Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PathAsc posted:

Also lol at this farm keys to open chests to turn the hamster wheel.

Feels like a drat mobile game

Buy a super key charge pack with 20 keys for ten dollars, 5 bonus keys if you buy today only. Offer expires in 07:46 hours.

Click here to charge your linked purchase method guardian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
This thread is amazing, you all sound like me now :allears:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
id take farming events for consistent keys over running wellspring on a specific day for a 10% chance drop of a red border to progress the witch queen crafting quest, a quest that i have still somehow not finished (i don't even think it unlocks anything but a bad exotic glaive at this point but i would like to clear it out someday...)

i do think im going to hold off grinding that stuff until more players are done with the campaign though, right now its a wild west where everyone is incredibly underleveled (unlike me, who is only slightly underleveled)

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Lol per the Cloudstrider lore there was nothing special they did to hide Neomuna it’s just it was uh, super cloudy and stuff (the clouds block all comms because they are uh, aluminum clouds)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I beat the campaign. The last fight was awful. Not even hard in a traditional sense just annoying. Have to kill the Tormentors because you'll just eat poo poo in phase 2 if they're still up so you just plink at them slowly while ignoring the non threatening boss and random enemies that stay in one place and didn't hit me once. And if you're unlucky the Tormentor will knock you 50 feet while also suppressing your ability to grapple so you just lose there. only took like 4 tries but each one I died because I got flung off the map either by the tormentors or overshooting a grapple with no recovery.

Honestly feel like we shoulda just spent a year on Neptune chillin and dealing with the Vex or something and have the cabal threat happen for the final season, the end cutscene woulda been pretty cool as a lead up to the next expac! not the end of this ones base story...

Spending way more time on Neptune and getting to know the Cloudstriders would have helped alot too. You speak to Rohan like three times and yet your Ghost gets super mopey and like "if Rohan was here..I bet he'd say <thing i forgot>" and it's like why are you waxing nostalgic about a guy you knew for 20mins lol Another reason why this whole thing woulda been better as the finale to the expansion as a whole...

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 2, 2023

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

abraham linksys posted:

id take farming events for consistent keys over running wellspring on a specific day for a 10% chance drop of a red border to progress the witch queen crafting quest, a quest that i have still somehow not finished (i don't even think it unlocks anything but a bad exotic glaive at this point but i would like to clear it out someday...)

Don't worry, the wellspring equivalent has only 3 separate daily exclusive weapons you have to farm, down from 4! although they all need 5 patterns so it works out to 15 total red borders vs the 16 for wellspring

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

RocketRaygun posted:

Darkness isn't death.

I agree. That's why I say they simplified the original concept of Darkness into the Witness. This original darkness was a force that personified ruthless evolution, and yes, it wanted life, but at the cost of everything else. The books of sorrows state that it wants to create something eternal, something that will rule absolutely over all existence or actually be all existence. That was the final shape, the perfect being/race at the end of all.

Now the Witness, which is apparently what the writers now say the darkness prime being always was, just wants death for everyone. That's a lot more boring in my opinion

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Don't worry, the wellspring equivalent has only 3 separate daily exclusive weapons you have to farm, down from 4! although they all need 5 patterns so it works out to 15 total red borders vs the 16 for wellspring

There is no patterns for the daily exclusive weapons so have fun getting hosed by rng!

elpaganoescapa posted:

I agree. That's why I say they simplified the original concept of Darkness into the Witness. This original darkness was a force that personified ruthless evolution, and yes, it wanted life, but at the cost of everything else. The books of sorrows state that it wants to create something eternal, something that will rule absolutely over all existence or actually be all existence. That was the final shape, the perfect being/race at the end of all.

Now the Witness, which is apparently what the writers now say the darkness prime being always was, just wants death for everyone. That's a lot more boring in my opinion
I'm not sure The Witness wants death for everything - maybe in the practical sense, but it frames it very differently. From what I understand there's been follow ups that "the original darkness" is basically the Hive's (incorrect) understanding of the final shape/what the witness wants. The Final Shape that Witness seeks, is probably some state where there is no life, because the universe has reached some ultimate state. It's a further extension of "a perfect being" - it would be the perfect state - removing -everything- that does not need to be.

That said I'm half expecting the final shape to end with "Guardians are the final shape" or something like that, and that the final shape is some cosmic balance where there's no outside influence or something.

e: Why in the world has the little menu that lists champion counters just up and vanished for me?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 2, 2023

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

elpaganoescapa posted:

The opening cinematic in Lightfall explicitly said the Witness wasn't the darkness, just a being who wielded it. It doesn't get more absolute than that that the Witness isn't "Darkness Prime". It's a very powerful entity but not Winnower or Darkness Incarnate.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Oxyclean posted:

There is no patterns for the daily exclusive weapons so have fun getting hosed by rng!

