Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That sucks about Mattel, they are really doing great work with their toys lately, it’s just tough times out there. This might somewhat explain why they have sucked at getting preorders out there for their new stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

One thing I like to do after a big prop project is take all of my notes and sketches and compile them into a build log/journal. It started with just using 1” 3-ring binders, and now it’s grown to trying to have a little fun and make the journals a little bit in-universe as well, or at least in theme.

The latest thing is all the notes for my lightsaber builds, and I thought I’d compile them all into an ancient Jedi text. There might still be a little more I do with weathering washes, but I’m pretty pleased with this.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That looks great, is that actually made from burnt wood or is it just a convincing paint job?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

gregday posted:

One thing I like to do after a big prop project is take all of my notes and sketches and compile them into a build log/journal. It started with just using 1” 3-ring binders, and now it’s grown to trying to have a little fun and make the journals a little bit in-universe as well, or at least in theme.

The latest thing is all the notes for my lightsaber builds, and I thought I’d compile them all into an ancient Jedi text. There might still be a little more I do with weathering washes, but I’m pretty pleased with this.

But what do you do with the build notes for the prop builds notes book???

In all seriousness, this is amazing stuff.

gregday
May 23, 2003

It’s wood.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yo ho hoi!! Got my SH Figuarts Twokaiser I pre ordered long ago!

Didn’t see the fingers, and thought you were wearing the suit in your living room.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Still unsure if it want to get the HT CW Ashoka or Mando Ashoka. I think o might end up going with CW

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

Didn’t see the fingers, and thought you were wearing the suit in your living room.

Lol if I was in that shape and had real money I probably would have a few Tokusatsu suits

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Still unsure if it want to get the HT CW Ashoka or Mando Ashoka. I think o might end up going with CW

¿Porque no los dos?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wait a year or so, I’m sure they’ll announce a third Ahsoka after her series premieres later this year.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Found out that Neca re released the spider gremlin if you’ve wanted that

Saw a bunch at target

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Gettin' stupid on eBay again tonight... on the hunt for Marvel Legends Hand Ninjas for my Daredevil to fight.
A seller had a bunch available new in box for $18, plus offered 10% off if you buy at least 3 items at once, so I'm about to get

I guess I will have a bunch of spare Stilt Man legs real soon if anyone wants them?

In other news, BBTS finally has preorders up for Masterverse Shadow Weaver, Sorceress and Pig Man. Most of the new Origins figures somehow already show as sold out, but they still seem to have Tung Lashor, probably the most important of them. Their preorder for Thunder Punch He-Man keeps popping in and out of availability, and I keep missing it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I hate that they gave Ahsoka blue sabers in season 7. Her green and yellow-green sabers were unique and I’m convinced they were only changed for marketing purposes. It’s always Jedi = blue, bad guys = red on nearly every piece of Star Wars marketing. It’s dumb.

Anyway, her white sabers are also super cool and unique, so I’m real happy with the Mando one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nanigans posted:

I hate that they gave Ahsoka blue sabers in season 7. Her green and yellow-green sabers were unique and I’m convinced they were only changed for marketing purposes. It’s always Jedi = blue, bad guys = red on nearly every piece of Star Wars marketing. It’s dumb.

Anyway, her white sabers are also super cool and unique, so I’m real happy with the Mando one.

Nah, the green is basically reserved for the wise Jedi now, they decided to make the colors actually signify stuff. All the teachers and not-warrior types use green, all the actual knights who are defenders or whatever use blue. It's kinda dumb.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

Nah, the green is basically reserved for the wise Jedi now, they decided to make the colors actually signify stuff. All the teachers and not-warrior types use green, all the actual knights who are defenders or whatever use blue. It's kinda dumb.

But Obi-Wan, the OG wise teacher is blue, and Quinlan Vos, the “wild card” Jedi is green. Same with Ezra Bridger, another young, unorthodox Jedi.

It’s totally a marketing gimmick.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

¿Porque no los dos?

I’m at least TRYING not to double up on HT SW characters. And I say try because I do already have ESB Vader and CW Anakin and I really want to find Dark Side Anakin… but other than him no doubling up!!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’m at least TRYING not to double up on HT SW characters. And I say try because I do already have ESB Vader and CW Anakin and I really want to find Dark Side Anakin… but other than him no doubling up!!

Keep the faith!

If it makes a difference the CW Ahsoka is on a rubber body, the Mando Ahsoka is on a new silicone body. The silicone bodies are apparently more durable.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wow, evil magical Ben getting a ML already? Don't recognise the Jessica Drew costume, I only know the classic and the new one from a few years back.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Yes please

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1630965694857658371?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Does she come with wheatcakes?

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1630967084673904640?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Wow, evil magical Ben getting a ML already? Don't recognise the Jessica Drew costume, I only know the classic and the new one from a few years back.

I'm so mad, because I've been actively trawling eBay for a classic Jessica Drew Spider-Woman and that figure always goes for so much money now. In the back of my mind I was thinking "maybe they'll remake it soon," and then they finally show off a shiny new one, but with this weird costume... That doesn't help me, I want the red/yellow suit. I'll probably still shell out for the old one, and then get mad again when they do remake it for real.

Elektra Daredevil looks rad, I never read that comic but it's a cool character mash-up design, I'll probably get one of those.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

They’re really going in on replacing outdated figures. Except that drat classic SpiderWoman

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1630972118119641089?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Hold up

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1630972494084440067?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
At this point I mostly only care about X-Men figures but Hasbro's loving killing it with everything else

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Someone go check on NoP, he may have died from shock.

Also, I'm guessing the Haslab is a Quinjet?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Also, I'm guessing the Haslab is a Quinjet?

Hopefully not fatal since we don’t know for sure it has a Jessica head. (Unless we do and o missed it)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ooooh, the ONE TRUE Captain Marvel? I may have to make another exception to my 'no MLs' rule, Monica is bae.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I like the classic Clint on his stupid hover bike too.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

I like the classic Clint on his stupid hover bike too.

They should remake the Scarlet Witch figure with the vehicle but recreate the original face sculpt with updated tech lol

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Not all in on the MLS revealed today for reasons I’ve discussed, but they killed it. Compare them to Todd’s new “movie maniacs” revealed today

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1630976002686844950?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Lol

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Really stretching the meaning of Maniacs there.

Maybe instead of Ted Lasso they should have Led Tasso.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

I’m less dead and more cautiously optimistic. If it’s in an expensive two-pack it’s not a great deal, and if it doesn’t come with the right head it’s going to be especially annoying!

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
The Four Horsemen retailer exclusives are up:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&PageSize=100&SortOrder=New&Company=380

Headless Horseman is slated for Q1 2024 with a $14 deposit.

I also just got the "preorder processing soon" email from BBTS for MV Man-E-Faces.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 1, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Really stretching the meaning of Maniacs there.

Maybe instead of Ted Lasso they should have Led Tasso.

Also stretching the meaning of Movie

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

Not all in on the MLS revealed today for reasons I’ve discussed, but they killed it. Compare them to Todd’s new “movie maniacs” revealed today

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1630976002686844950?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Lol

This is insulting to me personally in every way Todd

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Couple more thoughts on Skrull Queen Spider-Woman: In the promo pictures it’s literally just the old figure from a few years ago aside from her head. Single elbows, pin holes in the knees. It could just be a mock up for the presentation, I don’t know if they have new tooling in the works. She did have unique tooling before due to the web-holes in her arms and that might be incentive for them to reuse it and save some money. The one in the black suit looks like the new style.

If it’s literally the same figure they put out tears ago, gently caress it, I’ll just ebay it. If they reveal an actual new updated figure, that might be worth paying the extra for the pack with a big green guy.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is there anyone in the US, or who has access to the US, who is able to help me get hold of the HIYA toys Godzilla figures? I'm in the UK and it's impossible to get them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Oh, if anyone didn’t see it, they’re making a fuckin owlbear, and that is an absolute must-have:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1630992015218409476?s=46&t=frZN27UHlgUCV4pxpAWahw

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
That thing was an instant pre-order for me. He's so goofy and adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Oh man they announced a jacket era black knight today, that's tempting.