Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I dont eat breakfast but I have been making overnight oats for my wife. Half cup of whatever milk, half cup of rolled oats, a heaping teaspoon of chia seeds, and then something to sweeten it like honey or maple syrup. Sometimes I use nutella. If she plans on having a light lunch I put in a couple spoons of almond butter. Sprinkle some cacao nibs or fruit before eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
A banana and a cup of black coffee is both my breakfast and my pre workout. For decades.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

Was the whole thing we were told as kids about breakfast being the most important meal of the day just more propaganda from Big Grains? Breakfast is bullshit, it's only the most important meal of the day if you want to be a big ol' fat rear end.

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Full English or Bust

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

C-Euro posted:

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper.

Until very recently I always read this saying as a warning to save your money and not waste it early in life.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

General Dog posted:

I’ve found what works for me in terms of weight loss is to just drink coffee and be hungry until lunch time, but I suppose the most important thing is to limit yourself to two reasonably sized meals for the day regardless of timing. When I take that third meal and any snacking out, it makes <2000 daily calories pretty doable.

Pretty much how I do things now. Coffee for breakfast, largest meal is lunch around noon, small snack-like dinner.

Speaking of lunch:

Ginger tofu from a Thai restaurant near the place I had my TSA Pre✅ appointment

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My dad’s a big breakfast/no lunch guy, I do no breakfast/big lunch unless I’ve got a morning workout in which case I need fuel, just a personality thing I guess :shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Pretty much how I do things now. Coffee for breakfast, largest meal is lunch around noon, small snack-like dinner.

Speaking of lunch:

Ginger tofu from a Thai restaurant near the place I had my TSA Pre✅ appointment

I made some good tofu that I threw into ramen this week. Thinking about making some General Tso's next!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Cottage cheese with Tapatio, 2 boiled eggs with Lawrys, a string cheese and a Diet Pepsi

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

Until very recently I always read this saying as a warning to save your money and not waste it early in life.

You know, it might be. But for me personally I function a lot better when I get a decent meal at the start of my day, and could probably afford to eat a little less after sundown.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Breakfast for me is utterly random and depends on what I had to eat last night. If I snacked kinda late, like say on a Sunday or Thursday night, no breakfast except for coffee the next morning. Still have to cook for the kiddo though and she's sometimes too distracted at school to finish her food, so I like to make her a good breakfast.

We're always gonna have a big breakfast Sunday morning though.

And yeah eggs and potatoes I'd a top tier breakfast. My go-tos are 2 eggs scrambled with toast, or a bagel with salmon cream cheese and dill. And capers if we have any.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah I usually have coffee and maaybeee a small snack for breakfast during the week, but Saturday or Sunday or both are prime for making a kick rear end breakfast

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You need a big hearty breakfast if you do hard labor starting at 8 am, lots of cultures still have that as their traditional breakfast harkening back to an agricultural/pastoral labor focused lifestyle, and then we all started to get desk jobs and we wind up fat and sleepy all day.

When I was a young'un and working preload shift at UPS, which started at 4am, I'd eat a heavy breakfast at 2:30 or so and then a second breakfast after work at 8AM before going to my 2nd job or school. Then a normal solid lunch at noon and then a light to medium dinner at like 5pm before going to sleep. I needed the 4 meals a day because I was underweight and burning a huge amount of calories working my rear end off for 4 to 5 hours every morning. Previously and after, I've always preferred a light breakfast with little sugar, like just a banana and a yogurt maybe, or a croissant. Nowadays the sugar doesn't upset my stomach like it used to and I sometimes eat something sweeter like a storebought scone along with my coffee, but I still like to just have some oatmeal with dried cranberries or something in it for sweetness, or maybe a banana and a yogurt. I still can't really eat like a donut or two for breakfast, too sweet, churns the stomach.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 2, 2023

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Leperflesh posted:

You need a big hearty breakfast if you do hard labor starting at 8 am

Yeah, I make sure to have something on work days. Usually not anything huge, just some oatmeal or a granola bar + coffee or little Kickstart. On weekends when I get up later and then usually gently caress around until 11 or so anyway, I don't usually have anything other than liquid breakfast (the aforementioned coffee or Kickstart, not booze or a smoothie).