I'm not sure The Witness wants death for everything - maybe in the practical sense, but it frames it very differently. From what I understand there's been follow ups that "the original darkness" is basically the Hive's (incorrect) understanding of the final shape/what the witness wants. The Final Shape that Witness seeks, is probably some state where there is no life, because the universe has reached some ultimate state. It's a further extension of "a perfect being" - it would be the perfect state - removing -everything- that does not need to be.

That said I'm half expecting the final shape to end with "Guardians are the final shape" or something like that, and that the final shape is some cosmic balance where there's no outside influence or something.

e: Why in the world has the little menu that lists champion counters just up and vanished for me?

I want to toxx for this because i feel in my bones its going to happen. The final shape is the destiny tricorn.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
“Stand is the One Thing Calus couldn’t plan on!”

cabal centurion with strand shield in second mission:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
I want to know what the witness was doing in space in front of the traveller while we were jagging off on Neptune. Same with all of our vanguard pals in the Helm.

Do you think that after the initial cutscene they agreed to have tea and play soccer like the wwi Christmas truce before assuming the same exact positions for the final cutscene? That’s my headcannon. I just need to figure out what all the pyramid ships did during the pause.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I want to know what the witness was doing in space in front of the traveller while we were jagging off on Neptune. Same with all of our vanguard pals in the Helm.

Do you think that after the initial cutscene they agreed to have tea and play soccer like the wwi Christmas truce before assuming the same exact positions for the final cutscene? That’s my headcannon. I just need to figure out what all the pyramid ships did during the pause.

he was witnessing, op.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

oh my loving god this fight has a second phase with no checkpoint?????

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

elpaganoescapa posted:

I hope when the final shape year is over, maybe Battuta can explain here what was his original idea about this whole mess, I'd love to know

I mean my thoughts about the Darkness aren't a secret, I defined it pretty openly in the D1 grimoire and I've kept to the same concept since. It's an idea that fascinates me because it's real, right? It exists in our universe, it dominates everything we do. All the good we want to achieve, everything we want to make better about the world, is constrained by the fact that systems first have to keep existing and resist their competitors before they can actually, like, do good stuff. It's awful. It's tyrannical. It weighed on me a lot as a depressed burnout locked in a room at Bungie banging away at OneNote. "Is creation, whether it's a video game studio or a nation or a species or whatever, ultimately ruled by those who put all their energy into Winning The Game, and none at all into Being Decent or Having Purpose?" What's the point of writing a great game if no one plays it? Does it matter if you write a bad game if everyone plays it? Is there really any meaning to anything that can exist beyond the awful metric of 'first, promote your own existence'?

But Bungie is ultimately in charge of the IP, they get to decide what actually matters to the game.

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 2, 2023

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
In both the Ikora journal for uhh Witch Queen? And hopefully in some upcoming lore stuff you will see more of the thoughts I put into the Light side of things. Where I do try to articulate a possibility of escape from the tyranny of 'optimize thy own values away in favor of Growth'

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

e: triple post lol

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 2, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Christ almighty the last room of the 3rd mission is some serious unfun dogshit

Zokari posted:

Also this is quite annoying

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Haven't really played Destiny since Forsaken, still following the lore because it's great, been reading up on Witch Queen and Lightfall and what the gently caress is Bungie doing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about the reaction, 75% of reddit right now is some variant of "this is so bad it makes me preemptively write off The Final Shape"

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

haveblue posted:

Holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about the reaction, 75% of reddit right now is some variant of "this is so bad it makes me preemptively write off The Final Shape"

32% negative overall on steam BAYBEEEEE

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zokari posted:

The second phase is a glass cannon. He takes like a million percent extra damage from Strand. Just cast super and melee a couple times and he croaks

It was anti-climactic and made me wonder what the point even was! Phase I was enough of a boss fight

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

General Battuta posted:

I mean my thoughts about the Darkness aren't a secret, I defined it pretty openly in the D1 grimoire and I've kept to the same concept since. It's an idea that fascinates me because it's real, right? It exists in our universe, it dominates everything we do. All the good we want to achieve, everything we want to make better about the world, is constrained by the fact that systems first have to keep existing and resist their competitors before they can actually, like, do good stuff. It's awful. It's tyrannical. It weighed on me a lot as a depressed burnout locked in a room at Bungie banging away at OneNote. "Is creation, whether it's a video game studio or a nation or a species or whatever, ultimately ruled by those who put all their energy into Winning The Game, and none at all into Being Decent or Having Purpose?" What's the point of writing a great game if no one plays it? Does it matter if you write a bad game if everyone plays it? Is there really any meaning to anything that can exist beyond the awful metric of 'first, promote your own existence'?

