Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Well that guy sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That was an update.
That certainly was a chapter.

:psyduck:
:psyboom:

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

considering the star eyes thing the actress had going on, its possible theres something more interesting than just 'Killer Man.' at the very least it seems like his deal is targeting actresses and idols with star potential and such, which could at least loop into the series' commentary on the entertainment industry - him as a metaphor for what the industry does to a lot of young women.

I can buy that, but why did he kill the doctor in the beginning? Was that to cover his tracks somehow, since he was in charge of Ai at the time?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

considering the star eyes thing the actress had going on, its possible theres something more interesting than just 'Killer Man.' at the very least it seems like his deal is targeting actresses and idols with star potential and such, which could at least loop into the series' commentary on the entertainment industry - him as a metaphor for what the industry does to a lot of young women.

Holy poo poo, you solved it. All along, it was Killerman, the attraction to stars really was a dead giveaway

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 29, 2023

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Holy poo poo, you solved it. All along, it was Killerman, the attraction to stars really was a dead giveaway

You're wrong. He can't be Killerman because Killerman is Killerman.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
what a chapter..
aqua, just tell that guy the name so he can stab or shoot him in an alley or something...
at first I thought the girl there was Ruby's model classmate with the long hair, but she's much older and drinking

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I can understand a bit of trepidation at this reveal, but personally I think having the killer be an out-and-out psycho could make for a more interesting game of cat and mouse with the twins going on the offensive, as opposed to the more pure soap opera-y stuff that could come from a more ambiguous conflict.

There's also the fact that on some level, a lot of showbiz operates with a very screws-loose mindset, so a dark reflection on that has potential

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Yeah if the angle turns out to be "loads of people knew a complete lunatic has been on the loose for decades and just let it happen for Showbiz Reasons" and if it's pulled off well, that could be a more interesting development than anything having to do with the specific identity of the killer himself, and a timely commentary on systematic abuses within the entertainment industry.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

If Harvey Weinstein and Jeffey Epstein and a ton of other people can get away with systemic abuse for actual decades, I can totally see people looking past a serial killer because corruption

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the riots if he goes after Kana...

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

GateOfD posted:

the riots if he goes after Kana...

#metoo
Cancel culture gone too far

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are we looking at a Yoshikage Kira kind of situation or a Patrick Bateman kind?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Idk which one would be better?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mraagvpeine posted:

The first dude had magical superpowers and the second one didn't so I think the second one would be more likely.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

You say that, but there is a god wandering around the background of this plot, reincarnating stans.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Show biz Highlander

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/Yorimen/status/1628229525539815424?t=e6kg1TLl-k9oRu549OrR8w&s=19

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

i binged this in 24hrs and im not ok

poor loving kana... i hope she does loving lick a certain lying snitch

E: to be clear i mean punching type lick, that meaning of the word

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 1, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
MELT-KUN! Also some other stuff

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 1, 2023

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015622

AAAA!AAAAAAA

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

:letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ai with dark star eyes :stare:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I find it interesting how the last chapters emphasized Ai and the latest victim dying right before they got huge.

Could just be the killer having a type, but given that this setting has confirmed supernatural elements, it's also possible that there's something more to it.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Is there now limit to how far Aqua will exploit Akane? And is Ruby really going to want to participate?

Why cast himself as the murderer? Does he want to destroy his own career that badly?

Nebrilos fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 2, 2023

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Self hatred is my best guess.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Dude never forgave himself

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Nebrilos posted:

Is there now limit to how far Aqua will exploit Akane? And is Ruby really going to want to participate?

Why cast himself as the murderer? Does he want to destroy his own career that badly?

I mean, the killer is his dad, who he strongly resembles, especially considering he is around the age his killer-dad was when Ai died. He's just casting the person who can best look the part.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Aqua's first big role was in Sweet Today as a villain. He's established he has chops for the role.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nebrilos posted:

:confused: Why would it?

As others have said, because he has trauma about Ai's death with the depth of the Mariana's Trench.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Ai with dark star eyes :stare:

It does put her fear of saying words of love to Aqua and Ruby in perspective doesn't it?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wonder when we're going to get someone with one bright and one dark star eye.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'll be honest I don't know how I'd feel if the twist was Ai Hoshino wanted to die because she felt like she couldn't cut it as an Idol to actress pipeline and would rather die in a dramatic fashion for some form of immortality. I'm sure it's not that because that feels a bit like victim blaming and a bit convoluted. I would however am open to the other twist about the Concerning age gaps considering the entirety of Ai and the killer and such's age difference. There are potential landmines there that if handled properly could be good writing and commentary on the entertainment industry I'm sure Aka would be able to handle such topics maturely and properly.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

I wonder when we're going to get someone with one bright and one dark star eye.

This actually happened for a single panel with Ruby when Aqua asked her if she'd be willing to do anything to save Kana from her scandal. Specifically when she says "she's my friend, of course I would"

Annointed posted:

I'll be honest I don't know how I'd feel if the twist was Ai Hoshino wanted to die because she felt like she couldn't cut it as an Idol to actress pipeline and would rather die in a dramatic fashion for some form of immortality. I'm sure it's not that because that feels a bit like victim blaming and a bit convoluted. I would however am open to the other twist about the Concerning age gaps considering the entirety of Ai and the killer and such's age difference. There are potential landmines there that if handled properly could be good writing and commentary on the entertainment industry I'm sure Aka would be able to handle such topics maturely and properly.

The obvious thing I can think of is Ai revealing her kids to the world via the documentary but that seems a bit low-key compared to how Ai was framed during that dark star panel

In any case Aka is doing a good job making us guess.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 2, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
wonder if the actual former cast members of the group are gonna ever show up

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Was looking at the volume 11 cover. Those gloves remind me of ballet shoes.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Oh great, Akane gets to play the part of the teenage girl who was murdered, what could go wrong

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
one of them is definitely gonna die for real right?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Akane's role is going to drum up some weird comments.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

Akane's role is going to drum up some weird comments.

What could possibly be weird about a guy making his ex-girlfriend play his dead mother in a movie where he is going to pretend to murder her.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
To be sure, only Akane is capable of playing the part of Ai since she can do the eyes correctly. Was this Aqua’s plan the whole time, the reason he went out with her once he realized her talent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

What could possibly be weird about a guy making his ex-girlfriend play his dead mother in a movie where he is going to pretend to murder her.

Their break up isn’t public yet though is it