Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
oh hey level three uptie gives a story vignette

liu association gregor is a bit of a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Google Jeb Bush posted:

So far all the story vignettes kind of reveal that "this AU has a worse version of the Sinner". Either they're personally more awful, or their life is objectively shittier due to circumstances.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Lord_Magmar posted:

So far all the story vignettes kind of reveal that "this AU has a worse version of the Sinner". Either they're personally more awful, or their life is objectively shittier due to circumstances.

W Corp Don be like:

Her support passive is called Broken Spirit.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

BisbyWorl posted:

W Corp Don be like:

Her support passive is called Broken Spirit.

Shi Association Don is worse.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Also my ID is U187052563. Got W Don, R Ishmael, plus Liu Meursault, LCCB Rodion at Uptie 3.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lord_Magmar posted:

mariachi don doesn't seem morally shittier but isn't very well treated

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So apparently the attack power difference (which raises are you level up) gives you a bonus in clashes, so if you're really struggling in a fight it could be that you're simply underleveled rather than have a bad team.

Also my code is L318859111, I've got 000 Don and Gregor uptied, as well as 00 Lobotomy Corp Faust and Mariachi Sinclair.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Google Jeb Bush posted:

mariachi don doesn't seem morally shittier but isn't very well treated

Isn't that Mariachi Sinclaire, to go with Tingtang Hong Lu.

Also yeah fighting humans really isn't great is it, the lack of intention in the clashing makes it super snowbally if you're behind. I think I'd much rather be allowed to pick clashes always, rather than only against abnormalities.

Edit: Yeah basically the second one of your characters gets staggered they might as well be dead because you cannot manipulate enemy attacks at all.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 1, 2023

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Wow, a support person is just a full extra character? That seems like it would have been a good mechanic to have a tutorial about, gotta say.

My id is V686258305, I have 3* Gregor and Ryoshu at 3 upties (I can't help seeing that as up-tee) as well as LCCB Rodion and G Corp Outis.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Lord_Magmar posted:

R Heathcliff is thriving and I'm happy for him

Meleemancer
Jul 24, 2007

Weapons that don't cost MP? Why would you want that?
I'm V669764305 and focusing on upthreading 00s at the moment. That third rank really makes a huge difference, huh? I kind of wish there was a tutorial about upthreading ingame somewhere.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, this is how I'm reading the damage-based ailments so far.

Each ailment has 2 different numbers, Count (here referred to as X) and Potency (Y).

Burn: The target takes Y damage at the end of each round, for X rounds.
Bleed: The target takes Y damage after every coin flip for X coin flips.
Rupture: The target takes Y damage in addition to normal attack damage for the next X hits.
Sinking: The target takes Y SP damage (Gloom-based normal damage if target is a an Abnormality with no SP) in addition to normal attack damage for the next X hits.

Tremor and Poise still have me a little confused tho. And Sinking doesn't seem all that great? I've never made anyone Panic with it.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Lord_Magmar posted:

Liu Meursault seems to have found his rhythm in being an enigmatic and soft-spoken instructor, and frankly good for him... especially as a balance to Liu Gregor.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lord_Magmar posted:

What I find interesting is that the Sinners tend to clump together. A full half of them are involved in the Blade Lineage/Kurokumo story, and with the exception of L Corp Faust the rest all show up in groups of three or four despite coming from vastly different locations in the City. It makes me wonder if there's more significance to the Sinners coming together as a group under Dante than there seems - especially because they've all got evil counterparts who have, themselves, banded together.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There's been some really interesting side lore going on so far in the main story. Chapter 1 obviously had all the stuff about the old G Corp and the Smoke War's veterans, Chapter 2 had interesting info on J Corp's side Singularity of the luck stickers as well as saying that, yeah, there are plenty of people who are mad about the wealth disparity of the City and wanna do something about it, and while I haven't finished Chapter 3 yet, we've got K Corp's cell part strike team names, N Corp's anti-prosthetic bias, this Siegfried guy who's basically playing All Might meets Homelander, and Vergillius's "deal" with Don Quixote.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

There's been some really interesting side lore going on so far in the main story. Chapter 1 obviously had all the stuff about the old G Corp and the Smoke War's veterans, Chapter 2 had interesting info on J Corp's side Singularity of the luck stickers as well as saying that, yeah, there are plenty of people who are mad about the wealth disparity of the City and wanna do something about it, and while I haven't finished Chapter 3 yet, we've got K Corp's cell part strike team names, N Corp's anti-prosthetic bias, this Siegfried guy who's basically playing All Might meets Homelander, and Vergillius's "deal" with Don Quixote.
Don't forget the stuff about Lob Corp and Carmen, too! Not only do we now explicitly understand what happened in the last five days of LobCorp (since it's what's happening at the end of each of the dungeons) but L-Corp Faust's side story basically confirms that the narrator for the stories is almost certainly Carmen ("If there is one thing she hasn't lost, it would be a fact, tying her to the old L Corp...Yes, the fact that she once worked for the company where my children resided.")

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wanna say something about that really quickly: There's one story so far that hasn't been narrated by this person: WARP Faust's is in the form of an audio log recorded by Faust herself.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So is it just me or is that ego gift that unstaggers enemies at the start of a turn and gives them bleed for a few rounds instead kinda bad.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I'm I328016446 (Letter I at the start).

