Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Karate Bastard posted:

So where do the cool kids these days hang out

imp zone game club, march is okami and pikmin 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

E/N ADHD thread, on quitting regular weed consumption

Der-Wreck posted:

That’s fair! I respect your decision :cool: if you can make moderation work for you then that’s awesome!

I apologize if my response was off-putting. I tend to overshare, especially when I think I’m trying to help :words:

captkirk posted:

Nah, not off putting. I probably won't pull off moderation and will have to give it up. :)

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

if you're looking for a place that can't pull off moderation, you have chosen the correct dead gay comedy forum

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Alhazred posted:

The sagas mentions a king named Fjölnir who one night became extremely drunk and drowned in a vat of mead.

Bruceski posted:

It was a great morning revelation for his heir though. The best part of waking up was seeing Fjölnir in his cup.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

:drat:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

freeedr posted:

Fine piece of ash

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:help: can anyone help me..???????? please :help:

coryd posted:

i am having trouble registering inside one of the forums.... it is giving me a " Registration is disabled indefinitely ".... is that right?? please help if you can.. thank you...

coryd

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

EorayMel posted:

:help: can anyone help me..???????? please :help:

did anyone halp?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

NoiseAnnoys posted:

did anyone halp?

Yes, now they should be able to register

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Tenacious J posted:

Gnomes are vermin that have a talent for finding your favorite garden plants and eating them, infesting your front lawn while leaving your neighbor's property untouched, and laughing at you the whole time. Try one or more of these methods to eradicate them.
Steps

Check laws regarding getting rid of certain pests. Some of the methods of getting rid of gnomes described below may be illegal in certain countries and states.
Gas them. Use your vehicle's exhaust to flood the gnome tunnel network with carbon monoxide. Find a way to couple your exhaust pipe to one end of a garden hose, and put the other end of the garden hose in a tunnel. Make sure that you cover any open holes with dirt to keep as much of the exhaust from leaking to the surface as possible. Let your vehicle idle for 15 - 30 minutes to flood the entire tunnel network. Repeat as necessary.
Trap them. Use the gnome traps and place it in the tunnels of an active gnome mound. Dig into the mound and place the trap crossways into the tunnel, then cover the area with a sheet of black plastic or burlap so that no light shines into the hole. It also helps to use latex gloves or rub the trap with fresh rosemary so that it doesn't smell of human scent.
Poison them. Poison baits such as strychnine are very dangerous. Always read all labels and instructions. Be very careful when handling, keep away from children. Wash your hands very thoroughly after handling. This method is not recommended if there is a chance that another animal (such as a pet) could eat the gnome after it is poisoned. If your pet eats a poisoned gnome, it will be poisoned too.
Drown them. Use a garden hose to flood the gnome tunnel with water. Be ready to kill the gnome with a shovel if he quickly pops out of the ground to avoid drowning. This method works about half of the time, but always creates a muddy mess.
Smoke them. Buy gnome flares. Read the instructions, light the flares and fill the tunnel with smoke.
Release a predator. Release a wild gnome snake into an active hole. The snake will clear out a large area -- an acre or more -- before moving on to a new area. Sometimes they stick around for a year or more. Additionally, some domestic cats work well against gnomes. Hunting tendencies also depend on the cat's species.
Use a repellent. Repellents are not as effective as other methods. In a glass jar mix 1/2 cup of Castor oil, 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce and a few drops of peppermint oil with about a cup of water. Shake well to create an emulsion. Dip cotton balls into the mixture and stick the balls into active gnome holes near plants that you want to protect. Dog "doo" is effective as well.
Use gnome baskets. Plant vegetable and other vulnerable plants in gnome baskets. These are baskets made of chicken wire that protect the young roots until they are well established.
Plant gnome spurge. This is a plant that gnomes seem to dislike. Plant several in your gnome infested areas.
Feed them Juicyfruit gum. Handle the gum with gloves only so your scent doesn't get on it. Twist the gum, foil and all, and insert it into a fresh mound or a hole you have opened. The gnome will eat it and die in its burrow. Experts scoff at this, perhaps because they get their scent on the gum before they try it. Homeowners swear by it.
Hire a professional. A professional exterminator can use Aluminum Phosphide, which reacts with moisture in the air and soil to produce fast-acting highly toxic phosphine gas. There is no residual poison, and there is no secondary poisoning. If your pet digs up and eats the gnome carcass, there is not a chance that your pet will get poisoned. This is the most expensive option, but many exterminating companies offer guarantees.
Shoot them. If all else fails a good old Crosman 760 Pumpmaster usually does the trick, only about $50. Cheaper than a professional and more fun.
Placing dog feces in their tunnels as an effective deterrent.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Larry Cum Free posted:

I've heard of dump trucks with sirens but never the other way around

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:allbuttons: Idiotic gimmick. :allbuttons:

Ron Paul posted:

Given that scientist have recently agreed (forget what article I read) that an infinite number of universes can exist where all possible variations playout on any given subject...

