Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I forget, when was this supposed to come out? Summer or Spring? We are looking at mid sept if it is summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I forget, when was this supposed to come out? Summer or Spring? We are looking at mid sept if it is summer.
The Xbox youtube channel posted the gamepass day one reveal of Silksong on June 12 last year, and I think it was right around then that they also listed it as one of the "titles coming out within a year" or something

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

spaceblancmange posted:

7 new posts, that can only mean one thing!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skrill.exe posted:

Heard this got canceled and they put all the source code one on hard drive and flushed it down an Australian toilet. Can anyone confirm?

i'm a TC discord insider and i can confrm this

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

7 new posts, that can only mean one thing!

When the release date actually gets announced, there will be a hell of a lot more than 7 new posts here, I’m sure.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Harriet Carker posted:

When the release date actually gets announced, there will be a hell of a lot more than 7 new posts here, I’m sure.

Upwards of eight, I reckon

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The release date will be announced soon. Please wait warmly.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Silksong is going to release on the 12th of June, 2023, at 11:59:59PM in whatever timezone Hawaii is in.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Bleck posted:

Silksong is going to release on the 12th of June, 2023, at 11:59:59PM in whatever timezone Hawaii is in.

Nuh uh

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Silksong was released yesterday, but sadly they had to delist it. Sources are saying it’ll probably never go back up, and nobody is willing to pirate it out of respect.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bleck posted:

THat's right

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I don’t respect anyone so i was the only one who pirated Silksong but i can’t figure out how to seed this tracker I’m sorry

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm playing it right now, ADEENNOOO

HAGAAAALEE

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Saw seven posts and came running back to the thread. What did I miss?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SkeletonHero posted:

Bapanada

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SkeletonHero posted:

Silksong has been released. I am playing it now and get this: its epic.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There is an upcoming Nintendo Direct on March 9th. Sure it’s solely focused on the new Mario movie but they could slip in a new trailer and release date for Silksong.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They will release silksong, and the switch pro. I've heard this from a certain Imp Zone-banned user.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

There is an upcoming Nintendo Direct on March 9th. Sure it’s solely focused on the new Mario movie but they could slip in a new trailer and release date for Silksong.

That's ridiculous. They're going to drop a new trailer and date for the Silksong movie that's coming out this summer.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm playing HAAK and it's scratching the itch for now

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ghost song was nice and mournful, even though the gameplay is about as different as a metroidvania can get from hollow knight

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

RC Cola posted:

I'm playing HAAK and it's scratching the itch for now

HAAK is the noise my insectsona makes when you talk to him in Dirtmouth :)

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Bogart posted:

HAAK is the noise my insectsona makes when you talk to him in Dirtmouth :)

I cannot be the only poster in this thread to have sighed and said "Bapanada" out loud at a phone call / email.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
My uncle works at team cherry and he said bapanada

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So like, when the day finally comes and the game is here, how are you going to play it the first time through? Careful, meticulous, hitting every wall and trying to find the secrets &/or minor sequence breaks, farm for money to max-buy out all the shops in an area before moving on, making careful notes of all the "come back later" routes you pass? Or wild and reckless, forging ahead into constant new territory, getting lost, throwing yourself into potential bossfights or points of no return with no regard for any nooks, crannies or unexplored other directions you might have gone past, content in the knowledge that you can come back for another pass to mop all that stuff up later?

I haven't decided yet.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I fall in the deepnest hole accidentally. again

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cactus posted:

So like, when the day finally comes and the game is here, how are you going to play it the first time through? Careful, meticulous, hitting every wall and trying to find the secrets &/or minor sequence breaks, farm for money to max-buy out all the shops in an area before moving on, making careful notes of all the "come back later" routes you pass? Or wild and reckless, forging ahead into constant new territory, getting lost, throwing yourself into potential bossfights or points of no return with no regard for any nooks, crannies or unexplored other directions you might have gone past, content in the knowledge that you can come back for another pass to mop all that stuff up later?

I haven't decided yet.

One hand on the controller. The other down my pants.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ristolaz posted:

I fall in the deepnest hole accidentally. again

You joke, but I did that, and Jesus Christ

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Love the deepnest

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I’m going to die after missing an obvious exit to a save room and lose a ton of money and then die before getting back to my ghost and lose about ten minutes worth of progress total and then go on a podcast to complain about how the game just doesn’t respect a player’s time and then put the game down for three years before revisiting it and find out that I actually love it and complain on our game of the year episode about how nobody respected Silksong in the 2026 GOTY deliberations when the game came out originally

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Deepnest absolutely rules in how much the zone is designed to feel oppressive and unwelcoming.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

gonna play it like elden ring: get way too drunk the first day, dive absurdly far into an area that I should be avoiding, and get some cool item as a result. in elden ring it was siofra river, and I killed the great jar knights day 1

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Waltzing Along posted:

One hand on the controller. The other down my pants.

Gotta keep that extra hand warm during the cold day in hell you'll be playing this game on what a shitshoe

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The way I did the first game.

In one hour segments on a Sunday with my increasingly exasperated best friend trying to get me to understand the lore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cactus posted:

So like, when the day finally comes and the game is here,.

yikes

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So I'm confused, I've been playing Silksong and I don't know why, but it's a gacha now?

I did get a 5* Hornet tho, and whaled to get her to +10 - but now I don't have any money to buy charms.

What are you guys doing to get charms??

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Deepnest absolutely rules in how much the zone is designed to feel oppressive and unwelcoming.

Oh I am not dissing on the Deepnest, I'm just saying it is horrifying

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

tithin posted:

So I'm confused, I've been playing Silksong and I don't know why, but it's a gacha now?

I did get a 5* Hornet tho, and whaled to get her to +10 - but now I don't have any money to buy charms.

Paying more money, obvs. Silksong is not for poors.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

tithin posted:

bro, just invest all your geo at the Ponzi Beetle. guaranteed returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nikumatic posted:

I’m going to die after missing an obvious exit to a save room and lose a ton of money and then die before getting back to my ghost and lose about ten minutes worth of progress total and then go on a podcast to complain about how the game just doesn’t respect a player’s time and then put the game down for three years before revisiting it and find out that I actually love it and complain on our game of the year episode about how nobody respected Silksong in the 2026 GOTY deliberations when the game came out originally

Lol what's this referring to?