Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

50th anniversary of Dark Side of the Moon today.

Iirc the goon hivemind thinks it's bad because it's popular but it's still a good album.

That’s not true, I think it’s bad because so much of it was heavily overplayed by boomer classic rock radio (Although admittedly The Wall annoys me much more) and I generally don’t care for Pink Floyd :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Animals and Wish You Were Here are superior albums anyway, but Dark Side is pretty great.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's no Willy and the Poor Boys

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Update your style guides, I'm being told it is now Benny with a y instead of Bennie with an ie, which I am in support of. My dad was very particular that the dog we adopted when I was in elementary school was Sonny like the name, not Sunny like the adjective, so this is an unsurprising change.

Also they do not deny that Benny is a spoiled only child starting from day 1 (laying on a dog bed that is on the couch)

Prayers up for Benny, who went to the vet and was diagnosed with parvo yesterday. My parents took him in pretty much as soon as something seemed wrong, and he got fluids all day. The vet was comfortable sending him home with my parents instead of having them take him to a 24 hour vet in the Cities, and he kept some food down overnight. He's going back to the vet again today for fluids and ??? other treatments they give.

Both of my parents are retired and he is already the main focus of their lives, so rest assured he is getting constant care and attention.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Prayers up for Benny, who went to the vet and was diagnosed with parvo yesterday. My parents took him in pretty much as soon as something seemed wrong, and he got fluids all day. The vet was comfortable sending him home with my parents instead of having them take him to a 24 hour vet in the Cities, and he kept some food down overnight. He's going back to the vet again today for fluids and ??? other treatments they give.

Both of my parents are retired and he is already the main focus of their lives, so rest assured he is getting constant care and attention.

Ahhhhhh poor little guy. Good luck, Benny!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kalli posted:

I don't love that album, but my first experience was someone doing the Wizard of Oz thing with it, and that's a real bad way to experience either.

Like sitting through an hour long boring music video.

Yeah I've heard of the whole syncs up with Wizard of Oz thing and never been tempted to try it as I don't know what that experience really offers that's better than either alone.

fartknocker posted:

That’s not true, I think it’s bad because so much of it was heavily overplayed by boomer classic rock radio (Although admittedly The Wall annoys me much more) and I generally don’t care for Pink Floyd :v:

I guess it didn't get ruined for me because my dad was obsessed with the Beatles instead. :v:

Also BJOT I hope Benny is okay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Prayers up for Benny, who went to the vet and was diagnosed with parvo yesterday.

quote:

Your puppy is exposed to the parvovirus every time he sniffs, licks, or consumes infected feces.

Best of luck to the little shiteating bastard.

Looking this up it's probably gonna be ok in 4 or 5 days, and just keep him away from other dogs for a while afterwards? Hopefully? Like if he makes it through this it isn't a lifelong thing or anything right, so that's kinda good news.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Best of luck to the little shiteating bastard.

Looking this up it's probably gonna be ok in 4 or 5 days, and just keep him away from other dogs for a while afterwards? Hopefully? Like if he makes it through this it isn't a lifelong thing or anything right, so that's kinda good news.

I'm not 100% sure, I just know it's a big cause for puppy mortality. A coworker of mine lost a puppy to parvo right after they got it, but they were in rural WI on a weekend when vets were closed, so they didn't get it there right away.

All of the other dogs he has been near recently were already vaccinated. He actually got vaccinated a couple of days after my parents got him, but the vet told them he would have been exposed and had it before they got him.

My dad said they're doing blood work today looking for signs of bone marrow damage, which sounds ominous, but the vet is cautiously optimistic with how well he's done so far.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/hamcarless/status/1630765933768724483?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They all look like coke dealers until you hit Woodrow Wilson and they morph into either Metal Gear or Steampunk villains.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

They all look like coke dealers until you hit Woodrow Wilson and they morph into either Metal Gear or Steampunk villains.

Youre gonna just blow right over the fact that they gave Dwight E a smile like a velociraptor?!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Metal Gear?!?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would go on an crazy acid journey with mullet Lincoln

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Guys everytime i blink I see Dwight but he gets closer in each frame please help me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Herbert Hoover looks like Jack Black's character in Brutal Legend

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Richard Nixon definitely put some sawdust in a Ford Fairlane and sold it to someone

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Benny

My dad posted:

Afternoon update from the vet: Benny continues to improve, his fever has dropped, blood counts look good. He's eating everything he's offered and is in good spirits. He'll come home again tonight, then spend one more day in their care tomorrow. All in all a good report!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Stay strong Benny

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Carano got Poochy'ed (sorta) in latest Mando. The mildest of spoilers, if it could be considered one at all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Oh that’s true it restarts tonight.

If we didn’t watch any of the other series like Boba Fett, have we missed much if we just go from season 2 to season 3?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh that’s true it restarts tonight.

If we didn’t watch any of the other series like Boba Fett, have we missed much if we just go from season 2 to season 3?

Yes the last few episodes of boba fett become an important mini season of Mando

edit: episodes 5, 6 and 7

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I would watch the last 3 of BoB, but barring that I am sure there are synopses and a thousand youtube videos that will catch you up. But just watch the ladt three episodes, one is entirely just on Mando, and the other two are like 50% Mando.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rogue Elephant posted:

Yes the last few episodes of boba fett become an important mini season of Mando

edit: episodes 5, 6 and 7

swickles posted:

I would watch the last 3 of BoB, but barring that I am sure there are synopses and a thousand youtube videos that will catch you up. But just watch the ladt three episodes, one is entirely just on Mando, and the other two are like 50% Mando.

Much obliged to you both. :tipshat:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Much obliged to you both. :tipshat:

And all you need to know going into those episodes is "somehow, Boba Fett has returned"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

And all you need to know going into those episodes is "somehow, Boba Fett has returned"

Also he has Grogu again and a bitchin’ hot rod of an N1 Starfighter.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

fartknocker posted:

Also he has Grogu again and a bitchin’ hot rod of an N1 Starfighter.

I meant the boba fett episodes, the ones that explain those things.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

I just got told by one of my customers that I look like one of the guys in the Murdaugh family.

so

I learned something about myself today. :wtc:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Holy gently caress the lettuce on James Buchanan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

50th anniversary of Dark Side of the Moon today.

Iirc the goon hivemind thinks it's bad because it's popular but it's still a good album.

Goons are too far up their own asses to know what is good, like when the music forum told me that Paul McCartney is a lovely songwriter and the trailer thread told me The Raid 2 should have won best picture.

The Raid 2 was loving awesome but c'mon guys

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

Goons are too far up their own asses to know what is good, like when the music forum told me that Paul McCartney is a lovely songwriter and the trailer thread told me The Raid 2 should have won best picture.

The Raid 2 was loving awesome but c'mon guys

Has there ever been a best picture winner that most people would call the best picture that year?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Has there ever been a best picture winner that most people would call the best picture that year?

Crash, obviously.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cassablanca comes to mind first. Schindler's List? 12 Years a Slave? Argo?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Skwirl posted:

Forrest Gump.

I know what else came out that year. I stick with my choice. :colbert:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

Mad Max: Fury Road

No I don’t care what actually won that year

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Forrest Gump.

I know what else came out that year. I stick with my choice. :colbert:

Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Skwirl posted:

The Godfather or Platoon? The Deer Hunter? Maybe The Departed? Just thinking of a few semi-randomly.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction.

I said good day. :colbert:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I feel like this is what it would look like if a bald eagle could be human for a day.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Braksgirl posted:

I feel like this is what it would look like if a bald eagle could be human for a day.

That’s… pretty spot-on, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Braksgirl posted:

'merica