Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Cottonmouth snakes.

Thank you friend for ruining my sleep for the rest of this night at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

classic ruggles

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

silentsnack posted:

Prester Jane? if you want someone who actually remembers you could try asking in the pyf Goon Sagas thread?

uhhhhhhhhh yeah I only hang around in a few threads but the mod meltdowns from that thread are so bad that I actually heard about that thread from non-SA sources, which is saying a lot these days.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Slanderer posted:

I'm still annoyed they say that tritium capsule keychains are illegal because they're "toys", but tritium gunsights and compasses are totally fine because ???. Tritium illumination is insanely useful for so many things too (such as attaching them to your tent's zipper pull so you can find it in the dark)

They exclude "frivolous purposes or in toys or adornments," so a tent zipper would probably be okay.

Strontium aluminate is good enough you'd probably be able to use that as well, glow in the dark tech has come a long way in the last 20 years

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zetsubou-san posted:

yeah... about that

turns out closing the only publicly facing forum-wide feedback venue for two months has some slight side effects.
all the pathetic drama elementals start gathering in their own thread to get their fix instead of in QCS?

Nenonen posted:

Yeah, when I heard about it in morning news I was just left wondering "how the hell does that happen, in Europe, in 2023?"
A Greek person I follow said

quote:

Two trains collided head on in Greece today. More than 30 people are dead, dozens more are injured. The national train company was sold off to an Italian company(FSI TRENITALIA) by the previous government. The Greek trains and railways have been worked manually for at least 20 years if not more and the union has been reporting the issue and striking only for them to be fired, ignored and mistreated. The driver was heard saying "Let's go and whatever happens happens". The government is fully shifting the blame on the workers, who did not even have a basic GPS system to track the trains let alone anything else. The lights don't work. The train tracks change directions manually. The trains were headed towards each other for 12 minutes. People died because the money that was supposed to go to modernise the rail system was used for bribes. The protests that started in response to this were violently repressed, with the police teargassing and beating the protesters.
:capitalism:

osha content:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqon0qEkWp1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqn7bxRT4l1uk10e9.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqr30kbAwO1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rquqghAy4W1qigfjt.mp4

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 2, 2023

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Well, poo poo.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
It's sleeping

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
QCS is open again for all the crazies to have fun again

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Not a seatbelt to be seen. That had to hurt.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

didn't even need sound to know what was said :blessed:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

CommieGIR posted:

The bigger concern is that Uranium metal is actually pyrophoric (uranium metal reacts with the air and can produce hydrogen which can then produce uranium hydride if trapped and burst into flame).

Sounds like it would be fine in space then. Further proof that it's from a UFO!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqusgy2KfV1w5pr9j.mp4

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

axolotl farmer posted:

Well, poo poo.

loving Australian equipment. :argh:

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Spatial posted:

No airbags either so they probably just shook the camera a bit, screamed, and then leant over to make it look like they'd crashed.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

KillNapdozer

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Someone please roll over Megaweapon. :smith:

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

Huh, I'm getting better, I didn't even scream!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bertha the Toaster posted:

No airbags either so they probably just shook the camera a bit, screamed, and then leant over to make it look like they'd crashed.

They’re literally upside down in the car

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I've been in three rollovers and the airbags didn't go off in any of them.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

axolotl farmer posted:

Well, poo poo.

The haul truck lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, spinning its wheels trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

axolotl farmer posted:

Well, poo poo.

Aww it just wants belly rubs!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

axolotl farmer posted:

Well, poo poo.

Bad pondering technique re hands on hips.

They’re hosed.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

You all have such a negative perspective. It's clearly carrying the entire world.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

They’re hosed.

Maybe the photo was taken in the moment of moving the hands from the head to the hips

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Platystemon posted:

They’re hosed.

No surrender cobra, they’ve yet to realize the true extent of The Fuckening that’s about to descend upon them.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Slanderer posted:

Who was the mentally-unwell former cult member on the forums who created their own really dumb sociological framework (despite having done no reading in the field) and was baffled that professors they emailed never replied back? Learning that last part was funny, because in my experience it's pretty easy to get an email back from random professors (although I wasn't emailing my manifestos)

prester jane, there's a couple threads about it. they aren't funny but they do reflect your take, in that the OP gets defensive about their theory and considers it groundbreaking outsider academic stuff but it's also like, the kind of thing that anyone would discover doing a lit review on cult or in-group behavior and the like

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3872253

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708238

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

There Bias Two posted:

Aww it just wants belly rubs!

This isn’t funny. Construction equipment only does this when it’s in distress.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
The truck lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, turns its wheels trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping. Why is that

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

The truck lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, turns its wheels trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping. Why is that

Sounds like you need to go talk to the union steward buddy, we don't do work around here without authorization and proper certs.

Friggin' engineers.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Congrats I just threw my phone across the room.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

Spatial posted:

My friends and I did a lot of stupid poo poo in High School but none of us would drive anywhere without everyone in the car buckled up. Maybe growing up in a place that you could hit a deer/elk at any moment was more of a motivator than other places :shrug:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yeah in alaska almost everyone I knew in high school had been involved in some kind of rollover accident (usually a single car rolling into a ditch) so everyone always buckled up even when doing super stupid poo poo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Remember those "dog in truck bed" videos, well this is the developing country equivalent but worse

https://i.imgur.com/tBUqOAr.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
haven't seen a 323 in forever

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

LifeSunDeath posted:

haven't seen a 323 in forever

We had a 323 hatchback when I was a kid and since there were three kids, any time the whole family wanted to go anywhere I had to sit in the middle and have the belts from either side crossed over my body in an X.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Remember those "dog in truck bed" videos, well this is the developing country equivalent but worse

https://i.imgur.com/tBUqOAr.mp4

The car isn't moving though? Either way, very good dog!

Edit: ok for some reason when I saw this post it was just two images and I didn't realise the bottom one was a video. I am dingus supreme.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 2, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Scholtz posted:

You all have such a negative perspective. It's clearly carrying the entire world.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

took me a second to figure out why they had a textured countertop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Do not pet the CAT's belly, it's a trap!