Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Big news, they're adding XP and thread daily farm stages and tweaking Mirror Dungeon rewards! You'll get three and a bit rolls per week off Mirror Dungeon lunacy drops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Updated my support, add me if you need 000 Ryoshu or 000 Rodion, both upgraded! K050564105

Chapter 3 is kicking my rear end though since my main team is mostly slash/bleed.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Updated my support, add me if you need 000 Ryoshu or 000 Rodion, both upgraded! K050564105

Chapter 3 is kicking my rear end though since my main team is mostly slash/bleed.
Default Heathcliff is your friend.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I was stubborn and persisted through with my mostly slash, some bleed team through chapter 3. drat, that final stretch on the third floor of the dungeon and the boss was rough. The three waves of enemies earlier in the chapters was painful too.

Good game imo. Can't wait for more chapters.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

One thing I've noticed, at least for Gregor, is all his EGO attacks further mutate his arm specifically. I'm wondering if there's a similar "shared" theme for the other sinners EGO attacks.

EDIT: Speaking of, I wish there was a place to see said EGO attacks and their corrosion forms in game outside owning them.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 2, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Net changes to mirror dungeons after the updates are...

+25 battle pass xp over before (Two and a half entire levels. nuts!)
-1 egoshard crate if you get random (same number if you do the pick-a-sinner boxes)
+450 lunacy over before

overall it's a very good change, esp since it finally gives us a dripfeed of lunacy week to week, and at 1 pull every 3 weeks? That's heckin good too.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

TeeQueue posted:

Net changes to mirror dungeons after the updates are...

+25 battle pass xp over before (Two and a half entire levels. nuts!)
-1 egoshard crate if you get random (same number if you do the pick-a-sinner boxes)
+450 lunacy over before

overall it's a very good change, esp since it finally gives us a dripfeed of lunacy week to week, and at 1 pull every 3 weeks? That's heckin good too.

Also it trims down the runs from 5 to 3, so it takes less time every week to knock them out.

Lord_Magmar posted:

One thing I've noticed, at least for Gregor, is all his EGO attacks further mutate his arm specifically. I'm wondering if there's a similar "shared" theme for the other sinners EGO attacks.

Rodion's base EGO and Fourth Match Flame both involve her using some kind of axe.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

EDIT: Speaking of, I wish there was a place to see said EGO attacks and their corrosion forms in game outside owning them.

I can't see any common thread at all between Ishmael's Snagharpoon and Ardor Blossom Star.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

AweStriker posted:

I can't see any common thread at all between Ishmael's Snagharpoon and Ardor Blossom Star.

My only thought is drawing enemies in for an embrace is a shared theme with both, although that's a stretch at best.

I also can't really see much connection for Outis between To Pathos Manos and Ebony Stem. My best guess is a desire to return home thematically speaking, but in terms of actual physical manifestation I got nothing.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 2, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

BisbyWorl posted:

Also it trims down the runs from 5 to 3, so it takes less time every week to knock them out.

I was probably going to do 1/day anyways to be fair… but yeah.

Anyways Stream stopped like 3 fights away from the end of dungeon 3, I’m hearing? Next week I’ll be taking on the boss… I’ve heard it’s a toughie.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I was honestly not expecting new identities and EGO on a bi-weekly basis; I kind of regret turning so many shards into threads now. Only kind of, though.

anyway i used reindeer ishmael as a friend unit once because shes cute and mind whip got used twice. The first, with 10+ charge; rolled H-T-T-H, did middling damage.
the second with less than 10 charge. targeted my heathcliff. rolled H-H-H, didn't get to the fourth die because he exploded on the third.

right now burn seems to be great for group fights if you run ardor blossom star and liu meursault; both of them specialize in mass burn. I don't have any of my liu identities raised, though, nor do I have ADS, so I can't try it out myself.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really gotta unlock Mirror Dungeons, but the game basically heats up my phone to death and haven't linked to Steam yet.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I really gotta unlock Mirror Dungeons, but the game basically heats up my phone to death and haven't linked to Steam yet.

game plays leagues smoother on pc, i'd recommend doing that asap

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

DuoRogue posted:

game plays leagues smoother on pc, i'd recommend doing that asap

Biggest thing is I prefer mobile for this kind of game since I can't really use my PC when working (I use my monitor as a second screen since the laptop's too small) and also my insecurity on my account despite having almost all 00s bar one and several 000, cause no EGO.

