Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Been rotating Kaveh in my mind at incredible speeds and his energy situation is, "hosed up bruh."

Like wow. I'm not saying he's ABSOLUTELY Fav Nahida-dependant, but it's close. Depends on his personal energy per skill output, might end up using a Katsu claymore anyway. Kinda wants to use Fav, actually, since he also kinda fucks up his entire team's energy situation. Hopefully his team isn't too annoying to build because smacking enemies around with a briefcase sounds funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fav Lance Yaoyao?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I mean, vaporize isn't even that great outside the 4-5 characters (from either element) that can use it well. They haven't really added new characters that favor it either. It's odd that they seem hesitant for something OP to come out with those reactions but are pretty gung ho about bloom/quicken.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Vape and Melt have the same damage multipliers.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

For Pyro units, melt is x2 damage versus vape's x1.5

Since the vast majority of vape usage is triggered by Pyro, they were talking about it from the Pyro side.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Vape and Melt have the same damage multipliers.
their multipliers are reversed in terms of how pyro triggering it affects it.

pyro into cryo is 2x
pyro into hydro is 1.5x
cryo into pyro is 1.5x
hydro into pyro is 2x

as hydro characters generally have lower individual damage numbers than pyro or cryo (compare ayato or childe to hu tao or ganyu), as well as the off-field characters that exist for these elements, this reversal largely manifests as melt doing more raw damage

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Just had a really messy Abyss clear.

Afterwards, I went in to my characters, and realized that I haven't touched my XQ and XL artifacts for like half a year. XQ still had a ER sands from before I got his C6. Five minutes later, my XQ went from ~1300 atk/50 CR/100CD to 1670 atk/60cr/120cd, just by shuffling existing artifacts around. XL went from 55/120 to 67/155.

Check the load out on your 4* supports once in a while, folks!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Radical posted:

They had an event in Honkai last year where one of the event currency rewards was an artbook, which just arrived today. Shocked at the quality for something they were just giving away, but I suppose they've got deep pockets these days lol

200 pages long!

Yeah I remember seeing this an item in game that had probably long since been depleted. I think it actually went on sale eventually though but it might have just been in Asia. I remember seeing it on Amazon Japan.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Radical posted:

They had an event in Honkai last year where one of the event currency rewards was an artbook, which just arrived today. Shocked at the quality for something they were just giving away, but I suppose they've got deep pockets these days lol

200 pages long!

That's sick as hell.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Radical posted:

200 pages long!
I'm so jealous. As far as I can tell mine hasn't even shipped out yet.

I woke up early (for me, I'm nocturnal) to rush to be one of the first to order it because of how fast they sold out in other regions, and it turned out I didn't need to because they stuck around for over a week.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

200 pages long!

That's neat. If they gave away prints of Genshin characters as prizes, I'd bet they would be very popular.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I don't care if Dehya can't do sick Abyss clears, she's Fun and I don't regret getting her one bit. Hell, I even went for her signature weapon and got... Cyno's spear? I don't have him, who even wants this thing?

Anyway, flame merc is hot, gonna level Candace too (Black Tassel for her, right?)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Traveller posted:

I don't care if Dehya can't do sick Abyss clears, she's Fun and I don't regret getting her one bit. Hell, I even went for her signature weapon and got... Cyno's spear? I don't have him, who even wants this thing?
its a pretty good weapon. its xiangling's BiS, hu tao's second best weapon after homa, and a decent statstick on xiao (better than any 4* weapon, worse than most 5*s), and it's good on melt rosaria too if you're that kind of sicko.

edit: also yeah candace is black tassel or favonius. or homa if you're a true gamer.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Yeah Candace just wants to stack as much HP as possible (like Yelan), especially at C6.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Kaveh attack animations are looking mighty fine, and you'll actually get to see them in most circumstances!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Tree Reformat posted:

Don't worry, Nahida can't brainscan in that segment anyway, I tried. Which tracks because we learned in Nahida's Story Quest that her brainscan doesn't work on dream characters.

That said, gently caress you game for forcing me to switch in a pyro character to start that segment, then immediately take away my ability to adjust my party afterwards. Rude af

That was actually almost good design. Except a) if the game tells you to light a fire, you're probably going to swap in amber, and b) right before you actually need that pyro, the game lets you switch your party to whatever. I imagine that Amber's "fine" for that fight, but I swapped to eula/qiqi/raiden/fischl, and basically had to lean on fischl for that or I guess I could've used raiden's burst. Probably.

It really is dumb that they undermined themselves like that. Also, even without paimon, the game still tries to run you off a cliff if you stray too far.

It's an interesting quest, but there really should be some sort of warning that you basically have to do it all in one go, and that it's going to take a while. Also it was very stupid that right at the start it forceably changed the time to night for 6 lines of dialogue, then made me change time to later. Later in the quest it just advanced time all on its own, too. It's as if someone set up the whole quest, and then later someone else went through it, decided that there weren't enough Game Systems™, and added some unnecessary bullshit.

