Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay I finally had a chance to try Dehya out and hoo boy, she's really weird to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Endorph posted:

also if anyone's curious, c1 is a much bigger damage increase for dehya than her signature weapon, assuming you have a serpent spine or wolf's gravestone.

I have serpent spine on Beidou. Wouldn’t Serpent Spine be bad on Dehya since her goal is getting hit?

What about Skyward Spone?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

I have serpent spine on Beidou. Wouldn’t Serpent Spine be bad on Dehya since her goal is getting hit?

What about Skyward Spone?
serpent spine's passive isnt gonna go off much but its still got a crit substat

skyward pride is okay if you need the ER and cant get it off your artifacts but the passive is also basically blank outside of the small damage buff, because her burst attacks dont trigger that passive (unless you have c6 benny in which case you might actually be using her normal attacks in a monopyro team)

theres basically no claymore in the game that has an actually useful passive for her except her unique weapon, gravestone, and akuohmaru

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My best claymore for her would be the Stonethresher... which would entirely be a stat stick since Normal/Charge Attack buffs don't do poo poo for her burst. :v:

On the plus side it's loving perfect for her as far as fashion goes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The complete lack of good weapons for her also kinda contributes to the vibe that her game design comes from an entirely different dimension

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Life is pain.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Realizing that since Dehya's ult is canceled by jumping, and the only way to get out of being frozen is to spam the jump button, basically means any floor that can proc freeze will just make her ult useless.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's kind of funny that she can be frozen during her ult. The flames just weren't strong enough.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tae posted:

Realizing that since Dehya's ult is canceled by jumping, and the only way to get out of being frozen is to spam the jump button, basically means any floor that can proc freeze will just make her ult useless.

There is a way to break out of freeze without spamming jump. You can hold alt to bring up the cursor and spam click on the unfreeze button. It's a little janky because the cursor always starts in the middle of the screen, so there's muscle memory involved in moving it over the button, but it's something.

Also lol that jumping just totally cancels it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tae posted:

lol amazing.

Still gonna roll for her

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

https://www.pcgamesn.com/genshin-impact/dehya-donate-charity posted:

A recent Genshin Impact Dehya animated short motivated Chinese players to donate thousands to one of the country’s charities for underprivileged children. In the anime game‘s teaser, we see Dehya make a sizeable donation to help the Sumeru Desert’s orphans leave the harsh environment that they were born. The real-world donations from the players are going to China’s Project of Hope charity, which is a student aid project that aims to improve children’s study and living expenses.
EDIT:
https://twitter.com/GenshinUpdate/status/1630047598831878144

avoraciopoctules fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 1, 2023

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They didn't really add anything new to the game this patch at all, did they? Aside from some quest lines.

This mid 3.0 cycle is extremely meh, if I manage to keep interest enough to do dailies/abyss/events for the next 5 or so months while nothing happens, might have my first c6 archon whenever the next one comes out as a welkin only guppy.

I really wish there was more to do in this game in terms of actual permanent high-level gameplay content. I also wish every BP wasn't the exact same.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Life is pain.

I'm in the bottom 11% and that doesn't count my pulls from earlier in this game's lifespan which were even worse. As far as I'm concerned, a limited 5* is a fixed purchase that costs 160 fates. Luck isn't a factor.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Uh...

Was this always here?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Somebody please update the thread title its several versions out of date and my brain doesn't like it

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

FractalSandwich posted:

Uh...

Was this always here?

Yep! Or at least it was there a few weeks ago when I found it.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Somebody please update the thread title its several versions out of date and my brain doesn't like it
Genshin Impact 3.5: Knight and Dehya

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also full leaks of Baizhu and Kaveh's kits are out. Kaveh is an onfield bloom driver - 4* main DPS that actually looks pretty decent and doesn't seem like he'd need C6, but is pretty locked to bloom. Baizhu is a shielder/healer with the gimmick that he has a weak shield that refreshes constantly rather than a single cast strong shield.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

Uh...

Was this always here?

Yeah best guess is it goes to some future unreleased content. Looks cool though eh?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Dehya lovers some welcome news for you. Apparently she's actually really good and can kill Raiden domain boss in ten seconds if you just do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqefyctGec

The secret is: Spend a physical cubic ton of money buying C6 everything and refinery 5 signature weapons for everyone.

Simple as.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly those artifacts really arent optimized and he fucks up the rotation too, you could probably get similar results without nearly as much moneybagging with god-tier artifacts and better execution

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Endorph posted:

Also full leaks of Baizhu and Kaveh's kits are out. Kaveh is an onfield bloom driver - 4* main DPS that actually looks pretty decent and doesn't seem like he'd need C6, but is pretty locked to bloom. Baizhu is a shielder/healer with the gimmick that he has a weak shield that refreshes constantly rather than a single cast strong shield.

I'm a little disappointed his field only applies dendro infusion to himself, but I'll be curious to see if his bloom buffs stack with Nilous.

Goddammit they both want the "no pyro/electro" fungi dust.

Space Opera fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 1, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/NSPNPYH/status/1630910512635711489

Did Japan not get the message that she's supposed to be literally unusable in any capacity as is Candace?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Try doing that at C0 and without the signature weapon and compare it to any well built hyperbloom team that cost a fraction.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I'm just gonna warn anyone who hasnt started it yet that the Archon quest in this patch has a slightly lengthy (and tbh kind of tedious) intro section with lots of talking and back-and-forth short fetch questing which you cant leave or interrupt without having to do over (or at least I think thats what the popup said) so maybe wait til you've got a chunk of time carved out before going to the marked location.