...also, just to know, while the game probably gets linked to your steam account or smth it does not show your username in-game, right?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Biggest thing is I prefer mobile for this kind of game since I can't really use my PC when working (I use my monitor as a second screen since the laptop's too small) and also my insecurity on my account despite having almost all 00s bar one and several 000, cause no EGO.

...also, just to know, while the game probably gets linked to your steam account or smth it does not show your username in-game, right?

I don't believe it shows your username anywhere, given that there aren't account names in the first place

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
saw a suggestion that Outis is ex-Udjat. They did participate in the Smoke war and they do tend to simp hard for their leaders...

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Outis reminds me pleasantly of Fenrich from Disgaea 4: being so much of an rear end-kisser that they even make their boss's mistakes and weaknesses into strength.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Oh also for the inquisitors in chapter 3, be really careful when reading their skills. They introduce coin flips that go negative on heads, which means they're actually HARDER to defeat as you get closer to cracking the skill.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 2, 2023

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

Oh also for the inquisitors in chapter 3, be really careful when reading their skills. They introduce coin flips that go negative on heads, which means they're actually HARDER to defeat as you get closer to cracking the skill.

The Tieqiu gang in Chapter 2 has a skill like that, but it’s a 1-coin skill so it’s hard to notice unless you’re looking for it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

AweStriker posted:

The Tieqiu gang in Chapter 2 has a skill like that, but it’s a 1-coin skill so it’s hard to notice unless you’re looking for it.

Yeah, the Inquisitors have stuff like -3s going on, when I realised it I worked out why I was losing clashes a bunch in that chapter.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
What exactly do you get for matching colors? I might bother with team building if I knew what 2 or 3 matches actually mean in numbers.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Passives have certain # of colors you need to activate them.

It also boosts your damage but I'm not sure on the exact numbers there.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You get a small damage bonus that you can just ignore. It's pretty much always better to go for clashes or higher-damage skills instead of resonance just for damage's sake
More importantly, it can activate passives from your partymembers or support skills from the identities who aren't in your party.

For example, Liu Section 6 Gregor has these two skills:

The first only works when he's in the party, and triggers whenever your party activate 2 or more yellow skills in a turn (they don't have to be adjacent in the chain).
The second, the support skill, activates when he's your selected Gregor identity but not in your party. This one takes 3 yellow.
This is why the party select screen lets you pick IDs for all 12 characters and not just for the 5 you're bringing into a level.

Support skills are only unlocked at uptie 3, so if you have 00 or 000 units who you haven't uptied and who you aren't using in your party it's best to swap them out for the free 0 units to get more support skills going.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Wow, a max untied Kurokumo Hong Lu can get *nasty* in the mirror dungeons with the right gifts. Outperformed my maxed G Corp Gregor and Outis with Ebony Queen's Apple.

Speaking of, friend code is G294907386. Got G Corp Gregor, Kurokumo Hong Lu, and base Rodion, Ishmael, and uptie 2 Meursault with their HE EGOs.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Shoutout to whoever has the max uptie mid-20s LCCB Ishmael in their list: I have her myself at a lower level, but didn't have room to bring my own copy in the team I was building since it required a lot of the original Tier 1 LCB Sinners. That extra unit made life MUCH easier for 3-17.

