Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I also think they should just remove pvp from this game because it's not very fun and seems impossible to balance around while keeping pve players happy. There's a billion better pvp games but zero better pve live service fps games so stick with what you're good at, you know

I have a handful of friends who like pvp but even they only play trials at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Forsaken was wild because you finished the quests and then out of nowhere got a bonus patrol zone with a poo poo ton of secrets and stuff to do

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Forsaken was wild because you finished the quests and then out of nowhere got a bonus patrol zone with a poo poo ton of secrets and stuff to do

easier when you are owned by a publisher who puts at least two support studios on the game

maybe Sony will throw someone at final shape but they're not really a support studio kind of company like activision or Ubisoft

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

510rems posted:

just finished campaign thoughts: its like beyond light with a way more fun campaign (barring headlong).

my overall ranking is:

1. witch queen
2. forsaken
?. lightfall
?. beyond light
5. shadowkeep
6. destiny 2

lightfall could definitely takes a solid third over beyond light if the post campaign story stuff is at least cool. if the raid and post raid stuff is cool that could really help a lot too.

I feel like the Red War story gets a bad rap for it's bad endgame. The Campaign was actually pretty good I think. All the missions were fun, the story made sense, and things were explained well.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

That’s 99% of the people, which is why requiring 750 of them to level up the guardian rank is awful.

I though the score was different than the raw number you get? Pretty sure at the very least you get some points for giving them out too.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Some what light level are you supposed to be for neomuna post-game stuff? Because lost sectors are apparently 1780 and deeply unfun coming out of the campaign at 1750

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

RocketRaygun posted:

I feel like the Red War story gets a bad rap for it's bad endgame. The Campaign was actually pretty good I think. All the missions were fun, the story made sense, and things were explained well.

the weird thing about Red War is that it's a pretty awesome story for returning players that just happened to be the core of the game launching for the first time on a new platform with a huge new player base

just true galaxy brain stuff from bungie, and idk how activision let them put it out given how aghast they were at the original pitched story for d1

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

VanillaGorilla posted:

Some what light level are you supposed to be for neomuna post-game stuff? Because lost sectors are apparently 1780 and deeply unfun coming out of the campaign at 1750

You get a bunch of blue 1770 gear from nimbus after completing the post campaign mission where you watch a cutscene of the other tall dudes memorial.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

the reprised Red War missions with that end of year activity scaling right before Forsaken..can't remember the name of it..were very dope.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

You get a bunch of blue 1770 gear from nimbus after completing the post campaign mission where you watch a cutscene of the other tall dudes memorial.

this is only on legendary

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So you farm up your light level then.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oh, are we back to the characters and gun models not loading in glitch again? :allears:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah do the LC to get 1770 and then say goodbye to Neomuna for a while as you go back to the Tower and do playlist & seasonal activities until maybe 1785ish

Then head back to Neptune to wrap up them chores & quests

(Light level is bad)

There is no need to fear the LC. It's certainly the way the game was meant to be experienced. I advise anyone at Guardian Rank 6 or higher to opt for Legendary instead of Story Mode

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

RBX posted:

So you farm up your light level then.

yea but with soft cap at 1750 its pretty lame to go straight from campaign to doing pinnacle playlists or w/e, but witch queen had this problem too iirc

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Tormenters are very easy and do a good job forcing you out of cover and making you clear adds. If you can clear the adds when fighting them theyre trivial, if a little spongy. Just move around nonstop and shoot them while doing it, clearing adds when they pop up, literally all it takes, they have nothing in their arsenal that stops this.

I think its actually a good design to mix up the rules of engagement in a game where most mobs are just "shot while breaking line of sight sometimes"

Unormal fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 3, 2023

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Just finished the campaign. There was a vehicle mission so my overall score is 1/10.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

el B posted:

Just finished the campaign. There was a vehicle mission so my overall score is 1/10.

i honestly thought it was the best one of those they've done but have no idea how it plays on legendary lol. i loved that mission as something that felt like it fell out of halo 1 tho

just did vanguard ops for the first time and of course rolled heist battleground mars. someone quit in terror right at the start but honestly it was fine! feels like they nailed the difficulty, we had a couple stumbles in the opening plate capture (everyone still dies to the taken on C) but the rest was far easier than the season playlist while still a step up from what strikes used to be, i liked it

looks like you gotta do 5x regular for the pinnacle though instead of 3x which sucks, id just do the nightfall but im only 1760 power and dont want to get matchmade with other low power people and struggle thru it :(

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I was fine with soloing LC up until the last fight, and it only really sucked because every time I died it was getting suppressed and gently booped off a ledge into eternity. Ended up getting it done with Witherhoard and an LFR like people suggested.

Lol I killed FINAL FORM Calus with my last LFR shot just as he killed me which was pretty rad.

e] Is that Bracus Zahn strike with Caiatl's Cabal new with Lightfall or have they been adding/changing stuff like that for a while? Was pretty cool to jump into Strikes and finally have a bit of update/variation.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Hamelekim posted:

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should do in the game at the moment.

