Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

The above post is canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Buddykins posted:

this guy is 28 lol jesus loving christ

That's what every twenty-something white guy looks like now, the younger generations are hosed lol

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

good thing the havana act payments are classified

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

No scope 😎

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

Beeftweeter posted:

he is happy to hear that

:dogstare:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

I had school books that used these terms. latinos would be caucasianoids iirc.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's what every twenty-something white guy looks like now, the younger generations are hosed lol

good thing i'm not white

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

I had a book that separated humans into 4 categories Caucasian / Mongoloid / Negroid / Aborigine but it was from the fuckin 80s (and it was human classification, not ethnicities) which is pretty appropriate because these dudes want the 80s back

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

lol and dang what does that flaming head remind me of? another flaming head from a game or album cover or something

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Buddykins posted:

this guy is 28 lol jesus loving christ

from the patton oswalt genus

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

What Miller did does not violate current abortion laws in Texas, legal experts say. But the fear among doctors and patients in the new legal landscape in Texas is extreme, to the point where — as Miller found — some doctors won't say the word "abortion" in the exam room.

The first amendment of the constitution protects free speech, explains Elizabeth Sepper, professor of law at University of Texas at Austin. "Physicians have independent speech rights, to speak to their patients openly," she says. "Physicians should not be scared to say the 'a-word.'"

Nevertheless, that seems to be what's happening. Many doctors in Texas who treat pregnant patients are extremely scared, especially of language in one of the state's abortion bans that allows people to take civil action against anyone who "aids or abets" abortion.

"It's just absolutely crippling," says Lauren Miller's OB-GYN, who asked that NPR not use her name because she is not authorized by her employer to speak with the media.

Many doctors are unwilling to speak publicly about this issue. A half dozen Texas OB-GYNs NPR contacted for this story didn't respond or declined to comment.

"People are scared to talk," says Dr. Andrea Palmer, an OB-GYN in Fort Worth. If a doctor acknowledges publicly that they counsel their patients on abortion, she adds, they might worry they would be set up by someone posing as a patient or family member looking to bait them into talking about abortion and then sue.

"I have colleagues who say cryptic things like, 'The weather's really nice in New Mexico right now. You should go check it out.' Or, 'I've heard traveling to Colorado is really nice this time of year,' " says Miller's OB-GYN. Patients have to be well-educated enough to pick up on these hints, do their own research, and figure out what to do next. They also have to have the means to travel or find funding to do so, if they want to pursue abortion.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
guy who only watches flaming head videos: getting a lot of flaming head vibes from this

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I had school books that used these terms. latinos would be caucasianoids iirc.

yeah, old anthropology books have this as well--I came across is while reading books about the Body Farm in TN. I always wondered what mixed race people would be considered, then.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

doctors speaking in secret code they hope the patients can figure out because they never know who might be working for Project Veritas or whatever the gently caress

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

such a great movie & soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5yGSQE_koQ

Boob Cop
Jan 1, 2023

I swear to god I'll do it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bebop esq posted:

yeah, old anthropology books have this as well--I came across is while reading books about the Body Farm in TN. I always wondered what mixed race people would be considered, then.

"mulattoed"

like literally "mule" i think lol

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

tacodaemon posted:

What Miller did does not violate current abortion laws in Texas, legal experts say. But the fear among doctors and patients in the new legal landscape in Texas is extreme, to the point where — as Miller found — some doctors won't say the word "abortion" in the exam room.

The first amendment of the constitution protects free speech, explains Elizabeth Sepper, professor of law at University of Texas at Austin. "Physicians have independent speech rights, to speak to their patients openly," she says. "Physicians should not be scared to say the 'a-word.'"

Nevertheless, that seems to be what's happening. Many doctors in Texas who treat pregnant patients are extremely scared, especially of language in one of the state's abortion bans that allows people to take civil action against anyone who "aids or abets" abortion.

"It's just absolutely crippling," says Lauren Miller's OB-GYN, who asked that NPR not use her name because she is not authorized by her employer to speak with the media.

Many doctors are unwilling to speak publicly about this issue. A half dozen Texas OB-GYNs NPR contacted for this story didn't respond or declined to comment.

"People are scared to talk," says Dr. Andrea Palmer, an OB-GYN in Fort Worth. If a doctor acknowledges publicly that they counsel their patients on abortion, she adds, they might worry they would be set up by someone posing as a patient or family member looking to bait them into talking about abortion and then sue.

"I have colleagues who say cryptic things like, 'The weather's really nice in New Mexico right now. You should go check it out.' Or, 'I've heard traveling to Colorado is really nice this time of year,' " says Miller's OB-GYN. Patients have to be well-educated enough to pick up on these hints, do their own research, and figure out what to do next. They also have to have the means to travel or find funding to do so, if they want to pursue abortion.

loving hell

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

:eggystare:

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Never ever move to a red state under any circumstances

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

smarxist posted:

"mulattoed"

like literally "mule" i think lol

that's not an anthropological "race" category, though, like the others are.

the word was used, yeah, but I mean according to the "there are 3 races" thing.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

as I said, some of these things are actually getting enough pushback from the non-chuds in red states that they're flopping

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1630972740512493568

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

neat, they're developing the secret handmaid's language

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
the cool zone approaches at full speed

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
much like trump's hurricane drawing, we are in the outskirts of it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bebop esq posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NMt42il4Q

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sometimes when i think things are bad i remember the last 3 minutes of Jessica exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRDivUb5EeA

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/katiedimartin/status/1630971770332237824

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
First do no harm. Unless a politician asks you to.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yo if the ladies start picking up bricks, make sure you're doing so as well

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

smarxist posted:

sometimes when i think things are bad i remember the last 3 minutes of Jessica exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRDivUb5EeA

I havent heard this song in nearly 15 years. gently caress i remember listening to it while homeschooled

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/J__Velasquez/status/1630950524873785346

Apr 7, 2003

Every time I think of Greg Allman I think of that I'm No Angel song

Oh, come on, baby
Come and let me show you my tattoo

lol

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Buddykins posted:

I havent heard this song in nearly 15 years. gently caress i remember listening to it while homeschooled

the accordion-centered They Might Be Giants cover of it is fun too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGwb_D9yNRk

Apr 7, 2003

Being a cop must be awesome, you make six figures to brutalize and murder people you hate and when you gently caress up someone else pays the price.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

smarxist posted:

a gentleman always tips his hat to a lady before lighting her molotov cocktail

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

smarxist posted:

Playtime is over

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

in the last thread I wanted to ask whether it was "good" or "problematic" because it's been so long since I have seen it and I was somewhat young at the time all I really remember is the "angry inch" song but I guess I was afraid to ask or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

So many doctors are so happy in Texas that they don't have to offer their patients reproductive care

Just happy as a clam that they can replace their malicious omissions with legally-required omissions