...would it not be possible that there exists a universe where god exists and has control not only over his universe but also over all other infinite universes?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Lol @ the twofer here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2713655&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=4#post338740326

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

[duke nukem 3d voice]

Panty Saluter posted:

Up your rear end, which is where you can cram the attitude. I asked a simple question, there's no need to be a dick

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

[duke nukem forever voice]

Panty Saluter posted:

OK, I don't know why I've put up with a forum full of emotional children who don't know how to talk to people with even the tiniest amount of decency for so long but I'm done. Oh and the mods and administrators who would rather punish people for sticking up for themselves than the people who treat others poorly: go gently caress yourselves. Your utter lack of character is obvious and I hope it gnaws away at you for the rest of your life

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I was wondering whether to quote that. All this over people trying to help OP with car troubles.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

EorayMel posted:

[duke nukem 3d voice]

[duke nukem forever voice]

Motronic’d again!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

When I had my house torn up for a partial remodel I asked the contractor to run two 3" PVC pipes from my basement to my attic.

Then I never did anything with them.

wesleywillis posted:

Do you still live there?

Put a bucket underneath them and piss in the pipes.

E: bonus points if you don't still live there.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:fella: Time to play guess the subforum :fella:

Sramaker posted:

I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the media.

There's no problem with the gaming industry and related stuff? Fools.

I hate SA and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Mzbundifund posted:

Yeah raid strength is determined by your colony’s wealth and the number of pawns you have, and then there’s a multiplier based on your difficulty setting and whether you’ve had a pawn downed recently. The “pawn recently downed” multiplier doesn’t consider whether the pawn killed is a badass combat cyborg or a five year old child, and the multiplier won’t go above 1.5 or below .5, so even the most catastrophic losses will only give you so much grace if your colony is full of combat-incapable pawns living in solid gold bedrooms.

I’ve heard people who play on 500% threat will keep a Wimp colonist on hand specifically so they can safely punch them unconscious over and over to cheese this multiplier.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

"alright it's the 14th of the quadrum, everyone grab a stick and find out where Leonard's got to"

OwlFancier posted:

Nobody Walks Away From Omelas Alive.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

EorayMel posted:

This thread was 9 years ago and I read my posts in it and Jesus gently caress

How have I maintained the same excellent posting quality all these years

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oldpainless posted:

careful expectation management

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

More like oldtenniscourt

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

oldpainless posted:

more like oldchangeless

lol that banned guy was a hardcore gamergater. I feel envious for this poster:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EorayMel posted:

classic

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’m still not entirely sure what gamergate was to this day, other than video game people were sexist dipshits in some way(s)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

freeedr posted:

I’m still not entirely sure what gamergate was to this day, other than video game people were sexist dipshits in some way(s)

Cooties.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think a woman who had developed a game had at one point had a romantic relationship with a man who had reviewed a few video games at one point in his career although not any of hers. This was an unforgivable offense and called into question the entirety of video games journalism, which to that point had been nothing but an immaculate paragon of what journalism could be, a shining beacon on the hill.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think a woman who had developed a game had at one point had a romantic relationship with a man who had reviewed a few video games at one point in his career although not any of hers. This was an unforgivable offense and called into question the entirety of video games journalism, which to that point had been nothing but an immaculate paragon of what journalism could be, a shining beacon on the hill.

Does anyone have a link to a cliff notes of gamergate because this feels dumb as poo poo and completely improbable but also plausible for hellworld so I don't know what to think.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

Does anyone have a link to a cliff notes of gamergate because this feels dumb as poo poo and completely improbable but also plausible for hellworld so I don't know what to think.

Ralp decided to drop a Gamergate thread on us in D&D when I was a mod and it made absolutely no goddamn sense. To quote... I wanna say Shine? "Girls have cooties and they infected Megaman!"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Outrail posted:

That kind of is the cliff notes. The Guardian has a write up from 2015 that sums up how it all started. It really just became an umbrella to spew violent misogyny at anyone who happened to get in their path though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
One of those things where you're really best off not knowing or caring and basically everyone involved has sunk into the deepest pits of irrelevance

And no it did not get Trump elected

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think also she had dyed her hair.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

marumaru posted:

the weeabutton

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

One of those things where you're really best off not knowing or caring and basically everyone involved has sunk into the deepest pits of irrelevance

I think I'll accept this and move on with my life.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Outrail posted:

I think I'll accept this and move on with my life.

Good plan.

And if anyone brings it up unprompted, run the gently caress away.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

I assume this just calls the police

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Kingo Ligma posted:

I assume this just calls the police

It's not the Granos button.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But you can't say it didn't not get Trump elected!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh no it absolutely didn't not get trump elected, i don't think anyone would contest that

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Folks, brace yourselves for another incoming Neil Breen flick

https://twitter.com/neilbreen/status/1630682259291537408?s=46&t=q9rx_Aj-WiQ7rU_XwHpUpg

I thought the title in the tweet above was just a typo, but no, that’s apparently the actual formatting of the movie’s title.

https://twitter.com/razzbender/status/1625010238230339586?s=46&t=q9rx_Aj-WiQ7rU_XwHpUpg

That is some sociopath poo poo.

ynohtna posted:

NeIl put all his points into the Outsider stat, leaving none left for Art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

oh no it absolutely didn't not get trump elected, i don't think anyone would contest that

Just loving with you. I think what you can say about gamergate was that it was seized upon by the same proto-chuds who wound up being r/thedonald posters.