Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Coolness Averted posted:

thanks for your opinion my guy

Yeah man. You should check out Metal Gear Solid 2. It's a game about how the internet shoves so much misinformation in your face that you stop being able to discern the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
all those problems existed before and the industries have had booms and busts which then fix and break some things.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!
Chuds aren't going to start healing until they acknowledge they, too, have triggers.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Superhero movies are good guy good and bad guy bad? My dude, that is literally the point of superhero movies!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Captain Monkey posted:

it was her choice

Boo!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Coolness Averted posted:

Dude is both depressed and probably a fascist. RIP

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/AltLeloge/status/1631175345519853569?t=0Evu9ThMXXcyiiwWEwAjxA&s=19

:yikes:

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Maybe don’t buy the slavery chocolate?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's those child slaves' own dang fault for getting tangentially involved in American politics

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The enemy of my enemy is my child enslaving ally?

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

TinTower posted:

Don't say this in front of a Tory transphobe otherwise she'll write a column in the Daily Mail complaining about you.

https://twitter.com/sophie_frm_mars/status/1630165824811016193

Surprising absolutely no-one, Daily Mail has now disallowed comments on the article. They didn't remove the dozen or so comments along the lines of "What a terrifying experience" or "Something must be done, this country is getting crazy.", but now that there's a Twitter thread from the other person involved in this "story" comments have been shut down.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nah it's okay, if you throw the chocolate away instead of eating it then you're boycotting them. Best of both worlds

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Offler posted:

Surprising absolutely no-one, Daily Mail has now disallowed comments on the article. They didn't remove the dozen or so comments along the lines of "What a terrifying experience" or "Something must be done, this country is getting crazy.", but now that there's a Twitter thread from the other person involved in this "story" comments have been shut down.

That article has some absolutely (unintentionally) hilarious quotes, though.

"ARE we to live with the fear that every time we use a public toilet we might encounter a threatening trans woman with a penis?"

"I went to Boots opticians and by accident tried on a pair of men's glasses that were too big for my face because men have biologically bigger faces. An assistant said there were new rules and all the glasses are now mixed up."

How can someone write this kind of poo poo and not be laughing themselves to tears with every sentence?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PurpleXVI posted:

"I went to Boots opticians and by accident tried on a pair of men's glasses that were too big for my face because men have biologically bigger faces. An assistant said there were new rules and all the glasses are now mixed up."

Dang we found the person from infomercials.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
They're just loving glasses love. They don't need to have a gender.

"I tried on some glasses and the glasses had a penis and I have trauma now"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am simultaneously convinced that glasses are rigidly categorized by biological head size but also I can't tell by looking at them on the shelf.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Roblo posted:

Hen parties can get weird yeah

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The last time I went to the optician I just had the person working there grab various glasses for me to try out and narrow down what I wanted.

I didn't even need my manservant Enrique, it was great!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There's definitely a Seinfeld about George buying a pair of glasses he likes, and having an absolute melt down when he finds out they're women's glasses.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ALL men have biologically bigger faces than ALL women

It's unnerving, a Mirror-Mask like appearance at the extremes of size range but it always holds true

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mierenneuker posted:

The last time I went to the optician I just had the person working there grab various glasses for me to try out and narrow down what I wanted.

I didn't even need my manservant Enrique, it was great!
The last time I went to the opticians they put the wrong glasses on me and I became a trans woman so I had to get 2,147,483,647 more pairs to overflow my gender binary.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 14:41 on Mar 2, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And there is absolutely no such thing as a pair of men's glasses that is smaller than a pair of women's glasses

It is God's law

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Splicer posted:

Hen parties can get weird yeah

You wouldn't catch that Daily Mail journalist near a hen party. Someone would hand her a cheap plastic straw with a tiny pink knob on it and she'd have a panic attack.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

PurpleXVI posted:

That article has some absolutely (unintentionally) hilarious quotes, though.

"ARE we to live with the fear that every time we use a public toilet we might encounter a threatening trans woman with a penis?"

How can someone write this kind of poo poo and not be laughing themselves to tears with every sentence?

If nothing else, it's terrible optics.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
It’s the glasses thing that gets me. The frames being meant for men is a non-issue if they’re way to big in the first place.

Assuming it happened at all, that is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Can't be understated enough that the core thing with TERFs is the belief that men and women are different species, possibly from different planets, and have literally no common physical, social or mental traits.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Mars invaded Venus to capture women as a domestic slave race for their Earth colony.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Oh, uhh... no, it's because of trans women that I had to put enormous, oversized glasses on my face. And the clerks were all laughing because of, um, political correctness."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Brawnfire posted:

Mars invaded Venus to capture women as a domestic slave race for their Earth colony.

Now do the rest of Roman history like this.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
what genders does the rest of the solar system get?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Well I don't know if Uranus is bisexual, but mine is

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Necrothatcher posted:

Goddamnit, lol.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brawnfire posted:

Well I don't know if Uranus is bisexual, but mine is
Neptune's got the lighting.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Necrothatcher posted:

It's been a while since a pun legitimately made me chuckle, well played.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

If you take out the bits about woke movies and 2000s games not pushing agendas, this is a something awful post.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kit Walker posted:

Dude is both depressed and probably a fascist. RIP

I wish more fascists were severely depressed, it would make the world a better place if they couldn't even get it together to hate a minority or throw a Sieg Heil.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Roblo posted:

You can’t understand the mental trauma I’m feeling.
Please sign my petition.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

The sheer gall of mentioning a very slight inconvenience that takes 2-3 seconds to fix as part of an argument for why some people don't deserve the same rights as you.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Splicer posted:

Neptune's got the lighting.
That's so you can sea better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

If you take out the bits about woke movies and 2000s games not pushing agendas, this is a something awful post.

My thoughts as well when I was reading that.