Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
20+ plat per 20 minutes guaranteed is a real good moneymaker though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
It is, but the most consistent plat farms have pretty much always been things nobody else wanted to do. (With gear/progression requirements or sheer obscurity occasionally playing a part, but ime much less than "it isn't actually fun.")

e: also probably things that are comparatively difficult to automate, although I have no real way to quantify that or to distinguish bots from human bot-aspirants

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 28, 2023

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Though, looking at wfm's sales numbers, there really aren't a lot being sold, like, 10 every couple of days, while encumber sells decently often(it is the best one after all), but it is also the one with the worst price.

The mission is incredibly easy to semi afk though, outside of the titania which you can just get from recruiting chat.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Nalesh posted:

Though, looking at wfm's sales numbers, there really aren't a lot being sold, like, 10 every couple of days, while encumber sells decently often(it is the best one after all), but it is also the one with the worst price.

The mission is incredibly easy to semi afk though, outside of the titania which you can just get from recruiting chat.

The thing is, nobody wants to be the titania on steel path, because titania can't solo defend on steel path, and that means actually having to trust randoms to defend. And every time I've tried it, everyone tries competing with me to grab the gems, or just afks, and nobody kills anything and we fail. So you load into a mission and get like 3 frosts and a citrine and nobody grabs gems. It'll take forever, and you'll get way less gems, but at least you won't fail.

I've never seen multiple titanias, but that would probably work great, depending on what helminth everyone is bringing.

If you do steel path and see more than 1 revenant in your group, just leave. Revenant is babby's 1st steel path frame, and usually gets played because he can't die. Though if they're so new to steel path that they have to use revenant, their weapons are probably not killing anything, and rev's abilities don't help much at that level either.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Going through recruit chat gets you competent enough teammates for a waiting game like this gamemode.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
i just pick xaku and play the videogame

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I've been getting about 700-750 gemeralds of each flavor when I solo a round of regular mode. How big a drop is that from what you're getting as a team on the steel path?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

brainSnakes posted:

700-750 gemeralds of each flavor when I solo a round
Do you go like 10 C rotations or something? or did you just typo a 0 too much

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah a single C rotation on normal is 75-90 depending on how good your team is at collecting the gems.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SP is pretty reliably 140+ per C rotation if your team isn't afk.

Titania isn't necessary, but she's nice to have around. I mostly run gloom Protea.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 28, 2023

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Helter Skelter posted:

SP is pretty reliably 140+ per C rotation if your team isn't afk

That's been my experience.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Do you go like 10 C rotations or something? or did you just typo a 0 too much

Definitely meant 70-75. That was some pre coffee texting negligence on my part.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I have a grossly overtuned Frost Prime that I've been running pubbie SP mirror defs with and it's been smooth sailing, aside from a little snowglobe maintenance I spend most of the mission hoovering up crystal bits

An important thing to remember if you're the party Frost is you gotta keep hammering out avalanches as much as you can - the combined cc and armor stripping really loads the dice in your favor

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've mostly been doing Vauban, max range absolutely rocks for mirror defense. I've seen Citrines doing well, too.

I REALLY like Citrine. Went with TheMoon85's build on Overframe with all the Archon mods and swapped Creeping Terrify for Spectrosiphon. She's not a great run and gun frame without some cast speed, but for more stationary missions, she just prints energy and murders everything. Really enjoyable.

Also a pubbie said they liked my look for her. :3:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i had a gyre in my group absolutely owning the other day on sp mirror defense

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Helter Skelter posted:

gloom Protea.

DoombatINC posted:

a grossly overtuned Frost Prime

Echophonic posted:

Vauban, max range

Citrines

I've done pretty well with all of these, can confirm.

Awesome! posted:

i had a gyre in my group absolutely owning the other day on sp mirror defense

I wish I knew what was going on here because I want to like her more. Also wish she colored a little bit better instead of being fairly muted from her textures, not enough shiny on electric crit frame.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
gyre

2 ember shards for cast speed, add madurai for 100%
spam pillage or 2 for fun
get an elec weapon or something rapid fire. I like the ninkondi prime for thematic reasons.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I run around like an idiot killing everything with Saryn, pressing 4 about every five seconds and gobbling up all the fragments, it works fairly well. I've seen multiple Titanias several times, including one three Titania run.