I'm on mission 4 of the new campaign on Legendary difficulty, want that sweet end of campaign loot and exotic. But I also want to finish up the Gjallerhorn quest line. I'm at the first boss for the Dungeon, doing it solo for fun/challenge. I'm also missing a heavy machinegun which I would like to have for the campaign. I had a couple of blue heavy machineguns but they are not the same, and wasn't going to spend currency to upgrade their level.

I don't think the Gjallerhorn quest is going away anytime soon, and the better loot from the campaign seems like the way to go for now, unless there is anything else that I might want to farm for guns that would be good in the campaign.

I’m like 3 pages behind on this thread but I’ll run you thru Grasp if you want, my bungie ID is Colonel Rhombus#2556.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I think the problem with Nimbus lies with the sound director. Their performer was also in Hades and did an excellent job there, so it's definitely not a casting problem. For some reason it was thought that the forced enthusiasm of a kids show host and a pitch that sounds like a 10 year old with a voicechanger box was the way to go for a 600lb goliath, and that lies with the director who either asked for it or didn't reject it.

If at any point including cutscenes Calus just once did the clapping motion from Leviathan (CLONK-CLONK) I would have forgiven everything they did wrong by him.

EDIT: On a side note, this thread joins a lot of other communities online lately where I've seen people use Marvel as a pejorative, usually for 'quips', and not only for Destiny but other games and TV shows as well. I'm seeing so much "ugh just like Marvel" commentary online in the past couple months that I'd be terrified if I owned Disney stock.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 3, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm really liking Broodweaver although warlock jump feels so awful compared to Hunter.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

abraham linksys posted:

i honestly thought it was the best one of those they've done but have no idea how it plays on legendary lol. i loved that mission as something that felt like it fell out of halo 1 tho

It was the easiest of them all even on legendary, but I just hate them so much.

As someone who only pays attention to lore from the cutscenes, and I'm talking main story campaign cutscenes not seasonal story stuff, I'm getting hard shadowkeep vibes. Now I have to wait another year for something interesting to happen.

Neptune playable area and characters should have been introduced a year ago. I'm excited to try out stand once it's fully unlocked.

Calus should have been the VOW baddie. I'm over him. I don't give a gently caress about the cabal. Rhulk should have been the protagonist. Tormentors are cool. KINDA REMINDS ME RHULK NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT. I thought the veil was supposed to be a race of people. More "deciple" enemy variants would have been good. Instead the veil is an internet service provider?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I had marvel fatigue before marvel fatigue was mainstream and now everyone's doing it. Ugh so uncool.

More seriously yeah. Bad writing and poor project management is the mainstream norm now. Too many seat warmers failing upwards. The result of hiring or putting people in positions for reasons other than being the actual best person for the job.

It's a self correcting problem in the long run.

Edit - I think bungies actual talent are now working on upcoming products and D2 is just spinning wheels to time out the next 2 years.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

FlapYoJacks posted:

That’s 99% of the people, which is why requiring 750 of them to level up the guardian rank is awful.

I've received 3 commendations and have a 13 score so if you imagine each one is worth 4-5 points (gently caress if I know the actual conversion) its not too terribly bad and the tooltip says "a portion" will carry over to season 21 so it's fairly attainable I'd guess if people keep mindlessly slapping the button at the end of things

e: come to think of it I've sent 4 and gotten 3 (all thoughtful) so maybe if the ally ones are 3 and sending one is 1 that's how I got to 13

abraham linksys posted:

It played pretty much like the rest of legendary: I found the best place to hide my tank so I could pop enemies while taking as little return fire as possible until things were dead enough that I could go clean up the remnants

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 3, 2023

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

I think the problem with Nimbus lies with the sound director. Their performer was also in Hades and did an excellent job there, so it's definitely not a casting problem. For some reason it was thought that the forced enthusiasm of a kids show host and a pitch that sounds like a 10 year old with a voicechanger box was the way to go for a 600lb goliath, and that lies with the director who either asked for it or didn't reject it.

If at any point including cutscenes Calus just once did the clapping motion from Leviathan (CLONK-CLONK) I would have forgiven everything they did wrong by him.

EDIT: On a side note, this thread joins a lot of other communities online lately where I've seen people use Marvel as a pejorative, usually for 'quips', and not only for Destiny but other games and TV shows as well. I'm seeing so much "ugh just like Marvel" commentary online in the past couple months that I'd be terrified if I owned Disney stock.

I feel like the obvious touchstone for Rohan and Nimbus is Batman and Robin and once seen in that context it clicked together for me

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

campaign was fun! not as good as Witch Queen but all I want from new Destiny stuff is new sights and new lore, and for an expansion I want cool new powers, fun characters, and a big status quo-shifting ending—I’m satisfied!