ETA: I mean, it goes places dont get me wrong but man it has a lovely slow start.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 1, 2023

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man, Dehya feels weird to play.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Kale posted:

https://twitter.com/NSPNPYH/status/1630910512635711489

Did Japan not get the message that she's supposed to be literally unusable in any capacity as is Candace?

People have already been doing this in the other servers as well, it turns out if you like Dehya regardless you can prop her up with Bennett, Kazuha using his 5* BIS, whatever constellations and artifacts this is using etc.

Not much of a grander point to be derived from this sort of thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Try doing that at C0 and without the signature weapon
the damage numbers look in line with C0 with the signature though? Kazuha has the freedom sworn there so that's a bit of wallet power but there's no way that Dehya is C6.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haypliss posted:

People have already been doing this in the other servers as well, it turns out if you like Dehya regardless you can prop her up with Bennett, Kazuha using his 5* BIS, whatever constellations and artifacts this is using etc.

Not much of a grander point to be derived from this sort of thing.
I mean there is a grander point when people are calling her *literally* unusable. She's one of the weaker characters in the game but she can still be forced. That isn't defending her being kind of a janky design just that telephone would have you believe it's literally impossible for her to do anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quite frankly id say she isnt even the worst 5* in the game where aloy and the non-dendro travelers exist

and even if you wanna say those dont count id say shes better than klee

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Endorph posted:

I mean there is a grander point when people are calling her *literally* unusable. She's one of the weaker characters in the game but she can still be forced. That isn't defending her being kind of a janky design just that telephone would have you believe it's literally impossible for her to do anything.

I mean presenting it as a Japanese thing means nothing. Like i also don't think treating the "unusable" thing as the starting premise makes sense because it's so blatantly unmoored from reality, but would consider that a separate issue from this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedUnsightlyMomKreygasm-RbYI6z6xY7vOH0KA

Dehya's passive doesn't shut off to prevent her death off-field, a thing that not even corrosion does.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tae posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedUnsightlyMomKreygasm-RbYI6z6xY7vOH0KA

Dehya's passive doesn't shut off to prevent her death off-field, a thing that not even corrosion does.

Yeah it does seem like she really could use some post patch tweaks. Now that she's actually out and people are using her its a few too many demonstrable drawbacks that no other characters seem to suffer from really.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Baizhu: Dendro+Catalyst is such a dangerous combination that I was wondering what they were gonna do to make him fair, and the answer seems to be "he makes you take the Fav Codex from Nahida :(". Which I guess is a better attempt than Nahida's "literally nothing lmao." 9/10, but only because my standards for 10/10 are so high that only three 5 stars have met it since launch.

Kaveh: Fun but gonna need to see him in action first. NA/10, probably gonna be a 7 due to burst infusion selfish on-flielder (BISOF) disease.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
His C1 is quite good, probably the second best of the Yelan/Shenhe/Xiao/Yelan who all share the same C1. If a miracle happens and Faruzan is on his banner I'll be happy doomrolling for her C6.

I think you're right that it's favonious and not protoamber on him. His E multihits too which is really nice. He is just a better Yaoyao and I think he has the biggest potential impact for Cyno and Nilou.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MoonCrab posted:

Baizhu: Dendro+Catalyst is such a dangerous combination that I was wondering what they were gonna do to make him fair, and the answer seems to be "he makes you take the Fav Codex from Nahida :(". Which I guess is a better attempt than Nahida's "literally nothing lmao." 9/10, but only because my standards for 10/10 are so high that only three 5 stars have met it since launch.

Kaveh: Fun but gonna need to see him in action first. NA/10, probably gonna be a 7 due to burst infusion selfish on-flielder (BISOF) disease.

Boy Is Sounding Outstandingly Fun

Not sure what I expected from long-awaited Baizhu, but he seems unexcitingly good (until I actually get to use him and prevent my Alhaitham from flying halfway across the screen ig).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just from the kit Im thinking Baizu is going to be pretty good in a variety of teams but specially in quickbloom/aggravate since he can slot in more effectively. I've been running aggravate teams with zhongli and sure you lose out on the shred from your main damage dealers but you gain extra reaction damage, heals, and thrilling buff.

Cyno with nahida, baizu and XQ could be pretty good

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
New codes from Reddit:

LA9C3RHPPHQH
SSRCJ8HSV7UM

First one is for 60 promos I believe.

Redeem them here: https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/m/en/gift

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Endorph posted:

quite frankly id say she isnt even the worst 5* in the game where aloy and the non-dendro travelers exist

and even if you wanna say those dont count id say shes better than klee

Klee is a character with a team (mono pyro) that has a niche (perma-aura enemies), where she does nearly twice as much damage as the team's second-highest team contribution (Xiangling). She can generate energy, both for herself and teammates, and yet isn't absolutely reliant on her burst to deal damage. She can also vape consistently now with double-hydro, both as raw vape with Benny and as Vape-burgeon with PAmber Nahida (will be much safer with Baizhu). As a catalyst user, her pyro application is not tied to any resource or cooldown, and she can run funky builds with TTDS and Proto Amber. She's not even comparable to Dehya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Wait I think I was too positive.

Klee can fill roles, in teams. She can peform, actions. Which help the team do stuff. 5/10