Also does anybody know for sure how Ammo works here? I noticed the number might have gone up or started at different values, because at the start of Wave 2 she had 11 Ammo, where I could have sworn R Corp Heathcliff only started with 9 or 10 the times I used him. :?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Ammo doesn't refill between waves, but you only spend ammo for coins that actually hit the enemy. So if you have a 4-coin attack but get the first 3 coins destroyed in a clash, or kill an enemy with the first hit, you'll only spend 1 ammo instead of 4.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah I've used Rabbit Heathcliff via friends and ammo-using coins are still used in clashes for the sake of winning them-it's just that when the attack goes through, you get a little animation of Heathcliff pulling the trigger and getting just a click noise until he gets to the parts of his skills where he uses his knife.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

Yeah I've used Rabbit Heathcliff via friends and ammo-using coins are still used in clashes for the sake of winning them-it's just that when the attack goes through, you get a little animation of Heathcliff pulling the trigger and getting just a click noise until he gets to the parts of his skills where he uses his knife.

Yeah, I've experienced that as well, I'm just wondering how / why she had 11 ammo when I could have sworn they usually started fights with less than that.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Dropping my friend code as well, I have a lvl 30 uptied 000 Ismael, who does work on chapter 3, and a couple other tiered up 000.

Code is Y089957275

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
edit: nevermind, mixed up identities

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Ariamaki posted:

Shoutout to whoever has the max uptie mid-20s LCCB Ishmael in their list: I have her myself at a lower level, but didn't have room to bring my own copy in the team I was building since it required a lot of the original Tier 1 LCB Sinners. That extra unit made life MUCH easier for 3-17.

Also does anybody know for sure how Ammo works here? I noticed the number might have gone up or started at different values, because at the start of Wave 2 she had 11 Ammo, where I could have sworn R Corp Heathcliff only started with 9 or 10 the times I used him. :?

that's me! your max uptie 30 Reindeer Ishmael helped me a bunch for 3-17 lmao

Ishmael starts with 13 ammo and uses way less because she's the director's perfect precious angel, actually

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Finished chapter 3. Great dungeon! There was way more going on with the events than the prior two, and the final boss was tricky without being TOO rude. And I appreciate that the ending is willing to kill her off and move on, after the first two chapters didn't do that with their antagonists. I particularly liked the dungeon mechanic of "get three pieces of this mark through quests before the boss to buff Sinclair for the big fight" (with there were seemingly four opportunities to get the three pieces); I hope that sort of mechanic is present in future dungeons too. Also had an interesting story detail related to that mark: Demian had the full mark on his head when he showed up at the end, and between that and the mention that Damian never talked to Sinclair when Kromer was around (though they instead put it that Kromer seemed to stay away when Sinclair was talking to Demian), I'm half-expecting it to be a Fight Club situation, where he's supposed to be Sinclair's ideal self or something. Him half-vaporizing Kromer with a wave of his arm feels like evidence for that. Though presumably it happened way before the Days and Nights spilled the Light all over the city, so I'm not sure what could cause it if EGO didn't. Abnormalities, I guess!

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

MetaMeme posted:

that's me! your max uptie 30 Reindeer Ishmael helped me a bunch for 3-17 lmao

Ishmael starts with 13 ammo and uses way less because she's the director's perfect precious angel, actually

Fair, valid, and glad to be of service! Ishmael Swap is here to provide all of your fiery-maned no-nonsense mace-n-brace needs: Ishmael Swap, for when you just need Ahab's head on a platter.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Never seriously played gachas before, what is the optimal pulling/spending strategy here?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Never seriously played gachas before, what is the optimal pulling/spending strategy here?
First, load up the game on your phone with a guest account so you can reroll over and over until you get one or two characters that you want. Rerolling works like this: Do the tutorial as normal then your starter rolls (on the bottom half-price banner) + the ones with the stuff you get in your inbox, if you don't like what you get open up settings > account then click close account at the bottom (it'll ask you to input LimbusCompany in a text box for confirmation). Then you load up a new account, skip the tutorial and start rolling immediately. Do that over and over until you're satisfied with what you get. Then you bind your account to your Steam account by futzing around with the jank-rear end merge codes that may or may not require a few attempts to get wroking.

