Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Silksong

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quake with raytracing.

Minecraft with raytracing

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Diddy Kong Racing on both Switch and Xbox.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bapanada

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Quake II

They own it, last appearance on consoles was as a bonus with 360 launch title Quake 4, the Quake 1 remaster lays a lot of technical groundwork for it, easy 4K high framerate layup.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Kevyn posted:

i'd die happy

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Kevyn posted:

Oh gently caress please Mr Spencer.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the problem with remastering quake 2, is that it is a bad ga,me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Could the Series X handle Quake RTX? That’d be neat

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quake 2 ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
quake 4 backwards compatibility you cowards

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the problem with remastering quake 2, is that it is a bad ga,me

Only Quake, and Quake 3 Arena were ever any good.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Quake 2 is a good game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

quake 4 backwards compatibility you cowards

pains me to say it but that’s a bad game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's kind of bad but it';s a fun bad game, like resident evil 6

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quake 2 was awesome way back in the day when it first came out, the mod support and online community were great. But all of that is gone now in 2023. It does have a killer loving soundtrack though.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

hatty posted:

Could the Series X handle Quake RTX? That’d be neat

I could see them getting some kind of Fortnite-esque software path tracing going but AMD under the hood means it wouldn't be Quake II RTX

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

pains me to say it but that’s a bad game

It’s such a huge letdown. The transformation doesn’t even give you cool stuff.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's kind of bad but it';s a fun bad game, like resident evil 6

I like to refer to RE6 as the Bruckheimer of the group. Totally loving stupid but filled with a lot of cool set pieces. I'm glad that RE4 is getting the advanced movements from 6.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Anyone been playing Slime Rancher 2? How is it progressing? I see it got it's first update a couple weeks back

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I said come in! posted:

Quake 2 was awesome way back in the day when it first came out, the mod support and online community were great. But all of that is gone now in 2023. It does have a killer loving soundtrack though.

I thought that Quake 2s soundtrack was mediocre derivative metal that didn't take it far enough. Quake 1 had a great soundtrack, but it was much more ambient, atmospheric, and altogether a different thing. Doom 1 and 2 had what were basically MIDI covers of Slayer, Pantera, and Metallica changed just enough to not get sued. As far as games with metal soundtracks go, I wouldn't throw Quake 2 all the way into the trash with Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and it's Godsmack-packing soundtrack, but Quake 2 isn't memorable or great.

I like metal in games, but by Quake 2 they hadn't figured out how to take it far enough. It was few years later and much higher budget, but Halo 2 used a lot of metal better. Hell, it's not a shooter, but Sonic Adventure 2 had a completely unhinged, tongue in cheek metal soundtrack that's memorable enough that people are still recording bad covers of it for fun: https://sonicisreal.bandcamp.com/track/city-escape

I guess the other reason I'm not so hot on the Quake 2 soundtrack is that the tracker music soundtracks that shipped with Unreal, UT99, and Deus Ex were incredible.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i have a ps5 and I like it but you can get a series s for $150 from Verizon up how much longer is that thing gonna hold out for how is it running newer stuff

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Professor Beetus posted:

Do you know if this dlc was included in the ultimate version or whatever? I bought the ultimate upgrade when it first dropped.

Sorry but my knowledge of these games is extremely limited, I just happened to see it in a list of this week's sales on TrueAchievements.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

John Romero posted:

i have a ps5 and I like it but you can get a series s for $150 from Verizon up how much longer is that thing gonna hold out for how is it running newer stuff

It just runs it all at lower resolution/fps. There’s comparisons for most games. Like the X can run Forza at 4k60 and the S can do 1080/60.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Twerk from Home posted:

Quake 1 had a great soundtrack, but it was much more ambient, atmospheric, and altogether a different thing.

nine inch nails did quake 1s soundtrack, that was the day I learned that some game discs could be played through a stereo to listen to the music

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Anyone ever seen the "Check back in a little bit, we're having trouble getting your stuff right now" error on the Xbox store?

There's a free weekend for Diablo 3, but every time I go through the store and hit "Manage, Free Trial", it goes to the usual download management screen but throws the error above. Google suggests that others have had the problem, but there's no real solution other than they bought the PC version instead of the console version from their computer.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

webmeister posted:

Anyone ever seen the "Check back in a little bit, we're having trouble getting your stuff right now" error on the Xbox store?

I have had it happen a few times. Usually a reboot or power cycle fixes it for me.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Three console reboots later and still no go, but managed to install remotely via the phone app

xbox stays winning

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Half Life 3 launching for Steam/PC/Xbox One. Obviously.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Significant titles leaving Game Pass

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1631312415815237632?s=20

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I enjoyed GOTG

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kentucky Route Zero is one of the best games of all time, I highly recommend it (if you like narrative games). Paradise Killer is also very good. Honestly some genuine big losses here

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
How long does KRZ take to beat? I might try to rush through it. So many games.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

John F Bennett posted:

I enjoyed GOTG

I played through 90% of the game before I realized that Quill has specials of his own. I completely missed that tutorial.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Like 10 hours? Maybe 15 if you explore everywhere.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Escobarbarian posted:

Kentucky Route Zero is one of the best games of all time, I highly recommend it (if you like narrative games). Paradise Killer is also very good. Honestly some genuine big losses here

I like narrative games, a whole lot even. Way more than action games.

So I was looking forward to that one, but it just didn't grab me for some reason. Perhaps I should try again.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Which racing game has the best and most music? Been playing and enjoying NFS Heat but I'm sick of hearing the same like ten songs.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Kevyn posted:

Why would you post this? Are you proud of yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

welcome posted:

How long does KRZ take to beat? I might try to rush through it. So many games.

I'd say 15-20 hours, but it depends super heavily on how fast you read, how much exploring you do, etc.

Kentucky Route Zero isn't an easy sell as a game because it's basically a novel you can play, but it's easily one of my favorite media experiences of the past 15 years. Just an incredible thing.