On an unrelated note, I've got this shiny deyha claymore, and I'm not going to get a shiny dehya to go with it. Feels like it would work well enough with diluc or maybe eula? Their skill doesn't have much of a downtime/gets used a lot, they both get smacked a lot, and I don't bother with a shield for either (well, hypothetically, because I don't actually use diluc and eula is a sometimes food). Is there some sort of handy weapon calculator to see if eula'll miss swapping the phys damage boost from the dragonspine claymore for the crit rate on the desert one?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Zenostein posted:

Is there some sort of handy weapon calculator to see if eula'll miss swapping the phys damage boost from the dragonspine claymore for the crit rate on the desert one?

You can put your current Eula build into https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/ and then compare the weapons using the theorycraft tab. There's probably dedicated Eula spreadsheets around somewhere too (EulaMains reddit I'd guess).

Edit: drat, it looks like the desert sword is better than Serpent Spine for my Eula, even if I keep Zhongli on the team and thus only get 1 part of the passive. It's fair to say that it will be better than Snow-tombed Starsilver (it lags behind Serpent Spine by a fair bit).

Yuwe fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 2, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Toraen posted:

You can put your current Eula build into https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/ and then compare the weapons using the theorycraft tab. There's probably dedicated Eula spreadsheets around somewhere too (EulaMains reddit I'd guess).

Edit: drat, it looks like the desert sword is better than Serpent Spine for my Eula, even if I keep Zhongli on the team and thus only get 1 part of the passive. It's fair to say that it will be better than Snow-tombed Starsilver (it lags behind Serpent Spine by a fair bit).

Cool & neat. Get almost +1000 damage in everything just by remembering to use her skill sometimes. I'll probably have to get a new hat for her, though; that sword's an entire cr hat, and the resultant 80/110 is probably not great. On the other hand, somehow both the non-crit and crit damage are worse than the starsilver, but the average is better. Well, that's probably just a peculiarity of their formula. Guess I have some other artifacts I could juggle around and pop in there once I've leveled them up, so that's something to put a pin in, I guess.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Kaveh's animations are so loving good, in keeping with the trend of 4 stars having amazing animations that barely anyone will see.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Kaveh's animations are so loving good, in keeping with the trend of 4 stars having amazing animations that barely anyone will see.

meanwhile, they’re doing baizhu dirty and recycling burst animations because… i don’t know, can’t have all the characters day ones waited years for be immaculate. i just hope they leave his kit alone

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

If you use Kaveh you will see Kaveh's animations. He's an on-fielder.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I'm not going to see the kavanimations because it sounds an awful lot like he isn't here to stop alhatty from getting tossed around like a sack of potatoes. And if he's not doing that, what's even the point? in nless he stacks with nilou, that might be worthwhile, maybe

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

MNSNTZR posted:

meanwhile, they’re doing baizhu dirty and recycling burst animations because… i don’t know, can’t have all the characters day ones waited years for be immaculate. i just hope they leave his kit alone

His animations almost look incomplete too, though with how low res the video is its hard to tell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Hes an on field dps with infusion

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zenostein posted:

I'm not going to see the kavanimations because it sounds an awful lot like he isn't here to stop alhatty from getting tossed around like a sack of potatoes. And if he's not doing that, what's even the point? in nless he stacks with nilou, that might be worthwhile, maybe

He does not support Al, which tbh is entirely in character. He does buff bloom so Nilou is eating good. Also he heals when getting exploded on by blooms.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

MNSNTZR posted:

The burst animation might change through beta. As I recall Tighnari's burst was real basic looking too at first before getting the more dynamic animation he came to live server with.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

I’ve posted a few weeks (months probably?) ago about just started playing. Got a few adventure ranks under my belt and have been happily questing in Sumeru, The Chasm and Inazuma. I even managed to get my first two 5 star characters!

At this point I’ve arrived at a point where team composition and proper character builds start to matter I think. Or at least it’ll make questing/domains/farming a lot easier.

I came across this sheet in this thread some time and have been getting artifacts for my chars accordingly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview

How do I decide which characters to level? I’ve been mostly going with Tighnari, Beido, Barbara and Rosaria so those are levelled the highest (60-70ish) but have some others between 40-60 as well.

I currently have:

Tighnari
Hu Tao
Beido C2
Barbara
Rosaria C1
Noelle C1
Xiangling C1
Traveller
Sayu c2
Mona
Kaeya
Amber
Lisa
Yanfei
Yun Jin
Ningguang C1
Diona
Collei
Xingqiu C2
Xinyan

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Eimi posted:

He does not support Al, which tbh is entirely in character. He does buff bloom so Nilou is eating good. Also he heals when getting exploded on by blooms.

it is a fool who lets his meal ticket die.

but exploding healing sounds exciting, so there's that.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

LochNessMonster posted:

Tighnari
Hu Tao
Beido C2
Barbara
Rosaria C1
Noelle C1
Xiangling C1
Traveller
Sayu c2
Mona
Kaeya
Amber
Lisa
Yanfei
Yun Jin
Ningguang C1
Diona
Collei
Xingqiu C2
Xinyan

I would definitely level xingqiu, he fits in a lot of teams and is good off field damage.
Maybe do diona if you feel like your peeps are dying often