The best ones as far as I can tell are either of Ryoshu's, either of Hong Lu's, W Corp Don, L Corp Faust, Kurokumo Rodion and G Corp Gregor. The free Yi Sang identity you get from the prereg campaign isn't the best, but it's better than nothing. Note that Heathcliff identities are less useful than those of other characters, not just because they're bad but because base Heathcliff is frankly incredible.

After that you either roll as you get stuff, or save up for a banner you're interested in I guess. Don't convert shards into thread, we're going to get a dedicated thread farm stage in a week or two.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 3, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
e:nvm

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Einander posted:

Finished chapter 3. Great dungeon! There was way more going on with the events than the prior two, and the final boss was tricky without being TOO rude. And I appreciate that the ending is willing to kill her off and move on, after the first two chapters didn't do that with their antagonists. I particularly liked the dungeon mechanic of "get three pieces of this mark through quests before the boss to buff Sinclair for the big fight" (with there were seemingly four opportunities to get the three pieces); I hope that sort of mechanic is present in future dungeons too. Also had an interesting story detail related to that mark: Demian had the full mark on his head when he showed up at the end, and between that and the mention that Damian never talked to Sinclair when Kromer was around (though they instead put it that Kromer seemed to stay away when Sinclair was talking to Demian), I'm half-expecting it to be a Fight Club situation, where he's supposed to be Sinclair's ideal self or something. Him half-vaporizing Kromer with a wave of his arm feels like evidence for that. Though presumably it happened way before the Days and Nights spilled the Light all over the city, so I'm not sure what could cause it if EGO didn't. Abnormalities, I guess!

Story spoilers related to your own Did you notice that the buff the marks give him is called Courage to Triumph Fear? Sure reminds me of Lobotomy Corp and Library of Ruina there.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

GilliamYaeger posted:

First, load up the game on your phone with a guest account so you can reroll over and over until you get one or two characters that you want. Rerolling works like this: Do the tutorial as normal then your starter rolls (on the bottom half-price banner) + the ones with the stuff you get in your inbox, if you don't like what you get open up settings > account then click close account at the bottom (it'll ask you to input LimbusCompany in a text box for confirmation). Then you load up a new account, skip the tutorial and start rolling immediately. Do that over and over until you're satisfied with what you get. Then you bind your account to your Steam account by futzing around with the jank-rear end merge codes that may or may not require a few attempts to get wroking.

This is optimal if you are affected by FOMO and want to avoid it in the future. However, if you do not get those regrets, gently caress any of this tedious busywork of rerolling, just start playing. This both allows you to start accumulating resources and you can formulate your own opinion on what feels good and doesn't.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

booksnake posted:

This is optimal if you are affected by FOMO and want to avoid it in the future. However, if you do not get those regrets, gently caress any of this tedious busywork of rerolling, just start playing. This both allows you to start accumulating resources and you can formulate your own opinion on what feels good and doesn't.
Or you could just spend fifteen minutes doing a couple of rerolls (each of which takes about a minute most of which is spent doing the actual rolls) until you have a start you're happy with and set yourself up with a solid base to build on for the future. Since we're still extremely early in the game's life cycle this is by far the most "optimal" rolling strat available - we don't have a baseline for how future stuff will look yet, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

GilliamYaeger posted:

Or you could just spend fifteen minutes doing a couple of rerolls (each of which takes about a minute most of which is spent doing the actual rolls) until you have a start you're happy with and set yourself up with a solid base to build on for the future. Since we're still extremely early in the game's life cycle this is by far the most "optimal" rolling strat available - we don't have a baseline for how future stuff will look yet, after all.

I will turn this back around and say that /because/ we are still early in the game's life cycle, it is more interesting to start exploring immediately. If you actually hate what you have having spent some time with it, then it makes sense to reroll and start over. Different strokes, whatever