Reddit is making GBS threads its pants and crying and it seems like this thread might be too but it’s good stuff and Strand whips rear end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

e] Is that Bracus Zahn strike with Caiatl's Cabal new with Lightfall or have they been adding/changing stuff like that for a while? Was pretty cool to jump into Strikes and finally have a bit of update/variation.

These are the first two strikes that have been overhauled without a lengthy stay in the vault (Lake of Shadows is also radically different now)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is there lore on why they're so tall and why his voice sounds horrible?

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

abraham linksys posted:

I also think they should just remove pvp from this game because it's not very fun and seems impossible to balance around while keeping pve players happy. There's a billion better pvp games but zero better pve live service fps games so stick with what you're good at, you know

I have a handful of friends who like pvp but even they only play trials at this point

I view PVP as a fun little thing to do when I'm in the mood for it and have a gun or other gimmick I think would be fun to use. I did a little bit recently where I was using Starfire Protocol and Witherhoard on Control and I got someone so mad at me because I kept sticking him with the fusion grenades (years of plasma grenade practice still coming in handy!) and then shooting him with a little pea-shooter sidearm that he started tea-bagging me whenever he occasionally got his revenge on me.

Hell, I purposefully avoid Trials since I don't actually want to take PVP in this seriously at all.

Whirling fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 3, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Every time I think they can't make a shittier more unfun fight the next mission in the campaign tops it. Holy gently caress the end of mission 7 is inexcusable.

Also spawning me at the beginning of the run and not the boss room is just being an rear end in a top hat for the sake of it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The tank mission was incredibly fun with one other person, so much so that I want a 6-tank encounter in a raid now

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

The Marvel movie currently in theaters right now is on track to be the first one that doesn’t turn a profit, I think the cultural backlash is in full swing.

Lib and let die posted:

The tank mission was incredibly fun with one other person, so much so that I want a 6-tank encounter in a raid now

We used to have a raid that used tanks! It’s gone now :(

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

Original character please do not steal reasons.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

RBX posted:

Not sure there's an official lore explanation yet.

To look at the implications there, they're basically hover boarding post apocalyptic space marine super cops ginned up with all the tech Neomuna had available. And the mural you can easily find in the city shows that Rohan and Nimbus are easily two of the less augmented looking people. One of them looks like a woman who just straight up had her upper skull replaced by a metal dome that goes down to cover her eyes entirely so that she can't see. Dude's probably not even got all of his original vocal chords any more, and that's some lovely augmentation they stuck into them because if you're going to go full Robotnik on someone then why the gently caress not?

I'm guessing the size is for stuffing even more poo poo into them kind of like how WH40K space marines are loving huge because they need all that extra size to include the spare heart, backup vital organs, subdermal kevlar armor skin layer, etc, etc.

Game wise it's to show they're cool and unique and that the devs expect you to be fascinated by this new thing. Basically, MMO logic.

Also, a news broadcast discusses expanding or dismantling (!?) the military during the invasion or something like that. Which aside from highlighting how nonchalant the Neomunians are taking the invasion* by omnicidal darwinian psychopaths hellbent on destroying the city after they get what they want might also suggest what the two super cyborgs have insofar as a role.

Weirdly enough, the mural in the city shows a fairly limited number of cyborgs, so either the city is quick to forget the human sacrifice that occurs every ten years exists despite being in a virtual world that could theoretically record data forever or there's something else going on. Or it's just a lovely plot hole.

* One broadcast belatedly mentions that this year's "Pixel-fest" is going to have to be held online in the virtual world only, so please don't miss out. Also, a lot of the NPC's seem more annoyed or intrigued by the opportunities presented at their city getting slowly literally drilled to bits by Cabal landers.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 3, 2023

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

RBX posted:

Nanomachines, son

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I've been avoiding online discussions of Lightfall until I finished the campaign, and I'm surprised to see all the extremely online gamers getting mad about it. I guess Witch Queen is a hard act to follow. There's certainly rough spots; it's closer in quality to the pre WQ expansions, but I don't really get the hatred.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only forsaken was good pre witch queen so we've regressed.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

switched to witherhoard and pumped my resilience and was able to beat legendary calus in 4-5 attempts

still a crazy difficulty spike from literally every other legendary mission though

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

ponzicar posted:

I've been avoiding online discussions of Lightfall until I finished the campaign, and I'm surprised to see all the extremely online gamers getting mad about it. I guess Witch Queen is a hard act to follow. There's certainly rough spots; it's closer in quality to the pre WQ expansions, but I don't really get the hatred.

The witch queen set a new bar. All of Beyond Light's seasons were setup to the witch queen payoff. This clearly isn't the case with Witch Queen's seasons. It's significantly under that bar and we've regressed to shadowkeep level storytelling. It's a real shame. And there are other problems like strand taking up so much of the campaign, being significantly less powerful than story version, etc.

I don't think the expansion is horrible but they definitely need to up their loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ponzicar posted:

It's not hatred. It's gamer rage. You know, the same people who get upset over K/d ratios.

View everything in that context.