Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Humphreys posted:

I know we are now picking on the idiot, but check that manlet with the big scary tough truck that he can barely see over the doors of.
You mean the obvious contractor of some sort driving an apparently standard pickup truck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

the one driving a truck and starting the fight, but didn't actually know how to fight

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

the one driving a truck and starting the fight, but didn't actually know how to fight

Fat mans folly.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Never fight a PT Cruiser owner. They’ve got nothing left to lose

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Archonet posted:

Man, imagine being the kind of guy that drives a pickup truck like that, then getting your rear end beaten by the driver of a PT Cruiser.

That goes beyond ego check, that's God kicking you in the balls and screwing your wife in front of you.

I had a PT Cruiser once and really liked it. Nice driving position, good visibility, tons of space. Though it did develop a mysterious engine problem that Chrysler could never diagnose (the fault code apparently didn't exist in their database, somehow) and it would occasionally decide to literally turn itself off on the motorway at 70mph (like everything was off as if you'd taken the key out), which was kind of distressing. But I didn't die so that's a win.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
The real curse is car culture

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Never fight a PT Cruiser owner. They’ve got nothing left to lose

And everything to prove apparently

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Stoatbringer posted:

I had a PT Cruiser once and really liked it. Nice driving position, good visibility, tons of space. Though it did develop a mysterious engine problem that Chrysler could never diagnose (the fault code apparently didn't exist in their database, somehow) and it would occasionally decide to literally turn itself off on the motorway at 70mph (like everything was off as if you'd taken the key out), which was kind of distressing. But I didn't die so that's a win.

You know the old slogan, There's No Junk Like Mopar

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I think 'driving' is an awfully generous term for what's happening here.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

Stoatbringer posted:

I had a PT Cruiser once and really liked it. Nice driving position, good visibility, tons of space.

There is no amount of practicality or visibility or cupholders or rear end warmers or hold-my-hand-i-cant-handle-driving-in-snow driving modes or really any other positive feature that will make you not look like you're sitting in a car with severe genetic defects.

I'm serious. The cars appearance is the vehicular equivalent of Sloth from The Goonies. It is offensive to the eyes, nay, even the soul.

Behold, the most cursed thing of all: a post-millenium car with wood paneling.

God help us all.

quote:

Though it did develop a mysterious engine problem that Chrysler could never diagnose (the fault code apparently didn't exist in their database, somehow) and it would occasionally decide to literally turn itself off on the motorway at 70mph (like everything was off as if you'd taken the key out), which was kind of distressing. But I didn't die so that's a win.

MOPAR: Many Odd Parts Arranged Randomly.

Archonet fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 2, 2023

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Europe has the Fiat Multipla

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

busalover posted:

Someones just out here hating on the future of all cars for no reason. :colbert:

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

busalover posted:

this is somehow less and yet also more awful than I'd expect out of Fiat

what a strange dichotomy

I still find that, somehow, less gently caress-ugly than the PT Cruiser, if only because Italian automakers do not come in "sane". Same goes for French automakers. Some might be higher performance, some more luxury, some more daily driver, but all of them are utterly mad and will do something positively mental sooner or later.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Archonet posted:

Man, imagine being the kind of guy that drives a pickup truck like that, then getting your rear end beaten by the driver of a PT Cruiser.

That goes beyond ego check, that's God kicking you in the balls and screwing your wife in front of you.

Humphreys posted:

I know we are now picking on the idiot, but check that manlet with the big scary tough truck that he can barely see over the doors of.

Not that the guy didn't have an ego or whatever, but that's a work truck

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

busalover posted:

This is truly cursed.

Edit: IIRC, they had Michael Schumacher advertising that car.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Archonet posted:

There is no amount of practicality or visibility or cupholders or rear end warmers or hold-my-hand-i-cant-handle-driving-in-snow driving modes or really any other positive feature that will make you not look like you're sitting in a car with severe genetic defects.

I'm serious. The cars appearance is the vehicular equivalent of Sloth from The Goonies. It is offensive to the eyes, nay, even the soul.

Behold, the most cursed thing of all: a post-millenium car with wood paneling.

God help us all.

MOPAR: Many Odd Parts Arranged Randomly.

Past Transgressions (PT) Cruiser - Something you only receive when you've done evil.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

busalover posted:

A car that looks like a lovely AI-generated image, before lovely AI-generated images were a thing. We are a cursed species.

They look even worse up close.

In the vein of cursed cars, just rediscovered this in my archive of lovely old images:

Some ten years on it looks remarkably fake.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

When I was a field archaeologist I had a coworker who would do this in the field if we ever worked close enough to a grocery store that sold then. We'll be sitting in the woods or a field and he'll be deboning - hand to mouth. The vegetarians on the crew were disgusted to watch him eat and so were some of the non-vegetarians.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tarquinn posted:

Edit: IIRC, they had Michael Schumacher advertising that car.

And look where he's now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Liquid Chicken posted:

When I was a field archaeologist I had a coworker who would do this in the field if we ever worked close enough to a grocery store that sold then. We'll be sitting in the woods or a field and he'll be deboning - hand to mouth. The vegetarians on the crew were disgusted to watch him eat and so were some of the non-vegetarians.

Haven't you told this story before? I think it's funny but it'd be funnier if there were two (three) of them

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Every day at the dig I eat my favourite lunch of rotisserie chicken and these two creeps stare at me the whole time, it's awful. At this point I just tear into it with my hands so it's over faster .

