Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lmao

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Has SPtarkov got streets running in it yet?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Has SPtarkov got streets running in it yet?

I believe it did with 3.5.0, which got folks going "hey wait streets is running better here what the gently caress"

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

sdr782 posted:

So these AI PMCs, do they actually act somewhat like players? Will they rush for hotspots like Dorms/resort & in combat to they do tactics like flanking or flushing out with grenades? Also, is it possible to both have SP tarkov and normal tarkov installed at once without getting banned from normal tark?

Since my last play through a few wipes ago, PMCs have been very aggressive and killing me a lot more, flanking and rushing a lot. They throw frags and everything, they loot bodies I think or at least scavs do. Sometimes maps and locations can feel like ghost towns between waves and stuff but some of the spawn improvement mods help with that and the last few games I’ve played have sounded like a war zone throughout the whole raid and I’ve been spooked at ai being in spots I didn’t expect.

All you do is copy the EFT folder in your BSG folder to your desktop and paste SPTarkov files into it and all the mods in there. No problem having both installed and you can play both with no problem.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

sdr782 posted:

So these AI PMCs, do they actually act somewhat like players? Will they rush for hotspots like Dorms/resort & in combat to they do tactics like flanking or flushing out with grenades?

They're still mostly just competent AI using rogue, raider, or boss follower AI. It's not even uncommon for the AI PMCs to get murdered by Scavs. They usually won't wander out of the area they spawn in unless they catch sight of you and are hunting. So typically you won't encounter them in between spawn hotspots. There are some mods that add more spawn locations to kind of fix that, but they don't really move around the map like real players.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
The EFT reddit has always been no-life gamers at their most deranged, but this video has made them go absolutely insane. It's like someone just proved to them that gravity isn't real or something.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

It should also be noted that SPTarkov could get you banned, fwiw. Devs consider it 3rd party software that violates ToS.

As such please keep links and such to PMs.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
nah

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I got the SP Tarkov up and running. It's sick, you can fix everything you hate about Tarkov. Hydration mechanic? Gone? lovely loot? Double the loot spawn modifier. Other players? Never again!

and then I found a bright purple Twitch.tv vest and got mad. I hate this streamer poo poo!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

purple is a great color and in SPT you can actually wear it!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I hate Pink and Purple! I hate vaporwave! I hate the whole internet gamer aesthetic! Get it out of my tactical FPS!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
BSG's animosity towards SPT is bizarre because SPT will never replicate Tarkov's most compelling feature: playing against human beings who will do all kinds of insane, unpredictable stuff and it is a complete non-issue as a competitor on that level. That said, it's compelling enough of a game on its own even without that and with a bit of modding it even works pretty well as a single player rpg-fps. Still doesn't replace the tarkov experience in any way, but having to fight your way through dozens of AI is fun enough in its own right.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

I appreciate that SPTarkov exists, and am glad for you if you're enjoying it, but the biggest thrill and biggest draw of Tarkov for me is the crushing lows of getting your poo poo stomped in, and exhilarating highs of stomping someone else's poo poo in. As a long-ago Eve Online addict I think I just have to cop to having a bit of a sado/masochist streak in my gaming habits.

In related hacker-fallout-chat... I'm having a hell of a loving time right now and CANNOT run streets without getting pushed and stomped to poo poo. Partially my own unfamiliarity with the map and travel routes/patterns, but it's been so bad as to feel sus even before the video. Meanwhile I'm having multiple interchange and shoreline runs where I am Chad incarnate, hunter of duos and grenade lobber extraordinare. I played three hours last night and only died once to a trio who caught me out of position in interchange, and even then killed one and hosed a second one up enough for them to disengage.

IDK I don't think I can bring myself to stop, I'm still having too much fun.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Interchange is one of the greatest FPS maps of all time, and it only gets better during pre-wipe events.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

DrHammond posted:

I appreciate that SPTarkov exists, and am glad for you if you're enjoying it, but the biggest thrill and biggest draw of Tarkov for me is the crushing lows of getting your poo poo stomped in, and exhilarating highs of stomping someone else's poo poo in.

Kind of the same. I have at some points tried the offline raids with scavs to learn new maps, but there is a distinct feeling of slight dread missing that you get when you know there are other people against you. Good teamplay where the combination of communication, maneuvering and situation awareness come together to ensure a sweet victory iver the opponents is one of the biggest high points in the game for me personally. However I have noticed that bigger the team, more it turns into a jumbled mess. A good duo or trio is where it is at for me.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
So in that 2nd video from g0at did he compare himself to a war reporter putting himself in danger for talking about cheating in Tarkov or am I misreading it? Like he's the whistleblower Tarkov needed? He put a clip of Tienanmen square into the video.

Kind of getting sick of the whole thing and now I'm updating Tarkov to play again.

