Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://youtu.be/1ScwFbQT9Wk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Ah, there you are DryGoods... it's Time again for You Know What.

Overwatch 2's McCree (who is now named Maclunkey according to Rubellavator) with a full Ultimate Meter and all skills off cooldown against Roland Deschain from Book 4 after reaching Emerald City but switching to a Ruger since Randall Flagg cursed his Revolvers to misfire. Another Dual at High-Noon. Who would win?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

DryGoods posted:

why did it take you 12 posts for one of your Classic Puns?

give the people what they want

he had to get to double digits to prepare one that would make someone laugh, but no pun in ten did

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://youtu.be/i-edN-oRsYI

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
first off, Ruger never produced a .44 automatic. so it's a Fantasy gun and i can't give an accurate accounting except by guessing how a .44 Mark III would work

however, you have to understand that Roland is a Gunslinger. and a Gunslinger is similar to a Western Knight. there's Honor and Code to a Gunslinger. but also equal parts Efficiency and Real World Gunwork to win in battle. Roland is still a Soldier and incredibly Focused. consider Tull, those townspeople weren't in control. Roland still, without a pause, murdered every one of them and never really regretted it.

all of this is saying that Roland with an unmastered, extra-dimensional weapon, against a Dangerous, Unknown Foe, in a Ritualized Combat Setting...would 100% Cheat. the reader is told Roland has no Imagination, but you're also shown his excellent Strategic Planning. he would approach that Duel with some distraction or placed explosives to give him the edge over McCree. Roland isn't just a Gun For Hire. he's the King's Son, and trained to Lead and Outmaneuver

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Him name Tromo orange man

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Greetings from the land of insomnia, new thread

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DryGoods posted:

first off, Ruger never produced a .44 automatic. so it's a Fantasy gun and i can't give an accurate accounting except by guessing how a .44 Mark III would work

however, you have to understand that Roland is a Gunslinger. and a Gunslinger is similar to a Western Knight. there's Honor and Code to a Gunslinger. but also equal parts Efficiency and Real World Gunwork to win in battle. Roland is still a Soldier and incredibly Focused. consider Tull, those townspeople weren't in control. Roland still, without a pause, murdered every one of them and never really regretted it.

all of this is saying that Roland with an unmastered, extra-dimensional weapon, against a Dangerous, Unknown Foe, in a Ritualized Combat Setting...would 100% Cheat. the reader is told Roland has no Imagination, but you're also shown his excellent Strategic Planning. he would approach that Duel with some distraction or placed explosives to give him the edge over McCree. Roland isn't just a Gun For Hire. he's the King's Son, and trained to Lead and Outmaneuver

DryGoods isn't wrong here, Roland only became a Gunslinger because he cheated by sending his falcon on a suicide run to claw out Cort's eye as their duel began

then he went into town and hosed a whore and didn't regret it, but he did regret the beating his dad gave him for it

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
What ever happened to wetbads.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Thank you for once again a well thought out and beautifully constructed analysis, as I've come to expect of you. And yes, it's hard to find any flaws with your point of view. I wouldn't even dare. How would I start? You correctly Identified the Fantastical Nature of the Gun and while it is an Unknown Quantity in the Match-Up, ultimately the Gun is but an Extension of the Gunslinger. There is Honor in Combat, but the Highest Honor is Winning and Roland understands this better than anybody. It's possible the Hawk from his childhood might make an appearance, holding TNTs explosives, to drop on McCree (Maclunkey) unawares. Again, Bravo! :tipshat:

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Oglethorpe posted:

i was in high school when a friend recommended me this movie and i picked it up to watch with my older brother and that was a mistake. we shut it off when the cool gay stuff happened. idk which of us was more embarassed at the time. i think my bro still makes homophobic (not related to the movie) "prepare to get buttraped" jokes in games when the enemy gets difficult or a boss shows.

Used to do arenas in WoW who started every match with "aight guys let's RAPE these kids" and uh yeah

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Look it was our warcry and by golly it worked

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao lightfoot

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

2DCAT posted:

Lmao lightfoot

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Lpzie posted:

Ah, there you are DryGoods... it's Time again for You Know What.

Overwatch 2's McCree (who is now named Maclunkey according to Rubellavator) with a full Ultimate Meter and all skills off cooldown against Roland Deschain from Book 4 after reaching Emerald City but switching to a Ruger since Randall Flagg cursed his Revolvers to misfire. Another Dual at High-Noon. Who would win?

oh my gosh bro first of all spoilers second of all Roland's revolvers only misfire against Flagg because their kas are intertwined and the revolvers are from Mid-World not cuz they're cursed third of all Roland is cursed to repeat his quest until he realizes that reaching the top of the tower is meaningless so he can't be killed until then and would of course win no matter what weapon he was using jeez

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
trump 2

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

BUSH 2112 posted:

oh my gosh bro first of all spoilers second of all Roland's revolvers only misfire against Flagg because their kas are intertwined and the revolvers are from Mid-World not cuz they're cursed third of all Roland is cursed to repeat his quest until he realizes that reaching the top of the tower is meaningless so he can't be killed until then and would of course win no matter what weapon he was using jeez

wow more like the dork tower

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
new thread wow. feels like I lived through the porfiriato

who are our overlords now?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Trump 2 wow the imagination is overwhelming here

TRUMP 2

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

2DCAT posted:

Lmao lightfoot

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH3jfmLgI8I

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Red Baron posted:

wow more like the dork tower

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BUSH 2112 posted:

He has the horn of Eld in this battle

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I hated the talking badger

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Hound posted:

I hated the talking badger

You're not human

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what if McCree is channeling high noon and also is being boosted by mercy

Is able to charge his shot enuff to kill Roland before Roland fully remembers the face of his father and kills him with his heart

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

i hope tooty cat is okay

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

2DCAT posted:

Lmao lightfoot

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

2DCAT posted:

Lmao lightfoot

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
good morning to Trump's America

:hchatter:

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
stephen king: i’m writing myself in as a character in my next tower book

publisher: you? that creepy guy that wrote all those horror books locked in a basement while blizted out of his mind? that guy??

sk: yeah it turns out this version of me is actually chronicling their jour-

publisher: *pushes back chair, stands up and leaves*

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my last three 6ers have been garf related :love:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mexi posted:

stephen king: i’m writing myself in as a character in my next tower book

publisher: you? that creepy guy that wrote all those horror books locked in a basement while blizted out of his mind? that guy??

sk: yeah it turns out this version of me is actually chronicling their jour-

publisher: *pushes back chair, stands up and leaves*

It's okay because he wrote himself as a pathetic alcoholic

also I really hope the rumors are true and Pedro Pascal is Roland in the series
I need a good adaptation please

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's okay because he wrote himself as a pathetic alcoholic

also I really hope the rumors are true and Pedro Pascal is Roland in the series
I need a good adaptation please

i’ve been thinking about reading the dark tower series, the whole connective mythos has always been interesting. the series written over such a long time made me hesitant that his vices may have made getting through it a slog

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
New thread is dead. I'll start a new new one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mexi posted:

i’ve been thinking about reading the dark tower series, the whole connective mythos has always been interesting. the series written over such a long time made me hesitant that his vices may have made getting through it a slog

it's really good, at least the first 4 books are some of the best he's ever written.
The 3 post-van accident are controversial but the overall story is still very good and in hindsight, very satisfying even though initially everything feels like a punch in the stomach

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
what i meant to say ways TRUMP

emphasis on the RUMPP

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Just read all of Stephen Kings works chronologically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist