Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

HiroProtagonist posted:

saw this posted elsewhere in the subforum and the epstein related bells started going off in my head.

Can we just please note that this does get posted to the thread semi regularly and also note that this is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lampsacus posted:

Can we just please note that this does get posted to the thread semi regularly and also note that this is ok.

everything's fine

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the legless guy is just wearing tin foil lined khakis

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
it's time to cancel the FBI for being conspiracy theorists

FBI director says China lab leak likely caused COVID pandemic

edit:

Hubbert posted:

Yeah, I was just reading that article just now, but DOE made this judgement with "low confidence." According to the same article, the FBI previously came to the conclusion that the pandemic was likely the result of a lab leak in 2021 ("medium confidence") ...

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 05:03 on Mar 1, 2023

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

the legless guy is just wearing tin foil lined khakis

"dammit zuckerberg we need the legs update!"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/seriations/status/1630495545167937537

quote:

Under no circumstances should you hand over your dreams & sleep habits to the Pokémon Company, CIA spin-off Niantic Labs, Nintendo, Coors, or any other major corporation, particularly those in the entertainment & software sectors

Niantic Labs is a Google-midwifed spinoff of the CIA’s venture capital arm, In-Q-Tel. Pokémon Go collects extensive & constantly updated biographical information on users

The CIA, NSA and Pokémon Go

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

"Pokémon is an op" hell yes. gently caress yeah. I am reaching enlightenment.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
do you remember when Strava, the fitness tracking app, released its aggregated tracking results, and it (inadvertently) revealed the presence of previously-unknown US bases because there were jogging heatmaps leading to places that, according to maps, were supposed to contain nothing?

consider the possibilities enabled by getting people to scout locations for you by using Pokemon as a lure

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

do you remember when Strava, the fitness tracking app, released its aggregated tracking results, and it (inadvertently) revealed the presence of previously-unknown US bases because there were jogging heatmaps leading to places that, according to maps, were supposed to contain nothing?

consider the possibilities enabled by getting people to scout locations for you by using Pokemon as a lure

Yes, I remember, because I had to put my Garmin in a locked box and it sucked dick. Someone invent a miniature mechanical inertial guidance system I can put in a watch instead or something.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1630905394313986050

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
spooky

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol is falcon guy gonna sell a tshirt with my post on it?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

You're being paid in exposure.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

e: you know what nevermind, I meant this totally in passing

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it owns that martin random is a twitter guy with 35k followers who tweets epstein thread posts now. i love that guy.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Real hurthling! posted:

it's a good post!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

you are all asking a lot of questions about the epstein thread that are already answered by my epstein thread t-shirt

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

my bony fealty posted:

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

psyduck has always had big mkultra vibes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
mfw the sonic assault weapons barrage me constantly at the embassy: :psyduck:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

reveal yourself falcon guy. stop appropriating posting labor

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
jolyon west fursona

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

about a year ago the UFO thread talked briefly about a similar app but instead of hunting pokemon it led you to something "weird" or whatever. I think it used the same dataset but was more or less done to catalogue points of interests. I tried it out in one of the wealthier areas here and it led me to some, i think, ambassador residence, used it where I live(non wealthy area) and it led me to a fairly decent smoke spot. I think it led me there because lots of different cellphones would all go there regularly. But other users have gotten led to "weird" things like abandoned cars, memorial stones, or small paths or whatever, others to "scary" places where they psyche themselves up.

Anyway just pointing it out cause they marketed it as a "game" or paranormal thing to attract youths i guess, but I think it was largely just to catalogue what odd off places where people gathered were.

Like if it's a normal jogging path but for some reason 3% of all the tracked phones go on a side-quest it would use that as a "point of interest" and lead some bored youth there to check it out for them under the guise of paranormal.

cant recall the app name atm though but theres a bunch of "spooky" videos on youtube from it EDIT: It's randonautica I'd link a video but they all have eerie music and jumpscares in them so it's pretty lame but

quote:

Randonautica is an app launched on February 22, 2020 founded by Joshua Lengfelder. It randomly generates coordinates that enable the user to explore their local area and report on their findings. According to its creators, the app is "an attractor of strange things," letting one choose specific coordinates based on a certain theme. It has gained controversy after several reports on the app generating coordinates, seemingly coincidentally, where disturbing things were present

the "coincidental" is that people would stray from the regular path to take a closer look at [whatever] and it'd become a point of interest. Anyway iirc it had bonuses etc if you reported what it was and submitted images so it looks very much like a crowdsourced tool to catalogue urban environment

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Mar 1, 2023

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

reveal yourself falcon guy. stop appropriating posting labor

he can't, he's permabanned.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

did you know that there's one that's just a set of keys??

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I know a couple posters here (I think PMJ and maybe others) have regularly mentioned that there is a difference between understanding marxism and what you do with it. I dunno if anyone posted more support for that but I saw these today together and thought of posting it here

https://twitter.com/AntonJaegermm/status/1446855151696945155?s=20

https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1446967468669427712?s=20

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

fanfic insert posted:

about a year ago the UFO thread talked briefly about a similar app but instead of hunting pokemon it led you to something "weird" or whatever. I think it used the same dataset but was more or less done to catalogue points of interests. I tried it out in one of the wealthier areas here and it led me to some, i think, ambassador residence, used it where I live(non wealthy area) and it led me to a fairly decent smoke spot. I think it led me there because lots of different cellphones would all go there regularly. But other users have gotten led to "weird" things like abandoned cars, memorial stones, or small paths or whatever, others to "scary" places where they psyche themselves up.

Anyway just pointing it out cause they marketed it as a "game" or paranormal thing to attract youths i guess, but I think it was largely just to catalogue what odd off places where people gathered were.

Like if it's a normal jogging path but for some reason 3% of all the tracked phones go on a side-quest it would use that as a "point of interest" and lead some bored youth there to check it out for them under the guise of paranormal.

cant recall the app name atm though but theres a bunch of "spooky" videos on youtube from it EDIT: It's randonautica I'd link a video but they all have eerie music and jumpscares in them so it's pretty lame but

the "coincidental" is that people would stray from the regular path to take a closer look at [whatever] and it'd become a point of interest. Anyway iirc it had bonuses etc if you reported what it was and submitted images so it looks very much like a crowdsourced tool to catalogue urban environment

This app famously led a few teens in Seattle to a suitcase that contained a dismembered corpse.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://husseini.substack.com/p/crucial-points-on-pandemic-origins-a87

quote:

We should be examining lab *origin* not lab "leak". There is no reason to assume this was a mistake. There are a number of plausible scenarios for intentional release, most obviously that the labs in Wuhan could be being framed. Thus “truth” regarding pandemic origins may be within a narrow frame — a limited hangout as Whitney Webb notes. This story may well be less about a mistake and more about a structure. It's not about scientific curiosity being demented, it's about scientific fields being corrupted and militarized to create that edifice. 

Sam Husseini ftw

multistability has issued a correction as of 01:38 on Mar 2, 2023

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Goddamn this denial that the ‘Havana syndrome’ diplomats were hit with ‘a weapon’ only makes me more confident that it was some TLA aggressive eavesdropping.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

fanboy behavior

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

nut posted:

I know a couple posters here (I think PMJ and maybe others) have regularly mentioned that there is a difference between understanding marxism and what you do with it. I dunno if anyone posted more support for that but I saw these today together and thought of posting it here

https://twitter.com/AntonJaegermm/status/1446855151696945155?s=20

https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1446967468669427712?s=20

jim cramer famously has a similar story. I think it's probably because of the inability of westerners to organize at scale based on marxism in the post-ww2 order--partly because it isn't 1850 anymore and western workers have much more to lose than their chains in terms of value extracted from the global south, and partly because of :nsa:. they can see marxism is scientifically correct, but its potential must be realized from the global south, so westerners just end up losing hope and becoming investment banking trots.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

holy poo poo hersh has been slamming out articles

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Once Upon a Time In Hollywood has a lovely little sirhan sirhan cameo

it's a movie that involves manson so idk felt like a jolly old easter egg for the realheads out there.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

yo ok, so that south carolina guy, alex murdaugh who (probably) killed his house keeper and his wife and son that killed a girl with a dui, and (definitely) hired a hitman to kill himself to get his other son a huge insurance payout, apparently paid the housekeepers family bribes in an insurance fraud scheme to sue him for their own mothers murder so that he could steal 3 million from the settlement fund.

Update: Dude was just found guilty. What a loving weird case. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/02/us/alex-murdaugh-guilty.html

Edit: Getting some Steve Jail vibes from a murderer named Murdaugh who had a lawyer named Dick Harpootlian.

Pulcinella has issued a correction as of 04:43 on Mar 3, 2023

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You can tell Steve Jail was a joke because it isn't quite ridiculous enough

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
xposting from teh poop culture thread:

an extremely long and good overview of the POW/MIA myth as it applies to chuck norris and teh cia: https://letterboxd.com/pd187/film/missing-in-action/

some excerpts

quote:

4.CHUCK NORRIS

1968: freshly discharged from korea & working for defense contractor northrop aviation*** (now stealth bomber producer/avengers partner northrop-grumman), carlos "chuck" norris began his film career handling stunts on john wayne's pro-war blockbuster THE GREEN BERETS, an expensive piece of pro-war propaganda shot at fort benning, georgia** with full assistance from the pentagon & president johnson. wayne spent 3 weeks on an overseas defense dept tour doing "research" for the film and publically boasted it would eliminate all opposition to america's war. i havent seen it, but glamour's michael korda called it a "simple-minded tract in praise of killing, brutality and american superiority over asians," concluding "i do not know how it would be possible to produce a more revolting picture, short of giving martin bormann several million dollars for a technicolor movie showing auschwitz was a wonderful place to live".