Edit: played a couple games and uninstalled, i forgot how this game wasn't fun to start with.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 1, 2023

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Hunted down and killed a duo in the V-Extract village in woods. Gunshots attracted a 3rd party, whom I also killed. Then hoofing it across the map back to Outskirts, ran across an AI scav who took me by surprise, and head-eyes'd me on their first shot. High highs. Frequent lows. (The duo were low-key Timmy's, in their 20's but with poo poo gear. The silenced shotgun and AP ammo I pulled off the 3rd party was pretty nice though.)

Something I've never thought to ask- do you get your gun back from insurance if an AI Scav picks it up? Just an RFB but it had a nice silencer on it...

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

DrHammond posted:

Hunted down and killed a duo in the V-Extract village in woods. Gunshots attracted a 3rd party, whom I also killed. Then hoofing it across the map back to Outskirts, ran across an AI scav who took me by surprise, and head-eyes'd me on their first shot. High highs. Frequent lows. (The duo were low-key Timmy's, in their 20's but with poo poo gear. The silenced shotgun and AP ammo I pulled off the 3rd party was pretty nice though.)

Something I've never thought to ask- do you get your gun back from insurance if an AI Scav picks it up? Just an RFB but it had a nice silencer on it...

Nope, that's the one nice part about dying to AI, they almost guarantee you'll get your poo poo back. They can't keep anything they loot and pscavs generally won't kill them, so if they loot your guns, you're probably getting them back.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, as long as it doesn't leave the raid via a PMC or player scav, you'll get it back.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

ShowTime posted:

So in that 2nd video from g0at did he compare himself to a war reporter putting himself in danger for talking about cheating in Tarkov or am I misreading it? Like he's the whistleblower Tarkov needed? He put a clip of Tienanmen square into the video.

It was very self-congratulatory.

If anything, wouldn't this be gonzo journalism? War reporters don't usually hold the gun.

Incoming Chinchilla fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 1, 2023

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

ShowTime posted:

He put a clip of Tienanmen square into the video.

I think his point here was that no amount of description or narrative will ever have as much impact as something like that photo or other direct accounts, which is why he had to BECOME THE THING HE HATED. It makes sense, but it was awkward.

"70% of games have cheaters!!" is way less impactful than "look at all these spastic wiggling dirty motherfuckers."

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
lmao yeah hes not saying he's tank man he's saying it's more impactful to see something than it is to just know it abstractly

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Dang it really takes some of the magic out when you think back to all of the times you died some bullshit death and justified it to yourself with “man this game is so brutal, that dude must have been stalking me forever to get the perfect angle” or “wow what a crazy good shot” and turns out nah they were prob just cheating like initially assumed.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
ironically that's why perception of prevalence of cheating is so impactful to player experience beyond even the actual extent of cheating

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Nikita posted on Reddit that item examination is going away, as well as flea barters. Flea will only use money.

Trader barters remain.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 3, 2023

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

Nikita posted on Reddit that item examination is going away, as well as barters. Flea will only use money.

The gently caress happens to like 90% of the loot if barters don't exist

edit: oh lmao nevermind. I understand what this is saying now

Phoix fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 3, 2023

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I hope he just means barters on the flea. Because yea, half the loot in the game is barter items.

I like having items from traders restricted to being behind barters. It makes those barter items feel more valuable, like when you need just one more squash for an esky, when you find it, it feels like a win. Its more rewarding finding things in raid than clicking "purchase" and getting a message saying "item is already sold".

I know barters are kinda pointless when you can just exchange roubles for the required items on the flea, but its a game mechanic that I think is cool, even if it can be circumvented.

Edit: Yea its just flea barters that are removed, a good decision imo.

Copper For Lyfe fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 3, 2023

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Item ID getting removed is huge, too.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
https://twitter.com/LogicaISoIution/status/1631638381481578496

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

giZm posted:

Item ID getting removed is huge, too.

But how else will I get to level 2 before the first raid?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Jarmak posted:

But how else will I get to level 2 before the first raid?

Is it all item inspection or just the stuff on the flea? It sounds like traders will still have barters and item ID.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

these are all really good, hell yea

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Lol, Nikita is just giving the community whatever it wants to distract them from the cheater uproar. Everyone seems excited by these changes so I think it's working - he knows that jingling some keys in front of their face will distract them from their fake outrage, good for him.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Until he changes Punisher 4's pmc kills to count anywhere I will see through his lies

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Killed a pscav on shoreline yesterday and he had a GPU lol

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Maybe I'll get shooter born now, 125 was so tough on reserve and streets :sweatdrop:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

nice, that reenables one of my favorite woods sniping spots
across the road from usec camp. either up high on the rocks to the left, or lower crouched straight ahead. no one comes at USEC from behind you typically. it's lower traffic, but generally more lower level accounts looking to make cash.

the higher rock further away

the lower spot that has better view of the black big weapons crate everyone stops to open. such an easy headshot from here. still just above 100 m

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
That is a good spot, I killed two timmies looting usec from the lower spot about a week ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Interchange is one of the greatest FPS maps of all time, and it only gets better during pre-wipe events.

:lol: