Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Agent355 posted:

I was stalling out 2 zones short of getting 3/4 in synth and didn't feel like letting it spend hours building up, but maybe you had a better method than me?
took me maybe half an hour - the key is to hoard the low materials as well, because the scaling kicks in hard on everything, so I went up the chain from white to green to blue to purple to orange and once I was at blue I set one of the four slots to stockpile white (like I said, 1e8 of everything, just felt like a nice balance between time consumed and bonus given) - but that's of super active play... and I bet the real dealbreaker/maker is just the base prestige amounts.

good tip on the lasers, I'd been doing two beams and I think one would ultimately just be more dps, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I finally hit The End of NGU Idle today. Total Time Played shows 1085 days. I have a little bit of cleanup and some challenges to finish up, but then I can move on to waiting for the next 4G idler.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

took me maybe half an hour - the key is to hoard the low materials as well, because the scaling kicks in hard on everything, so I went up the chain from white to green to blue to purple to orange and once I was at blue I set one of the four slots to stockpile white (like I said, 1e8 of everything, just felt like a nice balance between time consumed and bonus given) - but that's of super active play... and I bet the real dealbreaker/maker is just the base prestige amounts.

good tip on the lasers, I'd been doing two beams and I think one would ultimately just be more dps, thank you!

I should go back and do it too now that I"ve run base 3 overnight, that's alot of synth power I didn't have before. if it only takes half an hour, or at most a couple then it'd be worth it for effectively double synth power.

I have all 4 automated synth stations too, so I don't even have to play actively.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
When is it recommended to unlock and start doing Envy and Pride in My Chronicle? Right now I am in the middle of ED2 runs and considering what to do with my Sin as it comes. I think I might do a long run to try ED03 and build up enough stats to drop The Arbiter and unlock those dudes.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 1, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Just unlocked missiles, what's the general build once they become available, 2x missile 2x bomb, or something else?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

KazigluBey posted:

Just unlocked missiles, what's the general build once they become available, 2x missile 2x bomb, or something else?

Yeah that works well for a bit.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

When is it recommended to unlock and start doing Envy and Pride in My Chronicle? Right now I am in the middle of ED2 runs and considering what to do with my Sin as it comes. I think I might do a long run to try ED03 and build up enough stats to drop The Arbiter and unlock those dudes.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Pride for awhile. The 2% bonus is nothing huge, and if you have not been dumping large amounts of inspiration into Habit+ or Status Up, it will take awhile while you grind them up.

Envy is a good thing to unlock, as it gives you a sink for when your Sin gains exceed your capacity. The excess Sin gets converted to another currency (complaints, maybe). So now you don’t have to worry about spending down exact amounts of sin to stay at max sin.

But the downside of Envy is that you need a decent amount of Complaints (or whatever) to get it going. At start you only have a minor XP multiplier unlocked. You need to spend 10 Complaints (1 Extra Sin converts to 1 Complaint) to unlock the extra buffs. There are a total of 20 buffs to unlock 21 buffs total). Then you need to start spending complaints to speed up the growth. It starts at 1 Complaint to double the growth, and increases by .1 complaint to double the growth again. So the next purchase is 1.1, then 1.2, etc.

It buffs your combat stats, your action gains (loop, instant, dungeon), seeds, satiety, crystal converter, and a few others.

It’s another layer of growth that unlocks early, but takes awhile to show returns.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Pride recommends you can clear ED2 before you start it, so you should be fine.

I don't think there's a way to back out of the challenges early.
So be ready, I guess.

I accidentally did ed3 instead of ed2 in my second ed2 run.
It's not that much harder, just a little more waiting.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

USI: ...have the Fire Rate research boosts always not effected the Beam Laser and I'm just a dumbass for trying to prioritize them? :negative:

That said, I have kinetic cannons now. Any reason why I should not go something like 2x K-Cannon, 1x something lasery to rip shields?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The second I got kinetic cannons I just stopped using lasers entirely. I brought a beam laser for a little while to counter any high-regen shield enemies, since those could theoretically be unkillable with kinetic cannons. But I stopped pretty soon and just ran kineticsa.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
If you are doing a big push to upgrade your reactor, the challenge's forced retreat sets your energy to full really fast. Enjoy.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

MattDarling posted:

Still haven't joined the rest of the thread on Unnamed Space Idle, but I'll get to it some day, I'm sure.

Did want to throw another mention for Magic Research, now available on iOS. Elevator pitch: an RPG spin on Kittens Game. The demo is free and covers the early game in full, so it's worth a try if you're into that branch of the genre.

It's a complete game, and all the information you need should be available in game now. It's not a "scour Discord/the wiki to succeed" kind of game. Any time I got stuck, there was something I could unlock that solved the problem. And a lot of the QoL bonuses have been pushed earlier in the game now.

I've completed the game on Android, and the dev has been making substantial updates every 2-3 days for the past month. But it's not a "random poo poo breaks cause of rapid patches" experience - it's clear the dev has professional software experience. Solid patch notes, very few technical issues, and really gracious handling of player feedback. Stands out in a genre usually dominated by passionate amateurs.

This was from a few pages back but I really enjoyed this demo, looking forward to the steam version release in a month if all goes according to plan.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Garfu posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/282566331390230528/1078452975053324379/Domain.dll

Formations: 1 hour duration, 2 second cooldown
Party size: 50. Passive party display cuts off around 10 but they are still active, will need to remove party members to sort the list better
Shop item duration: a lot longer
DR time: 1 minute instead of 1 hour
DR multiplier: 10x
Norn miss-click protector: No longer need Norn to cast 10 spells to leave village if leaving with Norn
Sin cap increase: not sure exact amount but it's not much cause that kinda breaks stuff
Pay $1 for a billion rubies

Replace the dll in YourChronicle_Data\Managed - back up the original first if you need to switch back without having to redownload

Hey random question on this, is there a way to cancel a formation? With the 1hr duration it can take a while to load a new one.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
That's a good question, I never tried to switch them so I never ran into that. Next time I update I'll make it a shorter duration but remove the cool down so you can switch easier.

edit: VV yeah it's been a little bit since I played so wasn't sure how exactly it worked. Glad it's like that though!

Garfu fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 2, 2023

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hey random question on this, is there a way to cancel a formation? With the 1hr duration it can take a while to load a new one.

You can just click a new formation and it swaps instantly?
I just flipped back and forth six times with the 50 minute duration, 1 second cooldown.

Edit: Oh, uncheck the box if it keeps swapping you back, that's the auto cast button!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Post poste posted:

You can just click a new formation and it swaps instantly?
I just flipped back and forth six times with the 50 minute duration, 1 second cooldown.

Edit: Oh, uncheck the box if it keeps swapping you back, that's the auto cast button!

Oh I'm dumb, thanks.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Anyone still playing Trimps?

I'm stalling out hard around 200-220. Mastery is incredibly slow to gather, and I need tons of it to reach the next level. I can get to around cell 40 in the Spire but not much further. The biggest Helium upgrades are becoming prohibtively expensive, and I'm not sure what to prioritise. I've been doing Daily challenges but they only net me a few mil extra helium if I actually do them daily.

I feel like there's something I've overlooked, since I've been stuck here for weeks now.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Cicadalek posted:

I'm stalling out hard around 200-220. Mastery is incredibly slow to gather, and I need tons of it to reach the next level. I can get to around cell 40 in the Spire but not much further. The biggest Helium upgrades are becoming prohibtively expensive, and I'm not sure what to prioritise. I've been doing Daily challenges but they only net me a few mil extra helium if I actually do them daily.

I feel like there's something I've overlooked, since I've been stuck here for weeks now.

At this point, just go to the Trimps wiki and grab every calculator and push the buttons.
I tried to do Trimps without them, and I kept running into non intuitive walls.
With a few weeks of using the automation helpers, I was up to z530.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Cicadalek posted:

Having the Domination challenge active might help you climb further in the Spire. Maybe experiment with shorter runs farming the Corrupted challenge (with map-at-zone's help) to see if that's better helium income than daily dailies? Are you using extra map levels to get equipment from 201-205 to help with the Spire?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Use a perk calculator at this point too. The 'optimal' perk allocation is literally just math, so let the calculator do it for you rather than just guessing. Assuming you're not using one at least.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Evolve updated and now the script doesn't work. Any ideas on how long it should be before the script is updated again. It's ssooo tedious otherwise.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Maigius posted:

Evolve updated and now the script doesn't work. Any ideas on how long it should be before the script is updated again. It's ssooo tedious otherwise.

The guy that makes the script also helps with dev so it shouldn't be long at all

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Maigius posted:

It's already updated.

Precognition seems... useless?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Rynoto posted:

It's already updated.

Precognition seems... useless?

Nobody could have seen that coming.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

nrook posted:

Nobody could have seen that coming.

:mods:

The new truepath stuff seems fun at least.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Evolve chat: what universe is the fastest to do a 4* EM Field run? I'm finally getting around to the challenges after doing a 0* Ascension, 3* Pillar Ascension, and 3* Demonic Infusion (all in Heavy, which has most of my universe-specific mastery). Doing a 4* Decay run now with custom race.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

USI challenge talk:
-I breezed through the first Base one, but stalling on the second one. I'm not quite sure what the optimal setup is for base layout? Diminishing returns for the boosters means checkerboard is probably not the best? I have all of the first one unlocked, and like the 1st row (+2 corners) of the 2nd one open. Dunno if I should keep bashing my head on it or just come back later when I can trivialize it.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

USI challenge talk:
-I breezed through the first Base one, but stalling on the second one. I'm not quite sure what the optimal setup is for base layout? Diminishing returns for the boosters means checkerboard is probably not the best? I have all of the first one unlocked, and like the 1st row (+2 corners) of the 2nd one open. Dunno if I should keep bashing my head on it or just come back later when I can trivialize it.