I've got max uptie on Shi Section Don 00, W Corp Faust 00, Shi Section Ishmael 00, Kurokumo Rodion 000, Tingtang gangleader Hong Lu 000, G Corp Manager Corporal Gregor 000.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 1, 2023

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Really feel like there needs to be some kind of sweep function for the mirror dungeons, they take way too long and since it's equalized content level-wise it's difficult to make them go significantly faster.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 1, 2023

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

X488912080. Have the 000 Ryoshu at three upties. Going to sit down and add all the goons in thread some time today.

Kind of just taking it easy currently and wishing for an autocomplete option.

Chapter 2 really captures the meaning of the term Fail Upward.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Junpei posted:

Tremor and Poise still have me a little confused tho. And Sinking doesn't seem all that great? I've never made anyone Panic with it.

Some skills (for example, Banner Gregor has one) "burst" the Tremor, and then it does, something I can't remember. Lower stagger tresholds, thus making the toon easier to stagger? Something like that. It worsens their defence somehow.

Poise is extra crit chance.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Cirina posted:

So is it just me or is that ego gift that unstaggers enemies at the start of a turn and gives them bleed for a few rounds instead kinda bad.

It worked out pretty well for me: Against a big single-target boss at the end of a Mirror Dungeon it poured 21 bleed power with 3 stacks on him for a single turn, and he just outright killed himself from it. It's definitely a risky play, because you don't get the nice one-sided Fatal strikes of normal stagger, but if your enemies throw a lot of coins around it does work. For reference, I took that as my entrance Gift for the dungeon and it never caused me major problems throughout.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I love that one that makes so that if you use a single-coin skill and it doesn't kill you reuse it somewhere else.

Once I started a run with a "Bleed-based or Wrath skills inflict an (extra) three Bleed" one and that made me auto-go for Kurokumo Hong Lu and Ryoshu and that was a joyous run.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

3-17 feels like an impassible nightmare, especially the way that the whistle works. Especially when you're trying to stay in the game and your Sinners just refuse to clash with stuff so they get one-sided at the start of the round.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 1, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah, the biggest issue I have with the game is that you can't choose who you clash with in standard battles. I've lost at least one fight because Rodion decided to beat up on a staggered dude instead of defending herself against the boss, it's infuriating.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Tremor rocks, it lowers stagger thresholds, and a staggered enemy is a dead one. My first mirror dungeon started with the gift that gave tremor to purple attacks and I fuckin sailed through on that

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yeah the number of one-sided attacks enemies just get for free is completely unbearable.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I'm W166995259, for what its worth. Haven't uptied my poo poo much, but also, haven't really needed to? Sounds like Chapter 3 might be a stumbling block though.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Friend code is Y954368448, haven't done much uptying yet but I have rerolled until I had 4 SSR Identities including Don (took literal hours)

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i posted that and immediately ate poo poo to these k corp guys lmao

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
you need to hard pivot to blunt from slash it's a rude awakening lmaoo

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
K106480700

Got Uptie 3 Warp Don, Rabbit Heath, Reindeer Ishmael, Kurokumo Rodion, G Corp Gregor, and Tingtang Hong Lu

all Gacha Egos equipped too + up to BP6 Egos as well. Everyone listed is only lvl 20 right now and those not listed aren't Uptied

Egos are not Uptied yet

feel free to add me if you need to Beat Something Up, Hurtily

MotU fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 1, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

MetaMeme posted:

Whoever has R Corp Ishmael in the thread is a lifesaver through the support system for Chapter 3.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You have to long press on the identity menu to view the details. AFAICT there is nothing anywhere in the game that indicates you can do this and there's nothing in any of the other menus that needs a long press.

Other mobile games have done this in the past and I thought "Well, why not." Still pretty poo poo of them not to say anything, tho.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Beat chapter 3. That was good fuckin' poo poo.

I was not expecting Mili this early.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Currently have the ridiculous slash machine that is Blade Lineage Salsu Yi Sang 000 alongside Hu Long's Tingtang Gang Leader 000. Not uptied yet but i'm working on getting enough for it.

ID is W61478261. Add me to friends if those sound useful.

Life is full of vroom vroom.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 1, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

ID T719594781

Adding people works until it starts getting a weird error and then the game d/cs, huh...

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Lord_Magmar posted:

Whoever has R Corp Ishmael in the thread is a lifesaver through the support system for Chapter 3.

Glad to be of service! I did just nearly lose a dungeon run to Mind Whip accidentally going off and OKO'ing my own Meursault after everything was dead. :v:

MetaMeme posted:

You mentioned some really bad random luck beats during a Mirror earlier and I just discovered something relevant: If you go into the settings cogwheel mid-battle and select Give Up, as long as you're not fully cleaned out? It rescinds the entire battle. No consequences, no costs other than IRL lost time. You can wind back the clock like Dante themselves and retry if somebody gets absolutely lasered down for no reason, as long as you catch it before a full party wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Man I got Stray Alley Dog or whatever it's name was at the end of a Mirror Dungeon and was it supposed to be a joke? I 2 rounded it.