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 2, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm pretty much a coffee, occasional food breakfast and no lunch but sometimes a snack person. I do tend to eat a fairly large dinner though.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I've gone back to nothing but two hard boiled eggs and sugar-free fiber drink for breakfast. Holds me over fine til lunch. Fits in the current scheme of taking in as few carbs as possible without going into ketosis.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just eat 5 small meals throughout the day so my breakfast is usually just more of whatever I made for dinner. Had a little pork loin, carrots and rice this morning.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm pretty good with poached eggs on an english muffin if I get up early enough to actually make breakfast and not just shove some cereal or microwaved stuff down my throat before I have to rush off.

Not fancy enough for eggs benedict but that core part works pretty well on its own for me.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
We talkin about children's movies that are hosed up and etched in our nightmare circuits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6hgGfcvG4

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Freaquency posted:

Full English or Bust

I'm so glad that there's a pub within walking distance that does a good full English nearby.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

General Dog posted:

I’ve found what works for me in terms of weight loss is to just drink coffee and be hungry until lunch time, but I suppose the most important thing is to limit yourself to two reasonably sized meals for the day regardless of timing. When I take that third meal and any snacking out, it makes <2000 daily calories pretty doable.

Most adults need more than 2000 calories a day, especially if you workout regularly. Eating 2 meals a day is not "the most important thing", fueling your body is the most important. Most registered dieticians will tell you that front loading your day with a mixture of carbs, protein, and fat keep you full and nourished and tend to help you lose weight. If you're underfueling your body by being hungry and eating 2 small meals and drinking coffee, you might be losing weight but some of that weight you're losing is muscle mass. Plus, you're killing your metabolism so when you ultimately plateau, you'll stop losing weight and then start underfueling even more to start losing weight again and that's pretty disordered. I should know, I've spent my entire adult life doing just that and now my body is pretty hosed.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Protein breakfast, snack on sardines, couple chicken breasts for lunch, get super high at night and invent something like a Mama Celeste pizza INSIDE a quesadilla or a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Cinnamon Toast Crunch inside. Easy peasy

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ehud posted:

I made some good tofu that I threw into ramen this week. Thinking about making some General Tso's next!

Are you still doing vegan?

I am proud of you.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Get this

You can just eat when you’re hungry. It’s your body’s built-in low fuel light!*

Not the same as eating when bored, horny, drunk, stoned, etc etc

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I need to eat more sardines......

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Costco, Sardine and TFF threads converge

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Are you still doing vegan?

I am proud of you.

Not vegan, but vegetarian for…4 years now? I still occasionally eat some stuff made with eggs and dairy, but I’m slowly removing more and more from my diet as I can.

Thanks, buddy!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

Get this

Not the same as eating when bored, horny, drunk, stoned, etc etc

???

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ehud posted:

Not vegan, but vegetarian for…4 years now? I still occasionally eat some stuff made with eggs and dairy, but I’m slowly removing more and more from my diet as I can.

Thanks, buddy!

Your iron will is as swole as your compassionate heart and rippling muscles :)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Freaquency posted:

Get this

Yeah low fuel needs to be dealt with, but I drive around with my check engine light on for months.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah low fuel needs to be dealt with, but I drive around with my check engine light on for months.

this is life

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

this is also life

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a sexual elk posted:

no thats too many sardines

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I had leftover szechuan chicken for breakfast today and I apologize for nothing

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Has there been a better tv series to movie adaptation than The Fugitive (Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones)?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mission: Impossible

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

yeah M:I was good too. I like the tv series more there though, so I think less of the adaptation. in the TV series they’re always being clever and nonviolent. the movie is mostly a series of action shots

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

drat, Murdaugh jury took less than 3hrs to hand down guilty verdict. Rest in piss.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheCradleMedia/status/1631359111500554255

who's ready for the coming military operation to bring freedom to the citizens of Iran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/TheCradleMedia/status/1631359111500554255

who's ready for the coming military operation to bring freedom to the citizens of Iran

I think China might have something to say about that.