Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

I have burly teen bodybuilder son helping me with the heavy stuff but thank you for the concern

ah right i forgot about The Muscled Son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Enderzero posted:

Jesus Christ, that’s 1 every 12 minutes and it takes about 7 to smoke it. that’s a level beyond chainsmoking. like, people in the 30s would be like whoa hey let’s just take a sec here

i had a coworker who smoked like that. i remember one day he brought 2 packs and was already through them and bumming them off people by lunch time lol

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

i used to have a pepsi chair earned with Pepsi PointsTM

My parents also had a lot of marlboro gear, like coolers and a jacket. the 80s and 90s were a wild time

dad drove a garbage truck and would bring home any clean pepsi and marlboro packaging they picked up outside convenience and tobacco stores for my sister and i to cut out.

i had a pepsi mountain bike, marlboro boom box and tent, several pepsi camp chairs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

oh poo poo i totally had a marlboro tent too i forgot all about that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
got a mixtape from south korea in today

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

oh poo poo i totally had a marlboro tent too i forgot all about that

green dome tent with a grey bottom?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thats a funny looking cd, jonny

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

cool

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

nudgenudgetilt posted:

green dome tent with a grey bottom?

hell yeah

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

Hope u got a sick boombox to blare it thru

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

thats a funny looking cd, jonny

i actually do need to pick up some CDs now that i got a player

like 12 at the thrift. 90s dad material

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

i actually do need to pick up some CDs now that i got a player

like 12 at the thrift. 90s dad material

i had a 5 disc changer one of these that i picked up at a yard sale while iw as in high school, and i plugged it into a power inverter and put it on my dashboard and ran a small amp with some speakers thrown around in the car too. it was fun

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

would have been a lot less fun if i had crashed that car and all that crap slammed into my face though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Video Nasty posted:

Hope u got a sick boombox to blare it thru

the tape/analog fm setup is my bedroom stereo (that i can route through the main speakers). yamaha a-700, one of their higher end amps from around '83. can do Class A mode if you think you can hear the difference + want to heat the whole house

fart simpson posted:

i had a 5 disc changer one of these that i picked up at a yard sale while iw as in high school, and i plugged it into a power inverter and put it on my dashboard and ran a small amp with some speakers thrown around in the car too. it was fun

lmao that rules

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

re: smoking a lot

an old friend told me about his dad’s smoking habit. he would get in the truck already smoking a rolled cigarette and while he was driving he would start to roll the next one with his hands at the top of the steering wheel.

my mom would talk about going for dinner with my grandma and she would have to have a smoke in the middle of her meal. like “oh salad’s done, time for a smoke”. right there at the table of course.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol i handrolled for a few years and yeah i could twist one up while driving np

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
was perusing the new cassettes on bandcamp and came across this track and thought "its hbag lol"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
oi piss off bruv microvibing innit

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

was perusing the new cassettes on bandcamp and came across this track and thought "its hbag lol"

all of chef gordon ramsay's kitchen nightmare microwave rants but they're about microvibing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

chef microvibe

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Using the micro-vib-ee

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

Using the micro-vib-ee

micro-vib-ay

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe posted:

chef microvibe
*brule voice* dj michaelvibe

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my signature microvibes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

I have burly teen bodybuilder son helping me with the heavy stuff but thank you for the concern

a yosposter in the making

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

lol i handrolled for a few years and yeah i could twist one up while driving np

drat i miss drum sometimes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

microvibe's mom

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Cat Face Joe posted:

microvibe's mom

now thats a vibe i can chill with

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

President Beep posted:

drat i miss drum sometimes

it's really crazy how this pretty much never goes away

i mean, it's certainly manageable and ignorable, but i completely quit smoking in 2019 after tapering down to almost nothing over that entire year and i still really miss it sometimes

i can't think of anything else like that. i like opiates a lot too (who doesn't) but i don't really have any cravings for them

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Beeftweeter posted:

i can't think of anything else like that. i like opiates a lot too (who doesn't) but i don't really have any cravings for them

Me, I'm immune.

Figured that one out a day or so after getting a chunk of spine removed.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i miss bowling. i think I’m gonna see if i can fill a spot on a team this fall. thst’d give me time to practice.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Beeftweeter posted:

it's really crazy how this pretty much never goes away

i mean, it's certainly manageable and ignorable, but i completely quit smoking in 2019 after tapering down to almost nothing over that entire year and i still really miss it sometimes

i don't have cravings for them, but if i could buy opiates as easily as i can booze or cigarettes, i'd be dead quite soon

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

i miss bowling. i think I’m gonna see if i can fill a spot on a team this fall. thst’d give me time to practice.

based on your posting, you're quite adept at landing the turkeys

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
That's right, I'm so joyless I'll go "no thanks" to free, legal fentanyl while I'm in pain and I know it's safe.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

based on your posting, you're quite adept at landing the turkeys

:hmmyes:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

microvibe's mom

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

microvibe's mom

so hot she burned my tongue

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

endlessmonotony posted:

Me, I'm immune.

me too!

when I got my tonsils out as an adult I got prescribed some powerful poo poo that I had to go to a special pharmacy to get, and my takeaway was disbelief that anyone could get hooked on this cough medicine that seemed to do gently caress all

years later I got a pharmacogenomic screening and it turns out I have some gene that makes opiates move glacially slowly through my body so they don't ever feel like anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

so hot she burned my tongue

got burned on a real hot pocket