I still ran around goggling all the fragments because it gives me something to do to my left hand, aside from being a drinky bird on my 4 key.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

A Moose posted:

I've never seen multiple titanias, but that would probably work great, depending on what helminth everyone is bringing.

I joined an SP game where someone asked in the recruit chat for a Titania. I joined as Titania, the game started, and we had 3 Titanias and the host.

Titania still kills fine on SP, so I focused on damage and we got through the first C rotation, but at that point I think the other 2 Titanias had 9 kills between them.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Majestic posted:

I joined an SP game where someone asked in the recruit chat for a Titania. I joined as Titania, the game started, and we had 3 Titanias and the host.

Titania still kills fine on SP, so I focused on damage and we got through the first C rotation, but at that point I think the other 2 Titanias had 9 kills between them.

Yeah, titania kills fine, but only 1 enemy at a time.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
A single Khora can carry the entire team's kills, enough to saturate the gem spawn cap.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

A single Khora can carry the entire team's kills, enough to saturate the gem spawn cap.

It really doesn't take very much at all to hit the cap, in fairness.

It is not a difficult game mode to do well in.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I ran into an aco oneshotting the objective (mightve been malice with magnetize?) from 80k to 0 in half a second once, but other than that i've never even seen the objective get hurt too badly. 25 minute SP C rotations usually vary between 150 and 160 crystals, the real headache is pubs being very inconsistent about what rotation they want to go for.

Of course if youre not going for the 150 SP crystals (or aco drops) vs 100 on normal and are just trying to fish the drop tables, those don't change and you might as well chill out with some goofy test builds in normal.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The biggest headache is when an acolyte spawns right as the defense is transitioning to the other target - I always just rush ahead to the objective and leave the pubs to fight the aco since the missed crystal pickups and vulnerable defense target are much more of a problem for me than possibly missing some steel path goodies

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ok so Gyre... we need to talk about Gyre for a second. She got that new augment, and it's actually super good (even though it's yet another mandatory augment).

If you're not aware: Cathode Current is neat. While your 3 (Cathode Grace) and 4 (Rotorswell) are active, any time you kill something you get a free proc off of your 4 at 200% strength AND it extends the duration on your 4. That means that, so long as you're doing the murder, you don't need to constantly refresh your 4. Plus, you're making GBS threads out bolts of lightning almost as fast as when Gyre used to before they fixed that bug after her release. It's pretty neat, it's a massive DPS boost, and it's a strong QoL change that just makes her easier to roll with. The only downside is that it doesn't scale with mods at all, so no juicing it up to insane levels. :smith:

So why the gently caress am I making this post? Because she's actually super loving strong now... with a specific caveat: you have to give her Pillage with Helminth. Why? Gyre's always had two issues: electric damage falls off hilariously against any type of armor, and she gets blapped more easily than that first goomba in SMB1. Pillage fixes both of those problems: shields and shield gating abuse, combined with armor stripping... on a frame that loves strength. It's a win-win. If you build her right, you can pretty easily get that Pillage to 100% armor stripping, at which point Gyre turns into a loving demon who kills poo poo so quickly that not even SP spawns can loving keep up.

The build:

Pretty straightforward. The point is that, with this, she has full armor stripping on Pillage as soon as she maxes out the Molt Augmented buff. Archon Stretch + Cathode Grace + Rotorswell essentially means you have infinite energy, so the efficiency loss from Blind Rage is unnoticeable. Primed Continuity is flexible, if you ask me; I mostly keep it on there for missions with friendlies where mobs to murder become a bit more sparse, as it gives me some breathing room before the 3 and 4 fall off. Arcane Aegis is purely my own preference (I like it for insurance), that slot is really for whatever floats your boat.

As for what to swap out for Pillage, well, you need your 3 and 4 for this to work at all, so those are out. Which leaves the 1 and the 2: the 1 is the big spark ball, the 2 is the rolling ball that does the SUCC. It's personal preference which one you pick, I happen to like the big sparky ball that is the 1 in part because it lets me control a space more easily (I can use it to soft-CC nerds if things are getting hairy). Up to you.