quote:

4A: BRUCE LEE

credited as "karate advisor" on the film, bruce in 1968 was at the center of co-star tate & her husband polanski's creepy LA party scene along with her ex-bf/fellow manson victim jay sebring. sebring was one of bruce's initial friends & contacts in hollywood, the guy who got him hired as kato on the green hornet, but polanski suspected lee of tate & sebring's home invasion murders** (murders that the feds - well, INS - said were retaliation for info she had about sirhan sirhan)******** claiming he found lee's glasses at the scene of the crime. in his autobio, bruce relates his discomfort at polanski's hollywood parties, which he described as "guys in their 50s making passes at 14 & 15 year old girls." ("morals do not exist there" he said). (gritz met his wife when she enrolled in his karate class, aged 16). polanski's satanic panic psyop rosemarys baby, produced by kissinger buddy robert evans, debuted 2 weeks before the green berets - the same week as rfk's assassination, an assassination that split the antiwar primary vote and guaranteed the election of nixon & escalation of the war. during this peak of american jingoism, bruce had become the archetype of an asian-american hero that whites admired & even idolized, and for nixon & the supporters & architects of the war, demonizing america's south-asian enemy as "other" was a lot harder when enlistment-aged boys had posters of bruce lee on the wall. with bruce dead at 32 by 1973, chuck norris was free to take his rival's place as hollywood's #1 martial artist of the 70s, one who didn't question white male dominance or u.s. policy. the heroic asian role model bruce had created was replaced with sneaky, faceless orientals chuck norris would slaughter by the thousands.

quote:

4B: CHUCK NORRIS FACTS

--which like most modern "internet humor" seems born from some untraceable, unfunny collective consciousness but really its just 4chan + somethingawful. the idea of chuck as the world's biggest badass was a targeted nerdwashing of the badass black boasts of vietnam draft resister muhammad ali ("I'm so fast last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.") applied to a guy involved in the single biggest propaganda effort of the war (just like how they replaced bruce with chuck). the "free web" ecosytem has always been infested with feds - you can draw a straight line from heavily-compromised tor/EFF/lulzsec/anon crap to early-00s FBI honeypot encyclopedia dramatica (founded by an NSA "q" clearance cybersecurity expert https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherroddegrippo ) and somethingawful's intel-contract "white hat" hackers, bored mercs jetting off to libya to try & kill gaddafi (one of the CIA consultants dead in benghazi's embassy was SA moderator "vilerat"), and troll king/[alleged]FBI informant/swastika-tatted anti-semite weev (from paperclip to "irony guys" it always comes back to nazis x feds). ubisoft/gameloft (the guys who made like 800 tom clancy shooters called poo poo like RAINBOW SPEAR: GUANTANAMO BLACK OPS RECON STRIKE with pentagon/defense dept backing) even did a mobile game called CHUCK NORRIS: BRING ON THE PAIN (chris rock or method man???) where you kill fidel & reinvade cambodia to - get this - rescue hidden american POWs.

quote:

by 1975, the former nixon policy of supporting white-ruled african dictatorships (called, no bullshit, the TAR BABY OPTION en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_Baby_Option ) was slowing under prez ford but maintained wide support in the republican party. more even than south africa, rhodesia represented the closest thing the world had to a full-blown white nationalist state, the place where james earl ray tried to flee to after the MLK assassination. until reading up on this poo poo i had no idea what a big deal this was in 70s republican politics: gov reagan, running to ford's right in the 1976 primary, challenged the president's reluctance to send troops to rhodesia - ford's mild support for african majority rule was enough to secure reagan the bigot vote and win him at least one 1976 republican primary, even after ford ran ads that prophetically warned "when you vote tuesday, remember: governor reagan cant start a war. president reagan could." (ronnie voters considered that an endorsement).

quote:

in 2008, robin moore finally died at his home in hopkinsville, KY, the headquarters of the green berets 5th special forces unit (same as gritz & rambo) and, for all my ufo-psyop/MILAB believers, the hopskinsville goblin encounter. he's buried in a family plot in concord massachusetts' sleepy hollow cemetery, alongside thoreau, ralph waldo emerson, louisa may alcott, and a bunch of the guys who built the h-bomb.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I read the name Vilerat I yell “Motherfucker” at the screen

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

an extremely long and good overview of the POW/MIA myth as it applies to chuck norris and teh cia: https://letterboxd.com/pd187/film/missing-in-action/

some excerpts

missed this one

quote:

SYLVESTER STALLONE IN RAMBO

anagrams to

ROBIN SLAYS MENTAL LOSER VET

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Koirhor posted:

Every time I read the name Vilerat I yell “Motherfucker” at the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

some excerpts

which one of you wrote that lol