But Bungie is ultimately in charge of the IP, they get to decide what actually matters to the game.

what matters is that the final shape is a triangle etched into a circle and also ghost is going to say 'i bet he didn't want to witness that, guardian' after we shoot the witness. and he's gonna take off his little high collar and have a gross mouth.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So long as we get to wear one of his asses as a hat

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Zokari posted:

Sure does! Don't you like a "challenge"????

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Extremely into the return of Asher Mir

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Zokari posted:

at this point I'm ready to call it the worst boss fight in Destiny history

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heads up - apparently sometimes your reloader, holster, reserve, finder, and scavenger Mods will often become inactive upon a single PvE Death

And you have to re-slot the mod to re-activate them?

What in tarnation

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heads up - apparently sometimes your reloader, holster, reserve, finder, and scavenger Mods will often become inactive upon a single PvE Death

And you have to re-slot the mod to re-activate them?

What in tarnation

I also had the artifact mod for volatile rounds stop working similarly. Resetting the thing fixed it. Makes me wonder how much I was running around with broken mods that are less obvious buffs.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The last boss fight was a cake walk with strand hunter + strand quicksilver. Shoot him for a few seconds and then dump 3 grenades into him while zooming around with your grapple. Rinse repeat.

Hell, none of the campaign was particularly difficult, even on legendary if you sat back and took your time.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
After finishing the campaign, side quests, collecting all strand aspects you can currently collect, and the weekly quests:

- Campaign was meh and more of a slog than difficult.
- The quicksilver storm is still very good for bosses and yellow bars.
- Osteo Striga still OP
- New slot system is very very good and a welcome change.
- Loadouts are awesome.
- how to unlock strand aspects is garbage and Grrindy bullshit.
- The new seasonal weapons aren’t particularly interesting and nothing jumped out at me.
- Strand is incredibly broken in PvP lmfao nobody play tested it.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

There's a lot of bad, but after several hours I finally noticed that hitting right on the dpad when looking at the inventory menu opens a new screen for equipping mods on all your armor at once, just like that slightly hidden menu for messing with your cosmetics. It's not the best interface, but the bar is so low it's a HUGE improvement imo.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Funkameleon posted:

I also had the artifact mod for volatile rounds stop working similarly. Resetting the thing fixed it. Makes me wonder how much I was running around with broken mods that are less obvious buffs.

This would go a long way towards explaining why running Bricks from Beyond resulted in almost zero heavy bricks from mowing poo poo down with Gnawing Hunger

eta: oh it has to be a powerful combatant, well those lovely incendiors didn’t drop any either

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

FlapYoJacks posted:

After finishing the campaign, side quests, collecting all strand aspects you can currently collect, and the weekly quests:

- Campaign was meh and more of a slog than difficult.
- The quicksilver storm is still very good for bosses and yellow bars.
- Osteo Striga still OP
- New slot system is very very good and a welcome change.
- Loadouts are awesome.
- how to unlock strand aspects is garbage and Grrindy bullshit.
- The new seasonal weapons aren’t particularly interesting and nothing jumped out at me.
- Strand is incredibly broken in PvP lmfao nobody play tested it.

I haven't dug into the seasonal weapons a lot but the new auto rifle is nice just for being strand and having the strand perk

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
If the Calus fight is kicking your rear end you can get under the stairs that lead from the platform with the banner and strand to the fight proper. From there you can shoot at Calus and the adds, but for phase 2 that is not possible, the area becomes more limited. Save your heave ammo for that and kill the tormentors before you end phase 1. You will take some damage very occasionally, but at least with 100 resilience it took, at most, half of my shields. And it regenerated before I took any more.

Have stairs, be protected.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Funkameleon posted:

I gave up on using volatile rounds because it didnt seem to do anything. I was going to gently caress around with it to see what was going on but this answers it so thanks.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

So far the only thing I'm mad about with this season/expansion is that auto rifles aren't the anti-barrier choice. It was pulse rifles last season you fuckers and it was scouts the season before. So, by all rights it should be autos this go around.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
is the farm all hosed up cause war bad, or cause its been like three years since anyone went there and it just fell apart from neglect

e; if the mithraaks of several years ago hiding in the barn's basement could see it now, a place where human AND eliksni refugees hide, I think he'd be happy

ee; the heaviest bombardment seemed not to have targeted the buildings, but the soccer field. Witness is NFL fan confirmed

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Mar 2, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

devrim saying velask to mithraaks made me very happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Anyways I just wanna say I was right about The Witness being regular-sized.