She takes a bit to get up and running, so you'll want to make sure to bring strong weapons, and an energy pizza helps out at the beginning just to help her get her 3 and 4 active. Once that's done and she gets rolling, however, she becomes deadlier and deadlier until eventually you're running around murdering everything by pressing your Pillage button. She basically plays the game like Vampire Survivors. Your only real counters are dispels of any kind (Nullifiers, and especially loving VIOLENCE that evil bitch), and energy drains, and the normal bullshit #JustWarframeThings that one-tap you. Otherwise, everything is dying so quickly that it can't really murder you.

I'm still messing around with the build, but it's been a lot of fun so far.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 2, 2023

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I'm building gyre right now - perfect timing.

Love build overviews like this!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I had a yareli last time that had 60% of the damage done even though i was saryn and had 3x the kills. I assume she was just overmurdering select targets.

I lack imagination, are any of the citrine arcanes worth actually using? I've had absolutely abysmal luck getting citrine parts to drop so i'm going to end up with a buttload of currency to buy BPs or arcances with

i'm also using an absolutely ancient saryn build but it works!

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 2, 2023

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I've heard good things about Encumber.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Encumber is stupid silly, the chance of free abilities is an.. okay? thing if you don't have energize, but that's pmuch it I think.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
That theory stuff is always appreciated. I was already interested in trying to farm Gyre just because I think she looks cool, now I'm more invested.

Got a quick question. I've been hoarding Aya for a few particular frames, but they ain't showing up. Is Mesa prime worth farming for? I've heard she's considered strong, but I don't know in what way, or if she's actually any fun.

I've had horrible luck with the last few frames I've tried to farm off bosses, so I haven't bothered to go for regular Mesa yet. I just know that even if I farm up 20 attempts at Zerg Alad V I'll still be missing the neuroptics by the end of it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

brainSnakes posted:

That theory stuff is always appreciated. I was already interested in trying to farm Gyre just because I think she looks cool, now I'm more invested.

Got a quick question. I've been hoarding Aya for a few particular frames, but they ain't showing up. Is Mesa prime worth farming for? I've heard she's considered strong, but I don't know in what way, or if she's actually any fun.

I've had horrible luck with the last few frames I've tried to farm off bosses, so I haven't bothered to go for regular Mesa yet. I just know that even if I farm up 20 attempts at Zerg Alad V I'll still be missing the neuroptics by the end of it.

You know the cowboy dude from Overwatch? The one whose name they changed thanks to Blizzard being a frat house? His ult? "It's HIGH NOOOOON"? That's Mesa, all the time. She gets a 90% DR skill and an aimbot for her 4 which absolutely loving obliterates things. She's just generally quite good.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I can see how that would be strong, yeah. I'm just questioning if it sounds enjoyable. So far my favorite frames have been active ones like Gara and Harrow.

I see she's an exalted weapon frame. So does she slant into secondaries more than most? I could see that being a cool change of pace from my usual routine.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Mesa is especially nice if you can't easily pick out enemies in open-world areas. OTOH, her prime isn't much different (other than her butt) and also probably like 40p on the market.

EDIT : I find the positioning and waving around your aiming circle more active than people give her credit for. But ymmv.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

she is much more fun if you arent using waltz to slowly creep around in terminator mode. flip 4 on and off while you are bullet jumping and poo poo.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Mesa is mainly known for being a turret and destroying everything in LoS, but there are a few other configurations you can run that are low-key good.

Her fashion is top-tier, too.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mesa is one of those frames that can just poo poo on liches/sisters. She's not THE BEST at that, but she is damned good. Her DPS is so absurd that it allows her to pull off some serious bullshit sometimes.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Also with both Mesa's Waltz and switching in and out of her 4 and bullet jumping, she's pretty active (It also helps keep the reticule open since it shrinks when overused.). Even having to move the reticule forces her not to be brainless, she's no Wukong.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Awesome! posted:

she is much more fun if you arent using waltz to slowly creep around in terminator mode. flip 4 on and off while you are bullet jumping and poo poo.

This has got my interest. Also I kind of want the Redeemer prime, too, so I guess I'm gonna go for her!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

You can also just switch to operator for movement with terminator nyx/waltz mesa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My favorite dumb Mesa trick is Waltzing in mid air after a bullet jump.