Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Monkey Fracas posted:

If you're thinking of watching Picard don't do it

Watch one of the many bad 90s sci-fi shows free from your good friends at Tubi instead and I can almost guarantee you'll have a better time

Babylon 5 is on Tubi, if you haven't seen it, you should. It's actually good, and guaranteed better than Picard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it could be the worst thing ever produced

finally

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it could be the worst thing ever produced

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The lore in that game is pretty decent for their homegrown characters, I cant imagine they'll be including the licenses.

There's enough there for a horror movie to work. Ofc they'll probably gently caress it up.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

sweet geek swag posted:

Babylon 5 is on Tubi, if you haven't seen it, you should. It's actually good, and guaranteed better than Picard.

Yeah I just never got to Babylon 5 somehow

Will definitely watch after I tire of Farscape's fancy alien puppet antics and its whitebread POV character

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Between this and Picard's conclusion, we'll see what new series will replace them or if they'll reduce the number of trek shows they're producing altogether.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1631417084268924928

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
what the gently caress, there are 5 seasons of that garbage?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

unironically amazing

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Lister posted:

Between this and Picard's conclusion, we'll see what new series will replace them or if they'll reduce the number of trek shows they're producing altogether.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1631417084268924928

Holy poo poo is that really the uniforms they went with?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Been awhile since I've heard any news of STD, I assumed it ended.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

STDs are forever

Gutcruncher posted:

Holy poo poo is that really the uniforms they went with?

Don't make fun of them for shopping at TJ Maxx, that's classist

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 3, 2023

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So Mike and Rich never watched the hobo uniform STD?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
in the future one side of your suit jacket will be longer than the other FOR ABOSLUTELY NO REASON

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in the future one side of your suit jacket will be longer than the other FOR ABOSLUTELY NO REASON

They're all just hungover and had to get dressed in a hurry.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Space Kablooey posted:

unironically amazing
Thread needs a larger version to appreciate the details, like the border of orcs.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rebel Blob posted:

Thread needs a larger version to appreciate the details, like the border of orcs.

:zenpop:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah I just never got to Babylon 5 somehow

Will definitely watch after I tire of Farscape's fancy alien puppet antics and its whitebread POV character

Just be aware that there are some real clunkers in the first two seasons, but they're worth watching because it is all actually building to something.
And it was never meant to be seen in HD, so the low, low budget really shows.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rebel Blob posted:

Mike in a Wizard costume leading Jay over th hill while Rich sits and looks at them

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rebel Blob posted:

Gandalf Pimp Chain hell ya

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
some columbo episodes got theatrical releases in italy and I want the posters

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I missed the Orlando Bloom chat but remember when he was nude paddleboarding and paparazzi got a pic.

Apparently quite the hog.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

He is the worst part of the Lord of the rings movies and that's saying something

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rebel Blob posted:

oh yeah that's the stuff

hang it right next to the Van Wizard Gandalf

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My brother rocked this poster 20 years ago too.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Wendigee posted:

He is the worst part of the Lord of the rings movies and that's saying something

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol god that sucks

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Whenever I see that clip I always wonder what was going through Peter Jackson's head when he watched it on screen for the first time. He clearly cared a lot about the Lord of the Rings trilogy but by the third film of the Hobbit series that he didn't even want to make in the first place was he just laughing at his own work? Did he care at all?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

NorgLyle posted:

Whenever I see that clip I always wonder what was going through Peter Jackson's head when he watched it on screen for the first time. He clearly cared a lot about the Lord of the Rings trilogy but by the third film of the Hobbit series that he didn't even want to make in the first place was he just laughing at his own work? Did he care at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHt481HsFU

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Wendigee posted:

He sucks for sure, but Andy serkis is by far the worst. And every movie he does since then retroactively makes that performance more and more insufferable.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

DebonaireD posted:

He sucks for sure, but Andy serkis is by far the worst. And every movie he does since then retroactively makes that performance more and more insufferable.
how dare you?
in this thread we feel completely neutral about andy serkis, as god intended

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
https://www.nme.com/news/film/ant-man-the-wasp-quantumania-writer-negative-reviews-3406194

some loser posted:

“To be honest, those reviews took me by surprise,” Loveness said, “I was in a pretty low spot… Those were not good reviews, and I was like, ‘What the… ?'”. He added: “I’m really proud of what I wrote for Jonathan [Majors] and Michelle Pfeiffer (Janet Pym). I thought that was good stuff, you know? And so I was just despondent, and I was really sad about it.”

Good, I hope everyone involved feels terrible

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rebel Blob posted:

hell yea

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cubone posted:

how dare you?

That serkis fella BELONGS in a circus, with all that monkeying around

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cubone posted:

how dare you?

Yeah, just don't read his substack :cripes:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rebel Blob posted:

Wondering if it's tucked in a closet at my moms house. I have a Goonies theatrical release poster there somewhere because my grandmother worked at a movie theater when I was a kid.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Beastie posted:

My brother rocked this poster 20 years ago too.

Your brother owns imo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Jesus christ, everyone go watch "Unwelcome". It's this years Malignant. It's so weird and hosed up and irish.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Jesus christ, everyone go watch "Unwelcome". It's this years Malignant. It's so weird and hosed up and irish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQCAgCKQ5WY

okay I've never seen a movie about redcaps before

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

so weird and hosed up and irish.

But enough about QoP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Wendigee posted:

the Lord of the rings is good actually. Or are you just using that phrase incorrectly