Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Piss Veryslow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Sandman McMahon posted:

Butt ‘The Shitman’ Fart

You'll take this one from my cold dead hands

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cavauro posted:

There is zero reason to try and be a stickler to get the harmless mockery of a pro wrestler removed.

That rivals pun stuff was championed by a person who was angry about sports slights 24/7, as well as another person who was similar and was a serial abuser. its purpose was to stop people from pissing them off a ton, with the one positive side effect being that it helped cut down on stupid slur usage. It was never some kind of great idea that made sure the forums were high quality.

It is kind of a silly rule for sure although it's nice to not have to read about people always saying "The Los Angles Draft Dodgers" "Connecticut Failures" "The New York Archaic Fashion Enthusiasts" "The Texas Racist and Generally Unnecessary Paramilitary Force" "The Cleveland Fake Color That Only Exists Within Context of Other Colors" puns like they do on rivals.com all the time I'm sure.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

It makes sense as a rule to hit people with when they get into dumb fights about their sports team but Wangman isn't hurting anyone. Same way Jelly Janela would get you tossed out on sight since we all know that is in fact a rivals.com level pun since it comes from Corny.

Jelly Nutella tyvm

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sandman McMahon posted:

Butt ‘The Shitman’ Fart

Then
Now
Forever

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3972241&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post516172048

worth it

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

we had that rule and it was redacted so we could bask in the glory of butt the shitman fart. i just cut it out of the new rule thread when I made it

the main example was calling former cowboys qb tony romo "tony homo" so that might give you an idea of why it existed in the first place

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Critical posted:

we had that rule and it was redacted so we could bask in the glory of butt the shitman fart. i just cut it out of the new rule thread when I made it

the main example was calling former cowboys qb tony romo "tony homo" so that might give you an idea of why it existed in the first place

ok that all makes sense, but have you considered the upside:

Gumball Gumption posted:

I would just stop posting if we became so unfun that weepy Wangman got you a sixer because people can't handle the mental anguish of reading the same joke more than once.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

What is a rivals.com pun

Please refer to this web comic popular among people who spend lots of time arguing in D&D

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

has anyone said maki shitto yet

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

has anyone said maki shitto yet

Passport or ban

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sandman McMahon posted:

Butt ‘The Shitman’ Fart

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

That DICK! posted:

Passport or ban

cant post my passport because its not blue and the brexit mobs will come and rip me apart by the limbs like im the high septon in a song of ice and fire that one time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's been covered, but yeah – if the puns and jokes that get run into the ground here become actually offensive rather than just a little annoying because they're overused then we may need to re-litigate on rivals.com puns

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Please refer to this web comic popular among people who spend lots of time arguing in D&D

lol

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I have to admit that before I googled it, my first two thoughts were:

1.) an actual sea lion
2.) Ian Anderson's friend Cecil, who is also a sea lion (no central heating or cement)

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 1, 2023

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

can we create a dax is totally not unhappy in aew quarantine thread for his twitter posts and podcast quotes

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

that's a joke but that guy needs to just stop

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

can we create a dax is totally not unhappy in aew quarantine thread for his twitter posts and podcast quotes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024992

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

but on rare occasions that thread is good and doesn't need dax's whining

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

put Dax in the Cornette thread

also can this be Punk Sport Pagoda until at least this Sunday?

Sticky Nate fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 2, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandman McMahon posted:

Butt ‘The Shitman’ Fart

What a great poster

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I have to admit that before I googled it, my first two thoughts were:

1.) an actual sea lion
2.) Ian Anderson's friend Cecil, who is also a sea lion (no central heating or cement)

Keep in mind I'm not trying to be dismissive here! I feel like there are two reasons why I've never heard of sealioning before:

1.) The only webcomic I've ever read is Achewood, and due to me being brokebrained I can't remember a single thing I did in 2014. I wish I was joking but I can barely even remember last week.

2.) I don't engage in serious discourse online, because I consider myself left-wing and it's loving exhausting.

But then this is also a pro wrestling and people punching each other in the face board. I just think it's a bit silly that people can get so (I only say this because I can't think of a better word) serious about it. There shouldn't be any need for false discourse or whatever!

Maybe I'm just old (30+).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyone who's never heard of sealioning should consider themselves lucky tbh

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
There's no reason why anyone should know what sealioning means. First time I heard about it I thought it was an attempt at a joke. I only eventually googled it because it came up occasionally over the course of several years.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The superior term is JAQing off anyway

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Don’t know what either of those things are but they sound like twitter stuff. And that ain’t for me.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Thanlis posted:

I wasn’t run off, but I got tired of participating because of the dynamic described. It’s a good enough forum so that I still read a few threads, but the AEW ones sure aren’t among them.

Not that I’m a huge loss or anything.

Same.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
just come back and post, it's easy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm sorry I used the term, mainly because I feel really bad about it because it lead to someone else getting poo poo on. The post was a request for empathy, and, well, I guess I didn't do a very good job at inspiring that.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

The superior term is JAQing off anyway

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
To whichever mod/admin graciously removed my red text avatar, is it possible to restore the previous version which didn't have the offensive text?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i think you can find your old av to help the mod/admin expedite the process here: https://goons.neocities.org/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to explain the history of similar situations. the admins don't tend to restore avs that are blanked for being offensive, but forum mods have given out free avs for any reason all the time for 20 years. for that reason it might be worth asking, though it might be even more worth asking in a pm to a sympathetic person. here is the avatar in case anyone wants to be able to grab it quickly. if you don't want to do that then who cares? it's none of my business and never was. don't talk to me about it and don't look at me like you're expecting me to say anything else. in terms of a 1 on 1 personal conversation, we're done with that sort of thing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i apologize for my rudeness above. i'm scared of talking to you (person reading this) and my defense mechanism went a little haywire. it's absolutely a 'me' problem as you might have well understood without a response like this. once again i apologize and i hope to find you and post with you under better circumstances.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Thank you both, i've already been in touch with a mod (or rather the other way around) about it on pms.

I have plat now for some reason? ruining my nearly 20 year streak of never having had as a user. I would like to thank my very generous benefactor but also now I'm afraid that cowards will shout at me in private when I post an insane take.

Luckily I saved my sole avatar earlier so I had it on hand already although it took a little searching.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
it was probably the mod PMing you who gave it to you.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve only been shouted at in private once and it was about something completely innocuous, people prefer to yell at you in public over insane takes so don’t worry about it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You can turn your PMs off if you want to not be shouted at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
thank you cav for finding the previous av.