

stev posted:

You need to see him get his shiny new Phantom Menace ship too though.

The dumbest ship ever for a bounty hunter, whose job it is to transport beings from one place to another.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Obi-Wan had a good like ten minutes before the plot starts where he sneaks a treat to his space-donkey

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Not... particularly

Watch LARRY instead

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

feedmyleg posted:

The dumbest ship ever for a bounty hunter, whose job it is to transport beings from one place to another.

Yeah but he's not doing that anymore!
Now he's doing his pettitice pilgrimage.
(Also I liked the razor crest more than the hot rod mod N1)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would feel it's non negotiable for your space ship to have room for a bed if you're gonna be making frequent multi day deep space journies. But evidently space adventurers are built different

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Vinylshadow posted:

Not... particularly

Watch LARRY instead

This is the way.

feedmyleg posted:

Under no circumstances should anyone watch Obi-Wan.

I loving love the N1, it's slick, good, and cool. But yeah.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

We agreed that the N1 was his Midlife Crisis Dad Vehicle after his Honda Civic Razor Crest got totaled

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vinylshadow posted:

We agreed that the N1 was his Midlife Crisis Dad Vehicle after his Honda Civic Razor Crest got totaled

Makes sense, some chick convinced him to buy it

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Waffleman_ posted:

In that case, you can and should still watch Episode 5.

Waffleman_ posted:

Obiwan is not worth watching except as a sort of Goofus counterexample against how to make a show.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

HootTheOwl posted:

Makes sense, some chick convinced him to buy it

Would you trust a lady who bangs jawas on the reg?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Arc Hammer posted:

That's space racist

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Arc Hammer posted:

How else would I get laid, smart guy

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Arc Hammer posted:

Ootini bit more, honestly

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

From about the 8 minute mark in the interview.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Story group frantically trying to determine the smallest number of years that can still be considered "many"

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll buck the trend and say it's worth finishing.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Not... particularly

Watch LARRY instead

Seriously, not a joke. This is the best possible story you can get out if the material that was shot.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I don’t even remember Obi-Wan and you guys constantly bitching about Obi-Wan is making me remember Obi-Wan. It’s a cycle of abuse.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

For how bad it was I think obi wan has if anything gotten a very light treatment from the various star wars discussing venues on the website. You could certrainly attribute this to the posters having largely abandoned hope

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

So does Mando S3 drop at midnight EST or what? Should I stay up to watch or just go to sleep?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I will always side with sleep

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Machai posted:

So does Mando S3 drop at midnight EST or what? Should I stay up to watch or just go to sleep?

IIRC, Disney drops stuff at Midnight PST, so 3AM EST. I just wake up a half hour early for it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
It’ll be nice to have something new to celebrate/bitch about with you guys, again. I’m really looking forward to all the inscrutable hot takes over the next couple months.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I dunno if I'll be tuning in this week, I'm planning to only watch episodes featuring babu. Certainly leading with him would be putting their best foot forward, but I don't know if they're honest enough to realize that

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

https://i.imgur.com/FOwZ77O.mp4

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

None of those mandarins

This is a clementine thread

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

HootTheOwl posted:

Obi-Wan had a good like ten minutes before the plot starts where he sneaks a treat to his space-donkey

And after that the show got bad. :rimshot:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Parkingtigers posted:

And after that the show got bad. :rimshot:

Leia's intro was good

"You don't need manners when talking to lower life forms."
"Then I guess I don't need manners when talking to you."

Hm...lotta good intros and decent enough climaxes, it's just...everything in the middle that's a slog

"I am all that remains" was great, and I wonder how that interaction would feel if you played it with the ANH footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
pretty big croc