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
There is something cool about Kaveh basically being a catalyst who levitates a claymore around for attacks, but I guess I had hoped for more variety or meaningfully including the briefcase in attacks. With him having a bunch of strong dendro application currently I wonder if they have some better hydro bloom support in mind, or drop his application a bit.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I'm pretty fond of Dehyas burst animation ngl. You get the hot blooded fist clench and one liner followed by some fist of the north star poo poo and ending in that diving jump kick. Too bad its kind of clunky in practice. Eventually I'll get a Fu Hua in Honkai and we'll see how that compares, though her whole moveset is based around martial arts as opposed to just a burst attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvhxI9WHiT8

Speaking of which fun little video i found just now.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

LochNessMonster posted:

I’ve posted a few weeks (months probably?) ago about just started playing. Got a few adventure ranks under my belt and have been happily questing in Sumeru, The Chasm and Inazuma. I even managed to get my first two 5 star characters!

At this point I’ve arrived at a point where team composition and proper character builds start to matter I think. Or at least it’ll make questing/domains/farming a lot easier.

I came across this sheet in this thread some time and have been getting artifacts for my chars accordingly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview

How do I decide which characters to level? I’ve been mostly going with Tighnari, Beido, Barbara and Rosaria so those are levelled the highest (60-70ish) but have some others between 40-60 as well.

I currently have:

Tighnari
Hu Tao
Beido C2
Barbara
Rosaria C1
Noelle C1
Xiangling C1
Traveller
Sayu c2
Mona
Kaeya
Amber
Lisa
Yanfei
Yun Jin
Ningguang C1
Diona
Collei
Xingqiu C2
Xinyan

You've got Hu Tao and Xingqui, that's the core of a very strong team right there. Normally people put Zhongli on that team because Hu Tao likes a a strong shield. You don't have him, but you have some other options. Noelle and Xinyan don't have good uptime on their shields, but you can run both of them and have them take turns putting a shield up. Maybe Diona would work too? I guess you could freeze an enemy with Diona + Xingqui before attacking them with Hu Tao.

You've got Tighnari there, he's pretty strong. Usually you would put him on a team with some electro characters. You've got Beidou, which is kind of an awkward match, but you could make it work. Fire up Beidou's burst, then switch to Tighnari and do normal attacks between charge shots. You might also consider Electro Traveler for that team.

You can set up a good freeze team. Rosaria and Kaeya will be there, plus Mona for hydro, then either Diona or Sayu for healing.

You should also build up Xiangling, she's great at dealing off-field damage and triggering reactions. Group her up with basically anyone, it just works.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Kaveh seems like a pretty decent on fielder.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LochNessMonster posted:

I currently have:

You decide what character to level by picking your favorite, either gameplay-wise or story-wise/design-wise, and then building a team around them. Which of those characters do you *want* to use?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Maxwell Adams posted:

You've got Hu Tao and Xingqui, that's the core of a very strong team right there. Normally people put Zhongli on that team because Hu Tao likes a a strong shield. You don't have him, but you have some other options. Noelle and Xinyan don't have good uptime on their shields, but you can run both of them and have them take turns putting a shield up. Maybe Diona would work too? I guess you could freeze an enemy with Diona + Xingqui before attacking them with Hu Tao.

You've got Tighnari there, he's pretty strong. Usually you would put him on a team with some electro characters. You've got Beidou, which is kind of an awkward match, but you could make it work. Fire up Beidou's burst, then switch to Tighnari and do normal attacks between charge shots. You might also consider Electro Traveler for that team.

You can set up a good freeze team. Rosaria and Kaeya will be there, plus Mona for hydro, then either Diona or Sayu for healing.

You should also build up Xiangling, she's great at dealing off-field damage and triggering reactions. Group her up with basically anyone, it just works.
thread told me that I should level up Hu Tao and I had spent a couple hours plaiyng her before I realized just exactly how long it would take investing into her to make her the "godlike" character she is, she isn't very casual/f2p friendly and her playstyle kind of sucks for everything but domains, bosses and the abyss

idk if people just forget that not everyone is ar60 capped and just farming domains and abyss every day or what but I didn't have such a great time playing her in the overworld

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hu Tao's fine even at relatively low investment honestly. She scales hard with investment but her baseline damage is good just because of how consistently she vapes.

That said, yes, I can understand being turned off by her HP drain as an overworld character.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

She works great/fine in the overworld (I think I was around ar40ish when she dropped), you just "need" to run her with either a healer or the food gadget.

But generally speaking, every single-target dps character in the game is going to be less than optimal outside of bossing/domains. Ranged ones less-so than melee.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
5* DPS characters depend on a lot on their weapon. If the gacha system dropped a Dragon's Bane in your lap, you can give that to Hu Tao and she'll do a fine job. If the best spear you've got is the Dragonspine Spear the game tricked you into crafting, Hu Tao is going to disappoint.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You can just give her a Black Tassel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

White Tassel is fine, I used 4x Glad White Tassel Hu Tao in overworld for friendship and it was ok. Think it might even have been an Atk% sands that I borrowed from whoever. "Correct" builds in overworld are overrated, give your Xiaos and Ittos Fav weapons, it doesn't matter.