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
EVERY AFTERNOON I OPEN PALM SLAP AN ENTIRE ROTISERIE CHICKEN INTO MY MOUTH.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

busalover posted:

I was briefly considering one of those as well, but went for the Cruiser as it's less hideously ugly.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

busalover posted:

I like it, I bet you get a really nice unobstructed view out most angles with the huge windows and low hood.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Milo and POTUS posted:

Haven't you told this story before? I think it's funny but it'd be funnier if there were two (three) of them

Maybe..forgive me if I did.....this is the same guy I posted a pic of who passed out with a jug of wing sauce. He had some "interesting" eating habits. He would regularly eat packets of dry instant oatmeal and cold cans of condensed Campbell's chicken noodle soup. The poster pic reminded me again of him. He was a strange bird. Once on a out of town project for a week I noticed by the end of the week he was getting on the "ripe" side. I asked if he was showering...something one doesn't think they have to ask a coworker. He said the water didn't work in his motel room. Granted it was a lovely old mom and pop motel in bumfuck rural New York, but I asked him why didn't he tell the motel owner? "I dunno" was his response. Same dude also once caught on fire by sitting too close to the fire pit on a crew party. He was a remorseless eating machine, personal hygiene very suspect, but loved Warcraft. A tale old as time.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Milo and POTUS posted:

There was the guy who would cook and eat rotisserie chickens at a grocery store all day long. Was that it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Liquid Chicken posted:

Maybe..forgive me if I did.....this is the same guy I posted a pic of who passed out with a jug of wing sauce. He had some "interesting" eating habits. He would regularly eat packets of dry instant oatmeal and cold cans of condensed Campbell's chicken noodle soup. The poster pic reminded me again of him. He was a strange bird. Once on a out of town project for a week I noticed by the end of the week he was getting on the "ripe" side. I asked if he was showering...something one doesn't think they have to ask a coworker. He said the water didn't work in his motel room. Granted it was a lovely old mom and pop motel in bumfuck rural New York, but I asked him why didn't he tell the motel owner? "I dunno" was his response. Same dude also once caught on fire by sitting too close to the fire pit on a crew party. He was a remorseless eating machine, personal hygiene very suspect, but loved Warcraft. A tale old as time.

Some people would just be happier if they were orcs

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Liquid Chicken posted:

I had co-worker who would eat a chicken in its entirety. He ground the bones with his teeth until they turned to mush. He said he had a poor upbringing, and that's how they always did it.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Pretty sure there was a follow up photo of him eating the chicken

fake edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzejwoZwgZ8

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Chicken posted:

This is like unironically the most entertaining thing in West Hollywood now. :hmmyes:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

busalover posted:

he was lucky the other guy didn't die when he hit the ground. read an article about this exact thing happening, road rage with fatal outcome, leading to a manslaughter charge and years in prison.

Obviously, the trick is for rear end in a top hat A to not have responded to rear end in a top hat B taunts, but here is rear end in a top hat ? On the ground

I suspect there may have been several (?) other opportunities for either one to de-escalate but I'm not a Road rage expert

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Liquid Chicken posted:

I worked with a guy who'd regularly eat an entire bbq chicken from the supermarket for breakfast. He was already a big islander guy to begin with, but he was also on an all-protein-all-the-time bulking diet. It was fascinating to watch him completely devastate those chickens.

One morning the entire company was locked out of the office due to a security system failure. When he turned up and saw everyone sitting in the car park, he pulled the door with such force that the entire front of the building shook. Chook strength.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Archonet posted:

this is somehow less and yet also more awful than I'd expect out of Fiat

what a strange dichotomy

I still find that, somehow, less gently caress-ugly than the PT Cruiser, if only because Italian automakers do not come in "sane". Same goes for French automakers. Some might be higher performance, some more luxury, some more daily driver, but all of them are utterly mad and will do something positively mental sooner or later.

last time I was in Paris I saw one of these (not my pic)

Citroen Ami

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Just so everyone understands, this was not a joke flyer. The guy actually did it

https://www.foodandwine.com/alexander-tominsky-40-rotisserie-chickens-40-days-6826346

It was a super Philadelphian thing to do

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Liquid Chicken posted:

He was a remorseless eating machine, personal hygiene very suspect, but loved Warcraft.

What do you mean, but loved Warcraft? Its implied

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Liquid Chicken posted:

Lol, I do / done that. More so when I was younger, but sometimes you need that condensed salty kick, or some dry rear end flakes and brown sugar. Great way to stave off hunger, or force something into your stomach due to lack of hunger from meds.

My hygiene is on point. I'm ambivalent about Warcraft.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 2, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

busalover posted:

Nissan cube is just as goofy. I had one as a rental once and it felt like driving in an aquarium terrarium.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Nancy posted:

I like it, I bet you get a really nice unobstructed view out most angles with the huge windows and low hood.

I've been in one and yes that's exactly how it feels, like being in a car that has a swollen bulbous top, halfway between a car and a van or minivan

and I never got why people called it ugly, weird maybe but not disgusting

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Somebody posted this image recently, Multipla can look pretty good in a paint job that suits its offbeat form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Archonet posted:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I still get occasional eBay mailers about 'rat rod cars' and never bothered to switch them off, and now I'm glad I didn't !!

RAT ROD VAN DIESEL PT CRUISER MAY SWAP FOR CHOP BOBBER PROJECT WHY,,,,, VERY LITTLE TO FINISH, REAL HEAD TURNER

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ps. if those are Manneken Pis windscreen washers I am ded.