Come back later with a full second board.

Using boosters on battle multipliers will get you through the second and maybe the third one.

The pink Xs in the third one make everything easy, but it's overkill to wait.

In general, if you stall out a challenge, try two or three loadouts, then come back later. The walls are too steep to be easily overcome.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Post poste posted:

The pink Xs in the third one make everything easy, but it's overkill to wait.
is #4 clearable in a reasonable time? I have the 6e7 spots but not the 6e9 spots unlocked in base 3 and can't figure out a layout for it (I assume I'm supposed to stack boosters on damage in base 1, since those boosters are way stronger and overcome the loss of raw value on the cell itself)

e: also if anyone else hadn't noticed, the formula for unbounded research effect changed, it's now 1.8x per order of magnitude rather than an ugly logarithmic thing, so you should probably pump those if you haven't since the last update

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 2, 2023

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

dipwood posted:

Evolve chat: what universe is the fastest to do a 4* EM Field run? I'm finally getting around to the challenges after doing a 0* Ascension, 3* Pillar Ascension, and 3* Demonic Infusion (all in Heavy, which has most of my universe-specific mastery). Doing a 4* Decay run now with custom race.

Whichever universe you have the most mastery which sounds like heavy. For universe speed antimatter is by far the slowest and all the others are mostly equal except for absolute endgame when you no longer need reset currencies and magic edges out the others. Heavy reset currencies bonus keep it being the king until then, though.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

is #4 clearable in a reasonable time? I have the 6e7 spots but not the 6e9 spots unlocked in base 3 and can't figure out a layout for it (I assume I'm supposed to stack boosters on damage in base 1, since those boosters are way stronger and overcome the loss of raw value on the cell itself)

I used no boosters in base 1, and a ton of boosters to combat multipliers in base 2, then enough drain reduces in base 3 to cancel the penalty out.
Remember to equip weapons with good firing rate and range, because raw damage isn't a factor!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

USI challenge talk:

The boosters multiply each other, so they aren't diminishing. Checkerboard is best.

E: oh the challenge, not just in general. Yeah I"m dumb nevermind.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

e: also if anyone else hadn't noticed, the formula for unbounded research effect changed, it's now 1.8x per order of magnitude rather than an ugly logarithmic thing, so you should probably pump those if you haven't since the last update

What actually do those researches do? I have just ignored them as I thought they were place holders until new content, but if they give something nice I guess I should do them.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Post poste posted:

I used no boosters in base 1, and a ton of boosters to combat multipliers in base 2, then enough drain reduces in base 3 to cancel the penalty out.
Remember to equip weapons with good firing rate and range, because raw damage isn't a factor!
oh gently caress me the boosters work on the combat multiplier squares too? I just instinctively assumed they didn't lmao

edit:

Sayara posted:

What actually do those researches do? I have just ignored them as I thought they were place holders until new content, but if they give something nice I guess I should do them.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh gently caress me the boosters work on the combat multiplier squares too? I just instinctively assumed they didn't lmao

edit:

Oh alrighty then, time to research those. Thanks!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
For a dollar, make up a runescape styled skill name, but much sillier.

Tia

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

dipwood posted:

It's worth noting that EMF's rewards will themselves make EMF easier in the form of not needing as many thermal collectors. It's certainly not a requirement, but a 4* EMF will be easier at the very end, if you do a 3* EMF first. (Probably take less time overall to just do a 4* EMF, of course, but worth noting.)

Side note, when you get around to your requisite tour of universe-hopping to get 4* Ascended and 4* EMF everywhere, it's worth noting that Ascended's cost creep reduction only kicks in once you've done an ascension in that universe. So consider a pattern of Any* Black Hole -> 3* or 4* Pillar Ascension -> 4* EMF -> clean up universe-specific achievements for general mastery -> repeat.

Vil fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 2, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Garfu posted:

https://garfu.dev/Domain.dll

Formations: 1 hour duration, 2 second cooldown
Party size: 50. Passive party display cuts off around 10 but they are still active, will need to remove party members to sort the list better
Shop item duration: a lot longer
DR time: 1 minute instead of 1 hour
DR multiplier: 10x
Norn miss-click protector: No longer need Norn to cast 10 spells to leave village if leaving with Norn
Sin cap increase: not sure exact amount but it's not much cause that kinda breaks stuff
Pay $1 for a billion rubies

Replace the dll in YourChronicle_Data\Managed - back up the original first if you need to switch back without having to redownload

Hey dude, sorry for bother but looks like YC did an update last night that is incompatible with your custom DLL. It crashes on boot now. Any thoughts on a fix? Dunno if I can go back to the vanilla mode now. TIA

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

something posted:

Tia

Doglore
Dunecrafting (ie sandcastles)
Firetaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

something posted:

Tia

Rejecting
Titrating
Unsolving
Loafing (like on a couch)
Theorycrafting
Bowling
Tilting